http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=428

*First 5 meetings: live on ITV2/3/4, highlights ITV1
*Final 5 meetings live on ITV1
*Whole day's coverage live on Setanta Sports
*Extra highlights on Men & Motors
*Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz presenting

speedy king
13th March 2007, 09:56
Fantastic! :D And i can watch the supports without getting a satelite for a small fee....

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2007, 10:26
Are all 3races live on ITV 2/3/4

are the ITV1 highlights on the same weekend or following weekend?

100%hondafan
13th March 2007, 10:45
that is good coverage should do the btcc many favours

thompp
13th March 2007, 10:51
Are all 3races live on ITV 2/3/4

are the ITV1 highlights on the same weekend or following weekend?

They havent accopunced yet, but if its like last year it would be mid week in the wee hours.

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 10:55
For the rounds ITV aren't showing live, I'd expect the coverage to either be in the evening of the same day - or the next weekend.

thompp
13th March 2007, 10:57
For the rounds ITV aren't showing live, I'd expect the coverage to either be in the evening of the same day - or the next weekend.

Just means the torture of waiting a week to watch the highlights.

Ed
13th March 2007, 11:02
no offence to VBH but im glad some one else it takink over the presenting of the show now. Having sauid that VBH was alot better then Dr Collins from Holby City who did it in 2001

VkmSpouge
13th March 2007, 11:04
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=428

Is this each race live or just the third with highlights of the other two? Shame I'll have to watch the Clios, SEATs, etc. on Motorsport UK late at night.

inimitablestoo
13th March 2007, 11:05
ITV4? Doesn't go on air until 6pm. Does that mean the return of a night race or two? :p :

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 11:05
Furthermore, each race day – including the BTCC’s support championships – will be shown live on independent sports channel Setanta Sports (subscription cable/satellite).

You need to subscribe to Setanta if you wish to see live full days coverage

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2007, 11:08
Do you need top-up TV are cable to get Setanta or get you subscribe through Freeview?

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 11:09
I think you just subscribe to Setanta on Freeview through their website.

BTCC2
13th March 2007, 11:33
ITV4? Doesn't go on air until 6pm. Does that mean the return of a night race or two? :p :

Apparently that is to change.

BTCC2
13th March 2007, 11:34
Great news about Ted Kravitz and Louise Gooman presenting it.

reidy_fan
13th March 2007, 12:01
hope it isnt rip of setanta like the football is,

Doug
13th March 2007, 12:18
£15 a month for the pleasure of subsidising the old firm channels, what a bargain!

At least they don't have it exclusively. Thank you ITV! As long as it is all 3 races, the coverage sounds good to me.

Impressive entry list!

I am evil Homer
13th March 2007, 12:18
The presenting team is a huge plus....VBH was so unprofessional it made the coverage a bit of a joke, like some sort of comedy sketch.

Time to be a Freeview box I think

reidy_fan
13th March 2007, 14:19
£15 a month that is a rip off as I suspected from setanta and there is no way I will subsidise the old firm

Pilfp
13th March 2007, 14:40
Its alright if you're a Scottish football fan (which luckilly I am), but to just watch one or two races a month its struggling to justify the price.

acorn
13th March 2007, 15:59
£15 a month that is a rip off as I suspected from setanta and there is no way I will subsidise the old firm

for those of us who like oval racing as well as btcc and supports, this is actually good news as nasn(which shows nascar nextel cup and busch) is part of the setanta sports package and this adds value to the subscription cost.

reidy_fan
13th March 2007, 16:06
i just hope they do a deal that allows you access to see the motorsport only I'd pay £5 to £8 tops per month for that, dont get me wrong I am scottish football fan but as I dont support either of the OF I just dont se the point in paying for something I wont use

acorn
13th March 2007, 16:18
i just hope they do a deal that allows you access to see the motorsport only I'd pay £5 to £8 tops per month for that, dont get me wrong I am scottish football fan but as I dont support either of the OF I just dont se the point in paying for something I wont use

can't see that happening. this was the same arguement that a lot of nascar fans gave when nasn was absorbed by setanta. i stopped subscribing but am now reconsidering with the 30 plus races in each of the nascar series plus the btcc package.

ATF
13th March 2007, 16:27
Just to clarify, is it just the support races that are live on setanta or is it the full race day (ie btcc races too)?

Steelrat
13th March 2007, 16:46
Just to clarify, is it just the support races that are live on setanta or is it the full race day (ie btcc races too)?

BTCC.net says

"Furthermore, each race day – including the BTCC’s support championships – will be shown live on independent sports channel Setanta Sports (subscription cable/satellite)."

I dunno ... I love the Clio's and Cupra's but ... is it worth subscribing to something I'm only going to watch 10 times a year? And I don't enjoy roundy-roundy racing either ....

BTCC2
13th March 2007, 16:51
What's roundy-roundy racing?

tin-top fan
13th March 2007, 17:10
i'm guessing Nascar-style ( oval) racing

Doug
13th March 2007, 17:27
I'd be tempted if you could subscribe to the Motorsport but not the football as I'd like to see the Nextel Cup races. Saying that I'd be happy if you could subscribe to Motors TV for 5 quid a month rather than 15 quid for loads of tripe that I'll never watch.

It was the same argument they gave you when you asked if you could watch a certain match "pay-per-view" but no, you have to pay for the whole year in order to watch your non-old-firm club play maybe 2 or 3 times a year?

Say NO to Satan TV

Steelrat
13th March 2007, 17:49
i'm guessing Nascar-style ( oval) racing

And you'd be right ... :-)

It's a shame about MotorsTV not showing it any more. But at least I'll still have that ..

reidy_fan
13th March 2007, 17:53
well I have asked mr gow on his forum see what he says as he is the gaffer

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 18:41
It sucks that the first five races are highlights :mad: . I do not have freeview and will not buy a freeview box just for for five BTCC meetings.

Alfa Fan
13th March 2007, 18:44
lol, why not get Freeview? IIRC it only costs about £40 for a box, no subscription. Plus if you have a modern TV, you'll get it inbuilt anyway.

acorn
13th March 2007, 18:49
It sucks that the first five races are highlights :mad: . I do not have freeview and will not buy a freeview box just for for five BTCC meetings.

clocks ticking. what're you going to do when they switch off the analogue signal in your area?

Pedalpusher
13th March 2007, 19:14
It's a shame that the support races are now going to be on Setanta. I'm not going to pay another £180 a year for loads of channels, where I'd only be interested in a very small selection of the sports they cover.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the highlights on Motorsport UK instead.

Delenn
13th March 2007, 19:23
Well done to Alan for getting the BTCC raceday live on TV somewhere. After Motors TV dumped it, I was not confident of seeing it anywhere else.

We should all really support Setanta, in subscribing and letting them know why we are subscribing. And you never know, seeing whole races live might get you into Nascar too. Nascar highlights are never very easy to follow.

cos
13th March 2007, 19:48
lol, why not get Freeview? IIRC it only costs about £40 for a box, no subscription. Plus if you have a modern TV, you'll get it inbuilt anyway.

You can get them for as little as £20 without looking too hard now!

