PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally GB- DS3/Fiesta WRC's?

StevoEvo
25th October 2010, 07:48
Now that Citroën has wrapped up the manufacturers and drivers title, could it be possible to throw Loeb a DS3 for Wales, to ring the neck out of???
Not sure if the FIA regs would allow this, but would be interesting to see the splits!!!

Hirvonen has nothing to lose, nor do the Stobart boys, sling a Fiesta in aswell :-)

rp
25th October 2010, 08:17
Now that Citroën has wrapped up the manufacturers and drivers title, could it be possible to throw Loeb a DS3 for Wales, to ring the neck out of???
Not sure if the FIA regs would allow this, but would be interesting to see the splits!!!

Hirvonen has nothing to lose, nor do the Stobart boys, sling a Fiesta in aswell :-)

It is not possible. The new 1.6T WRC regs will take over the old ones at the beginning of the season 2011...

serial jeff
25th October 2010, 14:22
It might make sense to run the Stobart team as Fiesta S2000s, but Hirvonen still has the chance to (somewhat) salvage his damaged reputation this year, and that of the Focus WRC.

StevoEvo
25th October 2010, 17:33
Why would they run S2000's?
I disagree.. I accept he may want to end the season with a win, but the desire to go for the title in a fiesta next year is greater, and getting as many miles as possible in the fiesta would be of great value. A 3 day flat out test. I think the fact Loeb, Solberg and Ogier are all flying at present will make Fords like of the welsh roads a greater test this year.. It ain't gonna happen anyhow, be nice to send the focus off with a victory tho.

Barreis
25th October 2010, 18:23
Impossible..

Donney
25th October 2010, 19:40
A shame I'd love to see them competing already.