PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Kimi replaces Schumacher at Mercedes for 2011

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 12:01
Quote from the article:

Kimi Raikkonen makes a comeback to F1 in 2011
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Norbert Haug and the Mercedes management have confirmed that 2003 and 2005 runner-up and 2007 F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will end his 1 year F1 sabbatical and come back to replace Michael Schumacher at the Mercedes GP team for 2011. Sources say that Michael wasn't fully motivated and has agreed to cut the contract short in light of his neck problems and decreasing race performance. Also, his wife...

Full Article here: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/249371/kimi-raikkonen-comes-back-to-f1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y)

And from Formula1.com as well: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/12/11603.html (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y)

Well, this is surely going to make all Kimi fans jump up and dance with joy! :up:

Cooper_S
15th December 2010, 12:09
Stranger things have happened... well maybe not in F1

Mark
15th December 2010, 12:11
Aha! Good move for all concerned I think. But Kimi wasn't exactly motivated at Ferrari, we'll see how he does after a years holiday!

markabilly
15th December 2010, 12:13
a better title for this forum would be the "Schumacher bashing and bad jokes" forum.

Everyone knows Kimi is not coming out of retirement and the replacement is Sutile, given his new close relationship with Jabba Norberg

Cooper_S
15th December 2010, 12:14
that was because he had won the WDC... that was last decade so no one remembers so he will be all freshly motivated... no fear

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 12:19
a better title for this forum would be the "Schumacher bashing and bad jokes" forum.

Everyone knows Kimi is not coming out of retirement and the replacement is Sutile, given his new close relationship with Jabba Norberg

I'm sorry but it is confirmed. Did you read the full article on the links in the original post? That should make the picture much more clearer I think. Interesting read, especially how Kimi wants to repay Mercedes for their support during his years in Mclaren, and how he's not gonna give them up and let them down.

markabilly
15th December 2010, 12:21
I'm sorry but it is confirmed. Did you read the full article on the links in the original post? That should make the picture much more clearer I think. Interesting read, especially how Kimi wants to repay Mercedes for their support during his years in Mclaren, and how he's not gonna give them up and let them down.
yeah, in one i saw him demostrating his new passing moves.....but the passee was showing how hard it is or not.....

Bagwan
15th December 2010, 12:21
Now , you see , that is funny .

Thanks , X .

Dr.Phibes
15th December 2010, 12:35

I thought he won't desert Citroen

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 12:44

He's known Mercedes and Haug for so long, they both know what's been going on. I think the sabbatical helped him get some things straight. He now knows the game and is gonna play it. You wouldn't get this from any other guy.

Big Ben
15th December 2010, 12:47
I actually hoped for a minute there

SGWilko
15th December 2010, 12:49
And to think, Rick started out as a BT engineer....

Chaparral66
15th December 2010, 20:36
X-ecutioner, what is this? You in love with Rick Astley or something?

gloomyDAY
15th December 2010, 20:38
Well played, sir. :D

Stranger things have happened... well maybe not in F1

Aha! Good move for all concerned I think. But Kimi wasn't exactly motivated at Ferrari, we'll see how he does after a years holiday!

lol @ not reading posted articles.

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 20:47

X-ecutioner, what is this? You in love with Rick Astley or something?

Party poopers. :(

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 21:10
Well played, sir. :D

lol @ not reading posted articles.

LOL at not getting that they're actually playing along. :p

Tazio
15th December 2010, 21:23
Party poopers. :(
Hey X-man whatever happened to your really bitchen F1 Forum?
An X member named Tazio told me he used to post on it.
I bet if he was still posting on this site he would have already posted something to the affect of.
What about Kimi? :kiss: :kiss: .............................. :p : ;)

CaptainRaiden
15th December 2010, 22:32
Hey X-man whatever happened to your really bitchen F1 Forum?
An X member named Tazio told me he used to post on it.
I bet if he was still posting on this site he would have already posted something to the affect of.
What about Kimi? :kiss: :kiss: .............................. :p : ;)

Vultures flying low at that forum now. Weird coincidence, one admin and a mod got different jobs with no access to computers, and all the rest of us lost track meanwhile.

As for Tazio, last I remember of him, I think he was too busy making sweet love to that Alonso poster on his wall, with a Ferrari toy car in his lap. :p

Tazio
15th December 2010, 23:17
Vultures flying low at that forum now. Weird coincidence, one admin and a mod got different jobs with no access to computers, and all the rest of us lost track meanwhile.
So the site is still up? :confused:

As for Tazio, last I remember of him, I think he was too busy making sweet love to that Alonso poster on his wall, with a Ferrari toy car in his lap. :p
I guess you really have been out of touch! The last I heard was that he went to Germany
and flew in a couple of guys from Palermo named Luigi who made Rob Smedley an offer he couldn't refuse.
The last thing I heard about him was that he was arrested later that week for driving too fast on one wheel on his Aprilia at night on the Autobahn.
It must have been too much partying after Ferrari gave such a serious beat-down Sunday :s mokin:

Valve Bounce
16th December 2010, 00:04

He won't; As his bumper sticker reads:My Second Car is a Citroen

:p :

Mia 01
16th December 2010, 06:27
Still the one the others fear. Only 30 years old and I think he has something to prove in F1 still. He will be back.

SGWilko
16th December 2010, 11:11
He won't; As his bumper sticker reads:My Second Car is a Citroen

:p :

You mean My other car is a 2CV? :laugh:

CaptainRaiden
16th December 2010, 11:47
So the site is still up? :confused:

It's offline, but you can still login. No new posts in the last 2 years though. :D

I guess you really have been out of touch! The last I heard was that he went to Germany
and flew in a couple of guys from Palermo named Luigi who made Rob Smedley an offer he couldn't refuse.
The last thing I heard about him was that he was arrested later that week for driving too fast on one wheel on his Aprilia at night on the Autobahn.
It must have been too much partying after Ferrari gave such a serious beat-down Sunday

You got drunk because you felt bad that Ferrari stole the victory from Massa and gave it to Alonso? :p

And yeah yeah, we all know you've got that beast Aprilia Shiver. No need to rub it in my face. :mad:

:p

Lalo
16th December 2010, 11:56
Mmm... :S

Garry Walker
16th December 2010, 13:25
:D

Interesting read, especially how Kimi wants to repay Mercedes for their support during his years in Mclaren, and how he's not gonna give them up and let them down.
Yeah, I am sure he remembers mercedes with fond memories, always having to walk back to the garage after his engine failed yet again :D

SGWilko
16th December 2010, 13:27
:D

Yeah, I am sure he remembers mercedes with fond memories, always having to walk back to the garage after his engine failed yet again :D

always having to walk back to the garage after his fresh engine failed yet again

Dr.Phibes
16th December 2010, 18:31
always having to walk back to the garage after his fresh engine failed yet again

always having to walk back to the garage after crucial parts of his car failed :D

odykas
16th December 2010, 19:27
Hilarious video clip :laugh:

Good job X-ecutioner :p :http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/member.php?u=85588

jas123f1
19th December 2010, 23:51
I would like to see Kimi back in F1 - but unfortunately I can't see it happen... however not in 2011 season.. Renault had their chance but I think Kimi wanted some kind of guarantees which Renault didn't want to give him..