PDA

View Full Version : Track layout changes for Spa-Francorchamps

gofastandwynn
12th March 2007, 04:58
Looks like the Bus Stop has been removed and La Source moved down track.

http://etracksonline.co.uk/News/stories/news_id243.html

ShiftingGears
12th March 2007, 06:14
Ergh, I get rather toey about changes made to decent tracks... what was wrong with the bus stop in the first place? This seems to just serve as stopping the flow due to the cars having to slow further before the start finish straight...doesn't look good IMO.

cosmicpanda
12th March 2007, 06:40
Ergh, I get rather toey about changes made to decent tracks... what was wrong with the bus stop in the first place? This seems to just serve as stopping the flow due to the cars having to slow further before the start finish straight...doesn't look good IMO.

the old bus stop stopped the flow anyway.

K-Pu
12th March 2007, 06:53
WeŽll see how does this affect the race... but as asid before, if something is good at first, why do you change it?

VresiBerba
12th March 2007, 07:53
WeŽll see how does this affect the race... but as asid before, if something is good at first, why do you change it?

Because for the track to return to F1, Bernie demanded better facilities which is why they had to make a few changes around the pit area. Without those changes we probably would'nt have Spa this year at all, so I say it's a damn good thing.

F1boat
12th March 2007, 08:10
Jeez, another track ruined.

VresiBerba
12th March 2007, 08:17

Ruined :confused:

cosmicpanda
12th March 2007, 08:48

It's practically the same.

zoostation
12th March 2007, 08:54
tbh, i think the changes are fairly ok

lets face it, f1 cars would be soooo dangerous if the entered the start/finish line at spa without the bus stop. (considering the amount of time spent full throttle leading to it, and the general lack of room around the pit area)

wedge
12th March 2007, 13:58
They've kept the corner as a chicane which means there's still a large braking zone and therefore still an excellent place to overtake.

Can't see what people here are moaning about???

93VTEC
12th March 2007, 14:37
Why is changing one chicane ruining a track??? If you look at the percetage of change, it probably comes out to be less than 1% of the track. If anything changes by less than 1% I call that insignificant change.

People here just like to whine about things. IMHO

F1boat
12th March 2007, 15:32
I loved the Bus Stop, that's why I overreacted. I apologize.

Erki
12th March 2007, 15:49
Looks like the run down to Eau Rouge is longer now. Doesn't change much for F1 as they go though it flat anyway but could get interesting for sportscars.