alleskids
17th November 2010, 15:51
Lets keep the drivers/teams line up in 1 thread

TOTAL - RED BULL CITROEN: Séb Loeb / Séb Ogier
CITROEN JUNIOR TEAM: Kimi Raikkonen ??

BP FORD ABU DHABI: Mikko Hirvonen / JM Latvala / Al Qassimi
MONSTER FORD: Block / Atkinson - Raikkonen
ADAPTA FORD: Ostberg
IPATEC FORD: Kuiper (10 rallies confirmed)
MUNCHI'S FORD: Villagra (?)

MINI PRODRIVE: Meeke / Sordo
MINI CUSTOMERS: (?)

stil waiting for:
Henning Solberg - Expert sponsoring ?)
Petter Solberg - retirement ?
PG Andersson ?

RJM
17th November 2010, 16:15
Is sordo going to mini then?

vkangas
17th November 2010, 16:29
You can add Ketomaa / FCACA to the list with question mark. Ketomaa has said that he has been offered a drive with FCACA. The car is not decided yet, but it's most probably S2000 or new WRC.

Ghostwalker
17th November 2010, 16:35
if i could decide i'd put Petter and PG in Citroen Junior ;)

morganmilan
17th November 2010, 16:36
Is thread only about wrc cars or does it include other classes at wr championship? If that, we should consider Hanninen with Skoda, etc

alleskids
17th November 2010, 16:39
S-WRC 2011

Juha Hanninen - Skoda Fabia- Red Bull Racing
? - Ford Fiesta - Adapta
Bernard Sousa - Ford Fiesta
Ott Tanak?
Martin Prokop - Ford Fiesta - Chech Ford National Team
Michal Kosciuszko - Ford Fiesta - Dynamic World Rally Team
Jari Ketoma - Ford Fiesta - FCACA

and I expect the return of Eyvind Brynildsen (Skoda), Patrick Sandell (Skoda), Nasser Al Attiyah (Ford)

pucky54
17th November 2010, 16:42
Petter & Block would also be a good team

rallyfiend
17th November 2010, 16:49
S-WRC 2011

Juha Hanninen - Ford Fiesta - Red Bull Racing

Surely his Skoda contract would oblige him to drive on of their cars....

alleskids
17th November 2010, 16:52
Surely his Skoda contract would oblige him to drive on of their cars....

oeps :) I have edited

pettersolberg29
17th November 2010, 18:12
Villagra is a definate isn't he? Munchis are 100% here in 2011 and I see no other driver likely to drive the Munchi car.

DIMI44
17th November 2010, 18:23
All above they have co-drivers,they can't drive one meter without their advices.

N.O.T
17th November 2010, 19:11
All above they have co-drivers,they can't drive one meter without their advices.

is that you Mr Grist ?

ZequeArgentina
17th November 2010, 19:24
Villagra said everything is Ok for 2011 with the Munchi´s Fiesta, still no contract signed, but no dramas.

J.Lindstroem
17th November 2010, 20:21

Wow, thank you for making this clear!

alleskids
17th November 2010, 21:47

ADAPTA FORD: Østberg
IPATEC FORD: Kuiper (10 rallies)
MUNCHI'S FORD: Villagra (10 rallies?)
FCACA FORD: Ketomaa

stil waiting for:
PG Andersson ?

PS All drivers mentioned above include their navigators, without their advies the drivers cannot drive 1 meter :)

17th November 2010, 21:51
For the 10 rallies guys, does that mean they drop Australia?

OldF
17th November 2010, 22:08

ADAPTA FORD: Østberg
IPATEC FORD: Kuiper (10 rallies)
MUNCHI'S FORD: Villagra (10 rallies?)
FCACA FORD: Ketomaa

stil waiting for:
PG Andersson ?

PS All drivers mentioned above include their navigators, without their advies the drivers cannot drive 1 meter :)

There’s still one Ford vacant if seven drivers are confirmed. Initially ten Fiesta WRC will be built and two of them are for testing purpose.

noel157
18th November 2010, 00:10
Didn't Papa Wilson say there were 12 cars being built and 12 sold?

Alpha
18th November 2010, 04:53
Petter Solberg - Retirement?!

With the slogan "never give up" that seems very unlikely. If the teambosses for the factory teams have their heads so far up their own asses that they don't hire the guy that (almost) single handedly ran his own WRC team and drove his (for most of the year only) car to third in the championship on a budget ten times smaller than the factory teams then I'm close to giving up on this sport all together. Don't care how the switch the drivers around but Petter should be starting WRC 2011 in a factory car. God knows his performance and achievements this year have made him earn it.

