PDA

View Full Version : Penske Racing 2011

anthonyvop
22nd November 2010, 23:55
Confirmed: Helio, Ryan and Will will be back for 2011

Enjun Pullr
23rd November 2010, 00:02
Penske said that hisself, the day Chevy was announced.

Dr. Krogshöj
23rd November 2010, 08:23
Confirmed by whom? I see no sign of a press release on the Penske website, indycar.com or autosport.com. It was indicated at the Chevy announcement but it's not an official confirmation.

anthonyvop
23rd November 2010, 13:06
Confirmed by whom? I see no sign of a press release on the Penske website, indycar.com or autosport.com. It was indicated at the Chevy announcement but it's not an official confirmation.

A extremely reliable source.

garyshell
23rd November 2010, 16:17
A extremely reliable source.

Now if only we had one.

Gary

anthonyvop
23rd November 2010, 18:15
Now if only we had one.

Gary

Don't trust me or don't trust my source?

Enjun Pullr
23rd November 2010, 20:15
The interview with Roger Penske was posted on indycarbuzz.com web aggregator. It appeared after the Chevy announcement, which is where it was conducted. Penske confirmed that Briscoe would be in the third car for 2011.

You can blame me that I haven't found it on Youtube. You can also blame me that IndyCar.com is down right now, so I can't search for it there.

Or you can carry on with your little circle jerk, just as you were before I showed up.

Enjun Pullr
23rd November 2010, 20:36
Curt Cavin either conducted the interview, or saw the same video:

"Penske said his team will return with the same three drivers: Helio Castroneves, Will Power and Ryan Briscoe."

From the Nov. 13 article linked below, bottom of page 2:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101113/SPORTS0107/11130342/GM-returns-to-IndyCar-another-manufacturer-might-follow

Enjun Pullr
23rd November 2010, 21:38
Cavin did in fact participate in the interview, you can listen to Penske's quote on the podcast from the Nov. 18, 2010 "Trackside" broadcast.

Biriscoe is confirmed by Penske with the podcast countdown clock at 71:54 remaining.

http://www.1070thefan.com/trackside/podcast.aspx

The entire podcast is worth listening to, since it provides many interviews as opposed to the normal Trackside/ Trackforum/ Motorsport forum b.s.

anthonyvop
23rd November 2010, 22:05
Or you can carry on with your little circle jerk, just as you were before I showed up.

Your maturity is refreshing.

Enjun Pullr
23rd November 2010, 22:57
Which includes my thanking you for providing contingency awards to rallycross. Funny how you failed to add a snappy retort to that post.

garyshell
24th November 2010, 02:47

My, my, my. The new boy certainly has a boat load of people skills, no?

Gary

SarahFan
24th November 2010, 03:11
Not like he didn't hit the nail on the head

anthonyvop
24th November 2010, 04:17
Which includes my thanking you for providing contingency awards to rallycross. Funny how you failed to add a snappy retort to that post.
Never saw it. If I had I would have thanked you.

Enjun Pullr
24th November 2010, 04:21
Post #130. It is sincere, and you're welcomed.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140274&page=7

anthonyvop
24th November 2010, 05:31
Post #130. It is sincere, and you're welcomed.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140274&page=7

Thanks. I appreciate it

BTW we also sponsor HSR and Josh Hurley in the Continental Tire Series. We are also a Co-op sponsor with another car in the Conti series as well as Peugeot in the ALMS/LMS and INDY CAR with Simona.

Enjun Pullr
24th November 2010, 05:52
That is awesome!

Does Racewatches.com have a method to quantify return on the investment? If so, can you give a rough idea of comparisons between the various series? Thanks.

EDIT: Killer website, by the way.

Dr. Krogshöj
24th November 2010, 07:58
Did Penske find new sponsorship or will Helio and Ryan continue with the "blank" sidepods? Or will Verizon expand its primary sponsorship? Mobil 1 would look good on the black and white cars, but I think they left Penske even in NASCAR, didn't they?

anthonyvop
24th November 2010, 17:39
That is awesome!

Does Racewatches.com have a method to quantify return on the investment? If so, can you give a rough idea of comparisons between the various series? Thanks.

EDIT: Killer website, by the way.

We quantify our ROI through Direct sales, website analytics and direct contact. For Rally America we sell some watches through their Rally America Store.
http://rallyamericastore.com/index.html
Through this and direct sales at the 1st Rally Cross event we have achieved a Return of 3 X the investment for both 2010 and 2011.
We are working on the same plan with HSR.

We are waiting for the report from B.R.M co-op with Peugeot and Simona. We have noticed that at events where we have a display people do know about the Peugeot and B.R.M connection.
The Simona Limited Edition Watch has not garnered much interest(At least few e-mail inquires and no phone calls which we log) Then again at an MSRP: of $6,999.00 I never expected to fly off the shelves.

One watch that does is the Luminiox Tony Kanaan Limited edition. Sold out the 1st version in 2 weeks and have numerous deposits on the Version 2 due next week.
The MSRP: of this one is $950.00 which speaks volumes about Tony's popularity and the Demo of the Indy Car fan. Luminox made 500 of the 1st version so there was 500 Indy Car fans willing to shell out close to a grand for a watch and more waiting to buy the next one.

I forgot about Alpina which is another brand we have a co-op relationship with and the 12 Hours of Sebring.

anthonyvop
24th November 2010, 17:45
Did Penske find new sponsorship or will Helio and Ryan continue with the "blank" sidepods? Or will Verizon expand its primary sponsorship? Mobil 1 would look good on the black and white cars, but I think they left Penske even in NASCAR, didn't they?

No major sponsorship announcement that I know of except that Shell is taking over from Mobil1 on all Penske cars.

Chev_350
25th November 2010, 02:45
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5207/5204732493_fa14125a99.jpg

interesting

garyshell
25th November 2010, 04:33
Now I wonder why I am excited that Shell is sponsoring Penske next year?

Gary

Will Rogers
25th November 2010, 14:23
A couple of years back I was running the sponsorship of a team in Champ Car, and it would never cease to amaze me what people would post on various boards as the truth. It was clear they had no idea what they were talking about, but as soon as you'd let them know their "information" was wrong, they'd get all aggressive and demand a link. "Link, please", they'd bleet, as if there was a link to something the team owner had just said in the meeting you were in.

anthonyvop
25th November 2010, 15:06
A couple of years back I was running the sponsorship of a team in Champ Car, and it would never cease to amaze me what people would post on various boards as the truth. It was clear they had no idea what they were talking about, but as soon as you'd let them know their "information" was wrong, they'd get all aggressive and demand a link. "Link, please", they'd bleet, as if there was a link to something the team owner had just said in the meeting you were in.

Soooooooooo True....But this time i have that link.

Dr. Krogshöj
25th November 2010, 20:40
Just to clarify, I didn't question anyone's sources or integrity, and I didn't demand any links. I merely think that the word "confirmed" means an official press release or press conference, not a post in a forum or a report in a media outlet, however respectable it is.