Full day's coverage might be possible via Freeview as well - if Setanta Sports 1 carries the coverage and you subscribe to their new terrestrial service.

Ian McC
13th March 2007, 19:53
I see Alan Gow has commented on btcc.net forum concerning the ITV coverage, only race 3 will be live, the other two will be highlights, that's the same for whichever one of the channels that shows the race. Seems like if you want to see all three races live you will need to go to Setanta.

BDunnell
13th March 2007, 19:58
I find the division between the ITV channels as described rather confusing.

Captain VXR
13th March 2007, 20:14
clocks ticking. what're you going to do when they switch off the analogue signal in your area?

2008 at the earliest

cos
13th March 2007, 21:15
I find the division between the ITV channels as described rather confusing.

ITV4 is where they're showing WRC and F1 qualifying when it would otherwise get in the way of ITV1's saturday night "entertainment". However it usually only starts broadcasting at 1800, although sometimes earlier if there's a UEFA game on, so my best guess would be for the coverage to be on ITV4 early evening. Then again, ITV are axing ITV Play this week and that will get replaced by another new ITV channel so who knows!

tintin
13th March 2007, 22:49
2008 at the earliest

2008 is next year...

Doug
14th March 2007, 11:48
It's getting pretty expensive being a BTCC fan. 2 years ago you could watch everything for "free", as Motors TV was on Freeview. Then it moved to the Sky family package, so you had to pay 15 a month more (the only reason I got Sky). Now it moves to Santana and costs ANOTHER 15 a month. An increase of 30 quid a month in 2 years? Maybe in another 2 years it'll move to Sky Sports and we can help subsidise the vastly overpaid English Premiership! So as it stands it's more expensive to watch it all on TV than it is to get into every race meeting! (not counting travel etc of course, depending where you live)

Saying that, I could have watched my team win last night instead of listening to the radio, but I suppose that's how we're all suckered into these things. Here's the Devil's hand to shake...

100%hondafan
14th March 2007, 11:55
so is sentana sports extra even if you have basic sky package ??

Steelrat
14th March 2007, 12:16
so is sentana sports extra even if you have basic sky package ??

Yes ....

Sky 10.00 1st 3 months then 15.00 per month
Freeview 10.99 per month 1st 12 months then 12.99
Cable 15.00 per month

Plus quoting Mr Gow quoting

On 6 February, Setanta announced it was bringing forward the launch of its new revamped Setanta Sports to 1st March instead of August of 2007 (Excluding the BT Vision Service).

The New Setanta Sports Station will be available on all major UK Television Platforms;

Digital Terrestrial.
Freeview (Available to any customer, with a Box with a CAM or Card Slot)
Top Up TV Anytime
BT Vision (As of August of 2007)
Digital Satellite.
BSkyB
Digital Cable.
Virgin Media

Though I don't think any of it will be free to view ....

P

dcr22B
14th March 2007, 12:56
Yeah it's €15 a month for me to subscribe to Setanta and I get nine channels. That's a real bonus as I had subscribed to it for the GAA and hurling (Ireland's national sports) but now I get back to normality with the BTCC supports!

Doug
14th March 2007, 13:50
15 Euros???? I see, so the Irish pay less for it than the British eh? (£15) That's nice, steal our own championship away from us (as well as the SPL) then charge the British more to see it. Oh go on then, whine about your 80% rate of VAT and how it works out the same.

"GAA and hurling (Ireland's national sports)" - Whatever that is. If that's the kind of crap you're forcing everyone to buy into then what hope is there.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I now despise Setanta more than ever for this. I hope the BTCC never returns to Mondello Park.

cos
14th March 2007, 14:05
It's getting pretty expensive being a BTCC fan. 2 years ago you could watch everything for "free", as Motors TV was on Freeview.

MotorsTV was never on Freeview.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I now despise Setanta more than ever for this. I hope the BTCC never returns to Mondello Park.

What's Mondello got to do with anything?

MattL
14th March 2007, 14:48
MotorsTV was never on Freeview.

No, but it was free-to-air on Sky.

Doug
14th March 2007, 16:07
Yep, that's what I meant.

"What's Mondello got to do with anything?"

Um, it's in Ireland?

cos
14th March 2007, 16:24
So... because Setanta, an Irish company, will now be broadcasting the BTCC you don't want the BTCC to race in Ireland? :confused:

Doug
14th March 2007, 16:38
Duuuuuuh, looks like it, I didn't think I was being that cryptic. Good to see you've worked it out though, well done genius.

Geez, people like you really grind my gears.

Anything else you'd like spelt out?

cos
14th March 2007, 17:08
I understand the point, just not the logic behind it! Does that mean you'd rather not see Irish drivers as well?

ATF
14th March 2007, 17:14
Sounds a bit racist if you ask me, just because it's an Irish company, you hate everything irish now?

Doug
14th March 2007, 17:15
Christ almighty, so let's get down to it dickhead, what would you like me to admit to here? What exactly do you think I'm saying that you're building up to accuse me of?

It's Setanta I've been slagging off here, if you're going to pick up on every little thing I say (which might be a joke) you can just suck my dick, ****face.

Alfa Fan
14th March 2007, 17:22
Will you be disappointed when your banned after 4 years on the forum? Because although I've nothing to do with the running of this forum, I can guarantee you, you'll be banned imminently.

ATF
14th March 2007, 17:28
Maybe you should calm down and remember where you are Doug - I agree with cos in not understanding your logic. I understand you are unhappy to have to pay for live BTCC now but Motors announced they weren't going to show it, so it's either Setanta or nothing. And I've reported your post, no need for that outburst really.

reidy_fan
14th March 2007, 17:30
Doug, mate chill out please. I hate setanta for the amount of money they put into rankgers and sceptic TV (the reason the company was founded) and yeah I am not happy they have the full BTCC package, dont forget Motors TV were not british either being French

It is the drivers in the support series i feel sorry for at least with motors the support races got resonably viewing figures now with setanta even if it goes cheap it will only be the hardcore fans

Ian McC
14th March 2007, 18:35
Top Up TV Anytime

Hmm, is that a pay as you go kind of thing? Would that work out better than having it all the time?

Yeah calm down Doug...Doug?...Doug?!!! Oh he's gone.... ;)

tintin
14th March 2007, 18:41
Doug, mate chill out please. I hate setanta for the amount of money they put into rankgers and sceptic TV (the reason the company was founded) and yeah I am not happy they have the full BTCC package, dont forget Motors TV were not british either being French

Actually. Setanta Sports "was formed in 1990 to facilitate the broadcasting of Irish sporting events to Irish expariates."

Celtic and Rangers didn't come into it until a lot later - in fact not until the SPL's dream of setting up their own channel collapsed.

Given that clearly Motors wasn't interested in continuing coverage of the BTCC, it is good that other broadasters are - or you wouldn't be able to watch the TOCA package live.

It is the drivers in the support series i feel sorry for at least with motors the support races got resonably viewing figures now with setanta even if it goes cheap it will only be the hardcore fans

No, the audiences for the support races on Motors weren't reasonable - they were around 10,000 viewers. And that is one of the reasons Motors dropped it. Having the support races live on Motors made no discernable difference to the drivers. It's the half a million people who watched on ITV1 who made the difference to sponsors.

