PDA

View Full Version : Points combinations for Abu Dhabi

Dave B
9th November 2010, 14:36
I shamelessly pinched this from the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/nov/08/formula-1-alonso-webber-vettel-hamilton), who shamelessly pinched it from Autosport :p

I've checked their maths and it looks correct, feel free to double check for errors:

Webber cannot win championship if P6 or lower.
Vettel cannot win championship if P3 or lower.
Hamilton cannot win championship if P2 or lower.

Alonso v Webber

If: Alonso P1 or P2: Alonso takes the title on points
Alonso P3, P4 or P5: Webber needs to win
Alonso P6, Webber needs P2
Alonso P7 or P8: Webber needs P3
Alonso P9: Webber P4
Alonso P10 or no points: Webber P5

Alonso v Vettel

If: Alonso P1, P2, P3 or P4, beats Vettel on points
Alonso P5, P6, P7, P8 : Vettel needs to win
Alonso P9, P10: Vettel needs P2

Webber v Vettel

If: Vettel P1: Webber cannot win
Vettel P2: Webber P4 or better

Hamilton

Must win, Alonso P11 or worse, Webber P6 or worse, and Vettel P3 or worse.

I'm going to keep a printout sellotaped to the timing screen! :D

wattoroos
10th November 2010, 07:16
i gotta say that it looks pretty good for alonso at this stage but we will see after qualy, what will probaly happen

Mark
10th November 2010, 08:23
Complex!

If: Alonso P1 or P2: Alonso takes the title on points

Have to say, this is probably the most likely outcome this weekend :(

555-04Q2
10th November 2010, 14:34
Webber and Vettel will take each other out at the first corner of the race, Alonso will fail to finish due to a mechanical failure and Hamilton will win the race to take his second title.

You heard it here first :p :

Roamy
10th November 2010, 15:04
I hate to say it but I think the top 6 will be gunning for alonso for the takeout.
Alonso needs to qualify on pole to survive.

AndyL
10th November 2010, 15:07
Webber and Vettel will take each other out at the first corner of the race, Alonso will fail to finish due to a mechanical failure and Hamilton will win the race to take his second title.

You heard it here first :p :

It sounds like madness, but I can just see that happening! You can get 100-1 on Hamilton to win the title so might be worth a tenner.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th November 2010, 16:59
Complex!

Have to say, this is probably the most likely outcome this weekend :(

I'm expecting a Red Bull 1-2.

pino
10th November 2010, 17:47
I'm expecting...guess what ? :p :

Dave B
10th November 2010, 17:56
I'm expecting...guess what ? :p :

Jarno to win? :p

pino
10th November 2010, 19:03
Jarno to win? :p

Not to win but on the podium :p :

harvick#1
10th November 2010, 19:11
arent they callin for rain in Abu Dhabi :p :

Whyzars
10th November 2010, 23:08
I had a dream that the headlines on Monday said "Schumacher Wins Drivers Championship for Ferrari!!!"

The only scenario I can come up with has MS forming up on the grid in a prime mover and a fairly obvious false start. :)

I passionately hope that Mark wins but everything says that this is Alonso's year. Alonso is the best driver on the grid by far and Ferrari have contained the Red Bulls well. My hope is that if Alonso wins the WDC he wins it by more than 8 points and if Mark wins that my liver holds up.

2010 has been a far better season than I expected it to be...

Ari
11th November 2010, 02:02
It sounds like madness, but I can just see that happening! You can get 100-1 on Hamilton to win the title so might be worth a tenner.

Which is EXACTLY what I've done! :)

call_me_andrew
11th November 2010, 03:24
What happens if a tsunami hits in the middle of the race and half points are awarded? :p

Dave B
11th November 2010, 14:27
I like this little tool that Marca have produced, letting you drag and drop drivers into finishing positions and see what effect it has on the points:

http://www.marca.com/2010/11/07/motor/formula1/1289160661.html

Dave B
11th November 2010, 14:33
Also, from f1.com:

Deadlock: in theory, Alonso, Webber and Vettel could finish level on points at the top - a result of Vettel winning, Webber second and Alonso fifth in Abu Dhabi would give them 256 points apiece. Vettel and Alonso would have five wins each, two second places each and three third places each. Vettel would then be champion based on his three fourth places to Alonso’s two.

jens
11th November 2010, 16:38
Somehow I don't expect RBR to have a 1-2 this weekend. All too often something goes wrong for at least one of them. I say Alonso will finish second in the race after having overtaken once again a slow-starting Webber off the line.

Tazio
11th November 2010, 17:17
Somehow I don't expect RBR to have a 1-2 this weekend. All too often something goes wrong for at least one of them. I say Alonso will finish second in the race after having overtaken once again a slow-starting Webber off the line.That is a very real possibility. If it does line up like that and Fred doesn't get him into the first corner (although I expect the boss, and maybe Button near the front) I wonder how hard Alonso will push Webber. A good battle would probably allow Vettel to gap them.

I hate to say it but I think the top 6 will be gunning for Alonso for the takeout.
Alonso needs to qualify on pole to survive.
:s ailor:I doubt that.
I think he gets a lot more respect from his peers than the Anglo /Mafia would like you to believe.

VkmSpouge
11th November 2010, 19:40
Somehow I don't expect RBR to have a 1-2 this weekend. All too often something goes wrong for at least one of them. I say Alonso will finish second in the race after having overtaken once again a slow-starting Webber off the line.

Abu Dhabi was good to Red Bull last year, they took a good one-two with Vettel beating Webber. It's just making sure that they're error free. The question is if Webber needs Vettel to let him passed in order to win the championship, will Vettel do it?

ArrowsFA1
12th November 2010, 12:11
Sniff Petrol takes a look at the scenarios:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/11/12/f1-2010-who-will-win/

:p

Dave B
12th November 2010, 12:28
Very nice :D

Mark
12th November 2010, 12:36
Pure class :D