PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Grand Prix

steveaki13
2nd November 2010, 07:44
Just thought it was about time we had the official thread.

Sonic
2nd November 2010, 08:10
Indeedy. Another title showdown (possibly) in Brazil.

The high altitude could really screw with those poor souls with only geriatric engines left.

Sonic
2nd November 2010, 08:28
Indeedy. Another title showdown (possibly) in Brazil.

The high altitude could really screw with those poor souls with only geriatric engines left.

555-04Q2
2nd November 2010, 10:13
I love the Brazilian GP. It is my second favorite F1 track after Spa.

Ferrari are always strong here so we should have a great fight between Ferrari and Red Bull for pole and the race win with Macca right behind. It's gonna be a humdinger of a race!!!

Big Ben
2nd November 2010, 10:52
Easy big fellow... the ferrari engine is gonna blow again...

how great would it be if no ferrari engine will fail in the last couple of races... so so sweet!

TheFamousEccles
2nd November 2010, 10:57
Ha Ha - he said "brazilian" :dork:

TheFamousEccles
2nd November 2010, 10:58
Ok, sorry. I'll go to my room now.

Ranger
2nd November 2010, 11:58
Never has it not been worth the 3am wakeup. :D

Still wish it was the final round though!

Tazio
2nd November 2010, 13:35
Easy big fellow... the ferrari engine is gonna blow again...

how great would it be if no ferrari engine will fail in the last couple of races... so so sweet! As much as I'd like to see it happen I don't think it is likely. The only lump Fred has with less than three races on it is #8 which they broke out for Monza. It only has one race on it but it was a torturous one as Fred spent the majority of the race staying in touch with Button.
Plus the fact that Monza is the hardest race on engines. I suppose if he qualified that one on the front two rows in the last race
he may be able to nurse it home depending on how many points he needs. I think we are in for a real flurry of action in these last two races.
Brazil is going to be a real deal maker or breaker for Fred IMO :uhoh: :)

Here is a sumary of Freds's engine usage:

#1: Did qualifying in Bahrain, was then assigned to practice sessions and expired in FP at China.
#2: Did race at Bahrain and China
#3: Australia and Malaysia (expired in the latter)
#4: Spain, Monaco and Turkey
#5: Canada, Europe and Great Britain
#6: Germany, Hungary and Singapore
#7: Belgium, Japan and Korea
#8: Monza

#8 will do the remaining 2 races.

F1boat
2nd November 2010, 16:01
If it is wet, lottery again. I keep my fingers crossed for Fernando Alonso and Ferrari.

Valve Bounce
2nd November 2010, 22:46
Can somebody please give us a link to the anticipated weather. Thanks.

Like thunderstorm for quals :eek:

ShiftingGears
2nd November 2010, 23:45
The Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos has been great to watch since I started watching F1 in 2006. The atmosphere is incredible, it's fast, flowing, nice changes in elevation, makes for eventful races...it's brilliant.

Cannot wait for this one.

Duchess
3rd November 2010, 02:52
I love Brazil because it's a race where I finally don't have to stay awake all night to watch! Also crossing fingers for Alonso & Webber, but this should be a cracker of a race. Won't be checking the projected weather until later in the week; it's not exactly accurate this early anyway.

Tazio
3rd November 2010, 04:01
Won't be checking the projected weather until later in the week; it's not exactly accurate this early anyway.

That doesn't mean the prospects won't be ripping your guts out. :p
Untill then,
Ciao Bella

steveaki13
3rd November 2010, 07:30
For those who want to know.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5010

Valve Bounce
3rd November 2010, 08:29
Wow you are fairly new to the sport. Glad you got the buzz. :)

It has not been easy for us in Oz. We havn't had direct telecasts until last year here. I remember going onto the chat forum and guys there would give us links which would conk out half way though, and then we'd try a different link and have to listen to commentary in Spanish.