Funks
14th March 2007, 19:02
Sorry Setanta but I shant be signing up. What you are trying to do with your channel is admirable - especially when you have Sky Sports as a competitor - but I'm afraid I'm not willing to pay that amount for what you have on offer.

nicemms
16th March 2007, 16:27
I won't be either if it was available on freeview on a pay per round basis I would consider it but not at £15 a month plus sky. Its not worth it. £15 a month would go a long way to going to race meetings.

cos
18th March 2007, 18:53
The Brands Hatch rounds will be shown from 4pm on ITV3.

EVOBOY
18th March 2007, 21:47
Guys, does this mean that Motors TV is no longer providing live coverage then?

100%hondafan
18th March 2007, 21:47
that is exactly what it meens ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2007, 22:09
The Brands Hatch rounds will be shown from 4pm on ITV3.

I finish work at 4pm :uhoh: I'm going to have to drive home at a few hundred mph.

ATF
19th March 2007, 00:19
So will this be race 1&2 highlights plus live race 3, as ITV1 did last year? Any word on whether the ITV1 highlights are on the same weekend?

NoahsGirl
19th March 2007, 21:42
Great news for those who have Freeview or satelite/cable. I can't get Freeview yet, nor can I afford Sky or TeleWest, so I'm stuck with highlights on at stupid o'clock in the morning 3 weeks after the race :-(

tintin
19th March 2007, 21:54
Great news for those who have Freeview or satelite/cable. I can't get Freeview yet, nor can I afford Sky or TeleWest, so I'm stuck with highlights on at stupid o'clock in the morning 3 weeks after the race :-(

The highlights will be the same day...

cos
19th March 2007, 22:00
BTCC will be filmed in HD this year, although as ITV don't currently broadcast an HD channel we won't be able to view the racing in HD just yet!

ATF
20th March 2007, 00:00
Maybe for a DVD release then?

cos
20th March 2007, 00:28
Possibly, although I'm not sure the demand would be there for a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray BTCC review disc. The quality on 'normal' TV may come out better though, as it'll be HD recordings scaled down for standard definition TV.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 12:31
once again is there any possibility for the viewers outside the UK to watch the BTCC, after motors ended its relationship with Toca ?

Captain VXR
20th March 2007, 16:25
once again is there any possibility for the viewers outside the UK to watch the BTCC, after motors ended its relationship with Toca ?

Can you get Setanta?

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 16:40
I think no, I havent even heard about it in the past !!

BTCC Fan#1
23rd March 2007, 09:56
I've just heard a rumour that the ITV1 highlights show will be just 25 minutes long... :s Can anyone confirm this? If so that's pretty poor, reminds me of the days when the BBC couldn't really be bothered with the BTCC. It's not like ITV1 have anything decent to show on a Sunday afternoon. (apart from F1 :p )

thetrooper_uk
25th March 2007, 09:56
Apart from F1, I don't think so. Looking for action don't look to F1, god the first race was so boring. BTCC is 100 times more intresting and there is loads of action. To sum up BTCC should have a lot more coverage than F1 in my opinion. Hey that's just my opinion I can't speak for anyone else in here. :o

Ian McC
25th March 2007, 10:28
Apart from F1, I don't think so. Looking for action don't look to F1, god the first race was so boring. BTCC is 100 times more intresting and there is loads of action. To sum up BTCC should have a lot more coverage than F1 in my opinion. Hey that's just my opinion I can't speak for anyone else in here. :o

Well I guess the British public doesn't agree, you can't really compare the viewing figures between the two, they aren't even close.

Seat/Plato Fan
25th March 2007, 11:41
I've just checked the TV schedule on my Sky a week ahead for the 1st of April for the times around 10.30 when the first BTCC round starts... but nothing on any Setanta channel or anything for that matter.

I hope Setanta make some kind of announcement soon. Making me feel a bit nervous being so close to the start but nothing being finalised about full live TV coverage. :(

STEVE MANN
25th March 2007, 13:04
Just checked the Radio Times website.
The Brands meeting is on ITV3 Sunday 1st between 4 and 5:30pm.

(very) edited highlights (I presume) are then on ITV1 on Sunday Evening/Monday Morning between 12:50 and 1:15am - There's the 25 MINUTES BTCC Fan#1 mentioned.

Then there is a 35 minute highlights show on Men & Motors on Friday 6th April between 7:30 and 8:05pm.

Ian McC
25th March 2007, 15:26
I've just checked the TV schedule on my Sky a week ahead for the 1st of April for the times around 10.30 when the first BTCC round starts... but nothing on any Setanta channel or anything for that matter.

I hope Setanta make some kind of announcement soon. Making me feel a bit nervous being so close to the start but nothing being finalised about full live TV coverage. :(

Nope, can't find anything on their website either

jodi
25th March 2007, 18:10
I'm very confused about whats happening with BTCC and the T.V this season! So is there no channel that's showing all the support races and BTCC as Motors did last year? Help!

Ian McC
25th March 2007, 18:38
I'm very confused about whats happening with BTCC and the T.V this season! So is there no channel that's showing all the support races and BTCC as Motors did last year? Help!

Well it's supposed to be Setanta as Motors dropped it, so it costs extra, but cant seem to fiind anything about it for next weekend.

jodi
25th March 2007, 20:38
Right, I did hear something about that but I looked as well I couldn't find anything either. Hope something gets sorted soon because the ITV coverage is not very good!

tintin
25th March 2007, 20:59

Yes, it will be live on Setanta Sports 2. Channel 430 if you're on Sky.

tintin
25th March 2007, 20:59
Hope something gets sorted soon because the ITV coverage is not very good!

It's the SAME coverage!

Captain VXR
25th March 2007, 21:07
I'm geting a freeview box on saturday, after seeing that the highlights on ITV1 are only 25 minutes :mad:

Ian McC
25th March 2007, 21:22
It's the SAME coverage!

Not compared to what Motors used to put out.

speedy king
25th March 2007, 22:10
How is this a step up in coverage. The ITV length is the same as last year but on a digital channel so not as main stream to 'casual viewers' and the highlights are pittiful and at an un godly hour :s

Seat/Plato Fan
25th March 2007, 22:12

The current TV schedules say otherwise.

If you have a look on your Sky listings and go forward 7 days till April 1st. You'll see there is no BTCC (or support) listings.

Also on the Setanta site, listings for Setanta 2.
http://gb.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/tvschedule?open&action=channel2

Again none. Bit worrying with e-mail replies from Setanta saying an announcement will be made within two weeks, and with their channels already occupied with other programs for the start of the season.

tintin
25th March 2007, 22:23
The current TV schedules say otherwise.

If you have a look on your Sky listings and go forward 7 days till April 1st. You'll see there is no BTCC (or support) listings.

Have some faith.

cos
25th March 2007, 22:40
How is this a step up in coverage. The ITV length is the same as last year but on a digital channel so not as main stream to 'casual viewers' and the highlights are pittiful and at an un godly hour :s

It's more hours overall, and the terrestrial coverage is still free to air!

