PDA

View Full Version : Senna signs for 1Malaysia-Lotus Racing?

Ranger
5th November 2010, 23:37
EDIT: Please move this to the silly season thread, not sure of the reliability of the source. :)

With Embratel sponsorship, Grande Prêmio can confirm that Senna will be Lotus's and will thus get rid from Hispania's nightmare, besides reediting a familiar partnership.

Without standing a chance between the established and midfield teams, already having their lineups confirmed for 2011, Bruno said this week that he was talking with four teams, being Renault, Virgin, Williams and Lotus.

Lotus was the only one with a dispensable driver, the unmotivated veteran Jarno Trulli.

Senna's nephew financial ballast is Embratel, ex-Brazilian state company bought in 2006 by Telmex, of billionaire Carlos Slim. Back then they started supporting Bruno, who raced in the British F3. The company's logo is still featured in his cap, overalls and car. Slim is also responsible for bringing Mexican Sergio Pérez to F1 sponsored by Telmex. The driver will race for Sauber next year.

The contract details between Senna and Lotus were settled about a month ago and the official announcement will be made after the end of the current season.
http://esporte.ig.com.br/grandepremio/formula1/2010/11/05/com+patrocinio+da+embratel+senna+acerta+co m+lotus+e+se+livra+da+hispania+9985064.html

---

Comments?

maximilian
8th November 2010, 01:16
If it's true, very bad move on the part of 1Malaysia. With the caliber drivers out there who may currently be looking for a seat depending on what happens in the market (I am thinking people like Heidfeld, Hulkenberg, Barrichello, etc.), Senna would be on the bottom of my list.

Senna still has done NOTHING this season to warrant staying in F1, not even for HRT. Klien kicked his butt again this weekend, and this doesn't bode well for the Brazilian at all.

ioan
8th November 2010, 22:51
Bruno who?!
I think he doesn't belong into F1.

ShiftingGears
9th November 2010, 07:33
Well, he's young and has a famous last name, unfortunately for Klien.

ShiftingGears
9th November 2010, 08:09
I meant younger, however I just discovered Bruno and Klien are the same age, so not even 'developing the younger driver' could be used as an excuse for Senna's hiring compared to Klien. Money talks.

Sleeper
9th November 2010, 19:12
Unlike others, I've been very impressed with Senna in the races (surely I'm not the only one who noticed that he kept with the faster Virgin of Di Grassi in Interlagos, and finished on Glocks tail) though his qualy pace has dropped off quite a bit recently. I dont trust the story much though, other reports sugest Jarno is on the verge of resigning for Lotus.

Stuartf12007
9th November 2010, 21:21
Bruno is a good driver, watch him become a race winner in the years to come

Nikki Katz
9th November 2010, 21:27
Bruno has a 10 year gap in his career, Klien is a lot more experienced.

I don't think he's bad and I'm sure he's better to come, but I wouldn't even consider dropping Trulli for him unless I had to.

Dave Stubbings
9th November 2010, 23:05
I hope Senna can go on to become a good F1 driver, this year's not really given him the opportunity in my opinion. He's done well to develop as well as he has in the past six years.

However I do agree that Lotus surely need the experience of Trulli for another year.

ioan
10th November 2010, 00:58

:rotflmao:

jens
10th November 2010, 09:03

Getting clearly outqualified by Klien twice, who is less familiar with the car, doesn't indicate any potential for race wins on merit. And even Klien isn't the kind of driver, who I'd consider taking over the current Lotus pairing.

Koz
11th November 2010, 11:19
Not so: http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/33591.html