PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Roman Kresta?

Plan9
13th December 2010, 02:11
What ever happened to Roman Kresta?

wwbroe
13th December 2010, 07:24
To my knowledge he is still driving, especially in Czech rally championship where he made the switch from Peugeot 207 S2000 to Skoda Fabia S2000 and he will drive again in 2011, this time with Skoda Fabia S2000 Evo2. But i am sure our Czech friends on this forum can tell you more about him. :)

Hartusvuori
13th December 2010, 10:21
He was 4th in Czech championship this year after two retirements on the last two rounds. In 2009 he won the Czech title.

He is still very active competitor and apparently still holds a passionate fanbase in Czech. Of the Czech championship drivers, definitely at the top 3 with Valda and Pech. I don't know how much exactly he competes abroad, but this year I saw him with a Lancer in Rally Finland (quite lame though), and he did also IRC Cyprus in a Lancer too, at least.

Shacki
13th December 2010, 12:23
Profile - Roman Kresta

http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?profile=639

Tom206wrc
13th December 2010, 12:49
In fact I guess Plan9 asks "what Kresta will do in 2011?" :p :

Mirek
13th December 2010, 18:26
He will drive Czech International Championship with his new Fabia S2000 spec. 2011 plus maybe some few international starts for fun. In 2010 he did Sweden (retired after technical problems and off - no spare windows I think), Finland (5th gr.N after driving one leg with bent suspension arm from early off) and Cyprus (1st gr.N, 6th overall).

As far as I know he already decided to stay with his family and not to be half a year abroad competing on international ground. In my opinion he may retire from rallying if he wins Czech title next year. To me he doesn't seem to be motivated to continue anymore.

This year he had an unlucky season with Peugeot. He wasn't satisfied with cooperation with Peugeot especially in terms of suspension. Three retirements and problems with shock absorbers caused he was only fourth in the championship. A small satisfaction was a victory in Czech national rallysprint championship where he carried son of his sponsor as co-driver.

Besides that he has his own team running several cars. But his main job is to help other drivers with setups. That will most probably stay his main role in rallying in the future.

Plan9
14th December 2010, 00:04
interesting guys...i just remember Malcolm Wilson promised us that he would return to the WRC in 2007 or something...i guess that has gone the way of all the Markko Martin rumors of return aye i thought he was kinda cool when he was at ford in 2005

Mirek
14th December 2010, 21:02
Before 2005 Kresta signed contract which in his words was the worst thing he could have done he said he would never do that again for one season. After 2005 those people behind stopped all fundings (they expected miracles in first season) and he managed to get out only after 2008 (with very few rallies in those years). In 2006 he was paid by M-Sport as test driver (he said it was funny that they started to pay him when he stopped competing). In 2007 he was setting cars for Munchi's.