PDA

View Full Version : The future of the secondary Ford teams in the WRC

Plan9
16th November 2010, 22:44
I was wondering what the future was for the secondary Ford teams in the WRC for 2011 and beyond.
I realize that they were not able to produce any good results this year as they were using second-hand 2008 spec cars that had already been thrashed by Gronholm, Hirvonen and J-M L.
Therefore, my questions are:
Who will drive the Stobart and Monster cars?(does Petter Splberg have a future with either?)
What is the story behind the Munchi's team?
Do you think Ostberg will be any good next year?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barreis
16th November 2010, 22:51
M-Sport should be closed and Ford should start their own motorsport program.. Just not as fiesta S1600.. :D

OldF
16th November 2010, 23:24
I was wondering what the future was for the secondary Ford teams in the WRC for 2011 and beyond.
I realize that they were not able to produce any good results this year as they were using second-hand 2008 spec cars that had already been thrashed by Gronholm, Hirvonen and J-M L.

All the drivers have been using cars used in previous rallies (and also crashed ones), not only the “secondary” team.

Who will drive the Stobart and Monster cars?(does Petter Splberg have a future with either?)

I don’t know! No!

What is the story behind the Munchi's team?

Ice cream!

Do you think Ostberg will be any good next year?

Yes!

cut the b.s.
16th November 2010, 23:41
M-Sport should be closed and Ford should put blue Ovals on the front of Citroens :D

you know it makes sence Malcolm :)

noel157
17th November 2010, 00:30
Or back to Boreham and get Stuart Turner back to run things.

jonas_mcrae
17th November 2010, 04:07
Easy,

1st step: send wilson jr to a desert island

2nd step: run factory team with JML and Petter, Second team with Hirvonen and Sordo (going up to first team on tarmac rallies) and keep Ostberg as a customer driver.

3rd step: win at least the manu championship

4th step (optional): if still cant beat citroen, talk to the finish rally mafia and sabotage the frenchies.

And of course keep selling/hiring cars to Block, Hening, Villagra, et al, to finance this master plan.

Plan9
17th November 2010, 06:35
the 2008 focus was a very inferior car..im not expecting much from ostberg,henning or block...i also reckon JML may be a bit of a flash in the pan...hirvonen held leob to account last year much more thoroughly than he did this year

Barreis
17th November 2010, 09:18
you know it makes sence Malcolm :)

What kinda quote was that?! :D

bennizw
17th November 2010, 09:26
Easy,

1st step: send wilson jr to a desert island

2nd step: run factory team with JML and Petter, Second team with Hirvonen and Sordo (going up to first team on tarmac rallies) and keep Ostberg as a customer driver.

3rd step: win at least the manu championship

4th step (optional): if still cant beat citroen, talk to the finish rally mafia and sabotage the frenchies.

And of course keep selling/hiring cars to Block, Hening, Villagra, et al, to finance this master plan.

Good plan, you should take over M-sport today ;)

GigiGalliNo1
17th November 2010, 09:37
Do we need another thread for this?

Iskald
17th November 2010, 09:43
the 2008 focus was a very inferior car..im not expecting much from ostberg,henning or block...i also reckon JML may be a bit of a flash in the pan...hirvonen held leob to account last year much more thoroughly than he did this year

If you are putting Mads Østberg in the same sack as Ken Block your knowledge of the sport seems a bit limited...

Bobcat
17th November 2010, 11:34
Or back to Boreham and get Stuart Turner back to run things.
+1 :)

ste898
17th November 2010, 12:57
With Malcolm wilson running the Ford team they will never win another championship as he is totally out of touch with driver choice.

Yes JML is top class but still learning, but as for Hirvoslow well he is a waste of time.

Wilson will not take the fantastic Petter solberg because of a silly problem many years ago so that is why wilson is not fit too run the team.

Citroen 2011 champions in drivers and manufacturers

rallyfiend
17th November 2010, 14:05
With Malcolm wilson running the Ford team they will never win another championship as he is totally out of touch with driver choice.

Yes JML is top class but still learning, but as for Hirvoslow well he is a waste of time.

Wilson will not take the fantastic Petter solberg because of a silly problem many years ago so that is why wilson is not fit too run the team.

Citroen 2011 champions in drivers and manufacturers

He can only take the drivers that budget allows. M-Sport is a commercial operation with some support form Ford, nota full factory operation like Citroen.

Same with the secondary teams. They exist only if someone pays the bills - usually associated with the driver.

Stobart is a Cumbria-based company, so is M-Sport and Matthew Wilson. If there's no Matthew, there's probably no Stobart. Not much of a choice really!

Plan9
17th November 2010, 20:37
If you are putting Mads Østberg in the same sack as Ken Block your knowledge of the sport seems a bit limited...
i know that mads is better than ken, if the new car is **** all performances will be dragged down in relation to the citroen teams

Barreis
17th November 2010, 21:02
There's difference between Citroen Sport and M-Sport.. Citroen wants success and M-Sport wants money.. That's all.. Results are visible..

cut the b.s.
17th November 2010, 23:42
There's difference between Citroen Sport and M-Sport.. Citroen wants success and M-Sport wants money.. That's all.. Results are visible..

Everyone wants money, but M Sport need money, its easy slateing M Sport for their efforts, Ford couldnt run a team before they took over, and M Sport have managed to keep the team solvent through tough times, their driver selection is iffy but otherwise they run the team very well

Plan9
17th November 2010, 23:46
by the way..both block and ostberg are customers of m-sport. i imagine that they will not be as favored by team orders as say JML and Mikko

AndyRAC
18th November 2010, 00:05

Probably because Ford are cheapskates. If Ford win they get the plaudits at board level, if they don't win, then 'no problem' as they put so little money in. I'm not a huge Ford fan, but I'm beginning to have sympathy with M-Sport.
Sounds like BMW are possibly doing a similar thing with Prodrive-Mini.....

noel157
18th November 2010, 00:24
by the way..both block and ostberg are customers of m-sport. i imagine that they will not be as favored by team orders as say JML and Mikko

Can't see Block ever being subject to team orders...
Well, maybe with regard to paying on time.

He's a nice guy and there for fun and to learn as he fully admits.

COD
18th November 2010, 13:12
M-Sport should be closed and Ford should start their own motorsport program.. Just not as fiesta S1600.. :D

I think the Fiesta S1600 is the prime example why they should NOT do it

Barreis
18th November 2010, 16:20
They could do it better.. They're factory, aren't they?! Before M-Sport deal they were good with number of famous drivers..

cut the b.s.
18th November 2010, 18:12
They could do it better.. They're factory, aren't they?! Before M-Sport deal they were good with number of famous drivers..

No they werent, those rose tinted glasses you are wearing are messing your head ;)

Barreis
18th November 2010, 18:50
The black one.. :)