PDA

View Full Version : Xero Competition

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 13:31
Shocked to see no sign of Xero Competition on the entry list after tbd confirmed their entry on the forum a few weeks ago.

Anyone know whats happened to them and whether they and the Lexus IS200s will be out this season?

100%hondafan
13th March 2007, 13:47
suprised not to see one xero lexus on the list as they have been testing.

mikecapener
13th March 2007, 16:46
Just been on Xero's website and found this

Tommy Erdos tested one of Xero's Lexus IS200 Touring Cars along with regular driver, Mark Jones at Silverstone recently. We're working with Tommy on engineering new components which are currently being manufactured and will be tested at end of this month.
There are currently no plans to race in this season's BTCC.

Shame really

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 16:55
That contradicts completely what tbd was saying just a few days ago when MN published their entry list.

A real shame that Xero won't be in the series this year.

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 16:58
Yeah, I reckon with improvements the cars could have gone well.

100%hondafan
13th March 2007, 17:51
so they are devloping the car but do not plan to run it that makes no sence :S

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 18:03
It might make sense if they have enough money to develop but not enough to race.

Jimmy Magnusson
13th March 2007, 18:04
Is it the old 2001 car or something newer?

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 18:06
It is not the old 2001 Lexus. There are two Lexus they converted to Super 2000 spec themselves for last season.

ATF
13th March 2007, 18:48
Do Xero have the ones from...was it the Danish series?

And are the BTC Lexii the old Speed Equipe ones?

cos
13th March 2007, 18:56
The BTC ones are ex-SpeedEquipe. The Xero ones originate from the Dutch touring car series I believe.

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 19:04
Yeah, they were run as production-spec cars in the Dutch Touring Car Championship in 2002.

tdb
13th March 2007, 19:48
OK.
to update you guys.
1: several of us attended media day today
2: the website is incorrect, due to an error by the guy that writes it up!
Thankyou for pointing it out mikecapener.

3: The cars are not on the entry list YET!!!!!
4: the cars are undergoing development work and are not yet ready to run,
we could have turned up with unfinished cars like many did, but thought better of it.

5: the season does not start untill the weekend of the 1st of april so we have time!

mattie007
13th March 2007, 19:50
Hope you make it tdb.

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 19:53
Good news. Look forward to seeing the Lexus at Rockingham!!

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 19:54
You've got 17 days to get things together, I hope you guys make it :)

mattie007
13th March 2007, 20:04
Plenty of time in BTCC terms!

tdb
13th March 2007, 20:31
the guy who does the website is a bit like a computer....
You have to "punch" the information in.

site is now correct.

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 20:44

site is now correct.

:laugh:

I hope you are not abusing your staff :p :

Thanks for clearing that up though.

Allyc85
13th March 2007, 21:09
cheers for clearing that up, just hope you make it in time :)

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 21:10

site is now correct.

LMAO :rotflmao: . Good luck on continuing in the BTCC :up:

kmchow
14th March 2007, 06:42
Yes, the BTCC needs not only a bunch of Lexi, but also a bunch of passionate independent racers! :D

Alfa Fan
14th March 2007, 22:07
Site now indicates they plan to test March 30? Should we take that to mean they won't be at the first round?

Iain
14th March 2007, 22:15
I saw the Xero coach/bus thing at Sandbach services today on the M6. No real point to this post, just thought I'd mention it. :)

tdb
15th March 2007, 21:58
I saw the Xero coach/bus thing at Sandbach services today on the M6. No real point to this post, just thought I'd mention it. :)

right behind 1 of our transporters, on our way to donnington to test 3 radicals.

Alfabeta2
17th March 2007, 13:54
OK.

3: The cars are not on the entry list YET!!!!!
4: the cars are undergoing development work and are not yet ready to run,
we could have turned up with unfinished cars like many did, but thought better of it.

5: the season does not start untill the weekend of the 1st of april so we have time!

