PDA

View Full Version : DTM Finale 2010

UltimateDanGTR
28th November 2010, 08:38
Looks like it's all over juding from the DTM live ticker screen;

'Paffett gewinnt das Rennen vor Di Resta, Scheider, Tomczyk, Molina, Green, Winkelhock und Coulthard. Di Resta ist der neue Champion.'

You don't have to be a genious to work out that that translates as paffett wins the race from Di Resta etc etc etc, and Di resta is the champion. (confirmed by the timing page). Red flag thrown for a crash between Rockenfeller and Stoddart btw....

link; http://dtm.livetiming.de/ticker.htm

So....congrats to Paul Di Resta-2010 DTM Champion!!! Lets hope he gets an F1 ride now :D

oh, and congrats David Coulthard, who by the looks of things has scored his first ever DTM point.

F1boat
28th November 2010, 09:27
Bruno choked. I really feel for him. However, I am happy for di Resta and his family - what a year, if I am not mistaken he is relative to the great Dario Franchitti, the Indy Car champion!

UltimateDanGTR
28th November 2010, 10:27
Bruno choked. I really feel for him. However, I am happy for di Resta and his family - what a year, if I am not mistaken he is relative to the great Dario Franchitti, the Indy Car champion!

Yeah I feel sorry for Spengler too-to be fair, he was only one of many wh crashed throughout the weekend on the tight shanghai streets, So I cant blame him too much. Di Resta and Paffet just avoided trouble and reeped the rewards :)

And I'm guessing it's not been a bad year for the Franchitti/Di resta family either............

AndySpeed
28th November 2010, 10:37
Having seen the footage I'm amazed that a red flag was thrown for that. Talk about nervous officials!

Surely a double waved yellow would have sufficed, since that means that drivers should be prepared to stop, thus allowing time for the blockage to sort itself out.

ShiftingGears
28th November 2010, 12:20
Congratulations to Di Resta - hopefully he gets an F1 ride now. Definitely deserves a shot.

VkmSpouge
28th November 2010, 19:10
Congratulations to Paul di Resta for winning the DTM. Hopefully he'll be too busy in F1 to defend his championship next season ;)

Allyc85
28th November 2010, 19:30
Yep well done to Paul.

I dont watch the DTM as I find the racing boring but its great to see another Brit winning on foreign soil!