He might come back for 2011 with his own team though, some rumors suggest he might get the final DS3 from Citröen. He was interviewed driving / in a stock DS3 in Norwegian media as late as earlier this week. Another possibility is to take a break from WRC in 2011 and drive for the ORECA team in the LeMans prototype-series. But retire? No f%("ing way.

alleskids
18th November 2010, 08:25
IF he gets a Citroen DS3, it will be all handled by Citroen Sport, and Petter has to bring some millions of sponsor money. But he is tired of hunting CEO for their companies money. The PWRT might continue in 2011 with an other driver bringing the budget. Maybe the role of teammanger suits Petter. It wil be very hard for him to find a drive in WRC for himself. So I am affraid we will do without Mister Hollywood in 2011

jonas_mcrae
18th November 2010, 14:12
There’s still one Ford vacant if seven drivers are confirmed. Initially ten Fiesta WRC will be built and two of them are for testing purpose.

Must be Wilson Im afraid...
Lets face it, he is the most experienced driver ford has with the fiesta...

Brother John
19th November 2010, 08:31
Already 5 years you all say that Matt Wilson is not worth to take place in a WRC car.
C´on boys, don't you understand that M.W is used as a test driver on every rally?
THE FIA had decided that a limited number of days is allowd for each team to test the car, for this reason Malcolm Wilson do not make themselves busy concerning the speed of his son during the rallies, he found a way to be able to test the car at least 30 days each year and even on the stages from WRC rallies. :s mokin:

GigiGalliNo1
19th November 2010, 10:52
Already 5 years you all say that Matt Wilson is not worth to take place in a WRC car.
C´on boys, don't you understand that M.W is used as a test driver on every rally?
THE FIA had decided that a limited number of days is allowd for each team to test the car, for this reason Malcolm Wilson do not make themselves busy concerning the speed of his son during the rallies, he found a way to be able to test the car at least 30 days each year and even on the stages from WRC rallies. :s mokin:

smart!

N.O.T
19th November 2010, 11:38

and still citoren manages to be a step ahead...incopetence at its highest level....

Mise
19th November 2010, 16:04
and still citoren manages to be a step ahead...incopetence at its highest level....

Thats cos they had Sordo, Ogier and Solberg doing the same. :D

Barreis
19th November 2010, 16:20
:D

Rallyper
19th November 2010, 16:56
:D

General Prim
19th November 2010, 17:11
Jari Ketomaa has plans to do 5-6 rallyes with Citroën JT

morganmilan
19th November 2010, 17:12
Has he plans only or is there a contract? What´s the source? :confused:

ProRally
19th November 2010, 17:31

Or Fiesta WRC or Mini WRC ..... or Fiesta S2000 or something else...

1 thing is for sure he will drive in 2011 :D :D

Tomi
19th November 2010, 18:14
Or Fiesta WRC or Mini WRC ..... or Fiesta S2000 or something else...

1 thing is for sure he will drive in 2011 :D :D

I heard from somewhere that he had said no thanks to the mini seat, I hope he sticks with the Chineese, better option in the long run.

Xsara Fan
19th November 2010, 18:18

Citroen has at least 2 'free' cars - Sordo`s and Novikov`s

AP-Racing
19th November 2010, 21:19
+ 2 Fiesta's WRC for Tsjoen and Al-Attiyah

http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_FR_5580_Quid_des_WRC_16_Turbo_hors_championna t_du_Monde_.html

alleskids
19th November 2010, 21:45
Meanwhile, Nasser Al-Attiyah, the recent winner of the Rally of Cyprus, announced that he would dispute the championship of the Middle East (Regional Championship) with a 1.6 Turbo WRC, Ford Fiesta and Mini Countryman. More recently, Steven Vergalle and Pieter Tsjoen have already requested - and received - to M-Sport to have a Ford Fiesta RS WRC for Ypres. But by then, much water has flowed under the bridges and the truth of today will perhaps not tomorrow's ... (SH ML)

I had the impression that the new WRCars were only pemritted in the WRC, not for the regional series (like the Midle East Rally Championship), especially because there are so few WRCars available, so the lucky ones would have a big advantage with a far superior car, and almost gaurenteed the win without competing for it.

Andre Oliveira
19th November 2010, 21:45
Armindo Araujo said in an interview with a Portuguese television that has proposed to rise to the WRC.

OldF
19th November 2010, 21:48
I don’t know how they’re going to find enough cars because by MW “Our intention is to build ten cars for the M1 and M2 teams, that we are managing and will be driven in WRC.”

From an interview made by the Finnish magazine “Vauhdin Maailma” after Wales.

tolis
19th November 2010, 21:49
Armindo Araujo said in an interview with a Portuguese television that has proposed to rise to the WRC.
He may drive a Mini... :)

alleskids
28th December 2010, 14:54
Total - Red Bull Citroen: Loeb / Ogier full season
Citroen Paying Client Team: Van Merksteijn jr(10) / Van Merksteijn sr (3-4)/ Raikkonen ??

