PDA

View Full Version : First Look Video - Chevrolet V8 Supercars Middle-East

MaxxUK
5th December 2010, 15:43
The 2010/2011 Season for the Chevrolet Supercars kicked off at the Sakhir Circuit in Bahrain this weekend and here is a sneak first look at the cars.

The cars have been further developed from last year, now the SC09 cars run LSX engines with 500+ bhp and have improved suspension and braking systems.

I am working with a number of drivers in the series as Driver Coach and Consultant of which part of this is capturing onboard video and data which I will be posting over the next few days on the same Youtube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Fq9ClScEE

Maxx

AndySpeed
5th December 2010, 23:58
Based on the Holden Commodore?

AJP
6th December 2010, 02:38
Yes, these are based on the Holden Commodore.
Looks like the current VE and earlier models like the VY-VZ.

Rollo
6th December 2010, 05:27
Chevrolet CR8/Lumina, Vauxhall VXR8, HSV R8 Clubsport.

The car has also appeared in the Italian Superstars Series. Johnny Herbert piloted one I think.

RJL25
6th December 2010, 10:08
The catagory is essentially a one make series, all the cars are the same. The original batch of cars where designed and built by HSV in Australia and then shipped over to Bahrain, not sure about the current cars though, they are still obviously HSV's but whether they are modified for racing in Bahrain now or not.

The original cars where VZ models but they have obviously now moved onto the VE model.

Rollo
6th December 2010, 10:53
The current cars are the 6.0L L98 Gem IV, as opposed to the VZ 5.7L LS1 in the first batch of cars.

Alfa Fan
6th December 2010, 15:27
It's dull as ditchwater. Remember seeing some awful Motors coverage last year.