PDA

View Full Version : Hulkenburg

truefan72
27th October 2010, 22:12
Why is Hulkenberg's seat in trouble?
Williams should think twice about letting this guy go for some change from Maldonado. They should focus more on signing good sponsors and less about NH. If anything I would sacrifice Ruben's seat instead of Nico's.

Hulkenberg will become an F1 star pretty soon and Williams has a choice to either be part of that story or become one of those teams who let this guy go for some spare change.

I have no doubt that if they let Hulkenberg go, RBR, Mclaren, or Ferrari will come knocking on his door as a 3rd driver in the short term while waiting for a seat to open. Renault might offer him a seat straight away, so would Lotus.

steveaki13
27th October 2010, 22:40
I think Williams should probably think again before letting him go, and maybe they should give him another year.

Sleeper
28th October 2010, 00:04
Two reasons why Hulk should stay, he's far better than Maldonardo and the points he'd gain next year over what Pastor would score would probably be worth a place in the constructors championship and thats probably worth more money than Maldonardo has in sponsorship.

wedge
28th October 2010, 00:18
Hulk had a sloppy start but showing his worth and potential to be top driver.

Sounds a bit sad that Williams should take on a driver who has suitcase full of cash but then they did eventually 'hire' a certain Nakajima.

CNR
28th October 2010, 00:34
http://blogs.bettor.com/Nico-Hulkenberg-under-a-cloud-of-despair-a32372

A magazine reports that sponsors including RBS and Philips are prepared to leave the team after Nico’s manager Willi Weber approached Sir Frank Williams to talk about raising his client’s pay for the following season.

It seems that if Williams releases Hulkenberg, the sponsors might not leave the team and that seems like the right decision for the team now after such threatening reports

Roamy
28th October 2010, 02:37
i don't get it - let RB go and keep the kids

Hawkmoon
28th October 2010, 04:09
It's a sign of how far from grace the Williams team has fallen. Sir Frank would never have considered selling a drive 10 or 12 years ago.

Sonic
28th October 2010, 10:10
The hulk should stay. Easily the best rookie - and with testing as it is that is a far more important title than it used to be.

As Brawn have proved the best way to get sponsorship and investment in a team is to be winning - Williams haven't a hope of that with a pay driver on board.

fandango
28th October 2010, 20:29
I'm not blown away by Hulkenberg. He's certainly good, but then again so is/was Heidfeld.

But I agree it's sad that Williams need to make these decisions for money.

Tazio
28th October 2010, 20:41
:s ailor: Bum deal for the Hulk :down:

djparky
28th October 2010, 22:10
Two reasons why Hulk should stay, he's far better than Maldonardo and the points he'd gain next year over what Pastor would score would probably be worth a place in the constructors championship and thats probably worth more money than Maldonardo has in sponsorship.

I think Maldonado spent 4 years in GP2- he was blown away by Hulkenberg last year. it will be a sad day indeed if Williams ditches the Hulk for PM. it was bad enough Crashajima the last couple of years- this is worst

I've been a Williams supporter from the days of Alan Jones- this is like watching the declining years of Tyrrell all over again- very sad

Sleeper
28th October 2010, 22:49
http://blogs.bettor.com/Nico-Hulkenberg-under-a-cloud-of-despair-a32372
Pure BS, RBS have been on the way out for over a year, their contracts up and because they lost billions in the crash they weren't going to sign a new one. Don't know about Phillips.