Castrol Ford Abu Dhabi: Hirvonen / Latvala / Al Qassimi
Monster Ford: Block full season / ??
M-Sport Ford: Østberg full season?
Ipatec Ford: Dennis Kuiper (10 rallies)/ Rene Kuiper (6?)
Munchi's Ford: Villagra (8 rallies?)

Santader Mini Prodrive: Meeke / Sordo
World Rally Team Brasil Mini: Oliveira(11)

stil waiting for:
Mathew Wilson ?
Armindo Aruajao - joining WRT Brasil ?

RICARDO75
28th December 2010, 15:14
Federico Villagra 2011 program:
Mexico, Portugal, Sadignia, Argentina, Greece, Finland, France and Spain

Armindo Araújo will know within days whether to enter in a wrc car. According to the Portuguese driver, lack gather a little money to achieve its objective.

cali
28th December 2010, 15:41

Armindo Araújo will know within days whether to enter in a wrc car. According to the Portuguese driver, lack gather a little money to achieve its objective.
Thumb up for Araujo, hope he gets the funding. It will be nice to see him in WRCar

alleskids
28th December 2010, 17:19

The sites mentioned 9 rallies for Villagra, so I checked the reliable eWRC.cz :) , and they mentioned also Germany. So his WRC program is Mexico, Portugal, Sardinia, Argentina, Greece, Finland, Germany, France and Catalonia

tolis
9th January 2011, 21:39
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/505-new-teams-enter-2011-fia-world-rally-championship

Motorsportfun
9th January 2011, 22:06
I've got a screwer from Ferm! :D

OldF
9th January 2011, 22:26
I've got a screwer from Ferm! :D

Is it good?
Some tools are buy for a cheap price, use once and throw away.

Motorsportfun
9th January 2011, 22:52
Is it good?
Some tools are buy for a cheap price, use once and throw away.

Yeah, it's good... I think I paid it about 20 euros :p

alleskids
10th January 2011, 18:59
Total - Red Bull Citroen: Loeb / Ogier full season
Van Merksteijn Citroen WRT: Van Merksteijn jr(11) / Van Merksteijn sr (3-4)
ICE 1 Racing: Raikkonen (10+)
Petter Solberg WRT: P Solberg full season

Castrol Ford Abu Dhabi: Hirvonen / Latvala / Al Qassimi
Monster Ford: Block full season / ??
Stobart M-Sport Ford WRT: Østberg full season?
FERM Powertools World Rally Team: Dennis Kuiper (10 rallies)/ Rene Kuiper (6?)
Munchi's Ford: Villagra (9)
M-Sport Ford WRT: H Solberg (?) / Wilson (?)

Santader Mini Prodrive: Meeke / Sordo
Brazil World Rally Team: Oliveira(11)
HF Grifone: ?

stil waiting for:
Armindo Aruajao - joining WRT Brasil ?

jbmarcus21
15th January 2011, 09:00
Wrc Season 2011 http://bit.ly/gxUm4z

Motorsportfun
16th January 2011, 11:21
^^

Jb, Ken Block is wrong, he will do 12 events, because he will skip Finland due to X Games ;)

alleskids
16th January 2011, 11:30
Van Merksteijn jr will also skipp Finland. And he starts in only the 3rd rally, so his program will be 10 rallies

tolis
16th January 2011, 11:46
Van Merksteijn jr will also skipp Finland. And he starts in only the 3rd rally, so his program will be 10 rallies
Do you know the 3 rallies in which Van Merksteijn sr will participate? Thx!

alleskids
16th January 2011, 11:56
Peter sr does not know himself wich rallies he wil do :) . It depends on his business activities. But most of it al it depends on cars available form Citroen Sport. Peter jr had planned to start in Sweden, but Citroen asked him to skip to first 2 rounds, so Petter Solberg could have his 2011 program started. Rally Sardinie wil be the next bottle neck for Citroen Sport, it is in doubt if all 5 drivers can have a DS3 WRCar ready for them. Maybe Peter sr will have to look for an other brand to get his rally program

16th January 2011, 11:57
Everyone who skips would probably skip Australia because it's so expensive and so as special event like Argentina maybe

alleskids
16th January 2011, 12:12
Van Merksteijn is looking forward to Rally Australia. He had planned to skip Argentina (to save the budget for Australia :) )

OldF
16th January 2011, 13:07
What, many of them skipping NORF. Are they afraid of the Finnish roads?

