PDA

View Full Version : Richard Burns

MrMetro
26th November 2010, 18:56
Yesterday, it was five years since the sad passing of Englands first ever World Rally Champion.

R.I.P Richard, you will never be forgotten.

urabus-denoS2000
26th November 2010, 19:30
R.I.P. Richard Burns ... I remember of you every time I play your legendary game

GallardoGT
26th November 2010, 19:41
Just before I saw this topic a saw this onboard of Richard from Germany 2003, uploaded one week ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWvjWsArXg

What a guy he was.

MrMetro
26th November 2010, 20:30
cool onboard footage.

Allyc85
26th November 2010, 20:57
RIP Richard :(

julkki
26th November 2010, 21:58
So smooth..as always with Richard :)

But also the car! 206 is probably my favorite WRC-car, especially with 2003 look. Gronholm, Panizzi and Burns as drivers...pure class.

OldF
26th November 2010, 22:10
I remember Richard as a team member with Tommi Mäkinen with Mitsubishi. Looking at his achievements during the first years I thought that he’d never be close to top. But what happened, one year he was world championship. I think this is a good lesson not to condemn a driver by the first achievements.

Rallyper
27th November 2010, 01:15
I remember Richard in Rally GB about 1997 2998 when he smashed CMR on a foggy stage with a couple of minutes. What a driver he was. Driving exactly after his pacenotes.

Absolutely brilliant driver and person! :(

N.O.T
27th November 2010, 01:49
very solid driver...the only driver who could challenge the fins on their home turf... was a great fan of his and along with Kankkunen was one of the reasons i got passionate about rallying.

rage82
27th November 2010, 08:03
He was one of my favorite drivers, all the time smiling with great attitude.
R.I.P Richard Burns.

Nenukknak
5th December 2010, 21:37
A bit late, but I hardly post here anymore. Hard to believe it's been five years. I was just thinking yesterday how I'm totally not interested in WRC anymore, even though I was such a huge fan till only a couple of years ago. I think fondly back to the late group A days and early WRC days. All those great drivers and the great competition.
Richard was one of those great competitors, a great driver and great person. Sad that it had to end that way, glad I followed WRC when he was in it.

Rallyper
6th December 2010, 00:54
yeah, I had personal memories meeting him and Robert (and lovely Clare C) in Norf a couple of times. He was just charming and took his time to talk even though he was very occupied at the time the day before start.

One of the icons back in time when WRC was world class....