Things have improved greatly here since we have channel 1 HD which gives direct telecasts, and I bought a digital flat screen Sony TV a year ago.

I guess that is why I have never complained about our telecasts in Oz, because we never had any direct telecasts until around a year ago.

wattoroos
3rd November 2010, 08:52
should be close between the front runners as the track benefits all the top teams in one way. also if you ever need to check the weather on formulaone.com always has the weather about 3-4 days out from a gp. Gotta get up early, though it should be totally worth it, hope webber beats alonso so it comes down to who ever wins in abu dhabi ehich to me looks like a ferrari track except for the first sector.

Hondo
3rd November 2010, 09:13
If you want to make the race a real spectacle, put new engines in the Red Bulls, Ferraris, and McLarens and let all of them take a 10 place grid penalty.

ShiftingGears
3rd November 2010, 11:22
Wow you are fairly new to the sport. Glad you got the buzz. :)

So am I :p :

ShiftingGears
3rd November 2010, 11:25
It has not been easy for us in Oz. We havn't had direct telecasts until last year here. I remember going onto the chat forum and guys there would give us links which would conk out half way though, and then we'd try a different link and have to listen to commentary in Spanish.

Things have improved greatly here since we have channel 1 HD which gives direct telecasts, and I bought a digital flat screen Sony TV a year ago.

I guess that is why I have never complained about our telecasts in Oz, because we never had any direct telecasts until around a year ago.

The number of times the qualifying/race coverage was delayed even further than their scheduled broadcast time by Big Brother Uncut running overtime by at least 20 minutes was quite trying, to say the least. I'm glad that with OneHD, Ten are actually doing a decent job.

wattoroos
4th November 2010, 08:53
The number of times the qualifying/race coverage was delayed even further than their scheduled broadcast time by Big Brother Uncut running overtime by at least 20 minutes was quite trying, to say the least. I'm glad that with OneHD, Ten are actually doing a decent job.

although, correct if im wrong ten showed the telecast live last year and onehd showed it at around 6am. maybe because 6am is a more convenient time but i dont know what they will do this year as they have thier 1 hour pre-race show

ArrowsFA1
4th November 2010, 12:32
Emerson Fittipaldi warms up for the Brazilian GP - part of the celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of his first F1 win:

kT8k6rmjOrc

Tazio
4th November 2010, 12:59
Emerson Fittipaldi warms up for the Brazilian GP - part of the celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of his first F1 win:

kT8k6rmjOrcJezzus H Christ that Lotus was screaming when Emo took off.
I had my head phones on as it is quite early here.
It about blew my brains out. :eek:

Sweet car, nice vid :up:

Valve Bounce
5th November 2010, 03:50
Bloody hell!!! :( everything is on in the middle of the night here. :(

Tazio
5th November 2010, 04:16
Bloody hell!!! :( everything is on in the middle of the night here. :( 08:am Pacific Daylight Time over here Valve
I'm hooking up with Gloomy at a Dive in S.D. Any and all enthusiasts are welcome to join us in sunny So Cal
I think he is still pulling hard for Kettle and of course I hoping Fred is down with his bad self.

Donney
5th November 2010, 07:33
Damn! That was a beautiful machine and a gorgeous sound!!!!

ShiftingGears
5th November 2010, 07:37

kT8k6rmjOrc

Fantastic car.

I always thought it was a shame Emerson never tried to get himself into top class machinery after 1974 - I think he had another few championships in him. A class act.

Tazio
5th November 2010, 13:19
petrov eats the wall!

N4D13
5th November 2010, 13:38
Well, stopping on the track in FP1 is not something to be happy about. Any clue about what might have happened to Alonso? I don't think it really sounded like an engine problem - maybe it was hydraulics?

Retro Formula 1
5th November 2010, 14:17
My most memorable toy as a kid was a battered JPS Lotus. It still is one of the most beautiful cars ever built and why I have been condemned to a lifetime F1 fan.