N.O.T
16th January 2011, 14:13
Kimi skipping NZ and Block skipping Finland its a very nice example why rallying is considered a sport for real men... Both of these humans have a reputaion to preserve among the female part of the population and it would be bad for their image to contest events in which they would get beaten around like rags.

jbmarcus21
16th January 2011, 15:15
^^

Jb, Ken Block is wrong, he will do 12 events, because he will skip Finland due to X Games ;)

Thanks i have modified it ;)

16th January 2011, 22:54
What, many of them skipping NORF. Are they afraid of the Finnish roads?

Clearly they don't have any balls

tfp
16th January 2011, 23:24
I hear Matt Wilson isn't a nominated factory points scorer for rally sweden....Must be the result of the end of the 5 year plan thing. Do we know whats hapenning with Henning yet?

TyPat107
17th January 2011, 05:51
Clearly they don't have any balls

Normally I'm not a Block defender, but he is skipping Finland for X-games. Its something he most likely has to do becasue the exposure he gets from "X" is problably what pays for the majority of his season.

I would love to see him do Finland because his best events over here are on the races with higher speeds. Not saying he will do well, just would like to see what he could do.

19th January 2011, 07:32
^^ Probably was a little uncalled for, I understand if the X games are on, still think Ken should have spent more time in Europe working on pace notes last year. Ken definetly has bigger balls then me, I was **** scared when I rolled our car.

alleskids
25th January 2011, 18:16
The discussion was started on the Swedisch rally tread

3 Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team (Mikko Hirvonen)
4 Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team (J-M Latvala)
10 Team Abu Dhabi (K Al-Qassimi)

so different team entry name for Al-Qassimi and in original entrylist he was number 14 and priority 2
also Petter was priority 2 in original entrylist.

My opinion is that we have now 9 teams in "manufactures championship"

Since Al Qassimi has brought the Abu Dhabi sponsoring to Ford, he was entered with the BP Ford Abu Dhabi Team. Only in the 2011 Swedisch rally he is entered under his own teamname, and he has priority 1. Which only manufacturer point scoring drivers have. Petter Solberg was 2, but is now 1. FIA's list is not completly updated. For the Manufacturer Champuionship I think we have:

1-2 Citroën Total WRT (Loeb / Ogier)
3-4 Ford Abu Dhabi WRT (Hirvonen / Latvala)
5-6 M-Sport Stobart Ford WRT (Østberg / H Solberg)
7 Munchi's Ford WRT (Villagra)
8 ICE 1 Racing (Raikkonen)
9 FERM Powertools World Rally Team (D Kuipers)
10 Team Abu Dhabi (Al Qassimi)
11 Petter Solberg WRT (P Solberg)
12 Van Merksteijn Citroën WRT (Van Merksteijn jr)
46 Monster WRT (Block)
14 Brazil World Rally Team (Oliveira)

pucky54
25th January 2011, 20:01
Block has 43, not 46. 46 is Rossi ;)

grugsticles
25th January 2011, 21:40
Something has just occurred to me.

We have 7 drivers who have a realistic chance of winning rallys next year.
Those being Loeb, Ogier, Sordo, Meeke, P Solberg, Hirvonen, and Latvala. I realise that the Minis will more than likely struggle, but you never know. Pugoet in the 206 were doing pretty well early in their first event after a log time out of the game.

7 fast enough drivers, not that bad actually!

Tomi
26th January 2011, 08:36

Those being Loeb, Ogier, Sordo, Meeke, P Solberg, Hirvonen, and Latvala. I realise that the Minis will more than likely struggle, but you never know. Pugoet in the 206 were doing pretty well early in their first event after a log time out of the game.

Lol, it depends how optimistic you are, in reality it's still the same 4 that has been winning rallies in recent years who can win by driving, the rest need too many stars to be in correct position so they can win.
Interesting will be to see what Sordos pace will be now when driving something else than Citroen.

N.O.T
26th January 2011, 08:39
well 6 out of those 7 you mention were in the sport for quite some time...and the only one with realistic chances of winning was Loeb so far and the others were gathering the table scraps he left, so i cannot see things changing if the cars do not have big differences.

AndyRAC
26th January 2011, 09:18
Lol, it depends how optimistic you are, in reality it's still the same 4 that has been winning rallies in recent years who can win by driving, the rest need too many stars to be in correct position so they can win.
Interesting will be to see what Sordos pace will be now when driving something else than Citroen.

