PDA

View Full Version : Carabante puts HRT up for sale

Giuseppe F1
10th December 2010, 10:33
http://en.espnf1.com/hrtf1/motorsport/story/36166.html

HRT put up for sale
ESPNF1 Staff
December 10, 2010

The struggling HRT team is up for sale despite the new investment of former Telefonica boss Juan Villalonga, according to Spanish sports newspaper AS.

Although Villalonga's investment had led to talks with potential investors no deals have been made and, as a result, "Jose Ramon Carabante and his equity partners have put up the team for sale".

Having parted company with partner Toyota Motorsport, HRT has now been left with "no car, no base, no drivers, no sponsors - only a Cosworth engine."

continues.......

nigelred5
10th December 2010, 14:45
hmmm, not much to buy but a shop, an engine contract and the entry with no car in the works. I don't believe they have any manufacturing capacity. At least the other "new" teams have the means to design and build their own car. Seems HRT has made all sorts of friends the past year. First Dallara, then Toyota.. Maybe they should call up Pete and Ken again and see how that USF1 design was coming along.

ArrowsFA1
10th December 2010, 14:56
HRT have denied a report in today's As newspaper that Carabante has put the team up for sale. Suspect offers would still be welcome, though.

http://twitter.com/#!/alanbaldwinf1/status/13199395356934144

Nikki Katz
10th December 2010, 19:51
I don't know whether or not that report was true, but if they don't make peace with Toyota soon then they're not going to have a chassis for next year. Maybe they could still use that awful one from this year, but that's probably not going to qualify as regularly as it would have done this year, competition moves on and they haven't. Besides, Dallara might have some sort of intellectual rights over them doing that.

Koz
10th December 2010, 20:03
If this is true they waited far too late to do this properly. Another fail.

Dr. Krogshöj
10th December 2010, 20:23
hmmm, not much to buy but a shop, an engine contract and the entry with no car in the works. I don't believe they have any manufacturing capacity. At least the other "new" teams have the means to design and build their own car. Seems HRT has made all sorts of friends the past year. First Dallara, then Toyota.. Maybe they should call up Pete and Ken again and see how that USF1 design was coming along.

Funny but they don't even have a shop. I read somewhere that they work out of Kolles's F3/DTM/Le Mans shop in Augsburg.

Rollo
10th December 2010, 23:36
Would anyone else like to see HRT sold to the HRT?
http://www.hrt.com.au/racing/2010/home/

I'd like to see General Motors have a go at Formula One. Someone somewhere around the world must have the knowhow to run a team surely.
And it could even be rebranded for every GP as well. In Europe it would be the OPC, in the UK VXR, in the Middle East it could run as a CSV, in Brazil an Opel, hck we might even see a Cadillac or something else.

Then again, maybe not. Who'd want to see a Vauxhall Cosworth?

raybak
11th December 2010, 14:11

I'd like to see General Motors have a go at Formula One. Someone somewhere around the world must have the knowhow to run a team surely.
And it could even be rebranded for every GP as well. In Europe it would be the OPC, in the UK VXR, in the Middle East it could run as a CSV, in Brazil an Opel, hck we might even see a Cadillac or something else.

Maybe they could get Skaife to drive :)

Well they do have James Courtney now though.

Ray

nigelred5
11th December 2010, 14:42

I'd have to draw the line at my tax dollars being involved in the rediculous expense of an F1 team. Get the government out of government motors first, them if they want to attempt corporate suicide again, have at it history tells me F1 is a waste of time and money for mainstream High volume manufacturers.

F1boat
12th December 2010, 16:39
I think that the team will just die.

Rollo
12th December 2010, 20:35
I'd have to draw the line at my tax dollars being involved in the rediculous expense of an F1 team. Get the government out of government motors first, them if they want to attempt corporate suicide again, have at it history tells me F1 is a waste of time and money for mainstream High volume manufacturers.

Much better for the government to sponsor Chrysler with its M1 Abrams and needlessly blow up people around the world. You might actually have a chance at winning that championship :D

Jag_Warrior
12th December 2010, 21:11
I think the trials and tribulations of HRT, as well as the other two new teams, says just how flawed the FIA's approach has been in bringing in new teams. Give them some extra test days... something! Give them some sort of allowance that allows them the opportunity to get it together better than what we've seen. HRT and Virgin are both joke teams. The only reason "Lotus" is spoken of kindly is because it has typically been the best of the worst for most of the season... but it's a joke team as well. If they get the Renault engine working well with their new chassis, maybe that will change next season. But I think it will still be a challenge for them to score a point next season. Time will tell.

As for HRT... please die already!!! It sucks for Bruno, but this team needs to go. :vader:

Rollo
12th December 2010, 21:20
HRT and Virgin are both joke teams.

Feh.

We need joke teams. Sometimes they grow up and become real ones. Look what happened to Toleman, Politoys and Stewart.
Meanwhile "real" teams like Toyota Alfa Romeo and Brabham have died; never to be seen again.

Sonic
12th December 2010, 22:08
I think that the team will just die.

Sadly I believe you are right.