PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Calendar finalised.

Ranger
4th November 2010, 01:41
20 rounds, Brazil back to the final round, as it should be. :up:

They just need to make Australia the first round again and it is a decent calendar. :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87893

13/03 Bahrain (Sakhir)
27/03 Australia (Melbourne)
10/04 Malaysia (Sepang)
17/04 China* (Shanghai)
08/05 Turkey (Istanbul Park)
22/05 Spain (Catalunya)
29/05 Monaco (Monaco)
12/06 Canada (Montreal)
26/06 Europe (Valencia)
10/07 Great Britain (Silverstone)
24/07 Germany (Nurburgring)
31/07 Hungary (Hungaroring)
28/08 Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
11/09 Italy (Monza)
25/09 Singapore (Marina Bay)
09/10 Japan (Suzuka)
16/10 Korea (Yeongam)
30/10 India* (Noida)
13/11 Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)
27/11 Brazil (Interlagos)

gloomyDAY
4th November 2010, 03:55
Boooooooo @ starting the season in a sand ridden inferno

Yay @ Brazil GP ending the season!!

555-04Q2
4th November 2010, 05:30
Its gonna be a long season for F1 next year :s hock:

I agree with gloomy, good to see Brazil is the last GP of the season :up:

Arjuna
4th November 2010, 06:36
20 races sounds great, it would shorten the off season. Opening race of desert rose, welcome to the sport Noida. Two races more instead of currently existing seems acceptable. In the future we may see more Marina..

Does it make sense for Brazil being the last or second to the last race?. :)

pino
4th November 2010, 06:46
Great calendar...except for Valencia :s

F1boat
4th November 2010, 07:01
Nice calendar...

Big Ben
4th November 2010, 07:37
Isn't Brazil the last race of the season until Abu Dhabi buys it from them? (or whatever they do)

I wonder just how many gps can a f1 season have? 25 races with the traditional 2 weeks break between each event would take almost an entire year. That would work only if back to back races became the norm. As an F1 fan I'd say the more the merrier but I think we got pretty close to the edge now.

Mark
4th November 2010, 08:20
Don't mind Bahrain as a track, but I agree it shouldn't be the first race, Melbourne should do that. The mistake they make was allowing the race to be pushed back one year for the commonwealth games, once you give up that spot once...

Can't say I'm a big fan of Valencia either, ditch that and put San Marino in instead, that was always best as the first race of the European season.

pino
4th November 2010, 08:40
Yes bring back San Marino ! :D

wattoroos
4th November 2010, 09:05
if anyone is wondering why china has an * after it, its because they need to upgrade the facilities or they wont race their anymore.

anyway looks like a fairly good calender, good to brazil last again and i also wish the aus gp was first but im going to the gp so im happy anyway :D

I am evil Homer
4th November 2010, 09:26
Also Bahrain goes back to its 'classic' configuration for 2011 and not that mickey mouse sportscars section they raced on this year.

Mark
4th November 2010, 11:48
* Subject to circuit approval

schmenke
4th November 2010, 13:21
...Can't say I'm a big fan of Valencia either, ditch that and put San Marino in instead, ...

I'd go for that :up:

Sonic
4th November 2010, 13:36
Yes. Yes. Yes! Formula One from March to almost December. Wicked!

Tazio
4th November 2010, 13:57
Also Bahrain goes back to its 'classic' configuration for 2011 and not that mickey mouse sportscars section they raced on this year.And that is there last testing track, with the testing ending one week before the race.

ykiki
4th November 2010, 15:27
So in 2012, does Valencia go away and it's spot taken by the USGP so you can have back-to-back races in North America? Will we see a wholesale shuffle with races like Turkey and/or China removed when the US & Russia get added? Does Valencia get shifted to a different date or go away?

Sonic
4th November 2010, 15:44
^^^^

I can't see China going anywhere - it's far too important a marker for the sponsors and manufactures. Turkey is probably most at risk - doesn't it's contact run out next year?

Shifter
4th November 2010, 16:28
I think it's really funny, when you look at the complex on the pit straight, that China wouldn't have the 'facilities'. Could they be talking instead about the condition of the track surface?

Bezza
5th November 2010, 08:59
Judging by F1 2010, there are three mickey-mouse tracks in F1 at the moment, they are:

Bahrain, Valencia and Singapore. They have no soul, no character, they are very stop-start, whoevever designed them needs shooting...

I would be happy with 17 races and ditch these three, especially Borerain!

Mark
5th November 2010, 09:10
Both Singapore and Valencia look great on paper, but when converted to race tracks with large barriers and catch fencing they look horrid. Especially Singapore where holding it at night means the barriers are all you can see! I think Singapore would be better as a day race!

Bahrain I dunno, it's just not an interesting track!

Shifter
5th November 2010, 19:11
Getting rid of the '3 kerb' section would go a long way towards improving Singapore.

Sonic
5th November 2010, 20:23
^^^ no doubt. But theres just no run off there.

steveaki13
5th November 2010, 21:35
I personally would keep Singapore in my dream Calender, I quite like the circuit. Would ditch Bahrain, Turkey, Valencia and UAE.

Put in a French, San Marino, US and Argentine GP

Duchess
6th November 2010, 22:07
Ugh, in my dream calendar there would be no Bahrain, Turkey, Valencia or Barca. Bring back San Marino, Kyalami (if it's raceable), and maybe Argentina. Perhaps take out Hockenheim too, it's just not the same as it used to be.

I like Singapore except for that 3 kerb chicane-y bit. The cars under the lights look fantastic and it's a serious challenge for the drivers.

ShiftingGears
7th November 2010, 01:32
Ugh, in my dream calendar there would be no Bahrain, Turkey, Valencia or Barca. Bring back San Marino, Kyalami (if it's raceable)

Why Kyalami? It's not as if its the magnificent flowing circuit that everyone loved in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZrBNsuMZc

Duchess
7th November 2010, 02:43
Why Kyalami? It's not as if its the magnificent flowing circuit that everyone loved in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZrBNsuMZc

I know, but one can dream that the old track is still alive and kicking right? :(

gloomyDAY
7th November 2010, 04:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZrBNsuMZc*sigh* I wasn't even alive when the last GP was held. Barbecue Bend looks amazing in that footage.

I'm just happy that Spa is still on the schedule. That track goes out, then I'd probably be more disinterested in F1.

UltimateDanGTR
7th November 2010, 08:26
Well if we are talking about our ideal F1 calendars (which happily seems to occur quite often) I say ditch Circuit de Catalunya and move up the road to Montjuich Park :D

wattoroos
7th November 2010, 08:55
all i would want is bahrain to leave the calender and start with melbourne and then got to adelaide for the oceania grand prix or something. maybe a little bias with me being from aus though ;)

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 14:40
Forgot about Adelaide. Would love to see it return.

It always seemed to lead to action filled races. Just as Valencia seems to repell them.