I quite agree, I'd be surprised if all 7 of them won this season. I think it's more likely that only the usual 4 drivers who will win. But I like your line about the stars being correctly aligned :p So, no change there then. So much for a new start in 2011.
The sooner VW, Saab, GM-Opel, Austin-Healey, Triumph, ;) etc join in the better

PLuto
26th January 2011, 11:58

You are joking? :D

pettersolberg29
26th January 2011, 13:23

I sort-of agree with grugsticles here. Loeb, Ogier and JML should all win at least once and probably more. Mikko is also a proven winner, and Petter came really close to winning last year a few times so those 5 will challenge at every round. Then we have Sordo who by the end of the season could challenge for wins on tarmac, and Meeke who should go well in GB and if the car is equal to the Fiesta and DS3 I could see him winning or at least coming very close to a win.

Rallyper
26th January 2011, 16:00
I sort-of agree with grugsticles here. Loeb, Ogier and JML should all win at least once and probably more. Mikko is also a proven winner, and Petter came really close to winning last year a few times so those 5 will challenge at every round. Then we have Sordo who by the end of the season could challenge for wins on tarmac, and Meeke who should go well in GB and if the car is equal to the Fiesta and DS3 I could see him winning or at least coming very close to a win.

Dont forget PG in Swedens first round! ;)

Sardalense
26th January 2011, 16:55
Bernardo Sousa will drive a Ford Fiesta WRC during the next Rally de Portugal :)

grugsticles
26th January 2011, 18:14

Having some optimism about the 2011 season. :)

tfp
26th January 2011, 23:35
well 6 out of those 7 you mention were in the sport for quite some time...and the only one with realistic chances of winning was Loeb so far and the others were gathering the table scraps he left, so i cannot see things changing if the cars do not have big differences.

I agree...I hope Hirvonen puts up a better fight this year...

gloomyDAY
27th January 2011, 00:57
well 6 out of those 7 you mention were in the sport for quite some time...and the only one with realistic chances of winning was Loeb so far and the others were gathering the table scraps he left, so i cannot see things changing if the cars do not have big differences.Darn right!

HaCo
27th January 2011, 16:41
I agree!

Nothing have changed, and why would the Ford suddenly be faster than the DS3, because they sold more cars to richboys?

If we will see any competition, it will be between Seb and Seb.

Mise
27th January 2011, 19:22
I agree...I hope Hirvonen puts up a better fight this year...

I think He will win the Rally Sweden. The driving skills
never disappeared, it was his confidence.

When that lost confidence is back, Hirvonen will be
as fast as he used to be, which is faster than Latvala.

tfp
27th January 2011, 23:39
I think He will win the Rally Sweden. The driving skills
never disappeared, it was his confidence.

When that lost confidence is back, Hirvonen will be
as fast as he used to be, which is faster than Latvala.

Is that why his time were poor last year, just a lack of confidence? I've been trying to work it out, I've even compared some of his 2010's stage times to the same stages he competed in 2009(sad, I know!!) and surely enough, his times were a lot slower in 2010...
Although, theres only 3(?) tarmac rallys this year, so that should favour him a lot :cool:

SkodaSRT
29th January 2011, 18:37
Eyvind Brynildsens new livery for 2011 :eek:
Very nice and no comparison to last year

http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/files/2011/01/464a9_null-600x450.jpg
http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/author/eyvindb/http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/author/eyvindb/

alleskids
29th January 2011, 18:54
I hope Skoda UK and Skoda France are seeing this and change their IRC livery :)

tolis
29th January 2011, 19:03
Eyvind Brynildsens new livery for 2011 :eek:
Very nice and no comparison to last year

http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/files/2011/01/464a9_null-600x450.jpg
http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/author/eyvindb/http://eyvindbrynildsen.vgb.no/author/eyvindb/
Do we know his plans for this year?

SkodaSRT
29th January 2011, 19:07
Do we know his plans for this year?
This stand on his site.

NM/VM rally 2011

NM:
Sigdals Rally 15.Jan (http://www.sigdalsrally.no/)
Rally Hadeland 28.Jan (http://www.rally-hadeland.no/)
Rally Finnskog 25-26.Feb (http://www.rallyfinnskog.no/)
Rally Sørlandet 29-30.April (http://www.rallysorland.no/)
Aurskog Høland Rally 4.Juni (http://www.ahrally.no/)
Rally Telemark 3.Sept (http://www.eyvindbrynildsen.no/cat/541.aspx/)
Rally Hedemarken 24.Sept (http://www.rally-hedemarken.no/)
VM:
Svenske Rally 10-13.Feb (http://www.rallysweden.com/)
Rally Jordan 11-16.April (http://www.jordanrally.com//Default.aspx)
Rally Sardinia 5-8.Mai (http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/)
Rally Akropolis 16-19.Juni (http://www..acropolisrally.gr/GR/2011//wrc/)
Rally Tyskland 18-21.Aug (http://www.rallye-deutschland.de/start/index.php)
Rally Frankrike 29.Sept - 2.Oct (http://www.ffsa.org/article.php?id=20594)
Rally Catalunya 21-24.Oct (http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/espanol/index.asp/)

tolis
29th January 2011, 19:10
This stand on his site.