Alfa Fan
26th March 2007, 01:02

Well this is what's listed for Setanta Sports 2 for that time period

9:30 NRL Roosters V Sea Eagles (Delayed)
11:25 Dutch Football Vitesse V Feyenoord (Live)
13:30 World of Athletics
14:00 GP Racing on Track
14:30 NRL Roosters V Sea Eagles (Delayed)
16:30 ATP Tennis Magazine
17:00 AFL Western Bulldogs V Geelong (Delayed)

So I suppose there's nothing their that would be too important to cancel. Only one live events, and thats only Dutch football.

Alfa Fan
26th March 2007, 01:08
btcc.net confirms LIVE Setanta Sports 2 coverage

TV Timetable: Live coverage - 4pm (ITV3) / time TBA (Setanta Sports 2 - ch.430 on SkyDigital/ch.539 on Virgin Media)
Repeated coverage - 11.45pm (ITV1)
* All TV broadcast times given are provisional and subject to change

Presumably the only reason for the TBA is that as yet it hasn't been decided exactly when the coverage will begin.

cgs
26th March 2007, 10:22
Setanta took ages to schedule in the NASCAR coverage on NASN so this is nothing new for them.

BDunnell
26th March 2007, 11:43
How is this a step up in coverage.

The simple answer is that it isn't, except in the imagination of some marketing people.

nik
26th March 2007, 16:35
I've only just found out how rubbish the TV coverage is for this year. Coverage on a channel which always says "No Signal", 25 minute highlights in the morning and if ITV3 is working, I got to try and work out how to record on digital.

I'm surprised Alan Gow has settled for this cos it's PATHETIC and I really am quite angry about it.

inimitablestoo
26th March 2007, 16:43
I'm not so surprised given his comments in a Motorsport News feature the other week. Essentially he thinks more motorsport is heading for digital and the terrestrial analogue channels will begin to lose their coverage. Although that doesn't seem to be the case on Five, who need to plaster a load of motorsport programmes over a call-and-lose phone-in quiz-sized crack on a Friday night these days.

Scuderia ferrari
26th March 2007, 20:06
Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz presenting? Man, what happened to good old VBH and Tim Harvey? Have those guys not had enough with F1 and now they are invaiding BTCC. Dissapointed to say the least. Who is commentating then? Please let it be the same nice guys as previous years!

Ian McC
26th March 2007, 20:07
I'm surprised Alan Gow has settled for this cos it's PATHETIC and I really am quite angry about it.

I don't expect he had a lot of choice.

Winchester
26th March 2007, 22:51
I'm going to solve the problem of the fairly rubbish tv package by going to the track and watching the races there!
In all seriousness, I'm a bit miffed with it. I can't afford setanta and now I can't even set my video to tape it off ITV1 because it's not there anymore!
Anyone who can't afford to get to the track or pay for digital is stuck.
But taking a step back, surely the BTCC is still the biggest domestic racing series in the world and still gets way more tv coverage than you might expect?
Even the Beeb only had a few live each year in the super tourer days.

nik
26th March 2007, 23:45
I don't expect he had a lot of choice.

Yeah I suppose 'Planet's funniest animals' must take priority for ITV. :rolleyes:

Ian McC
27th March 2007, 08:42
Yeah I suppose 'Planet's funniest animals' must take priority for ITV. :rolleyes:

Oooh, whens that on, must watch it! :laugh:

BDunnell
27th March 2007, 10:32
But taking a step back, surely the BTCC is still the biggest domestic racing series in the world and still gets way more tv coverage than you might expect?
Even the Beeb only had a few live each year in the super tourer days.

As I recall, all involved (except Steve Rider, who always wanted it) were unenthusiastic about live coverage until they finally went for it in 1997.

At least the highlights coverage then was on at a decent time, and as part of the BBC's then flagship sports programme, even though it was subject to the vagaries of other things over-running.

acorn
27th March 2007, 11:22
Essentially he thinks more motorsport is heading for digital and the terrestrial analogue channels will begin to lose their coverage.

as the analogue signal will be switched off completely by 2012 and the terrestrial channels will have migrated to digital that statement doesn't actually mean much.

freeview boxes can be picked up for less than £25(the cost of a single btcc race day ticket). unfortunately when professional sports deal with the media they don't always go where the highest audience figure is when accepting bids unless pressured by sponsors. be interesting to see what setanta's viewing figures are like compared to motors tv(assuming they release the figures)

Brown, Jon Brow
27th March 2007, 12:38
Anyone who can't afford to get to the track or pay for digital is stuck.

Who can't afford £30? :confused:

Can they please delay the ITV3 show for 10 minutes so I don't miss the start, otherwise I will risk smashing my car into a tree as I try to get home from work in time :\

KILOHMUNNS
27th March 2007, 12:46

:\

Not always that simple. Digital in my area isn't brilliant so I would also have to buy a new arial which will cost me a further £100+ depending on the size.

I think it is a shame that the coverage is worse this year, just as we get a really good grid number!

nik
27th March 2007, 16:38

I stand corrected, they're showing 'What ever happened to Gareth Gates' instead of live sport. I don't think i'd be able to work out how to record off digital by Sunday, so since 1997 I won't have good coverage of a BTCC meeting. 25 minutes of 3 races is rubbish. So thank you ITV - what a load of old crap.

Alfa Fan
27th March 2007, 17:00
To record off digital, set your VCR to AV1/2/3 dependent on which on your Freeview box is assigned to. You can do this via trial and error.

Then setup the video to record, leaving your digital box assigned to ITV3.

nicemms
27th March 2007, 19:15
I've done that in the past to record football on ITV4 but only trouble is if you have a bad quality scart lead the picture is often bad.

Alternitivley you get a freeview hard drive recorder but unfortunatley I won't have mine till round 4,5 and 6.

tintin
27th March 2007, 19:39

Can they please delay the ITV3 show for 10 minutes so I don't miss the start, otherwise I will risk smashing my car into a tree as I try to get home from work in time :\

May I suggest you drive carefully and instead try ITV3+1, which shows ITV3 programmes on a one hour delay...

tintin
27th March 2007, 19:41
I've done that in the past to record football on ITV4 but only trouble is if you have a bad quality scart lead the picture is often bad.

A decent SCART lead would cost you less than £5...

Brown, Jon Brow
27th March 2007, 19:54
May I suggest you drive carefully and instead try ITV3+1, which shows ITV3 programmes on a one hour delay...

Good advice :up: :)

Jona
28th March 2007, 01:15
Im still confused about the coverage situation. Are Setanta showing all the BTCC races and support races Live like Motors used to?

And I have Virgin Media with basic channels, but at moment it says im not subscribed to this channel so is it free at weekends or what?

What was wrong with before?! Seems like a backward step to me this new TV deal!

Alfa Fan
28th March 2007, 01:20
ITVs digital channels are going to show ITVs main coverage of the BTCC for the first 5 events. This is the same coverage ITV1 showed last year.

For the Brands Hatch round, this weekend, ITV3 are showing the highlights and race 3 live at 4PM for 90 minutes.

