PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Deconstructors Championship

Mark
16th November 2010, 09:18
The traditional year end look at who's made the biggest mess of things.
You score points in this championship for retiring from races. The first to retire gets 25 points, the second 18 points etc according to the F1 system. You don't get any points if you finish the race!

J Trulli 138
L di Grassi 134
Kamui Kobayashi 133
V Liuzzi 121
Bruno Senna 108
Timo Glock 104
K Chandhok 94
P de la Rosa 91
H Kovalaninen 79
S Buemi 69
N Hulkenburg 65
Vitaly Petrov 51
M Webber 43
N Rosberg 40
R Kubica 38
J Alguersuari 37
L Hamilton 36
A Sutil 34
J Button 33
R Barrichello 31
M Schumacher 30
S Vettel 25
S Yamamoto 15
F Massa 12
F Alonso 12
C Klien 10
N Heidfeld 6

Sauber 230
Lotus 229
Virgin 226
HRT 192
Force India 155
Williams 96
Torro Rosso 94
Renault 89
Mercedes 78
Red Bull 68
McLaren 61
Ferrari 24

Dave B
16th November 2010, 11:06
Lucky for Heidfeld that he wasn't in the Sauber earlier in the season :p

52Paddy
16th November 2010, 11:28
Interesting, that. Sauber were hampered by numerous reliability issues, particularly in the opening half of the year. I wouldn't have thought that Lotus were the worst of the new teams, given their pace and overall solid work all season. I certainly didn't expect Ferrari would be the cream of the crop, initially, but on reflection, McLaren and Red Bull made some big mistakes this year. Ferrari were not quick for a long time, but did manage to finish regularly.

VkmSpouge
16th November 2010, 12:41
It is a good way of showing who had the least reliable car. Interesting to see Hispania's F110 did at least appear to be more reliable than the Lotus and Virgin.

N. Jones
16th November 2010, 14:23
It is interesting to see how high Sauber is but I think we might have forgotten how terrible their first half was. Sauber and Kobayashi were much improved in the second half.

schmenke
16th November 2010, 15:30
It is interesting to see how high Sauber is but I think we might have forgotten how terrible their first half was. Sauber and Kobayashi were much improved in the second half.

That's what I was thinking. I was at first surprised to see Kobayashi up (down?) in third in the list.

BTW, thanks again Mark.

N. Jones
16th November 2010, 16:14
Yes, thanks Mark. This is always a welcome part of the forum.

UltimateDanGTR
16th November 2010, 16:23
what really amazes me is that Vettel is behind Hamilton and Webber in the standings.

With instanbul and his bad luck, I find that surprising.

keysersoze
16th November 2010, 16:42
what really amazes me is that Vettel is behind Hamilton and Webber in the standings.

With instanbul and his bad luck, I find that surprising.

Vettel's retirements were generally later in the race. Mark's Korea exit was very early. Hamilton was the first retirement in Monza IIRC.

It's a similar situation with Kubica (38 pts) and Petrov (51 pts). Petrov had several wrecks, but I barely recall Kubica dropping out of any race. However, one time was very early (Suzuka) and another was Silverstone, when RK was the second retirement, and another was his pitlane get-together with Sutil, where RK was the fourth to retire. Yes, Petrov dropped out of Suzuka on the first lap, but there were four lap one casualties, and Vitaly had outqualified all of them, so he only "earned" 10 points for his contact with Hulkenberg--as we all remember, Di Grassi went off on the reconnaissance lap and didn't take the start.

jens
16th November 2010, 17:44
Wuohoo, Trulli won at least something. :p : Of course could find excuses like it may have easily seemed that his chassis had an inherent (hydraulic) flaw as it seemed to break down in almost every race and ridiculously nothing changed during the whole year. But in the end doesn't matter much, little was at stake and nothing else to do than to wait for 2011 and hope for better, when finally a new chassis will be unveiled!

UltimateDanGTR
16th November 2010, 18:36
Vettel's retirements were generally later in the race. Mark's Korea exit was very early. Hamilton was the first retirement in Monza IIRC.

It's a similar situation with Kubica (38 pts) and Petrov (51 pts). Petrov had several wrecks, but I barely recall Kubica dropping out of any race. However, one time was very early (Suzuka) and another was Silverstone, when RK was the second retirement, and another was his pitlane get-together with Sutil, where RK was the fourth to retire. Yes, Petrov dropped out of Suzuka on the first lap, but there were four lap one casualties, and Vitaly had outqualified all of them, so he only "earned" 10 points for his contact with Hulkenberg--as we all remember, Di Grassi went off on the reconnaissance lap and didn't take the start.

that would explain it :)

steveaki13
16th November 2010, 21:14
:p

Ferrari were rubbish at Crashing and retiring weren't they.

No fun at all. :rolleyes:

UltimateDanGTR
16th November 2010, 21:33
:p

Ferrari were rubbish at Crashing and retiring weren't they.

No fun at all. :rolleyes:

yes, they should be thrown out of the world championship. :p :