PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Macau

MrMetro
3rd November 2010, 15:30
Well, the WTCC might be bad at times, but if there is one positive thing about it, then its the last race of the year: Macau. IMO, its the best street circuit in the world, better than Monaco.

Colin Turkington will be present again, local driver André Couto will be drving for the Sunred team, driving a Seat Leon TDI, and another Macua diver will be present, Henry Ho Wai Kun. Robert Dahlgren will again be driving for Volvo.

Les
7th November 2010, 13:49
it is going to be a nailbiter and so early in the morning

MrMetro
8th November 2010, 13:00
it is going to be a nailbiter and so early in the morning

Indeed, I'll be watching the rerun later in the day (I would Sky + the live one but the program will most likely overrun and not record)

F1boat
15th November 2010, 15:55
I'll likely watch the rerun, it is very, very early. But the track is great and I hope that the race will be fun.

Dave B
15th November 2010, 16:34
Indeed, I'll be watching the rerun later in the day (I would Sky + the live one but the program will most likely overrun and not record)
Golden rule with Eurosport: always record the following programme or manually set a massive over-run as their scheduling is dire.

ryan92
16th November 2010, 17:58
Golden rule with Eurosport: always record the following programme or manually set a massive over-run as their scheduling is dire.

Just been checking the tv guide for sunday, looks like I'll be recording 2 hours of teleshopping :laugh:

Dave B
17th November 2010, 16:54
Just been checking the tv guide for sunday, looks like I'll be recording 2 hours of teleshopping :laugh:

That's weird: Eurosport (410) seem to have the first race live before switching to teleshopping, opting to show race two delayed at 7:30am.

Yet Eurosport HD (412) are showing both races live, followed immediately by the repeat of race two.

SD viewers steer clear of the forum for a couple of hours in case people like me spoil it by giving away the results! :p

(I shall also be avoiding Friendface and Chitter for the same reasons ;) )

ryan92
17th November 2010, 17:28
That's weird: Eurosport (410) seem to have the first race live before switching to teleshopping, opting to show race two delayed at 7:30am.

Yet Eurosport HD (412) are showing both races live, followed immediately by the repeat of race two.

SD viewers steer clear of the forum for a couple of hours in case people like me spoil it by giving away the results! :p

(I shall also be avoiding Friendface and Chitter for the same reasons ;) )

Well on Yahoo's tv guide, the second race follows direct after the first, then teleshopping.

:confused:

UltimateDanGTR
19th November 2010, 18:35
so, after today's shambles of Q1, Q2 is now on saturday. (I dont get why Quali isnt on saturdays anyway...)

WTCC just becomes more and more of a joke...

Iain
20th November 2010, 06:53
so, after today's shambles of Q1, Q2 is now on saturday. (I dont get why Quali isnt on saturdays anyway...)

WTCC just becomes more and more of a joke...

It's nothing to do with the WTCC. It's just the way things traditionally run at the Macau GP.

UltimateDanGTR
20th November 2010, 08:26
It's nothing to do with the WTCC. It's just the way things traditionally run at the Macau GP.

Maybe, but it doesn't put the WTCC in a good light.

Iain
20th November 2010, 16:34
How does it? It's not a WTCC meeting, it's the Macau GP where they are one of the categories taking part. They aren't the big fish in the small pond like they usually are, they're a sideshow to the F3 and motorbike races.

UltimateDanGTR
20th November 2010, 22:20
How does it? It's not a WTCC meeting, it's the Macau GP where they are one of the categories taking part. They aren't the big fish in the small pond like they usually are, they're a sideshow to the F3 and motorbike races.

It doesn't matter whose fault it is, the fact is this weekend with the quali shambles the WTCC isn't painted in a very good light. sad but true.

F1boat
21st November 2010, 08:12
I don't think that many people care about the WTCC qualy. I watched race 2 and it was entertaining. This is the important thing IMO.