NM/VM rally 2011

NM:
Sigdals Rally 15.Jan (http://www.sigdalsrally.no/)
Rally Hadeland 28.Jan (http://www.rally-hadeland.no/)
Rally Finnskog 25-26.Feb (http://www.rallyfinnskog.no/)
Rally Sørlandet 29-30.April (http://www.rallysorland.no/)
Aurskog Høland Rally 4.Juni (http://www.ahrally.no/)
Rally Telemark 3.Sept (http://www.eyvindbrynildsen.no/cat/541.aspx/)
Rally Hedemarken 24.Sept (http://www.rally-hedemarken.no/)
VM:
Svenske Rally 10-13.Feb (http://www.rallysweden.com/)
Rally Jordan 11-16.April (http://www.jordanrally.com//Default.aspx)
Rally Sardinia 5-8.Mai (http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/)
Rally Akropolis 16-19.Juni (http://www..acropolisrally.gr/GR/2011//wrc/)
Rally Tyskland 18-21.Aug (http://www.rallye-deutschland.de/start/index.php)
Rally Frankrike 29.Sept - 2.Oct (http://www.ffsa.org/article.php?id=20594)
Rally Catalunya 21-24.Oct (http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/espanol/index.asp/)
Thx!!! :)

alleskids
29th January 2011, 19:26
What a coincedate :) , all rallies after Sweden are S-WRC. The S-WRC car were the PSWRT is taking about is for ... .Brynildsen. But he is doing only 6 out of 8, missing Mexico and/or Finland?

Sulland
29th January 2011, 19:28
Another pic, live driving http://www.norsk-rally.com/images/stories/EyvindBrynildsen/2011/brynildsenhadeland.jpg

tolis
29th January 2011, 19:35
The S-WRC car were the PSWRT is taking about is for ... .Brynildsen.

How do you know that? ;)

MJW
29th January 2011, 19:38
How do you know that? ;) Wait and see

OldF
29th January 2011, 19:51
By http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/2011/01/1261276/tallipaallikko-valotti-raikkosen-ja-solbergin-sopimustilanteita Kimi will drive in his own Ice 1 Racing team and Petter in his own team.

alleskids
29th January 2011, 21:27
Is it know what livery his car wil have, does Ice1 racing already have a logo? The team has been established in a Swiss bar, so it wil have an ice cold bear on ice hockey skates in it?

OldF
29th January 2011, 22:01
Actually Kimi’s team is company.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv3.fi%2Furheilu%2Fralli%2Fuut iset.shtml%2F2011%2F01%2F1254851%2Fkimin-ralliprojektissa-kiinni-yli-puoli-miljoonaa-euroa

For sure some companies logos will be on the car that done the investments. Haven’t seen any livery. That goes also for Petter’s team.

rjbetty
29th January 2011, 23:33
No more Wilson Jr after Sweden...? :(

pettersolberg29
29th January 2011, 23:52
Haven’t seen any livery. That goes also for Petter’s team.

Maybe a hint here, or this may just be for the truck: http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/wp-content/uploads/20110127-103505-1.jpg

N.O.T
30th January 2011, 00:26

that would be devastating for the sport, to lose such a talent with such potental....you ruined my deacde...please god let this be a lie.....please...

N.O.T
30th January 2011, 00:28

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv3.fi%2Furheilu%2Fralli%2Fuut iset.shtml%2F2011%2F01%2F1254851%2Fkimin-ralliprojektissa-kiinni-yli-puoli-miljoonaa-euroa

For sure some companies logos will be on the car that done the investments. Haven’t seen any livery. That goes also for Petter’s team.

yes these kinds of companies are very useful for many many reasons all over the world especially for countries like Swiss,Cyprus and some small caribean islands...

alleskids
30th January 2011, 08:58
Maybe a hint here, or this may just be for the truck: http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/wp-content/uploads/20110127-103505-1.jpg

a black DS3 WRCar :) . Petter "Hollywood" Solberg as the Knight Rider :)

[WRCRR]
30th January 2011, 18:23
Something heard during the Arctic Lapland Rally, not very surprising stuff mostly:

-Mattias Therman looking set to drive WRCar in Rally Finland again, looks like it will be the Fiesta but MINI is also an option if there are not enough Fiesta's available
-Janne Tuohino will almost certainly be in Fiesta WRC for Rally Finland, other WRC events possible too but nothing is certain. Car will likely be rented from M-Sport for this event, as his own Finnish Championship Fiesta S2000 is set to be rented for an SWRC guest entry (Nikara?)
- Toni Gardemeister also looking to run Rally Finland again, SWRC? Not really WRC-related but he is looking to drive more IRC events this year also, depending (of course) on money...

