PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Seat??

Ed
13th March 2007, 12:04
does anyone have anuy ideas wh may be in this car or does anyone think it may just been another WSR or Arena and never turn up??

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 12:08
It could be like WSR and Arena 3rd car entries (2nd car in Arena's case) and never appearing or it might be like Team Dynamics 3rd car entries, with someone coming in late on to support the championship challenge.

LiamM
13th March 2007, 12:24
It could be like WSR and Arena 3rd car entries (2nd car in Arena's case) and never appearing or it might be like Team Dynamics 3rd car entries, with someone coming in late on to support the championship challenge.

You're probably right, if its tight near the end they could draught Muller to help without inccuring late entry ballast

BTCC2
13th March 2007, 12:26
I doubt that Muller would wiant to help Plato win the title.

Tarquini or Rydell Maybe. (I wish)

LiamM
13th March 2007, 12:58
Im sure if the money is right Yvan will do as he is told

Ed
13th March 2007, 13:16
I would prefer tarquini to be honest

SEATFreak
13th March 2007, 14:44
Is it a part-time or full-time Leon?

ATF
13th March 2007, 15:22
It's not been announced. I would agree with the above posts that SEAT could bring a 3rd Leon in later on in the season and have registered it now in case they need it, therefore avoiding the late-comers ballast!

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 15:44
It won't avoid the ballast for late comers, Gareth Howell's car was registered at the beginning of the season in 2006 but got lumped with late entry ballast.

Ed
13th March 2007, 16:51
yea your right, forgot about that. It dosent depend on when the car was reigstered it depends on when the car turn up

ATF
13th March 2007, 17:31
yea your right, forgot about that. It dosent depend on when the car was reigstered it depends on when the car turn up

Then if they aren't planning to run the car from the first round, it seems a bit of a strange decision to register it...

Ed
13th March 2007, 17:49
maybe they are. we havent had any coinfirmation from seat either way as yet

Robinho
13th March 2007, 19:11
its either got to be a just in case entry to support the other cars later in the season, but that seems unnecessary to register at this point of the season, the other option is that they are in talks with a pay driver and that its nearly all in place so worth regsitering the entry as they feel confident of getting a 3rd car on the grid for the start of the season.

alternativley, maybe Seat are reserving judgement on the competitivness of the field and if it turns out that they may not be the class of the pack as widely tipped, maybe they will field an extra car to boost their chances?

m0rk
13th March 2007, 20:19
alternativley, maybe Seat are reserving judgement on the competitivness of the field and if it turns out that they may not be the class of the pack as widely tipped, maybe they will field an extra car to boost their chances?

Much more along the lines of my thinking

Always thinking........

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 21:00
Yep, seems to be a reserve option for later on.

BDunnell
13th March 2007, 21:18
It won't avoid the ballast for late comers, Gareth Howell's car was registered at the beginning of the season in 2006 but got lumped with late entry ballast.

Was Darren Turner fully ballasted when he made his first appearance then?

LiamM
13th March 2007, 21:20
Turner took on Thompsons ballast, and then Thompson took on Turners ballast

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 21:24
Seeing as SEAT Sport UK do everything in-house, it would be hard for any rumours to get out

Ed
13th March 2007, 22:13
Im guessing it is going to be a young and uopcoming driver who can provide some finacial support like Smith did for VXR last year. I wish it was Tom Ferrier. His bad luck in the BTCC is so just so wrong. Lost out to a vauxhall seat at the last minute in 2001, did well against harvey in the JSM alfa, did well in the ETCC with the DART alfa and showed everyone last year at Silverstone how good he was witout doing any testing before the event. I hope it will be him

chrisyboy
14th March 2007, 14:26
i think alot of interest of paying drives from the likes of Hines, Smith etc so seat have entered it and will annouce a paying driver my thoughts Gavin Smith at Brands

amtmotorsport
14th March 2007, 20:57
paul o'neal would be a long shot ...

amtmotorsport
14th March 2007, 21:00
what about paul o'neal has the cash and he can play the team game

nicemms
16th March 2007, 17:39
I reckon Seat have taken on board Steve Neal's tactics and will deploy the 3rd card mid way through to support the team and Jase.

