2. Youngest ever F1 point scorer
3. Youngest ever Driver to get F1 Pole Position
4. Youngest ever F1 race winner
5. Youngest ever F1 champion

Looks impressive enough to me!

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 20:11
The kid is good, no doubt about it...
And next year he may even become youngest ever double WDC !!
( :p )

Cooper_S
14th November 2010, 20:22
Impressive... but as Ive been following his progress from Forumla BMW days it is not totally unexpected once in got into F1 at so young an age.

steveaki13
14th November 2010, 20:29
The kid is good, no doubt about it...
And next year he may even become youngest ever double WDC !!
( :p )

And the year after that youngest triple champion. ;)

airshifter
14th November 2010, 20:41
With some growth and more maturity in the series, he would have added more races to that list and clinched the title earlier as well. I think he is well on the road to greatness.

It's hard to say long term what records he might beat or come close to, but with the talent in todays field I think those long term records may be harder to beat than they were to set.

rublazar2
14th November 2010, 20:41
I thought it was Alguersuari the youngest ever F1 Driver...

donKey jote
14th November 2010, 20:52
He would be, but ioan doesn't like him :laugh: :p

D28
14th November 2010, 21:07
I thought it was Alguersuari the youngest ever F1 Driver...

He is listed as the youngest to actually start a F1 race, along with 5 others who were younger than Vettel. Vettel is listed as youngest to take part in a meeting, which I assume to be practice.

Mia 01
14th November 2010, 21:12
The only one who can match him is probably Kimi in the other Bull.

But thatīs only my opinion i suppose.

gloomyDAY
14th November 2010, 21:12
I am flabbergasted.

Totally thought that Alonso was going to win, but this is a pleasant surprise and furthermore it's incredible since I've been a fan of Vettel since his days at BMW. Time to call out the haters!

Where are you Garry Walker? I guess Vettel still isn't WDC material.

Here you go:

1. Youngest ever F1 driver

Looks impressive enough to me!Not impressive enough. Vettel must now cure cancer or else he's a false WDC. :p

ioan
14th November 2010, 23:04
He is listed as the youngest to actually start a F1 race, along with 5 others who were younger than Vettel. Vettel is listed as youngest to take part in a meeting, which I assume to be practice.

My bad, sorry I mixed that part up. :)

Daika
15th November 2010, 00:01
Here you go:

Number 5 is the only achievement. The rest seems redundant. Afterall you don't get to be World Champion without getting into points, get pole, win a race. And you need to be a F1 driver in order to get to target number 2-5.

Cooper_S
15th November 2010, 00:42
Number 5 is the only achievement. The rest seems redundant. Afterall you don't get to be World Champion without getting into points, get pole, win a race. And you need to be a F1 driver in order to get to target number 2-5.

That is akin to saying just because a pilot is awarded the DSO his DFC is redundant... they are achievements along his career, each a milestone and each in this case a record in it's own right.

One does not follow the other, the youngest driver ever to get a pole may spend years getting a win and may never become a WDC.

D28
15th November 2010, 01:13
One does not follow the other, the youngest driver ever to get a pole may spend years getting a win and may never become a WDC.

This is correct. Of the 6 drivers mentioned as starting a race at a younger age then Vettel, only Fernado Alonso has won to date. Of course he achieved many of the same records broken by Vettel. Vettel's feats are impressive.

Daika
15th November 2010, 01:24

In this case it does. Because the reverse is true. The youngest world champion, means he did get pole and wins. I'm forgetting that Vettel won races in 2009, did he got a pole in that season?

D28
15th November 2010, 01:47
In this case it does. Because the reverse is true. The youngest world champion, means he did get pole and wins. I'm forgetting that Vettel won races in 2009, did he got a pole in that season?

He became the youngest pole winner at the 2008 Italian GP, which he won, making him the youngest race winner.

wbcobrar
15th November 2010, 02:44
congratulations to Vettel and the Red Bull Team on a thrilling season. Well Done.

call_me_andrew
15th November 2010, 02:57
Not bad for a #1 driver at all!

Valve Bounce
15th November 2010, 04:43
Here you go:

And youngest driver not to listen to stupid suggestions that he should have moved over for his team mate in Brazil. :D

CNR
15th November 2010, 05:17
first driver to finish the race and not know that he was world champion

wattoroos
15th November 2010, 07:54
i wonder if he can become the youngest 7 time wdc. i cant believe that vettel is only germany's second wdc

Valve Bounce
15th November 2010, 07:57
first driver to finish the race and not know that he was world champion

Didn't that happen to James Hunt also?

ShiftingGears
15th November 2010, 08:26
Didn't that happen to James Hunt also?

Indeed it did.

ArrowsFA1
15th November 2010, 08:31
Here you go:

He's made an impressive start to his F1 career :p

jens
15th November 2010, 11:09
Interesting that Fittipaldi managed to keep the honour of the "youngest WDC" for quite long, but suddenly in recent years Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel have one after another managed to beat that "youth record". Wonder, if anyone can beat Vettel in that department? 23 is already something that will be quite tough to reduce though. :p :

D28
15th November 2010, 19:48
Interesting that Fittipaldi managed to keep the honour of the "youngest WDC" for quite long, but suddenly in recent years Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel have one after another managed to beat that "youth record". Wonder, if anyone can beat Vettel in that department? 23 is already something that will be quite tough to reduce though. :p :

On the other hand, J M Fangio's WDC win at 46 looks pretty secure. Likewise the oldest driver records of Chiron and Fagioli, unless Schumacher wants to continue for another decade or so.

Garry Walker
15th November 2010, 21:23
I am flabbergasted.

Totally thought that Alonso was going to win, but this is a pleasant surprise and furthermore it's incredible since I've been a fan of Vettel since his days at BMW. Time to call out the haters!

Where are you Garry Walker? I guess Vettel still isn't WDC material.

Not impressive enough. Vettel must now cure cancer or else he's a false WDC. :p

I congratulated him already.

As for being impressive, Vettel should have won this years title with 2 races to go, so much was Red Bull faster than any other car.

N4D13
15th November 2010, 22:05
Has anybody mentioned that he's both the youngest driver to get a penalty for speeding in the pit-lane and the driver who needed less time to get a penalty? AFAIK, it only took him 6 seconds in the 2007 US GP. :p