This coverage is then being repeated on ITV1 at 11.45PM.

The second 5 events of the 2007 season will be shown live on ITV1.

The all-day live digital coverage that has been screened by Motors TV in recent years has moved to Setanta Sports.

This is because Motors TV chose not to renew their deal to show the series.

Setanta Sports will now show each meeting live in full on one of its channels. This weeekends action is on Setanta Sports 2.

Setanta is a subscription channel which costs £15 a month for the full package. (See www.setanta.com (http://www.setanta.com) for details & to subscribe)

You will not be able to watch Setanta with your existing Virgin package unless you purchase the Setanta Sports package.

Selected programs are occasionally available freeview on Setanta, but this weekends BTCC will not be.

tintin
28th March 2007, 07:22
ITVs digital channels are going to show ITVs main coverage of the BTCC for the first 5 events. This is the same coverage ITV1 showed last year.

For the Brands Hatch round, this weekend, ITV3 are showing the highlights and race 3 live at 4PM for 90 minutes.

The second 5 events of the 2007 season will be shown live on ITV1.

The all-day live digital coverage that has been screened by Motors TV in recent years has moved to Setanta Sports.

This is because Motors TV chose not to renew their deal to show the series.

Setanta Sports will now show each meeting live in full on one of its channels. This weeekends action is on Setanta Sports 2.

In addition to all this, the ITV highlights show will be repeated on Men and Motors next Friday at 7.30pm, and there will also be a highlights show on Setanta, however I'm not sure exactly when.

BDunnell
28th March 2007, 09:16
I stand corrected, they're showing 'What ever happened to Gareth Gates' instead of live sport. I don't think i'd be able to work out how to record off digital by Sunday, so since 1997 I won't have good coverage of a BTCC meeting. 25 minutes of 3 races is rubbish. So thank you ITV - what a load of old crap.

The question no-one has answered is, why has the coverage on ITV1 been reduced in this way?

Jona
28th March 2007, 10:56
Thanks for clearing that up for me! I just dont understand how Alan Gow can think this is a better deal than last year? Surely less terrestrial coverage and using some obscure channel that everyone has to upgrade for the all day coverage cant be a better deal?

sunshine
28th March 2007, 12:52
To me it is not a better deal than last year. I also stay in a poor receiption area so can not get freeview box although we have sky I am not paying extra money just to watch the BTCC - as much as I liked watching all the action when it was on Motors. At least I have got sky so can watch the ITV digital coverage.

Ian McC
28th March 2007, 19:12
Well I see that the BTCC is now showing for Sunday on Setanta.

pentti
29th March 2007, 18:00
I wonder what manufactures,teams and sponsors think of this tv package on ITV now! On the other hand I am pleased that Senanta is showing great interest for motorsport. This weekend alone they are showing 12 hours live car racing. I made rough calcutation that it cost me less than 25 pence an hour to watch car sport in NASN/Senanta. Are you still unhappy of Senanta?

SEATFreak
31st March 2007, 11:34
*Louise Goodman and Ted Kravitz presenting

Excellent news for us who don't have Sentantatatna or Men & Motors. I do have Freeview which has that Senta-whatsit on it but because it is a TopUp TV channel aswell as maybe being a SKY channel there is no reception so I have to get the TopUp TV settop box which requires me to actually take out the Freeview box.

Glad to see VBH gone. Louise Goodman is far sexier and with Ted will give the presentation team a more professional look to it with Louise and Ted, last I heard, being with the ITV-F1 team too. What has happened to the commentary team Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey?

Brown, Jon Brow
31st March 2007, 11:38
Glad to see VBH gone. Louise Goodman is far sexier

Don't know about that :s

Steelrat
31st March 2007, 12:27
What has happened to the commentary team Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey?

Don't know if this helps to answer your question .....

MOTORING: British Touring Cars Championship
On: ITV3 (119)
Date: Sunday 1st April 2007 (starting in 1 day)
Time: 16:00 to 17:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes long)

Brands Hatch.
The British Touring Car Championship returns for a new season, and Ted Kravitz and Louise Goodman introduce live motorsport action from Brands Hatch. Matt Neal will be attempting to win a record third consecutive championship, but will have tough competition from the resurgent Vauxhalls of Tom Chilton and Fabrizio Giovanardi, and the SEAT of 2001 champion Jason Plato. Commentary from Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey.

P

SEATFreak
31st March 2007, 13:03
Don't know about that :s

Well maybe VBH has a good figure and she is a good laugh but that is just it. The laugh. I don't see myself on a date and coping with that laugh.

btw, your info has helped alot steelrat. My TV paper has the time and of course the channel but not the info.

nik
31st March 2007, 16:27
Is the poor TV coverage anything to do with Michael Grade, cos I found out today he's the controller of ITV and he's a complete ****.

cos
31st March 2007, 16:37
Gow's response to some of the criticism regarding the TV coverage this year from the btcc.net forum:

ITV1 simply couldn't offer us the scheduling they required to do the first five events live - which is why we have it live on their Freeview ITV digital station for those 5 events and also have the alternative viewing opportunities such as live with Setanta, plus the Men & Motors highlights (as well as the ITV1 highlights).

[...] the fact is that with the government moving the entire nation over to digital transmission (some 80% so far use it) then it's inevitable that everything you will receive will eventually be via digital so maybe it's an issue that you need to address in order to improve your Freeview reception quality and/or availability to receive cable or satellite....not just for the BTCC, but for all broadcasting in the future.

As an aside, I think some people may have lost sight of something; The BTCC still has, by far, the most comprehensive four-wheel motorsport TV coverage in the UK (apart from F1)...and, to be frank, that's something we should all still be thankful for - despite some individual niggles that people may have with their reception. Back in the 90's (which many say was the best period of the BTCC, so far) the TV broadcast arrangement we had was far inferior to what is available now. Often they were only a single 20 minute segment and rarely were they live - normally they were shown a week later.

Unfortunately, however, it's impossible to please everyone all the time.

reidy_fan
31st March 2007, 17:46
yeah but it is worse than crap if you are a fan of the support races, in my case probably more than the BTCC and cannot be bothered with the football

nik
31st March 2007, 18:26
His quote still hasn't explained why the 25 minute highlights on ITV1 is so pi$$ poor.

nicemms
31st March 2007, 20:34
Looked at ITV1s schedule for tommorow. They haven't any live or major programmes on between 16:00 and 17:30 so I don't know why they can't put btcc on ITV1. Its just stupid.

Robinho
1st April 2007, 13:34
i'm gald that Motors have replaced the live from the track coverage with such quality as well. didn't they say the reason for not taking up the package again this year was as they were a Europe wide channel they wanted to diversify more, not just concentrate on the (highly popular and widely watched) BTCC and support packages.

so what have we got instead today

Some European Drag racing (quite a minority)
AMA superbikes and supersport, probably recorded.
V8 Utes (support to the V8 supercars series) recorded from several weeks ago.
Corr Pro series, which would be ok although the coverage is pi55 poor so its impossible to tell whats going on or what stage of which year they are showing due to the highky edited highlights nature.
American Le Mans series - a decent profile series, but again unlikely to be live so easy to fit in around something else.
the only other thing they seem to be showing is adverts for the not so great attractions they've got coming up this year - methinks their viewing figures will plunge, certainly in the UK and likely elsewhere if thats the best they can come up with.