Translation:

3: XERO are not entered for the '07 season. We do not currently have a driver bringing enough money to enter. I hope we can find someone soon.

4: we have stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the cars. We didnt have the funding to turn up for media day.

5: The season doesnt start until the 1st April so hopefully we can find somebody with money who wants to drive our cars.

if they had the cash they would have been there media day is too important to sponsers to miss.

Alfa Fan
17th March 2007, 14:50
Site now indicates they plan to test March 30? Should we take that to mean they won't be at the first round?

tbd can you elaborate? Will this test be a quick shakedown of the newly improved cars before Brands, or will you be entering later in the year?

Captain VXR
17th March 2007, 16:19
Or would that be BTCC practise?

Alfa Fan
17th March 2007, 16:22
No. BTCC don't run on Fridays.

Captain VXR
17th March 2007, 17:25
Ah, March 30 is a friday. How stupid am I?

tdb
17th March 2007, 18:06
Translation:

3: XERO are not entered for the '07 season. We do not currently have a driver bringing enough money to enter. I hope we can find someone soon.

4: we have stripped, cleaned and rebuilt the cars. We didnt have the funding to turn up for media day.

5: The season doesnt start until the 1st April so hopefully we can find somebody with money who wants to drive our cars.

if they had the cash they would have been there media day is too important to sponsers to miss.

Media day is not actually that important. as proved by WSR not having their cars there and also Dynamics having only 1 non runner there!

Also Alfabeta, what you have posted is ill informed nonsense!
If you chose to post the drivel you have written as some kind of attack on Xero? you are wasting your time, as your opinion is completely worthless!

Alfabeta2
17th March 2007, 20:36
Media day is not actually that important. as proved by WSR not having their cars there and also Dynamics having only 1 non runner there!

Also Alfabeta, what you have posted is ill informed nonsense!
If you chose to post the drivel you have written as some kind of attack on Xero? you are wasting your time, as your opinion is completely worthless!

Of course its not an attack on Xero they are a hard working smaller outfit.
I dont think there is anybody who wouldnt want to see them on the grid this year.

I just object to people submitting miss information to this site.

Media day IS important it is where the media first get access to the new cars and teams. The media use it for quotes and photos the whole season long. It is actually 1/11 of media coverage available to a team for a whole year.

It is especially usefull for smaller teams such as Xero who get limited TV coverage during the season. As it is guarented coverage for them in the team and driver introductions and season previews.

This is clearly illustraded by the fact that Dynamics took the risk of bringing an unready car and wasting valuble resources in doing so. And also the fact that WSR have borrowed and liveried up a swedish bmw for Media purposes (and testing). You seem ill informed on them not attending media day?

It is also the reason that other non running cars where there such as the BMW 1 series.

I say again the only reason that a team would not be registered for the Btcc or present for Media day is due to them not currently having the funding.

Also my opinion is just as valid as anyone elses on this forum.

tdb
18th March 2007, 03:16
WSR did not have the cars they are running this year at media day! so i am not ilinformed!!

Also as you stated that you dislike people posting missinformation on this forum, perhaps some editing of your posts on various threads is called for!

chrisyboy
18th March 2007, 20:29
Think you should re read what he said, he said they borrowed a car

norwichsam1
23rd March 2007, 12:20
Anyone know yet whether xero will have any cars out at brands or not? would be a shame not to see them out

100%hondafan
24th March 2007, 12:18
doesnt look like it, no press releases yet.

VkmSpouge
24th March 2007, 13:41
Anyone know yet whether xero will have any cars out at brands or not? would be a shame not to see them out

According to their website they are testing at the end of the month. I would like to see them out racing too, that Lexus does have potential and it will be interesting to see how it squares up against the BTC Racing (ex-SpeedEquipe) version.

Alfa Fan
28th March 2007, 02:02
Doesn't look the team are going to make it :\

Any news tdb?

Website still indicates they're testing on Friday, presumably that means they WON'T be at Brands Hatch for the opening races?

A real shame.

