PDA

View Full Version : Marc Marquez

CaptainRaiden
2nd November 2010, 08:22
I have a feeling this kid is going to be a force to reckon with when, not if, he gets to MotoGP. For those who saw the 125 CC race at Estoril, were you not blown away by this kid's talent? Marc Marquez was AMAZING in that race. I think one of the best displays of pure racing speed and tenacity shown by anybody, and one of the best 125cc races I have ever seen. Anybody who saw the whole thing, with the race stoppage, then the restart etc. knows I'm not overrating his effort.

Crashing while on the sighting lap for the restart, making absolute horlicks of his championship chances. Goes back to the pit lane with broken fairing and 5 minutes remaining, where his team literally rebuild the whole bike with a new fairing and exhaust within 2 minutes. Starting the 9 lap race right at the back of the grid. Shooting from 17th to 4th by the first corner, without a jump start, catches up to the leaders within 3 laps, getting balked by Bradley Smith doing his teammate Terol a favor, and then overtaking for the lead on the last lap. Jesus, that was some thrilling stuff!

And it's not that his Derbi (modded Aprilia) is that much better than the factory Aspar Aprilias, the kid just has this amazing raw speed. Made Terol and Smith look pretty ordinary on similar machinery.

Like Toby and Julian said in the commentary box, this is what champions do.

jonny hurlock
6th November 2010, 17:06
will win the championship, imo a driver for the future, btw that 125cc race was great

NinjaMaster
8th November 2010, 12:35
He is an amazing talent. And assuming that Poggiali syndrome doesn't occur, you would think he's in for a very successful career. That said, there is a lot of young talent around and people mature at different rates so I don't think he'll necessarily always have things all his own way against the like of Terol, Pol Espagaro, Bradley Smith and Scott Redding to name a few. We are very privileged to witness such talent in full flight.

Allyc85
9th November 2010, 18:58
All I can say is genius, its amazing that with all his wins the title wasnt wrapped up before hand!