KateB
1st April 2007, 14:10
yeah but it is worse than crap if you are a fan of the support races, in my case probably more than the BTCC and cannot be bothered with the football
My thoughts exactly, as I'm not prepared to pay the additional subscription fees to get Setanta. The 90min BTCC highlights on ITV is better than nothing, but it's the support races I'll really miss. Has anybody figured out exactly when we'll be able to see highlights on Men&Motors, as their website appears to have no search facility for tv listings?

BeansBeansBeans
1st April 2007, 15:54
didn't they say the reason for not taking up the package again this year was as they were a Europe wide channel they wanted to diversify more, not just concentrate on the (highly popular and widely watched) BTCC and support packages.

I think that's just corporate-speak.

The fact is that they could no longer justify the cost of covering the TOCA package, given the relatively small viewing figures achieved (only 8% of ITV's BTCC viewing figures).

It's a real shame, but that's business.

KILOHMUNNS
1st April 2007, 19:46
Aaaaahhhhhh!! I hate NTL!!

I tried to watch the ITV3 today and NTL have let me down again! my card has packed up and I couldn't get any channels. I could have watched bad Tom Hanks film on ITV1 though!!!!!!

Thanks NTL and Thanks ITV for moving it to ITV3 while showing utter rubbish on ITV1. I'm sure the viewing figures were a lot lower on both channels than they could've been if they had got itt right.

sorry for the rant but I'm well hacked off.

speedy king
1st April 2007, 20:19
How was the ITV3 coverage anyone that saw it?

BeansBeansBeans
1st April 2007, 20:30
How was the ITV3 coverage anyone that saw it?

I thought they handled it very well. The live coverage at the end was a bit shaky, as live broadcasts tend to be, but overall they did a good job.

speedy king
1st April 2007, 20:42
Opening titles, music and general graphics any different?

Pete Williams
1st April 2007, 20:54
I thought the ITV3 coverage was very good. Ted Kravitz and Louise Goodman were a lot more professional than VBH. The coverage had much more of an F1 feel to it. My only criticism of the coverge today was the restart of the last race being missed due to a commercial break.

wedge
1st April 2007, 21:00
New on screen graphics :up:

Louise Goodman :up:

Whoever promoted Lenny Kravitz as presenter, wearing a suit and clown shoes should be shot, as well the editors, the race highlights were pathetic.

inimitablestoo
1st April 2007, 21:26
Generally a good show, the title music is instantly forgettable but nevertheless the best they've had, missing the restart was a problem but then the ITV digital channels' ad breaks do seem longer than ITV1 (or is it just me?). Perhaps it should go out on ITV Play :)

One point: well done to the ITV crew for actually giving us a full rundown of the entries in their "runners and riders" bit at the start. So many series' pre-season coverage begins with a look at three or four of the front-running teams and a mention of one or two of the others, rather than a full rundown.

Allyc85
1st April 2007, 21:31
whens the itv1 highlights, i cant see anything in my TV guide? :(

tintin
1st April 2007, 21:42
Midnight fifty - 1.20 tonight.

Pedalpusher
1st April 2007, 21:46
Midnight fifty - 1.20 tonight.

Ta :) I need to watch this as I'd set my video but someone decided to turn my Sky box off this afternoon before the coverage had started on ITV3 :(

Allyc85
1st April 2007, 21:48
ah there it is, cheers :)

ADnet
1st April 2007, 21:54
The show was good, i found the highlights good as they had replays of incidents in them too, the new titles and music seem much better than the illuminous first attempt from ITV back in 2002, and the live coverage was good. the only problem was that ad break that went on a little too long and cut off the restart! Other than that, good stuff!!

thompp
1st April 2007, 22:37
What has happened to the commentary team Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey?

they're very much still there!!

thompp
1st April 2007, 22:47
My thoughts exactly, as I'm not prepared to pay the additional subscription fees to get Setanta. The 90min BTCC highlights on ITV is better than nothing, but it's the support races I'll really miss. Has anybody figured out exactly when we'll be able to see highlights on Men&Motors, as their website appears to have no search facility for tv listings?

Dont know about M&M, but hopefully the supports will be highlighted in "UK Motorsport".

cos
1st April 2007, 22:52
Dont know about M&M, but hopefully the supports will be highlighted in "UK Motorsport".

Yes, the support race highlights will be on Motorsport UK on ITV1, starting sometime in mid-May.

nik
1st April 2007, 23:49
I thought the coverage was quite good, just a shame I can't relive it. (my attemp to record it faded cos the digital channels weren't being picked up)

Although Ted Kravitz was stuttering his words towards the end.

MBailey06
2nd April 2007, 08:25
The only dissappointment was missing the restart in race 3. I was actually there and Adam Jones attacked Matt Neal into Paddock on the restart and Giovanardi squeezed past later on the lap as Jones held himself up attacking Neal. Thats my only whinge about the coverage as I would have liked to have seen that. Apart from that it was very good.

MAX_THRUST
2nd April 2007, 08:56
The ITV package was ok, The Loss of Motors Tv doing the whole day is tragic!!!! I'm not paying £15.00 to watch it on Setanta of what ever it is, I hate bloody football will always hate bloody football, It s why I don't have SKY sports. I think the move away from Motors TV is dull, not very well thought out, the highlighted races on ITV were eraticly done. IT seems all my favourite motorsports are getting shafted this year. If I had fifteen pounds to spare I'd buy some more food, I can't afford to waste money on satelite TV packages, I prefer to able to eat once in a while. Not every one earns a good wage..... I'm not gonna see any decent coverage of Formula BMW, the CLio cup, Seat Cupra cup etc. How is this any better for the sponsors????

Sorry the BTTC put on a great show, the racing was great, best in years, shame we don't get to see it.

This stinks, GREED GREED GREED!!!!

BDunnell
2nd April 2007, 09:26
It was a pity that the ad break meant that they missed the restart. I don't recall this happening very often in previous live meetings.

Other than that, it was pretty good. Louise Goodman will never be my favourite sports presenter, but at least she is properly professional, unlike VB-H. Plus, the fact that both her and Ted Kravitz have been drafted in from the F1 coverage adds a bit of kudos to their presence.

52Paddy
2nd April 2007, 10:29
I'm not very pleased with the highlights of the race. Didn't like the way each lap was put flash in front of you for race 2. Great race though. I have Setanta here in Ireland so is it possible for me to see BTCC races? I didn't see it in the schedule on their website yesterday.

tintin
2nd April 2007, 10:46
I'm not very pleased with the highlights of the race. Didn't like the way each lap was put flash in front of you for race 2. Great race though. I have Setanta here in Ireland so is it possible for me to see BTCC races? I didn't see it in the schedule on their website yesterday.

It depends if you have the full Setanta package, or just Setanta Sports 1.
The live coverage was on Setanta Sports 2, but there were highlights on Setanta Sports 1 later in the evening.