You can choose your friends and shoot your family but once hydrocarbons and decibels get into you, your buggered :)

Sonic
5th November 2010, 14:32
My most memorable toy as a kid was a battered JPS Lotus. It still is one of the most beautiful cars ever built and why I have been condemned to a lifetime F1 fan.

You can choose your friends and shoot your family but once hydrocarbons and decibels get into you, your buggered :)

Amen Brother. Testify!

Tazio
5th November 2010, 14:36
Well, stopping on the track in FP1 is not something to be happy about. Any clue about what might have happened to Alonso? I don't think it really sounded like an engine problem - maybe it was hydraulics?His engine expired.

13:34 Ferrari had already planned to change Alonso's engine after the session, with the championship leader very tight on remaining motor life.

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/291

AndyL
5th November 2010, 15:09
His engine expired.

http://live.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/291

Just 2 laps earlier than expected according to a tweet from one of the BBC people... I'm amazed they can predict it that accurately.

Dave B
5th November 2010, 15:16
Petrov's crash apparently caused by a failure of his f-duct robbing downforce. His day gets worse, he's been penalised for speeding in the pit lane.

N4D13
5th November 2010, 15:17
Just 2 laps earlier than expected according to a tweet from one of the BBC people... I'm amazed they can predict it that accurately.
:eek:

i_max2k2
5th November 2010, 16:31
Anyone in or around Denver, CO, this is definitely a gp to go and watch in a sports cafe! :)

i_max2k2
5th November 2010, 16:34

So are they changing to an older engine or a new one, I wanna see a penalty! :D

V12
5th November 2010, 16:42
Part of me wants Alonso to wrap it up here, not that I particularly want him to win the title, but I'd rather the title be decided at a proper track with a proper atmosphere, like the last 3 years.

i_max2k2
5th November 2010, 16:51
Part of me wants Alonso to wrap it up here, not that I particularly want him to win the title, but I'd rather the title be decided at a proper track with a proper atmosphere, like the last 3 years.

I dont know if there is a permutation in which the title can be wrapped up by Webber in this race, most likely not, I guess a DNF from Alonso and a win from Webber will take him much closer to the title...

steveaki13
5th November 2010, 21:18
Alonso is 11 ahead I think, so Webber could only be 14 ahead.

Only Alonso can wrap the title up here.

steveaki13
5th November 2010, 21:20

I agree it would be good to see the title finished at a fitting venue, but the final round in Abu Dabi it will have to be for me as it is the last round.

Glad Interlagos is the last round next year.

Valve Bounce
5th November 2010, 23:57

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

V12
6th November 2010, 00:15
I agree it would be good to see the title finished at a fitting venue, but the final round in Abu Dabi it will have to be for me as it is the last round.

Glad Interlagos is the last round next year.

Didn't actually know that (shows how much attention I pay these days) great news!

Now we just need to get Melbourne back ahead of Bahrain to be the season opener, and all sorted!

ShiftingGears
6th November 2010, 01:11
The big question right now is:

Will Vettel get the call?

wattoroos
6th November 2010, 06:52
i think we are looking at red bull front row, which is almost a given with maybe alonso or a mclaren in there but vettel will probaly not directly move out of the way, they would do a change at pit stops to help webber if they are considering it, but as always getting up at 3am for this grandprix is worth it

Valve Bounce
6th November 2010, 07:52
i think we are looking at red bull front row, which is almost a given with maybe alonso or a mclaren in there but vettel will probaly not directly move out of the way, they would do a change at pit stops to help webber if they are considering it, but as always getting up at 3am for this grandprix is worth it

The weather forecast is for rain for Quals. Now, assuming Vettel is on pole, what is he going to do? Cut off Alonso, or go for broke and let Webber look after himself as he slides down teh order after another abysmal start?

Personally, I hope Vettel goes for broke, and if he wins, then he has a chance vs Alonso for the WDC.

I cannot stand contrived championship wins - and handing Webber a win on the platter is not my idea of fair play.