PDS
28th March 2007, 10:48
Don't write Xero off yet..

I am sure we will see them out this season! Hopefully with two cars....

tdb
28th March 2007, 23:27
We won't be attending the opening round, but we will be out this year with both cars.

The latest development parts are due to arrive thursday and we will test them and then make the decision of when we join the championship.

TCF
28th March 2007, 23:49
Good to see tdb defending for a change, i have seen some of the posts and comments directed towards other hopefulls, 99% of teams need budget to run in BTCC including Xero Competition.

tdb
29th March 2007, 11:05
Who are the 1% that get to race for free then?

Alfa Fan
29th March 2007, 14:31
I presume he means 99% of the hopeful entries still require budget.

tdb
29th March 2007, 20:17
Good to see tdb defending for a change

I fail to see how informing fans of what is happening, is defending!

Unlike a great deal of "Hopefulls" we Actually have 2 cars and 2 drivers!

The decision when to enter the championship is down to having competitive cars. There is very little point turning up without the development work completed.
This would be a waste of money! and would not acheive the desired goal.

BTCC2
29th March 2007, 22:01
would not acheive the desired goal.

Without seeming rude.

What are Xero Competitions goals in 2007?

Funks
29th March 2007, 22:14
At a guess - to be able to take part and be competitive rather than just make up the numbers.

The IS200 was never really competitive in the hands of previous teams. It would seem that with the work that Xero have done over the winter, they believe they may be able to put up some sort of a decent challenge.

If that is the case then it makes a lot of sense to me that they go testing instead and skip a round where they could easily have ended up with re-shells and engine rebuilds to deal with.

tdb
29th March 2007, 23:40
you hit the nail firmly on the head funks!

TCF
30th March 2007, 01:00
99% of hopeful entries still require budget, as for the 1% well I guess with you its always the same, just looking to split hairs...

But what do Xero really want to achieve running the Is200, even with all the development work a team such as yours can afford it will simply not be enough even to run mid field.

TDB, you should lead by example on these forums, with all your inside information and that, but some times you are very disrespectful of other people, even aspiring teams, you seem to think that you know it all and what even you don't know you make up.

I do appreciate what you do on this site, filling people in with what you want them to know, however, most of the time what you know provides the answers, I have a few inside truths about what goes on within the BTCC and are very friendly with many people from front running teams and sadly Xero can only ever dream of being up at the sharp end of the grid, especially with people like you on the team, I choose to value the Information provided to me as privileged information.

On that note I hope you take heed and have some respect!!!

tdb
30th March 2007, 20:11
sadly Xero can only ever dream of being up at the sharp end of the grid, especially with people like you on the team.

On that note I hope you take heed and have some respect!!!

To resort to a personal attack on my ability in the job i do, without even knowing me or my work history and to judge me by posts on a forum, (many of which are tongue in cheek) gives me very little reason to show you any respect whatsoever!

VXRDartford
30th March 2007, 22:26
All I would like to say is that I like teams like Xero competition as they are as much what the BTCC is about as VXR and SEAT as you will always need the independants. From what I saw of them at the rounds I attended last year they looked very profesional and their cars were getting better every round.

I for one hope they will be back as soon as they feel they can be competitive and I hope they will get the support they deserve

MattSmith
30th March 2007, 22:56
Doesn't every team start somewhere? Seat, WSR, VXR and Team Dynamics are the most likely to win the championship this year in my opinion. Of those four only Dynamics haven't been an official works team in the last few years and how many races did they win in their second year of BTCC.

Xero could get some good results in the independants and that would be something to build on. Maybe next year they could be challenging for indie wins. Maybe they'll get a works Lexus deal (a bit of a long shot). We can't see the future and if they don't try then they'll never get anywhere

The fact that you won't win straight away is not a reason to never try.

TCF
31st March 2007, 00:05
My sentiments exactly, every team has to start somewhere.

But you guys seem to forget the remarks made to some of the teams, or as tdb has put it before (what constitutes a team) new start teams, peoples dreams and aspirations.