RS
30th January 2011, 22:07

Awesome translation :D

"The company's headquarters is located in the bar, where Raikkonen lives."

Sulland
30th January 2011, 22:58
Or it might be that the guy on the computer just made that Bl/wh not to reveal anything before the launch.

Sulland
30th January 2011, 22:59
a black DS3 WRCar :) . Petter "Hollywood" Solberg as the Knight Rider :)

Or it might be that the guy on the computer just made that Bl/wh not to reveal anything before the launch.

GigiGalliNo1
31st January 2011, 15:31
that would be devastating for the sport, to lose such a talent with such potental....you ruined my deacde...please god let this be a lie.....please...

:( :(

Sulland
31st January 2011, 17:22

Is he stopping, or going down one notch, SWRC or IRC ?

fastboy
31st January 2011, 21:38

Matt will definately be doing the first half of the season in fiesta wrc.

alleskids
31st January 2011, 21:56
Do you know about sponsors, will Stobart still be on the car?

N.O.T
31st January 2011, 23:09
Do you know about sponsors, will Stobart still be on the car?

sponsors will be daddys pocket...i doubt wilson has/had any personal sponsors thoughout his career...

pantealex
4th February 2011, 19:10
8 Teams (11 cars) in "Manu championship"
http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/wrc-2011-entries.aspx

No PSWRT, but yes for "Team Al-Qassimi"

Xsara Fan
4th February 2011, 20:19
Some news from Novikov...
http://www.almrally.ru/english/info/4586/

alleskids
8th February 2011, 19:05
Ken Block will not do the entire WRC, but only 9: Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Germany, France, Span and Great Britain. But he will do plenty of events during 2011, also in Europe.

8th February 2011, 21:20
Ken Block will not do the entire WRC, but only 9: Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Germany, France, Span and Great Britain. But he will do plenty of events during 2011, also in Europe.

And Australia

MJW
8th February 2011, 22:20
http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/wrc-2011-entries.aspx

You only have to look at Petter's car today to see that there are less sponsors than last two years. In 2009 he missed 2 events, and in 2010 he financed the end of the season from his own funds. IF, and I am only being realistic and not attention seeking here, he would have to miss events as a registered team the FIA sanctions and fines would hit him hard. I guess if 110% of the budget was secure we would see a PSWRT team. 13 rounds is going to be a long and expensive year,....
Its kind of strange how Henning has landed the biggest sponsorship deal in Norwegian sport with Expert for all these years whilst the faster Solberg, rally winner and ex WRC champ can not get the money.
Maybe Vodafone McLaren should pay him, afterall McLaren electronics developed alternators were on Xsara wrc cars.

AndyRAC
8th February 2011, 22:45
Something is wrong when there is a possibility that Petter might not do the whole season. I mean he's only a former WRChampion, who only came 3rd in a Privateer C4 last year with 8 podiums. Utterly ridiculous......

tfp
8th February 2011, 23:10
Something is wrong when there is a possibility that Petter might not do the whole season. I mean he's only a former WRChampion, who only came 3rd in a Privateer C4 last year with 8 podiums. Utterly ridiculous......

Tell me about it. I'm sure someone on here a while back posted the amount of stage wins each driver had, IIRC, Petter had the second most....Has anyone got that list again?

tolis
8th February 2011, 23:16
Tell me about it. I'm sure someone on here a while back posted the amount of stage wins each driver had, IIRC, Petter had the second most....Has anyone got that list again?
Stage wins in 2010:
Sebastien Loeb 96 (36.9% of SS)
Petter Solberg 51 (19.6% of SS)
Sebastien Ogier 37 (14.2% of SS)
Jari Matti Latvala 27 (10.4% of SS)
Dani Sordo 25 (9.6% of SS)
Mikko Hirvonen 16 (6.2% of SS)
Marcus Gronholm 1 (0.4% of SS)
Martin Prokop 1 (0.4% of SS)
Kimi Raikkonen 1 (0.4% of SS)
Henning Solberg 1 (0.4% of SS)
Federico Villagra 1 (0.4% of SS)

Motorsportfun
8th February 2011, 23:38

Nothing is wrong with sponsors. They pay for who's most visible and reckonable.

Henning Solberg secured all the budget at the end of 2010 for 2011. Henning Solberg is the most reckoned person in Norway after the Prime Minister. That means something...

Livewireshock
9th February 2011, 07:47

Ken Block also announced 3 top secret projects, his season launch video features 3 scantily clad attractive women, hmmmmmm. The mind begins to wander.