ATF
16th March 2007, 18:31
what about paul o'neal has the cash and he can play the team game

Does he though? Surely he would be out in some capacity if that was the case. Maybe he does but he's not announced anything yet?

PDS
16th March 2007, 18:33
I don't think Paul has the budget for this year, which is a shame.

I am not expecting to see him in the BTCC this year!

SEATFreak
17th March 2007, 13:45
I reckon Seat have taken on board Steve Neal's tactics and will deploy the 3rd card mid way through to support the team and Jase.

I think that would be a massive gamble and considering last seasons tactics of alternating the second car between Darren and James it would smack to me of desperation to beat Steve and Team Dynamics. He would have to get a driver proven in achieving high points scoring positions.

Look at Gareth Howell last season. Just going on POSITIONS ALONE at Snetterton he got 9 points when he got 7th (4pts) in Race 1 and 9th (2pts) in Race 2. At Knockill 24 were gained when he was 3rd (10pts) twice and 7th once (4pts). At Brands Hatch a further 9 was achieved when he was 8th (3pts) in Race 2 and 5th (6th) in race 1. And as for Silverstone two wins (2x 15pts) and a 6th (5th) if I recall makes 36! So if my brain is working that makes 78 just from positions alone.

I just hope there is a drive lined up to put in that kind of form.

Pilfp
19th March 2007, 16:23
Autosport said that Rydell could be an option because he has got no other drive than Le mans confirmed.

TCuns
23rd March 2007, 13:01
Be great if it was Rydell!!! Make for a quality championship!!

Iain
29th March 2007, 00:33
Here's the answer to the question......http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/BTCC/2006_btccnews.asp?ID=28093829

Ian McC
29th March 2007, 00:43
Is it April the 1st already?

LiamM
29th March 2007, 01:38
If you read Scott Dennis' quotes he kinda confirms SEATs participation for 2008

'This Leon is so rapid I’m beginning to question if I’ll need drivers at all next year'

ADnet
29th March 2007, 02:52
hehe like the "+160Kgs" on the side!

piggy
29th March 2007, 14:26
This has to be an April Fools joke, there's no way it would be allowed.

LiamM
29th March 2007, 14:52
Its a bit early, and the technology exists Fifth Gear even use it

CharlieJ
29th March 2007, 16:00
It does say at the top of the article "Strictly embargoed until April 1st 2007".

So I think that's your answer.

Nice one SEAT. :laugh:

Big Boonster
29th March 2007, 16:43
And how about the description....Telematics Remote-Information Control Kit (that's TRICK...), nice

SEATFreak
29th March 2007, 19:03
This has to be an April Fools joke, there's no way it would be allowed.

Have a day off piggy!! :) When you read it and pay close attention to certain words of course it's an April Fool's joke. But then again the joke is a proper April Fool's joke. Not something done at someones expense in a way it humiliates them like it is nowadays. After a big build up (rumour usually) clever daft humour concealed cleverly so nobody is able to spoil it and notice it.

160kg of PUB BALLAST! :laugh: :laugh:

Well done Scott!! You had me and most of us I think convinced for weeks!!

tisme
29th March 2007, 20:22
I wonder if you would still need a race licence to 'drive' one?

Les
29th March 2007, 21:56
it wouldn't need a spy in the cab - it would need one staring at Scott :)

Nice to see the teams have a little sense of humour.

Also loved the fact it is faster than JP :D

SEATFreak
30th March 2007, 13:56
Nice to see the teams have a little sense of humour.

I think that fifth word has an extra consonant Les.

I am sorry mate, maybe it is just mud sticks, but I just don't see Steve Neal doing that. Maybe Ian Harrison but not Neal. Certainly not an April Fool's joke of that imagination. I think that really was very funny.