There are some good project teams trying to raise budget to become part of the BTC and have been totally slagged of, but as they say, those that cant talk about it and those that can do, i know of two particular new start teams trying their up-most best to get of the ground only to be publicly ridiculed on this forum...

cookingfat
31st March 2007, 23:18
There are some good project teams trying to raise budget to become part of the BTC and have been totally slagged of, but as they say, those that cant talk about it and those that can do, i know of two particular new start teams trying their up-most best to get of the ground only to be publicly ridiculed on this forum...

Which teams are they Colin?

If they are the teams I think you mean, I don't remember people resorting to personal attacks on them!

BTCC2
1st April 2007, 00:28
Clyde Valley Racing were certainly attacked. :D

kmchow
1st April 2007, 02:14
I haven't been around long enough--especially when it comes to the world of motorsports-buuutt...has business or things changed?

Did teams in the "good 'ol days" announce their intention to race AFTER the sponsors/funding has been secured or BEFORE like the current practice?

Alfa Fan
24th April 2007, 02:53
Any update on Xero's progress and when we're likely to see them tdb?

dwracing23
24th April 2007, 18:34
One of the Xero guys was at "the rock" at the weekend, drove past him in my golf kart and nearly knocked him over! ooppss sorry about that.

tdb
24th April 2007, 20:47
testing of latest development parts on the 18th may, then maximum attack from oulton onwards!

murrayfan
24th April 2007, 21:35
Nice One More Cars More Action For The Btcc Any News On Drivers Yet ?

cookingfat
24th April 2007, 22:04
Nice One More Cars More Action For The Btcc Any News On Drivers Yet ?

Only one!!! Lets hope they can come out with two cars....

kartworld1
25th April 2007, 00:10
Dynamics have build an entirely new race winning s2000 car in the time that Xero have been "developing" their Lexus.

It should be amazing by the time that they bring it out for the "Max attack".

unless they have just been waiting to find a driver with money to be able to run like many other teams with cars but no driver...

Especially now that Jones has moved to newer greener pastures.

Winchester
25th April 2007, 00:24
Dynamics have build an entirely new race winning s2000 car in the time that Xero have been "developing" their Lexus.

It should be amazing by the time that they bring it out for the "Max attack".

unless they have just been waiting to find a driver with money to be able to run like many other teams with cars but no driver...

That's a bit of a catty remark.
I don't know for sure but I would guess TD have more resources and cash than Xero, so that would explain a few things...

tdb
25th April 2007, 00:26

I see he managed the same number of races as Xero at Rockingham!

Xero always carried a spare engine for both cars!

"Greener" ??? Maybe, maybe not!

VkmSpouge
25th April 2007, 12:30

It was greener; not racing on Sunday would have reduced Adam Jones' carbon footprint :p :

murrayfan
25th April 2007, 12:48
I don't know for sure but I would guess TD have more resources and cash than Xero, so that would explain a few things...
AND ALSO XERO ARE IN THE BRIT GT UNLIKE TD WHO ONLY RUN IN THE BTCC XERO'S CAN ONLY GO SO FAR

murrayfan
25th April 2007, 12:51
AND ALSO XERO RUN IN THE BRIT GT UNLIKE TD WHO ONLY RUN IN THE BTCC AND ALWAYS HAVE DONE XERO'S MONEY CAN ONLY GO SO FAR

murrayfan
25th April 2007, 14:25
Sorry About Posting The Same Thing Twice

Northern Monkey
25th April 2007, 14:54
Except Xero don't run in British GT anymore. Not sure if the Corvette is running at the moment anywhere or not, but they do have a Radical programme in place.

They won't be the only team to do that though - quite a few teams have their fingers in many pies so to speak, look at someone like Carlin. Granted that is single-seaters but they run in F3, FBMW and World Series so it can be done quite easily.