52Paddy
2nd April 2007, 10:50
No, I don't have the full package. Just Setanta Sports 1. I didn't see anything to do with BTCC in the schedule yesterday. Anyway, hopefully I can catch highlights to the next race on Setanta and it won't be on as late ITV's coverage.

Steelrat
2nd April 2007, 13:23
The ITV package was ok, The Loss of Motors Tv doing the whole day is tragic!!!! <SNIP>

Sorry the BTTC put on a great show, the racing was great, best in years, shame we don't get to see it.

This stinks, GREED GREED GREED!!!!

I don't think greed is the case. To quote Alan Gow

"Perhaps they couldn't afford to keep doing it, but it was certainly not because of any fees or charges from us.....we didn't charge them and simply let them broadcast it without having to pay one penny for any rights-fees or etc."

It worries me more that Mr. Gow can't seem to *give* away broadcasting rights ....

http://www.btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4188

P

BDunnell
2nd April 2007, 13:30
I don't think greed is the case. To quote Alan Gow

"Perhaps they couldn't afford to keep doing it, but it was certainly not because of any fees or charges from us.....we didn't charge them and simply let them broadcast it without having to pay one penny for any rights-fees or etc."

It worries me more that Mr. Gow can't seem to *give* away broadcasting rights ....

http://www.btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4188

P

It's especially odd given the high quality of this year's championship.

nik
2nd April 2007, 14:54
I was a little dissapointed they showed about 30 seconds of race 2 in the highlights show, as that was the best of the day!

But you did get to see the restart of race 3. :) Although 23 minutes of coverage is not enough for 3 races, interviews etc. I would have gladly traded that Jackson interview after race 1, for better race 2 coverage.
But I suppose ITV have to make room for Gutterball, so it can make them money.

ADnet
2nd April 2007, 16:23
The highlights show, really was highlighted highlights... and just so you know... "LAP 2" lol i know we may be tired, and it may be good to point out which lap they're on, but a whole screen graphic?

Sarah
2nd April 2007, 17:00
I've not got digital so I'm stuck with the ITV1 highlights show which was shown at a ridiculous time. My dad was looking for it in the TV guide and couldn't believe what time it was on. The show was OK no real complaints but race 2 was a bit strange.

Allyc85
2nd April 2007, 17:08
I thought the ITV1 coverage was rubbish tbh. Race 2s highlights were a joke, I really cant see why they cant just have the 90 minute coverage at that time of night, especially when they dont have to show F1 highlights as well.

Sort it out ITV!!

inimitablestoo
2nd April 2007, 17:38
But I suppose ITV have to make room for Gutterball, so it can make them money.Perhaps the solution is for the touring car coverage to include some kind of premium rate phone-in competition, which would also eliminate the ad break problem. Such as:

Who most deserved to be excluded from the opening rounds at Brands Hatch? Was it:

a) Mat Jackson, whose BMW produced some smoke for a while but was clearly running ok by the end?

b) Darren Turner, for the kind of incident that goes unpunished on nearly every other race weekend?

or c) nobody; that was one of the cleanest touring car weekends I've seen for some time, especially considering it was the season opener and there were plenty of newcomers on the grid?

And as is traditional with these phone-ins, the answer the stewards actually arrive at seems to be somewhat at odds with conventional wisdom... ;)

Pedalpusher
2nd April 2007, 20:39
Having just watched the 30min programme (highlights of the highlights) from yesterday, I did think the on screen graphics were a lot clearer. I seem to remember that over the last couple of years whenever they brought up the positions during a race and the final results, it always seemed quite difficult to read. Either that or I need my eyes testing!

It is a shame that they can't repeat the 90 minute program sometime during the week, even if it's the early hours of the morning and we have to record it.

Iain
2nd April 2007, 21:58
I can't believe I stayed up to watch that 25 mins programme last night/this morning. It was all so rushed.

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd April 2007, 22:44
They never show enough of the battles further down the field. I didn't see any footage of the motorbase cars, Alfa's, stockton or bell :(

thompp
3rd April 2007, 08:55
It is a shame that they can't repeat the 90 minute program sometime during the week, even if it's the early hours of the morning and we have to record it.

I whole heartedly agree - I cant see why they wouldnt want to do that.

AndyRAC
3rd April 2007, 22:58
ITV would argue that they get more viewers watching repeats than a live 'minority' sport. Look at the WRC, shifted to ITV4 because of lack of viewers. I say be grateful for what coverage we can get, better than no coverage at all. Though I thought ITV was short of money, yet they can afford to pay for football coverage, which was an extortionate amount of money.

BDunnell
4th April 2007, 09:37
ITV would argue that they get more viewers watching repeats than a live 'minority' sport. Look at the WRC, shifted to ITV4 because of lack of viewers. I say be grateful for what coverage we can get, better than no coverage at all. Though I thought ITV was short of money, yet they can afford to pay for football coverage, which was an extortionate amount of money.

Football coverage is seen as prestigious in publicity terms and is a huge source of lucrative advertising revenue. Never mind the fact that, in overall terms, the small viewing figures for most games do not justify the outlay...

Stu_H
4th April 2007, 10:57
This might not prove popular but I would like to say well done to Setanta for their race day coverage which I thought was superb right through the day.

As a subscriber, purely for the NASCAR and NASCAR Busch Series, the coverage was a lot better quality than what Motors TV offered as they have a higher bandwidth channel so the picture and sound quality is way clearer than it ever was on Motors.

Fair enough, a lot of people don't want to subscribe to it but I was thoroughly impressed with the whole day....plus we don't get any adverts in race (Motors was the same) so we saw the restart in the 3rd TOCA race. I realised ITV viewers had missed it when Ben Edwards cut from commentary after a lap of the restart to say "Welcome backs to Brands Hatch...."

Oh, and if the man in the crowd whose portable BBQ became a raging inferno nearly catching his chairs and tent.....thanks mate. I havn't laughed so much for ages as the cameras stayed on you trying to stamp it out. Quality!!

inimitablestoo
4th April 2007, 19:53
Here's some interesting programmes on Bank Holiday Monday. It's the opening rounds of the British Superbike Championship this weekend and, like the BTCC, you won't be able to watch anything live if you haven't got a Freeview box - it's an early (4pm) start on ITV4 for two hours of coverage. Like the BTCC, if you've only got access to ITV1 you'll have to wait until the night to watch the highlights. Unlike the BTCC, these start at 10:45 and are on for a full 90 minutes...

Robinho
4th April 2007, 19:59
Oh, and if the man in the crowd whose portable BBQ became a raging inferno nearly catching his chairs and tent.....thanks mate. I havn't laughed so much for ages as the cameras stayed on you trying to stamp it out. Quality!!

that had to be Larry or Scooby, that happens at most of the events i've been too where either of those are alloweed to be in charge of fire!

