PDA

View Full Version : Rahal Sponsorship Deal

booger
28th October 2010, 17:30
So is Sarah the real loser here for "doing the right thing" last season and putting Jr. Rahal in the drivers seat? The Rahal boys better head this off before it becomes a real pr nightmare for them. Of course, sponsors are stolen or wooed from team to team all the time, but unless we hear the whole story on this one, Sarah could cause these guys some real trouble. And one of the most dangerous times for a new sponsorship deal is right after they sign. Bad pr could send these guys packing before a wheel is ever turned.

Chris R
28th October 2010, 17:39
who "found" the sponsorship in the first place? Rahal or Fisher? I am guessing if the sponsor wanted to put that kind of money into it they put stipulation that the team had to be a "winner" - so my best guess is that SFR never had a shot at the big sponsorship deal... however, as you say, it would be good for all involved to lay out the details on the table just to avoid bad PR.....

jackmart
28th October 2010, 20:17
Yeah Graham was quote in the local Columbus paper saying this past year his been like a business course with all the different sponsors. He worked so hard and got that sponsor for him not for SFR. At the beginning of the year he could have had other deals but didn't want to be locked in to them so he wouldn't get NTB to sponsor him if he knew that meant he couldn't switch to another team. I don't understand why SF should be upset?

anthonyvop
2nd November 2010, 05:27
In the end it was the sponsors decision....So what is the problem?

Chamoo
2nd November 2010, 14:12
In the end it was the sponsors decision....So what is the problem?

Agreed. Sarah didn't have them signed for 2011.

booger
2nd November 2010, 17:03
It was my understanding that Sarah had NTB as an associate sponsor before Rahal signed to drive her car. I could be wrong, but the Rahal camp should still issue some news to clear it up before a non-story becomes a big story if that's the case.

Enjun Pullr
2nd November 2010, 17:18
TBC is the parent company of Tire Kingdom, which was the sponsor Jay Howard brought with him to SFR in Dec. 2009.

NTB, NTW, Big O Tire, etc. are all TBC companies.

jackmart
2nd November 2010, 18:33
So then he didn't "steal" it from Sarah he "stole" it for Jay Howard it seems.

So if a sponsor changes it mind I guess it is steal?

hmmmm

Nem14
4th November 2010, 00:32
What is it about auto racing forums that initials are used so frequently? 'Laughing Out Loud'

What prey tell is NTB, and NTW, and TBC? 'Scratches head'

I figured out that SF and SFR, is Sarah Fisher and Sarah Fisher Racing. 'Thumbs Up'

Enjun Pullr
4th November 2010, 00:41
Part of the confusion is thanks to TBC. Look up their web site, and all of the umbrella companies are listed. OK?

MDS
4th November 2010, 05:16
It's be honest, very few of us on this board know the details of Sarah Fisher Racing and Graham Rahal's relationship with TBC , and those that do aren't talking because they like having their jobs.

I have no insider information about this deal but Graham Rahal did not steal anyone's sponsor. TBC did not back out of a contract with Sarah Fisher, and Sarah Fisher did not bring TBC into the sport. The idea that TBC would have made a similar investment in Sarah Fisher Racing is baseless. They are paying for two names, Graham Rahal and whatever established team he lands with (I understand they may have come up with some more money to get a Ganassi ride, but that remains to be seen.)

Sarah made TBC a pitch and they decided to go with someone else, happens all the time in business. Nothing to see here.

SUBARUTEAM
5th November 2010, 02:11
so is it Rahal to Chips team in a 3rd car?. i must admit that i thought it was a preview of things to come when only 3 drivers turned up to the car show to present the delta wing to the world - dixie, dario and rahal.

Placid
22nd November 2010, 15:04
Another source is that Chip will have a Junior team and a 4th car for Charlie Kimball. And also that Drag Racing legend Don Prudhomme (aka "The Snake) may run the 2nd team. It is not official yet, but if the money is right, then Ganassi will pull a Red Bull.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-rahal-to-ganassi-story-developing/

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2010, 17:03
Another source is that Chip will have a Junior team and a 4th car for Charlie Kimball. And also that Drag Racing legend Don Prudhomme (aka "The Snake) may run the 2nd team. It is not official yet, but if the money is right, then Ganassi will pull a Red Bull.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-rahal-to-ganassi-story-developing/

That is the rumour alright...and anything that puts two good young American drivers in the series is a good start.