LiamM
25th April 2007, 15:36
Motorbase and Team Eurotech also springs to mind

murrayfan
25th April 2007, 16:02
i didnt know that they quit the brit gt

dwracing23
25th April 2007, 18:34
Without seeming rude.

What are Xero Competitions goals in 2007?

He's the mechanic not the team owner!

Unlike a great deal of "Hopefulls" we Actually have 2 cars and 2 drivers!

Not owned by Xero neither are the engines.

More attacks on guys that are actually in the BTCC and he WAS leading the indie Championship - that wouldnt have happened in the Xero Lexus, the car struggled to get to the top 10, once when Xero hit the top ten only because many cars didnt finish the race! The 2nd engine hadnt arrived thats all, just very unlucky.

tdb
25th April 2007, 20:26
Not owned by Xero neither are the engines.

Check your facts dwracing!
Although, we have never owned any drivers ;)

my previous post was in response to kartworld1.

Try to control yourself dwracing. if i wanted to start attacking the team you have latched onto, I would, rather than post a quick comment in response to someone elses little dig.

kartworld1
3rd June 2007, 21:49
testing of latest development parts on the 18th may, then maximum attack from oulton onwards!

are we still going to be blessed with xeros pressence in the paddock at Oulton then?

VkmSpouge
3rd June 2007, 23:14
I hope Xero Competition race this year. BTC Racing are beginning to show good pace with Lexus IS200s so hopefully Xero can at least match them.

kartworld1
22nd June 2007, 23:10

hmm seems like xero's '07 entry has gone the way of the Cylde Valley Team.

no driver with money = no racing.

how ironic given tdb's constant attacks on the clyde valley project...

VkmSpouge
22nd June 2007, 23:39
Well unlike Team Clyde Valley Racing, Xero Competition have cars and have raced with them. I do the Xero Lexus IS200s appear sometime this year.

tdb
23rd June 2007, 17:21
how ironic given tdb's constant attacks on the clyde valley project...

Stating facts in the past is hardly "constant attacks"!

You, Kartworld1, however, seem to be the one consistantly digging at Xero!

CFC/VXR
23rd June 2007, 20:02

but you say stuff as bad as Clyde Valley, you stated you would be out at Oulton and your not? How come? Let me guess - the cars are not ready to race as you still have a lot oftesting and development to do on them! Correct?

tdb
24th June 2007, 00:24

Is what i posted! i did not say we would be racing at oulton park!

Captain VXR
24th June 2007, 13:15
At least Xero have cars and a team unlike Clyde Valley kartworld1

kartworld1
24th June 2007, 20:58
At least Xero have cars and a team unlike Clyde Valley kartworld1

not much point in having a team and car unless you go racing...

cookingfat
25th June 2007, 22:05

Looking at your 7 posts so far, 5 of them are a dig at Xero! If you joined this forum just to do that, you are not going to have too much to say!!!

Any team that has cars and are ready to go racing should be encouraged not ridiculed!

Xero have, Clyde Valley haven't! When Clyde Valley do have some cars to go racing, people will start to take them seriously...

ready2rock
25th June 2007, 22:21

as mentioned earlier in the thread, i agree that there isn't much point in Xero going racing with a car that is still under development, and then to have the added expense of a typical race weekend on top of the development costs.

i hope that Xero do get a car out soon and prove to all of you that criticise them that they have done what is right for the team, and that they are on the pace fairly quickly :)

Alfa Fan
3rd July 2007, 11:37
Is what i posted! i did not say we would be racing at oulton park!

Still no news? Will you be racing at Donington next weekend?

kmchow
4th July 2007, 22:44
While R&D is important, at some point, a team should race to get some actual race weekend experience/testing and exposure to potential sponsors/fans.