Ranger
6th November 2010, 08:03
I cannot stand contrived championship wins - and handing Webber a win on the platter is not my idea of fair play.

No chance of that.

Vettel appeared to confirm his total reluctance to adopt a supportive approach with a mocking comment in the German press that has reportedly angered his Australian teammate.

When asked if he is going to help Webber this weekend, he answered: "I don’t go onto the track to provide first-aid to someone.

"I think there are enough ambulances around the circuit for that."
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Alonso-hopes-Red-Bull-maintains-driver-equality.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23formula1

Greenman
6th November 2010, 08:38

- If Alonso wins in Brazil, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than fourth

- If Alonso is second, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than eighth, Hamilton higher than fourth or Vettel wins

- If Alonso is third, he will be champion unless Webber finishes in the top 10, Hamilton in the top four and Vettel in the top three

- If Alonso does not finish on the podium, it will go to Abu Dhabi

- Button can only stay in contention if he finishes first or second but is out if Alonso finishes in the top six or if Webber is in the top two

- Vettel must beat Alonso on track to stay in contention

Valve Bounce
6th November 2010, 10:30
- If Alonso wins in Brazil, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than fourth

- If Alonso is second, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than eighth, Hamilton higher than fourth or Vettel wins

- If Alonso is third, he will be champion unless Webber finishes in the top 10, Hamilton in the top four and Vettel in the top three

- If Alonso does not finish on the podium, it will go to Abu Dhabi

- Button can only stay in contention if he finishes first or second but is out if Alonso finishes in the top six or if Webber is in the top two

- Vettel must beat Alonso on track to stay in contention

Nice work :up:

Ranger
6th November 2010, 17:04
Brilliant pole for Hulkenberg! :D Smashed 'em!

I am evil Homer
6th November 2010, 17:05
Yep took a gamble and then flew for two laps while others tripped up. Great result.

Dave B
6th November 2010, 17:08
Incredible Hulk :D

jonny hurlock
6th November 2010, 17:09
a feel good moment for the season. hulk on pole and a williams cozza on pole

UltimateDanGTR
6th November 2010, 17:09
Fantastic-Hulkenberg on pole by over a second after a great qualifying.

Thoroughly deserved-he and the Williams team did a perfect job. Congrats to Nico!

Everyone has gotta be pleased for williams-first pole in 5 years. as a side note, kudos point for anyone who remembers the last time a cosworth was on pole.

Im glad the 3 main chasers are ahead of Alonso, should make for a great race tommorrow (as always in Brazil really).

Good luck for Hulkenberg tommorrow-He'll need something special to win the race, but he can get a good result.

Easy Drifter
6th November 2010, 17:12
Not bad with a boat anchor for an engine, at least according to many before the season started. I wasn't one of them.
Seems there is not much wrong with the Cosworth.
It was a brilliant drive, no question.

fandango
6th November 2010, 17:19
Great stuff from the Hulk. Excellent drive by Hamilton, too. It just didn't come together for Ferrari, but the race will be different if it's dry. Good qualy by Schumacher, too - properly ahead of Rosberg for a change.

DexDexter
6th November 2010, 17:20
What a performance from Nico. He made everybody else look like taxi drivers. BTW he is HULKENBERG.

fandango
6th November 2010, 17:22
Hulkenberg's car control in the replay reminded me of oul' crazy Alesi.

UltimateDanGTR
6th November 2010, 17:28
as a side note, kudos point for anyone who remembers the last time a cosworth was on pole.

I'll answer my own question;

I think (and I stress, think) It was Keke Rosberg, 1983, fittingly in a Williams-Cosworth in Brazil at jacarepagau.

someone prove me wrong If I am.

rjbetty
6th November 2010, 17:54
Rubens Barrichello, French GP 1999?

EDIT: OH EXCUSE ME, THAT WAS A FORD!

fandango: yeah! The kind of pole Alesi might have got.

