PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Mark Webber

Valve Bounce
8th November 2010, 07:52
G'Day Mark,

I hear ya want to win the Driver's Championship. No worries mate! Valve is here to help.
Just pull ya finger out, qualify on pole, and win the start. Then go like the clappers.
Don't worry about Alonso or even that Pom Hamilton; I'll get Julia to shaft them for ya!
Good luck, mate

Ya old cobber,

Valve

AJP
8th November 2010, 07:53
I'll second that..

wattoroos
8th November 2010, 07:55
its his really only chance and he deserves it. Go for it.

CNR
8th November 2010, 08:34
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ziv86x.jpg

Sonic
8th November 2010, 11:06
G'Day Mark,

I hear ya want to win the Driver's Championship. No worries mate! Valve is here to help.
Just pull ya finger out, qualify on pole, and win the start. Then go like the clappers.
Don't worry about Alonso or even that Pom Hamilton; I'll get Julia to shaft them for ya!
Good luck, mate

Ya old cobber,

Valve

Laws above! I 'aren't a Danny la rue what you are saying. Can't yaw speak the queens English proper? Innit?

maximilian
8th November 2010, 20:46
I'll be rooting for ya, Mark!

Oops, can't say that in Australia! :D

donKey jote
8th November 2010, 21:37
:up:
let's all root for Webbo ! :D

steveaki13
8th November 2010, 22:57
I'm supporting Webber now that Lewis probably can't win it.

Whether it be with or without Sebs Help.

ioan
8th November 2010, 22:59
I'm supporting Webber now that Lewis probably can't win it.

Whether it be with or without Sebs Help.

A bit difficult without Seb's help.

Roamy
9th November 2010, 02:14
well I can tell you one thing - vettel ain't winning it. Webber will send him in orbit.

Ari
9th November 2010, 04:18
Dear Mark!

Another angle for you.

Quali second, then hold out Fernando for the whole race. Seb will let you through on the last lap.

Whatever you do, don't head to the front too soon. Seb cannot take the pressure of Nando behind him. He can't hold Nando off when there is a WDC on the line for Nando. You'll need to do that for yourself.

Don't leave it up to Seb to hold out Alonso!

Cheers, Ari.

Warriwa
9th November 2010, 05:58
G'Day Cobber,

If at any stage you hear Alonso is in the wall, get crackin'.
Crikey, we can't have the kid win.
That will do my bloody head in.
Me and the missus are commin' over to watch the show.
I'll come see ya before the race, then thump that prick Marko.

Good luck buddy, smash 'em.

p.s. will you be my friend?

TMorel
9th November 2010, 09:36
Dear Fernando,

I have the photos of you and the goat. To make these pictures go away, leave $1million in unmarked used notes in the...

[ooops sorry, wrong thread]

This thread reminds me of some of the letters I used to get. I bought my apartment off a cricketer who played for England and for quite a while after I moved in I'd find notes shoved thru the letterbox
"Dear XYZ,
As a long term fan, I really hope you score a century as opening batsman otherwise God will cast down his wrath and punish you and [wifes name] and you will all perish in fire and brimstone.
Good luck with the tour"
In comparison, this place is fairly sane(ish)

Mark
9th November 2010, 10:45
Go Webbo!

ShiftingGears
9th November 2010, 11:07
I really hope he just smashes the field and the other contenders take care of themselves as far as his championship hopes are concerned.

RJL25
9th November 2010, 11:45
This is all assuming he isn't too hungover to drive this weekend... seems the team party after the Brazillian GP started pretty early, didn't even wait for the winner to return to the garage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SdubVYrxPE

ShiftingGears
9th November 2010, 12:14
This is all assuming he isn't too hungover to drive this weekend... seems the team party after the Brazillian GP started pretty early, didn't even wait for the winner to return to the garage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SdubVYrxPE

LOL

Cooper_S
9th November 2010, 12:51
Go Vettel... or Mark... or Alonso :)

donKey jote
9th November 2010, 18:35
Manda Webbos !

TheFamousEccles
13th November 2010, 01:24
Oh dear, Thunderbolt - our Mark has joined the CFMEU! That'll mean it's a closed shop (not ticket, not entry), and he'll go in strike at the drop of a hat.

markabilly
13th November 2010, 14:27
shoulda wrote this letter to red bull piss before the Brazil race....... :(

CNR
13th November 2010, 21:58
Oh dear, Thunderbolt - our Mark has joined the CFMEU! That'll mean it's a closed shop (not ticket, not entry), and he'll go in strike at the drop of a hat.
are you thinking of the great shearers strike of 1891

Beneath the starry flag of rebellion, that oath was taken by hundreds of gold diggers at Ballarat in 1854. The Eureka rebellion led by Peter Lalor was a short lived revolt against petty officialdom and although a military failure, led to political and personal benefits for many Australians

http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/eurekastockade/

truefan72
13th November 2010, 22:17
lets wait until after the race to crucify the guy

steveaki13
13th November 2010, 22:33
He still has a chance, but its tough now.