BT 96
5th July 2007, 23:59
In xero's Defence developement on the Lexus is major, there has been no works cars before these , Xero and BTC are doing all the development on them, we are both doing it on our own with no help from the manufacture,

BTC are doing there development at the race track on race week ends, Xero choose to do it in private, as Kartworld 1 said you need drivers, but who wants to drive a Lexus thats at the rear of the grid, it cost lots of money to do the BTCC .I think xero have got it right no money no racing as I said it cost lots of money just for racing without development.

tdb
7th July 2007, 20:38
I have avoided responding to this thread lately as some seem not to understand the bigger picture.
For the fans, motorsport is a pleasure/leisure activity.
For the teams, it is a business.

There are a few members of this forum that habitually think they have all the answers. usually youthfull inexperience or silly pettiness.
Yes, i am often critical of others, but this is more often than not based on factual knowledge!

Xero competition are involved in a great deal of projects, BTCC being only 1.

We are still developing the Lexus, new parts arrived on friday and engine development is ongoing.
Our main aim is to develop towards the future and the tranferability of existing developments to new shape lexus'.

Plans change in motorsport all the time and have recently.

we feel there is little point showing our hand untill it is a hand worth showing.

As ever, i will try to keep the "true fans" of this forum posted as and when i can.

Enjoy donnington all.

And Kartworld1, keep the shots coming, it amuses us all! ;)

tisme
7th July 2007, 21:15
Our main aim is to develop towards the future and the tranferability of existing developments to new shape lexus'.

NOW......... this is something worth waiting for!

Good luck tdb....

LiamM
7th July 2007, 22:22
TDB, I only have one gripe with you, its spelt Donington.

Sorry it gets on my nerves when people spell it wrong.

Good luck with the project, while it'd be good to have Xero back, and not to be harsh, tbh I don't think we need another team right now the Xero car would just be lost in the mid-field! Lets hope Xero can turn it into a race winning car before the end of the season!

Alfa Fan
8th July 2007, 15:50
Race winning?! I don't think so! Best the team can hope for is to be regularly competiting for points.

tdb
8th July 2007, 16:18
Race winning?! I don't think so! Best the team can hope for is to be regularly competiting for points.

Agreed Alfa Fan, winning races is obviously an ambition but unlikely this year.

BT 96
8th July 2007, 16:36
There is no reason the Lexus can't win, but only time will tell, for me I hope it will happen in race 3, before the end of the season fingers crossed.

Who else thinks the Lexus can win? anybody have the same belief as BTC

MBailey06
8th July 2007, 19:44
I think at perhaps Brands Hatch later in the year, a podium is possible, but I think that a win is a bit too difficult to see happening.

Robinho
8th July 2007, 20:28
i think a win would be unlikely, lucky even, but not impossible. at times Stockton has shown the pace to latch on to the back of main pack, so in a hectic pack with a bit of luck it could be possible, although i'd think a lucky podium is more likely

VkmSpouge
8th July 2007, 20:50
The Lexus needs more development before it can match the likes of Mike Jordan who have outside hopes of winning races. I do think it has got plenty of potential though.

VXRDartford
8th July 2007, 21:32
NOW......... this is something worth waiting for!

Good luck tdb....

Sorry to dampen the mood but all of the new lexus' are 2.2 ltr diesel or 2.5 ltr petrol onwards so would not be eligable for the btcc.

Apart from that I always cheer the lexus' on from the sidelines as they look good in race trim and it is obvious that the teams are trying very hard to develop it and it looks like btc racing have started to show the real potential of the lexus.

I hope xero will be back on the grid sooner rather than later.

LiamM
8th July 2007, 21:51
Sorry to dampen the mood but all of the new lexus' are 2.2 ltr diesel or 2.5 ltr petrol onwards so would not be eligable for the btcc.

The Chevrolet Lacetti is only a 1.8 petrol? and thats permitted on S2000 regulations?

Red200
8th July 2007, 23:11
There is no reason the Lexus can't win, but only time will tell, for me I hope it will happen in race 3, before the end of the season fingers crossed.

Who else thinks the Lexus can win? anybody have the same belief as BTC

I feel convinced that the Lexus can win, hard work :s panner: , sweat :bigcry: a few swear words and a bit of luck.