UltimateDanGTR
6th November 2010, 18:56
Rubens Barrichello, French GP 1999?

EDIT: OH EXCUSE ME, THAT WAS A FORD!

yes, the Ford/Cosworth situation over the years has always seemed to confuse matters. whether that Ford unit in the back of the Stewart in 1999 was actually a cosworth, I forget.

truefan72
6th November 2010, 23:04
Great stuff from the Hulk. Excellent drive by Hamilton, too. It just didn't come together for Ferrari, but the race will be different if it's dry. Good qualy by Schumacher, too - properly ahead of Rosberg for a change.

agree with the entire post :up:

truefan72
6th November 2010, 23:05
I actually stood up and applauded Nico. That was pretty awesome

wattoroos
7th November 2010, 02:57
this pole from hulkenburg reminds me of fisichellas pole in spa last year. what a lap, it wasnt a fluke either he kept putting in good consistent laps after that and hopefully he gets a podium

fandango
7th November 2010, 12:00
So what can we expect? I reckon Vettel will be P1 by the first corner, so Webber is under a bit of pressure. If he's held up by Hulkenberg he'll have a lot of chopping at his heels from Hamilton and others. I expect Alonso will try to get away cleanly above all, but he'll be wary of Schumacher, who may try a sutil challenge (sutil/subtle irony, geddit...?)

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 14:56
Webber and Alonso can't afford to take crazy risks early on to pass Hulky. So if Webber comes up on him any (Legal) squeeze he puts Webber under, will mean Webber will have to be carefull and yield surely.

UltimateDanGTR
7th November 2010, 17:49
good race with some good battles in the midfield.

Roll on Abu Dhabi in a week.

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 18:00
The race was good.

The first 20 odd laps were full of incident. Then from 25-45 was a little lacklustre and if on que Liuzzi put it in the wall and left the last 20 laps as a nose to tail scrap with lapped cars battling the Mercedes.

Great Fun. :p :

Daika
7th November 2010, 18:16
I just don't get how Schumacher fighting for place between 4-6 before pitstop always ends up around 8/9/10th place after pitstop. Rosberg is in the same position but after pistop remains or even gain places. Mind you Schumacher was faster then Rosberg before the pitstop. Can't Schumacher handle the new tyres after the pitstop? or is his engineer just stupid?

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 18:20
I just don't get how Schumacher fighting for place between 4-6 before pitstop always ends up around 8/9/10th place after pitstop. Rosberg is in the same position but after pistop remains or even gain places. Mind you Schumacher was faster then Rosberg before the pitstop. Can't Schumacher handle the new tyres after the pitstop? or is his engineer just stupid?

I think today Schumi pitted 3 laps earlier and was stuck behind erm... Petrov and Sutil, while Rosberg exit the pits just ahead of both of them after putting in a few quick laps while Schumi was held up. Then pulled away as Schumi was unable to get past Sutil. So a bit of poor strategy in the timing of Michaels stop I think.

Daika
7th November 2010, 18:28
I think today Schumi pitted 3 laps earlier and was stuck behind erm... Petrov and Sutil, while Rosberg exit the pits just ahead of both of them after putting in a few quick laps while Schumi was held up. Then pulled away as Schumi was unable to get past Sutil. So a bit of poor strategy in the timing of Michaels stop I think.

Not today but always, that must be the 10th he is stuck behind them. They can avoid that with smart thinking i assume? It is not luck that Rosberg always gains after pit stops and Schumacher always get stuck behind a Sutil, Hulkenberg or Kobi. I doubt that Rosberg is simply faster than Schumacher because Schumacher is ahead of Rosberg before the first pitstop, most of the time if not all of the time Rosberg beats Schumacher after the pit stops.

AndyL
7th November 2010, 18:33
Yes Michael lost a lot of time stuck behind Sutil.