I think maybe he finally cracked just a little under the pressure. :(

Maybe just the slight difference between a World Champion's mental strength and an almost drivers Mental Strength.

Might not be the case, but it looked as though a former World Champion was just able to keep his head that little bit better while Webber couldn't quite get it.

As for Vettel, this could show he has that strength and should win a few Championships down the line(or this year).

If Webber can win the World Championship tomorrow he will have fully earned it and I will eat my words. :)

Good Luck Mark :)

ZEROX
13th November 2010, 23:58
Ganbatte Webber!

After all those tough years, you deserve to win the championship!
Even if you don't. It's still awesome! :D

Rollo
14th November 2010, 14:49
Quite frankly I don't think Webber has a WDC in him. He's probably as good as Gerhard Berger was or even DC. Webber would make a solid number 2 behind the champion.

Five years of hindsight... Webber has made a solid number 2 behind the champion.

I'm still not eating my hat yet.

ioan
14th November 2010, 14:52
He was delusional today, incredibly lackluster. Alonso had 5 or 6 mistakes yet Webber was nowhere!

markabilly
14th November 2010, 15:07
I think you are right, but the reason, maybe is like massa, he got the news that he was number two in brazil......so instead of one point behind he was further behind, and then he never seemed to have it.

It is one thing to have to pass FA for one point to take a WDC, it is another to do it as a gesture of helping Vettel

Was it something with the car and its setup? maybe...opps better get my tin cap on first.

But when they did the sacrifice that pulled Ferrari into flipping out, hummm......

F1boat
14th November 2010, 15:08
Webbo is a good guy. Never had a chance in the team which at least emotinally attached so much to the golden boy. Thanks to him for the good fight against an inevitable fate, too.

truefan72
14th November 2010, 15:12
It is true that Webber was slighted by his team. But ultimately he could not bring it when it mattered the most. He should not have gone into the pits that early (it was his call sort off) and could not pass alonso on track with arguably a faster car.

Anyway, I look forward to where he will end up next year. Strangely enough, I think this loss will most likely keep him at RBR next year.

veeten
14th November 2010, 15:18
I think we can safely say that this is it for Webber & Red Bull. There was just too much water under the bridge this season, and I believe there will be an announcement of his leaving the team in the next few weeks.

No teary eyes, but no acrymony either. Just a few words and a couple of questions from the press, and that's it. A new co-driver will be selected, well in advance, to work with Vettel for the coming season.

For Webber, it'll be either with another team or on to 'greener pastures' in racing.

F1boat
14th November 2010, 15:26
Can he go to the V8 Supercars championship?

steveaki13
14th November 2010, 15:35
I have a feeling we may have seen the last of Webber in an F1 car.

Lets wait and see.

ioan
14th November 2010, 16:45
I have a feeling we may have seen the last of Webber in an F1 car.

Lets wait and see.

Unless he decides to retire he should easily find another racing seat in F1.

Cooper_S
14th November 2010, 17:44
Webber will be in his RB7 next year... with #2 on the car so he will know his place within the team... simple

Azumanga Davo
14th November 2010, 18:01
Time to put someone in the car who can perform with consistency.

RJL25
14th November 2010, 18:23
Time to put someone in the car who can perform with consistency.

he finnished third in the championship mate, hardly that bad

Cooper_S
14th November 2010, 19:17
Vettel has hardly been consistant all season, nor Alonso or Hamilton for that matter.

Anubis
14th November 2010, 19:38
Vettel has hardly been consistant all season, nor Alonso or Hamilton for that matter.

None of them have, that's what's made it such a good season for me. They've all made stupid mistakes or had races where they've been oddly off the boil. I think the fact the Red Bulls hadn't sewn it up several races ago is testimony to that.

555-04Q2
15th November 2010, 05:32
Mark Webber...oh dear!

race_director
16th November 2010, 20:30
Dear Mark!

Another angle for you.

Quali second, then hold out Fernando for the whole race. Seb will let you through on the last lap.

Whatever you do, don't head to the front too soon. Seb cannot take the pressure of Nando behind him. He can't hold Nando off when there is a WDC on the line for Nando. You'll need to do that for yourself.

Don't leave it up to Seb to hold out Alonso!

Cheers, Ari.

sorry mate

Nando could not even pass Petro. he is jst a paper tiger.