Alpha
9th February 2011, 16:14
Nothing is wrong with sponsors. They pay for who's most visible and reckonable.

Henning Solberg secured all the budget at the end of 2010 for 2011. Henning Solberg is the most reckoned person in Norway after the Prime Minister. That means something...

Don't be silly. The Solberg-brothers are well-known in Norway, but the second most recognizable person in Norway? Hell no, not even remotely close.

Ken Block also announced 3 top secret projects, his season launch video features 3 scantily clad attractive women, hmmmmmm. The mind begins to wander.

They are the "Monster Girls", just used for PR-purposes. They were also on the promo-pics and vids of the new WRC car.

tfp
10th February 2011, 16:56
Stage wins in 2010:
Sebastien Loeb 96 (36.9% of SS)
Petter Solberg 51 (19.6% of SS)
Sebastien Ogier 37 (14.2% of SS)
Jari Matti Latvala 27 (10.4% of SS)
Dani Sordo 25 (9.6% of SS)
Mikko Hirvonen 16 (6.2% of SS)
Marcus Gronholm 1 (0.4% of SS)
Martin Prokop 1 (0.4% of SS)
Kimi Raikkonen 1 (0.4% of SS)
Henning Solberg 1 (0.4% of SS)
Federico Villagra 1 (0.4% of SS)

Aah, thankyou Tolis!
Although, it does put into perspective how slow Mikko was last year! I really hope he's better this year...

tfp
10th February 2011, 16:57

Ha! Nothing wrong with that:-)

GigiGalliNo1
11th February 2011, 05:13
And Australia

So he's coming to Oz-stralia? :D

MikeD
11th February 2011, 13:10

I have a questions some of you might be able to answer.

"Team Abu Dhabi" and "Petter Solberg WRT" both have priority 1 in the entry list, but on WRC.com none of them are registered as teams being able to score manu points. Is that a mistake or what are the rules?

Co-driven
11th February 2011, 15:14
I think that the Priority 1 is because of the drivers results last year. If I'm not wrong, if you take part in a certain number of WRC events on one season, on the following you are Priority 1 driver.

MikeD
11th February 2011, 15:22
I think that the Priority 1 is because of the drivers results last year. If I'm not wrong, if you take part in a certain number of WRC events on one season, on the following you are Priority 1 driver.

That could be true, but Matt Wilson has priority 2 for this rally, so there must be more to these rules.

alleskids
11th February 2011, 16:00
Wilson only has planned (officially) 1 rally, al other drivers, including Solberg and Al Qassimi will do the majority of rallies. After 3 rallies in a row a driver gets automaticly the priority 1

Xsara Fan
14th February 2011, 13:05
Novikov`s Ford Fiesta WRC color scheme here: http://www.almrally.ru/news-command/info/4661/

cali
14th February 2011, 13:10
Novikov`s Ford Fiesta WRC color scheme here: http://www.almrally.ru/news-command/info/4661/

Looks very nice !

Xsara Fan
14th February 2011, 13:22
Looks very nice !

Thanks! :)

Rallyfanbv
16th February 2011, 16:29
Armindo Araujo will be also in a Mini Countryman WRC this year! http://www.facebook.com/notes/fas-armindo-araujo/armindo-araujo-vai-defender-cores-da-mini-no-wrc-em-2011-armindo-araujo-will-def/10150182940203916

Plan9
17th February 2011, 01:43
Armindo Araujo will be also in a Mini Countryman WRC this year! http://www.facebook.com/notes/fas-armindo-araujo/armindo-araujo-vai-defender-cores-da-mini-no-wrc-em-2011-armindo-araujo-will-def/10150182940203916

How many rallies will he do? I really hope he has a works car and can do all the other rallies that Kris and Dani do

JAM
17th February 2011, 01:47
He could do a maximum of 8 rallies. The plans will be revealed soon.

First rally will be in Portugal with a Mini Countryman SP version. He will have is own team that will work very close the official team. Next weekend he will be in France in a test session with Sordo and Meeke.

Andre Oliveira
18th February 2011, 19:38
Armindo in France today.

Viking
23rd February 2011, 09:46
We can add Petter Solberg World Rally Team and Van Merksteijn Motorsport to "WRC Teams" list

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/wrc-2011-ent-upd.aspx

Hartusvuori
23rd February 2011, 11:55
http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_230f23e4cbf1faf6943e496eaef97d75.jpg

Red Bull Skoda livery.
Source (http://translate.google.fi/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autosport.cz%2Fclanek.php%3Fcl% 3D11800)

alleskids
25th February 2011, 19:01
Evgeny Novikov will do 8 WRC rallies:
Mexico, Sardinia (Italy :) ), Acropolis, Finland, Germany, France, Spain and Great Britain