garyshell
29th November 2010, 16:56
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=44910#middle

Gary

Scotty G.
29th November 2010, 18:06
Some points here to ponder:

Why Carpenter?

-He's an American. That's what Dollar General wants.

-He's good at Indianapolis. That's most important to a small team like SFR.

-He likely brings at least one chassis with him and data/setup stuff with him. For a team like SFR, that struggled with BOTH of these things last year, that is huge. They ran most of last year, with a 7 year old chassis. They desperately need a newer piece, and I'd guess Eddie and Vision will supply that.

-He also likely brings Fuzzy's Vodka with him, as at least a associate sponsor.

What this will probably do, is free up SFR to add a quality 2nd car program for Indy (with the added equipment and sponsorship). And Sarah can now transition into a full-time owner/businesswomen and also a mother. And they are also involved with young Kyle O'Gara's racing career and will likely be moving him up the ladder as well.

GRW1983
29th November 2010, 18:36
I just hope that at some point in the future, we do see Sarah back in the car, even if it's only for the Indy 500. Remember, she's only 30 and still has plenty left in the tank.

Chris R
29th November 2010, 20:10
As Scotty alluded to, if Sarah want to be a mother, now is the time - I wouldn't imagine you'd want to be driving an Indycar while pregnant (not saying she is) - she is the right age to be considering starting a family and I doubt a sponsor would take too well to being told at the last minute that Sarah couldn't drive in a race because the test was positive....). So, I am guessing this move is as much about the potential of starting her own family as much as anything else... And that is a wonderful thing.... If that is not it and she has realized that she can advance her team better by being an owner/manager - that is also a good thing.... Either way, good for Sarah.....

anthonyvop
29th November 2010, 20:58
"Special Ed" (I kid because I love) is a good fit for Sarah's team. Home grown, Midwest, Indy centric.

Dr. Krogshöj
30th November 2010, 09:22
This a perfect pairing. I hope Ed will be able to repeat his recent Indy 500 form with Sarah's team next year. Is Vision part of this deal anyhow? It would be nice if they got some setups at least.

GRW1983
30th November 2010, 16:17
I just hope that at some point in the future, we do see Sarah back in the car, even if it's only for the Indy 500. Remember, she's only 30 and still has plenty left in the tank.
Well she says that she might have a crack at the 2011 Indy 500 in Ed's back-up car if he has already qualified the car safely. I suppose it depends on whether or not she's pregnant by that time. Personally, I would still like to see her in the car, even if she only did Indy.

Mark in Oshawa
30th November 2010, 20:04
It is a good thing to see Ed get a job on merit. I could say something nastier afterwards..but I am going to be good!

Seriously though, Ed is a decent oval driver and learning on the road courses. He brings a chassis and will add to Sarah's operation.

I am a HUGE Sarah Fisher fan for the way she has gone about her business. Kudo's to her for realizing she could make more happen for the team as a whole with Ed in the car...

Scotty G.
1st December 2010, 04:16
Well she says that she might have a crack at the 2011 Indy 500 in Ed's back-up car if he has already qualified the car safely. I suppose it depends on whether or not she's pregnant by that time. Personally, I would still like to see her in the car, even if she only did Indy.

I have a feeling she will be with child by May.

I think we will see a 2nd Fisher car entered at Indy. But I would seriously doubt she will be driving it, whether she is preggers or not.