Iain
23rd April 2007, 22:45
I've now seen all 3 varieties of the BTCC coverage from Rockingham. Was fortunate to be able to see some of the Setanta coverage at the track yesterday while the races were on and it was very slick, so much better than Motors TV's version. Plenty of interviews with not just the podium drivers. I don't know who the presenter was, but he was very witty, especially when he said to Fiona Leggate (at the back of the grid for race 3), something along the lines of "be careful, you can catch all sorts back here". :rotflmao:

The 1.25am show on ITV1 was very poor again. Just so rushed and didn't explain very much. Now finished watching the recording of the ITV3 show and it was quite good. A few mistakes from Lenny Kravitz at times, but it was well put together and plenty of interviews. :up:

tintin
23rd April 2007, 23:03
There's a fourth version too: Setanta highlights show tomorrow night at 6pm.

speedy king
23rd April 2007, 23:27
Hands together for the ITV3 version, very well put together :up:

Pedalpusher
23rd April 2007, 23:31
After originally deciding I wasn't going to pay for the Setanta channels, I changed my mind. I cancelled a few other things I was paying for and used what I'd saved to subscribe.

I have to agree with Iain that the raceday coverage was very good and presented very well too. There aren't going to be too many rounds that I can get to this year, so now I won't be missing out :D .

BDunnell
23rd April 2007, 23:53
Now finished watching the recording of the ITV3 show and it was quite good. A few mistakes from Lenny Kravitz at times, but it was well put together and plenty of interviews. :up:

Yes, I didn't think it was bad, though Louise Goodman (albeit far better than Vicki B-H) and Ted Kravitz for that matter will never be truly top-notch sports presenters, a la Steve Rider.

BeansBeansBeans
23rd April 2007, 23:58
It was awkward when Ted interviewed Nigel Pinkney and wasn't sure quite what you say to a driver whose grid-girls are also his daughters. "Erm...well, they erm...yeah they look nice. Ok bye."

BDunnell
24th April 2007, 00:00
It was awkward when Ted interviewed Nigel Pinkney and wasn't sure quite what you say to a driver whose grid-girls are also his daughters. "Erm...well, they erm...yeah they look nice. Ok bye."

It would have been even more awkward if he'd called him Nigel.

BeansBeansBeans
24th April 2007, 00:02
It would have been even more awkward if he'd called him Nigel.

Erm...yeah, good point! (long day)

BDunnell
24th April 2007, 00:03
Erm...yeah, good point! (long day)

Never mind. It's nearly a new one.

EDIT — It is a new one, according to the board's clock!

Iain
24th April 2007, 01:05
You're not alone in getting names muddled up BBB - Ted Kravitz went to interview John George and asked his driver coach Phil Bennett (who he referred to as Phil Spencer) to move out of the way so he could talk to him.

Ian McC
24th April 2007, 20:11
A few mistakes from Lenny Kravitz at times

Maybe he should stick to singing then ;)

Funks
25th April 2007, 19:47
Ted didn't check his shirt collar before recording the intro piece either did he? Maybe he is too used to wearing race suits for his pit lane reporting.

BDunnell
25th April 2007, 21:04
Ted didn't check his shirt collar before recording the intro piece either did he? Maybe he is too used to wearing race suits for his pit lane reporting.

I noticed that, but deemed it too picky to raise. I'm glad you did, though! It's standards, dear boy, standards. Would Steve Rider ever appear in such a state?

Funks
25th April 2007, 21:32
Not Teds fault though. One of the crew with him should have noticed. Well, one of them and the editor. I'd have made them re-shoot it.
;)

NoahsGirl
25th April 2007, 21:50
As only having to be able to see the highlights "package" on ITV at on the Monday (I tape the programme - it's past my bedtime!) all I can think is roll on the 2007 Review DVD at the end of the year so I can see what I've missed. I feel like I'm not in the gang because I can't see everything :(

Steelrat
25th April 2007, 23:21
As only having to be able to see the highlights "package" on ITV at on the Monday (I tape the programme - it's past my bedtime!) all I can think is roll on the 2007 Review DVD at the end of the year so I can see what I've missed. I feel like I'm not in the gang because I can't see everything :(

Don't know if this will make you feel better

Alan Gow:

The first 5 events are live on ITV3 (Freeview), plus highlights on ITV1 as you mentioned, and the last 5 are live on ITV1.

P

BDunnell
25th April 2007, 23:27
Not Teds fault though. One of the crew with him should have noticed. Well, one of them and the editor. I'd have made them re-shoot it.
;)

With Rider, you wouldn't have needed to. Or Rosenthal. And they would have tucked their shirts in. Though looking at myself, yes, I am a hypocrite.

thompp
26th April 2007, 09:06

I expect the review DVD will be the ITV1 highlights.

Alfa Fan
26th April 2007, 11:37
It won't be. Each ITV1 broadcast shows roughly 18 minutes of racing & interviews.

18x10 = 180 minutes

The review DVD will be 240 minutes like last year as far as I'm aware. I expect the DVD to be prepared from the output thats on Setanta Sports. (It won't have the Setanta logos, branding, etc)

BDunnell
7th May 2007, 11:55
So, why wasn't Tim Harvey on the commentary team yesterday?

speedy king
7th May 2007, 12:03
Actually thought it was a better commentary line up...

tintin
7th May 2007, 15:34
So, why wasn't Tim Harvey on the commentary team yesterday?

Tim has laryngitis.

BeansBeansBeans
7th May 2007, 15:43
Oli Wilkinson did a cracking job yesterday. He seems a total natural with a mic in his hand.

Les
7th May 2007, 16:24
Oli???? Simon Hill did the touring car commentary

tintin
7th May 2007, 16:27
Oli replaced Simon on some of the support races.

Pedalpusher
7th May 2007, 18:58
Oli Wilkinson did a cracking job yesterday. He seems a total natural with a mic in his hand.

I've heard Oil do it a few times before on the support races, and as you say he seems a natural at it.

NoahsGirl
7th May 2007, 20:38
I was quite impressed with Simon Hill - the Martin Brundle-esque commentator Tim tries hard to be.

Allyc85
7th May 2007, 21:56
Does anyone have the Thruxton highlights or all of the races that they could lend me as my video player didnt record :(

PM me if you do :)

tintin
7th May 2007, 22:03
The highlights are on again on Friday at 7.30pm on Men and Motors.

...or you can watch the Setanta highlights on Tuesday at 6pm.

BTCC2
7th May 2007, 22:12
Well if he was going to record the highlights on ITV1 I'm presuming that he hasn't got digital.

Although looking at his post I misread it so forget what I just said.

Allyc85
8th May 2007, 16:29
I set the video and it didnt record it, it is 12 years old so its had a good innings lol And nope, I cant get free view until the switch over as they are too tight in the southwest!!

nik
8th May 2007, 17:54
I cant get free view until the switch over as they are too tight in the southwest!!

What do you mean?

I live in the southwest and have freeview.

Allyc85
8th May 2007, 18:08
meant to say far east devon. My boss has it n he lives 15 miles away and the annoying thing is theres a TV mast at the top of the village n they wont upgrade it!

cos
9th May 2007, 00:17
Once ITV's website is relaunched the BTCC coverage will hopefully be available to watch on demand online. No more faffing with VCRs!

Allyc85
9th May 2007, 15:51
lol my download limit will soon be gone then!