PDA

View Full Version : Online Rally Calendar of 2011 events

Livewireshock
13th December 2010, 08:51
World Rally Calendar - 2011 (http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=amk4c2VzaGdvN2wwdHAza3Y0YmttYXJkcW9AZ3Jv dXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ)

I made a calendar for 2010 and it was useful for keeping track of what event was happening on any given time of the year. So now it is time for 2011. It is obviously a work in progress as I have just added the most basic of details from the obvious sources.

It would be great if I could add the dates and details of all and every rally anyone would care to mention. Not just major championships. Will make it easier follow what is what and how to find information about each event. So any information, websites and details would be fantastic.

The wonder of the Google Calendar is that it is a live document, allowing for details to be altered and adjusted through out the year. Hope it can come in handy for anyone out there.

It is also possible to embed the code for this calendar in to any website or exported out in various formats for other uses. This is a labour of love and I enjoy sharing it with every one that I can.

Thanking you very much,

Graeme Bray

N.O.T
13th December 2010, 09:39
great job indeed...it would be nice for different championships to use different colour codes at least for the major ones like WRC/IRC/APRC/ERC and the rest local event could have the same colour

Also if the forum administrators could work their magic and have the calendar embedded in the front page of the rallying forum and have notifications coming when a rallying event comes up would be nice.

Livewireshock
13th December 2010, 10:24
great job indeed...it would be nice for different championships to use different colour codes at least for the major ones like WRC/IRC/APRC/ERC and the rest local event could have the same colour

Also if the forum administrators could work their magic and have the calendar embedded in the front page of the rallying forum and have notifications coming when a rallying event comes up would be nice.

Thankyou for the compliment. Lots of colours would be nice but only possible in Google Calendar if every series and championship was written as separate calendars. So to simplify things, I went for the all in one approach.

Salist
13th December 2010, 11:00
Very good idea!
I imported in my calendar.
Thanks.

navtheace
13th December 2010, 15:03
Excellent stuff :)

A bit of small feedback, an idea to put the country name in the title of non wrc events so we can all see instantly which country some of the national events are that we don't know of.

Fantastic idea and in my list of fave websites already.

Hartusvuori
13th December 2010, 15:47
A bit of small feedback, an idea to put the country name in the title of non wrc events so we can all see instantly which country some of the national events are that we don't know of.

That would be a good add to this. Otherwise, very nice and thanks for doing this.

MJW
13th December 2010, 18:03
can anyone tell me how I import this to my google calendar?

Hartusvuori
13th December 2010, 19:59
Should dates for WMSC meetings and such (perhaps RG1 release dates for most hyped rallies) be added as well?

Livewireshock
14th December 2010, 00:30
can anyone tell me how I import this to my google calendar?

Two methods for adding to your calendar.

My Calendars

On the left side of the screen you will see My Calendars.
[/*:m:2kiu2g9g]
Click on settings
Choose Import Calendar
Copy and paste this link into the box - http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ji8seshgo7l0tp3kv4bkmardqo%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Save the calendar[/*:m:2kiu2g9g]

Other Calendars

On the left side of the screen you will see Other Calendars.
Click on Add
Choose Add By URL
Copy and paste this link into the box - http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ji8seshgo7l0tp3kv4bkmardqo%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Save the calendar[/*:m:2kiu2g9g]

This code can be added to Microsoft Outlook, Apple or most other calendar software.
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ji8seshgo7l0tp3kv4bkmardqo%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

J4MIE
14th December 2010, 22:49
That looks great :up:

For those of us that do not know how, what is the best way of adding events onto it?

Livewireshock
15th December 2010, 02:48
That looks great :up:

For those of us that do not know how, what is the best way of adding events onto it?

Post them to this thread or send a PM as other people have done. I will add them into the calendar myself in order to moderate it. It could become quite messy and awkward, if people were able to edit the entries themselves.

I am trying to stay away from 'proposed' dates and wish for only confirmed dates.

Otherwise, I am quite happy to send any one the calendar data in what ever format I can, if someone wishes to have their own calendar, that they can moderate themselves.

raybak
15th December 2010, 09:27
I'll send the NSW dates thru tonight.

Ray

uranium
15th December 2010, 09:30
:up: Thanks!

makinen_fan
15th December 2010, 12:17
this is great!!! many thanks
i was searching for one last year but could not find on the internet and opted to do my own.

olschl
3rd January 2011, 00:33
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together! Is there a simple way I can edit the calendar to show only the WRC and IRC events? Perhaps someone has already made an IRC/WRC only calendar they might want to share? ANy help appreciated.

Livewireshock
4th January 2011, 07:08
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together! Is there a simple way I can edit the calendar to show only the WRC and IRC events? Perhaps someone has already made an IRC/WRC only calendar they might want to share? ANy help appreciated.

The data can be exported to a spreadsheet, then edited in any way shape or form you wish. Search for WRC and IRC to obtain the dates solely for those events. Then the spreadsheet can be imported back into a calendar.

Livewireshock
4th January 2011, 07:35
Here is the ICS file, allowing anyone to import into their own calendar program and use it as they wish.

Leon
4th January 2011, 08:08
Here is the ICS file, allowing anyone to import into their own calendar program and use it as they wish.

Thanks a lot

olschl
4th January 2011, 13:16
The data can be exported to a spreadsheet, then edited in any way shape or form you wish. Search for WRC and IRC to obtain the dates solely for those events. Then the spreadsheet can be imported back into a calendar.

Perfect. Thanks!

Fri
5th January 2011, 13:14
Perfect. Thanks!

Great! Many thanks!