TMorel
7th November 2010, 18:46
Schumi said he couldn't get past Sutil so swapped places with Nico who had fresher tyres for him to have a try and attack

Dave B
7th November 2010, 18:46
Schumi said he couldn't get past Sutil so swapped places with Nico who had fresher tyres for him to have a try and attack
Cheats! Ban them!

:D

steveaki13
7th November 2010, 18:48
Cheats! Ban them!

:D

:p

Bet he wishes he hadn't now, as Rosberg was so held up that he made no further places and with the traffic Schumi could have got a few more points.

mstillhere
8th November 2010, 02:43
What happend to McLaren today and lately? Despite the constant belligerant news about costnt updates and LH being to be fourth and Button way in the back, I can't help but ask:when and why McLaren dropped the ball? I am not beleiving for a second that they continued the developpment of the car getting such small results in return. I remeber a couple weeks ago they got RB and Ferrari in trouble complanning about wings flexing etc but what did they have under the hood?
I really feel bad for Button. He pretty much ended up the same way his predecessor ended up. LH the golden boy unable to really challenge Alonso never mind teh RBs.

Thinking of next year are they going to still have a Mercedes engine or it's going to be a Cosworth?

ShiftingGears
8th November 2010, 08:36
I really feel bad for Button. He pretty much ended up the same way his predecessor ended up.

No shame in being slower than Hamilton.

Wasted Talent
8th November 2010, 09:18
Interesting that Webber was having to hold back a few laps from the end until he was given the radio message "okay you can go flat out now".

Despite the safety car laps he was still underfuelled - might have been interesting for some cars if there had been no safety car.....

WT

mike.flynn
8th November 2010, 10:23
Button aparently nearly got car jacked on saturday when leaving qualifying, link below:
http://crashnet.cars.msn.co.uk/f1/news/164843/1/button_escapes_ambush_by_armed_robbers_in_brazil.h tml

(Apologies if this has already been posted, been working all weekend, only just heard about it)

AndyL
8th November 2010, 10:46
I really feel bad for Button. He pretty much ended up the same way his predecessor ended up.

I don't think that's really fair on Button. I can't think of many (in fact any) occasions when Kovalainen finished within a handful of seconds of Hamilton, which Button has done several times this season.

In fact he could have beaten Hamilton yesterday if he hadn't pitted under the safety car. His pace immediately before the safety car was significantly quicker than Hamilton's - he didn't seem to be suffering the same degree of tyre problems. With 18 laps to go and a huge queue of back markers between himself and Hamilton there's a good chance he could have held on for 4th place. Of course that would have meant both McLarens being eliminated from the WDC chase so wouldn't have been the right thing for the team.

mike.flynn
8th November 2010, 11:06
Some pic's here from the Brazilian GP, if anyone's interested;
http://www.facebook.com/motoringcouk?v=photos&ref=ts#!/motoringcouk

mstillhere
8th November 2010, 16:44
Where did you get the idea Mclaren were looking into a Cosworth engine for 2011?? Their current contract with Mercedes expires at the end of 2013, and that was covered quite extensively last November when Mercedes bought out Brawn GP. I seriously doubt Mclaren would consider Cosworth even if a Mercedes engine was out of the question.
Nowhere. just asking. i actually read somewhere that McLAren might be coming up with their own engine sometime in the future.

mstillhere
8th November 2010, 16:46
I don't think that's really fair on Button. I can't think of many (in fact any) occasions when Kovalainen finished within a handful of seconds of Hamilton, which Button has done several times this season.

In fact he could have beaten Hamilton yesterday if he hadn't pitted under the safety car. His pace immediately before the safety car was significantly quicker than Hamilton's - he didn't seem to be suffering the same degree of tyre problems. With 18 laps to go and a huge queue of back markers between himself and Hamilton there's a good chance he could have held on for 4th place. Of course that would have meant both McLarens being eliminated from the WDC chase so wouldn't have been the right thing for the team.

