bt52b
27th November 2010, 12:05
Saturday live at about 17.45.GMT / 18.45 CET

Sunday 11:45 GMT Sunday.

Commentary by John Hindhaugh with Martin Haven and Neil Cole

http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Mixa
27th November 2010, 15:11
Does anyone know the draw of the nations cup?? I cannot seem to find what countries are against each other. In the end will start in a few hours...

The draw for Race of Champions for tomorrow can be seen from the video. These are the groups for the invidual competition.

gr.A: Kovalainen,Loeb,Bleekemolen,Baguette
gr.B: Kristensen,Priaulx,Doohan,Pastrana
gr.C: Vettel,Edwards,Albaquerque,Foust
gr.D: Schumacher,Prost,Plato,Parente .

The track looks to be okey,even when it looks somehow even smaller than before. Atleast them has got it a bit more wide and by this has got some more interesting and powerful cars into line up. Such a shame that there wonīt be a rally car... so in that term RoC has lost even more of its original idea.

hmmm, wonder what will be the first car to have a crash this year at the actual comp. Somehow think that it will be an Audi R8 LMS(unfortunately) or an FJ Racecar..

Mixa
27th November 2010, 21:02
Quite a good Nations Cup and Germany beaten GB at the final 2-1 . Still even when I like about the RoC and keep Germany as a good winner I donīt know what should I say. Its entairtaiment yes and the circuit isnīt really that big but when Germany drives the KTM X-Bow and RoC buggy almost at every heat,it doesnīt leave a good taste. Even the tie brake was with RoC buggy what Schumacher can really drive. Same last year, didnīt saw him driving too much with the other cars. Donīt get me wrong been a fan of Schumi. Okey also as its at Germany, its acceptable to win at home.

Hoped a good result for Team Nordic but as Kristensen was bad,them were dropped. Then hoped France to succeed,because of Loeb but them made a wrong decision against GB at the semis. Loeb would have had a change against Plato with Scirocco.

Canīt wait to see champion of champions event at tomorrow. Also Moutonīs roll with the S1 was a really sad sight,even when a bit funny.

Josti
27th November 2010, 23:12
I think this event has totally lost it's appeal to (most) rallyfans.

Rallycars aren't even included this year. Damn...

rallyfiend
28th November 2010, 01:19

I think you're a bit kind to say it's only rallyfans to whom this event has lost a lot of appeal...

ridder
28th November 2010, 08:58
Why isn't Ekstrøm there? You know the quy who won 3 of last 4 years?

:mad:

Wim_Impreza
28th November 2010, 10:14

Since it isn't anymore on Gran Canaria with nice gravel, I don't follow this event.

Do you saw the prices? Incredible.

Ondra WRC
28th November 2010, 10:23
Michéle Mouton roll with Audi Sport Quattro S1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhBqdiGCipE&feature=player_embedded

Rallyper
28th November 2010, 10:27
Why isn't Ekstrøm there? You know the quy who won 3 of last 4 years?

:mad:

DTM in China this weekend.

bt52b
28th November 2010, 11:11

Only rally driver is Loeb!

Pinto
28th November 2010, 20:48
this started out as an end of year bash for rallying but the corperate thing has taken over and pushed rallying out but there trucking around half empty staduims around the world.
if its a race of champions of all motorsport forms should the format be ammended to a single seater,tin top and a rallycar and thats your spectrum of motorsport covered.or do they see rallying now as poor relation.

Mixa
28th November 2010, 21:58
Yeah,wondered why there wasnīt any WRC cars but maybe neither Ford or Citroen wasnīt ready to send any cars for there with their mechanics. Also most likely the old spec WRC cars will be sold to customers and car collectors who could still use them and as RoC is always the place where a few will end to workshop after the event and even during it. Maybe an S2000 could be an option but a few years ago, many hated the Punto S2000 as underpowered for twisty circuit.

Most of the cars were from Germany anyway and I think them got an okey happening. I was thinking to go but then again,after I watched the ticket prices I saw that them hasnīt learned too much in a couple of years how to get more fans into the stadium.

Doug Woods
28th November 2010, 22:01
Only rally driver is Loeb!

Only European rally driver.

janvanvurpa
28th November 2010, 22:38
Yeah,wondered why there wasnīt any WRC cars but maybe neither Ford or Citroen wasnīt ready to send any cars for there with their mechanics. Also most likely the old spec WRC cars will be sold to customers and car collectors who could still use them and as RoC is always the place where a few will end to workshop after the event and even during it. Maybe an S2000 could be an option but a few years ago, many hated the Punto S2000 as underpowered for twisty circuit.

Most of the cars were from Germany anyway and I think them got an okey happening. I was thinking to go but then again,after I watched the ticket prices I saw that them hasnīt learned too much in a couple of years how to get more fans into the stadium.

Are there any RESULTS, or is that not so important?

kakus
28th November 2010, 22:57
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88520

michpetter
5th December 2010, 16:01
anyone know where can I download this years race of champions?