Will not give up trying :vader:

ADnet
9th July 2007, 17:47

I believe some "homologation" of the local variety could iron that out.. afterall thet Chevvys in the WTCC are only 1.8's as mentioned earlier, but the FIA has allowed them to race it with some modifications and breaks

VXRDartford
9th July 2007, 20:02
Oh I did not realise that. lets hope they can bring the new IS to the grid as that looks even better than the old IS

kmchow
9th July 2007, 21:02
Oh I did not realise that. lets hope they can bring the new IS to the grid as that looks even better than the old IS
I love these underdog teams the touring cars, but by the time they get a handle on the old bodystyle, even the new bodystyle will probably get replaced already. The car could be championship winning material, but totally irrelevant in terms of bodystyle. Isn't there a time limit on how long a bodystyle could be raced too? Or perhaps local organizers could waive that requirement too?

LiamM
9th July 2007, 21:41
The MG ZS is still being raced..............

peewhee
16th July 2007, 23:02
The MG ZS is still being raced..............
It looked as if it was making up the numbers at Donington!

VkmSpouge
17th July 2007, 11:46
Donington was an odd event as only the top 12 in the championship actually scored points. Usually Jason Hughes is able get some points in his MG.

I love these underdog teams the touring cars, but by the time they get a handle on the old bodystyle, even the new bodystyle will probably get replaced already. The car could be championship winning material, but totally irrelevant in terms of bodystyle. Isn't there a time limit on how long a bodystyle could be raced too? Or perhaps local organizers could waive that requirement too?

I believe as long as it is still homologated you can race the car.

Motor_maniac
17th July 2007, 20:13

Apart from that I always cheer the lexus' on from the sidelines as they look good in race trim and it is obvious that the teams are trying very hard to develop it and it looks like btc racing have started to show the real potential of the lexus.

I hope xero will be back on the grid sooner rather than later.

Is it no longer the case (or was it ever the case) that the manufacturer was able to use any engine from the manufacturer's family i.e. Toyota / lexus for example. i'm sure the avensis and auris use a 2.0l motor?

feel free to correct, i just have the idea stuck in my head for some reason....

Iain
17th July 2007, 21:27
Still the case. As the 5 door Civic of TD uses the engine from the 3 door Type R and I think the Lexii that BTC run takes it's engine from the Japanese spec Toyota Altezza?

Red200
21st July 2007, 20:43
Would love to see the new shape lexus out on the grid, it is a :facelick: looking car.

mattie007
21st July 2007, 20:57
There was never a 2.0L Petrol ZS in the range, only a 1.8 and 2.5L V6, but they were allowed to run the K2000 engine as used in the Rover 45 and 75.

Iain
21st July 2007, 21:40
Was that not the 1.8l engine bored out to 2.0l?

Red200
22nd July 2007, 15:53
Still the case. As the 5 door Civic of TD uses the engine from the 3 door Type R and I think the Lexii that BTC run takes it's engine from the Japanese spec Toyota Altezza?

Our engines are indeed from the Altezza

Alfa Fan
22nd August 2007, 18:08
So any hope of Xero making any appearance this season?

mattie007
22nd August 2007, 18:17
Was that not the 1.8l engine bored out to 2.0l?

You could be right there Iain. I think thats why Yvan Muller was complaining a few years ago when he said the MG team where running illigal spec engines or something like that!

But from what I understood, they used the 2 litre from the MG Rover range.

tdb
23rd August 2007, 00:41
So any hope of Xero making any appearance this season?

Maybe, maybe not.

Work is ongoing, maybe with all the cars not attending knockhill we could have a proper result?

tdb
23rd August 2007, 00:45
You could be right there Iain. I think thats why Yvan Muller was complaining a few years ago when he said the MG team where running illigal spec engines or something like that!

But from what I understood, they used the 2 litre from the MG Rover range.

The 4 cykinder judd engine used by WSR and now by Kartworld started life as a 1600cc. Bored and stroked to 2000cc.