And that's exactly my question. Did he pit so that LH would retain the 4th spot? He did a great race but lately he has performed worse than he is capable of.

Big Ben
8th November 2010, 19:04
None at all, and on very rare occasions he's faster.
Button has done a lot better than expected against Lewis, and anyone who is suggesting he is being compromised all season needs a reality check. :)

I am one of those who thought he would do worse... however I think is a natural nº 2 to Hamilton. I am going to be surprised if he ever gets this close to LH in the future.

Mia 01
9th November 2010, 19:57
I was a bit suprised that Lewis letted Fernado thrue for the second race in the row, it seems like he is a bit insecure nowdays. And the car, he complained the whole race that he was lacking grip and that his F-duct was broken, then he pulls the fastest lap of the race.

Big Ben
9th November 2010, 21:33
I'd say Lewis made a mistake simple as that. I'm no phycologist, and whether he has low self esteem, body odour, insecurity, or perhaps he's just an awkward son of a gun I really don't know, but it has nothing to do with an unforced error any driver might make ffs. :rolleyes:

it's because of the balls... It's just hard to live with such big balls... not to mention the hormonal unbalance they produce :laugh: . don´t mind mia... her one liners are just like a commerical... by mennen!

DexDexter
10th November 2010, 07:44
Just admit it, the only reason you post here is to slag Hamilton off. Its incredibly frustrating to see a topic like this discussed with viable explanations bounced around and then see a post like yours come in long after the sensible discussions and throw any objectivity out of the window.

I'd say Lewis made a mistake simple as that. I'm no phycologist, and whether he has low self esteem, body odour, insecurity, or perhaps he's just an awkward son of a gun I really don't know, but it has nothing to do with an unforced error any driver might make ffs. :rolleyes:

Yep, he made a mistake but to me surprisingly many people think that was an exceptional pass by Alonso. :rolleyes:

wattoroos
10th November 2010, 07:52
None at all, and on very rare occasions he's faster.
Button has done a lot better than expected against Lewis, and anyone who is suggesting he is being compromised all season needs a reality check. :)
and at the start of the year, button led for a while and in australia he wiped the floor with everyone when he ran away and won and he seems to do quite exceptional in mixed conditions.
Also, Button is quite capable to do well with hamilton with a team mate but this years car would be buitl around lewis as he drove for the team and would of offered his opinion on improving the car where as jenson would have had little or no say in the type of driving style the car would compete better with.
so for his first year he has done remarkably well in maclaren

Tazio
10th November 2010, 10:54
Yep, he made a mistake but to me surprisingly many people think that was an exceptional pass by Alonso. :rolleyes:
I have not read any comment to that effect in this forum. Could you provide links and enlighten me to these members?

Big Ben
10th November 2010, 17:13
I have not read any comment to that effect in this forum. Could you provide links and enlighten me to these members?

what can you do? if Kimi doesn´t really give a $h1t it's only fair we have at least some of his countrymen being really sour about how things turned out.

Tazio
10th November 2010, 18:40
what can you do? if Kimi doesn´t really give a $h1t it's only fair we have at least some of his countrymen being really sour about how things turned out.

Dexter is a great asset to this forum. I think that the discussion of whether it was a legitimate racing pass or not was at the root of the issue. English not being his first language may have contributed to his assertion.
No one said it was spectacular.

DexDexter
10th November 2010, 21:52
Dexter is a great asset to this forum. I think that the discussion of whether it was a legitimate racing pass or not was at the root of the issue. English not being his first language may have contributed to his assertion.
No one said it was spectacular.

Mr. Alcatraz, I can assure you that my English (or lack of it) didn't any way influence my writing. I've studied my share of English verb patterns and grammar at university level and lived in England as well so you don't need to worry about my English skills affecting my writing. ;) So I overstated a little, big deal. Alonso is so overhyped compared to his overbashed predecessor that a little cynisism shouldn't harm anyone.

mstillhere
11th November 2010, 04:58

I don't