PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the race.

Daniel
24th October 2010, 09:34
Button for me. In the car that should be the best in the wet with the most to gain from racing and he's crying like a baby. Who does he think he is? Alonso? :p

F1boat
24th October 2010, 09:47
Lfmao

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 11:06
ioan and daniel :p

F1boat
24th October 2010, 11:06

Hey, what about me?!

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 11:12
stop whining ! :p

F1boat
24th October 2010, 11:15
:D

spudrsca
24th October 2010, 11:31
Button for me. In the car that should be the best in the wet with the most to gain from racing and he's crying like a baby. Who does he think he is? Alonso? :p

Well Mclaren wasn't the best car on the wet.
The traction out of corner was awful.

But I agree that he's a whiney bitch.
And what makes me laugh is that he is praised for nursing the tires or goot at set-up but in the last two seasons, he was poor in the second part of the season.
I hope that next year Mclaren focus only on Hamilton for updates as Jenson will never be happy.
It's wasting time to try to please Button with updates.

Dave B
24th October 2010, 11:35
Are we having a Donkey?

For me it's Buemi, he was a one-man crashathon today and surely well off Virgin's xmas card list.

Then Sutil, incident after incident and lucky not to get a penalty of keeping an advantage after using the escape road as a shortcut after he spun.

Button for really ballsing up his strategy; and Lotus' hyrdaulics supplier for generally being useless.

Finally whoever decided the race should be so late in the day, local time, which like Malaysia left precious little daylight in the event of any delay.

Edit: Oh, one last one. The BBC for thinking that we'd find it interesting to see DC in a cold grey room where the cameras aren't allowed to show anything.

F1boat
24th October 2010, 11:52
About donkey, tie between Mark for his rookie mistake and Jenson for being totally embarassed.

N4D13
24th October 2010, 11:59
A not-so-quick point about whiney b*tches: AFAIK, the drivers who were complaining didn't have a problem with their driving, which should have been fine, as they had full wet tyres. The real problem was that there was no visibility at all, and it was nearly impossible to see the cars in front.

When a car got behind another, we just couldn't see it on TV because the car in front would lift lots of sprayed water. And we also saw onboard footage from some guys where it was obvious that they couldn't see where the cars in front were.

That said, if the race had been started when it was due, we would have had a non-race with possibly no overtaking at all, as trying to pass other cars without really knowing where they are would have been extremely difficult and dangerous. So in the end, it was a good thing that they red-flagged the race.

That said, they could have restarted the race a few laps earlier and we wouldn't have had any problem. :D

F1boat
24th October 2010, 12:04
A not-so-quick point about whiney b*tches: AFAIK, the drivers who were complaining didn't have a problem with their driving, which should have been fine, as they had full wet tyres. The real problem was that there was no visibility at all, and it was nearly impossible to see the cars in front.

When a car got behind another, we just couldn't see it on TV because the car in front would lift lots of sprayed water. And we also saw onboard footage from some guys where it was obvious that they couldn't see where the cars in front were.

That said, if the race had been started when it was due, we would have had a non-race with possibly no overtaking at all, as trying to pass other cars without really knowing where they are would have been extremely difficult and dangerous. So in the end, it was a good thing that they red-flagged the race.

That said, they could have restarted the race a few laps earlier and we wouldn't have had any problem. :D

I suppose that it is true, but fans are really easily frustrated and then, they start to whine.
I am a prime example :D

555-04Q2
24th October 2010, 12:40
All the front runners except Lewis. He was the only man amongst the overpaid w@nkers that made more noise than a terrified school girl on her first rollercoaster ride.

Tazio
24th October 2010, 12:46
About donkey, tie between Mark for his rookie mistake

Jenson being totally embarassed.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1345/rai220101024105220.jpg

:s ailor:

Big Ben
24th October 2010, 19:54
So this is the donkey thread, or what? I think it must Button. He gambled again and lost big time.... I think this pretty much kills his strategy big daddy reputation... he always gets to the moment where he has no another choice but risk and some times it pays off sometimes it doesn´t.... the fact that he succeeded twice this year is just a statistic anomaly. Sutil should be mentioned too. I was starting to believe at some point that those images with him off track could be some comercial.... to vodka.

Jag_Warrior
24th October 2010, 22:15
The conditions were pretty terrible, so I'm trying to be somewhat understanding of that before naming a Donkey here. But there is one that stands out IMO: I like Sutil, but he has to get at least an honorable mention for Donkey. Also Button and Buemi. But I think Sutil was in a league of his own.

F1boat
24th October 2010, 22:27
The title of this thread is abit harsh. :p

I can't disagree with some of the criticism of Button, and he seems to have an excuse every race lately. If it isn't his lack of grip and heat in his tyre's, its his inability to stop his car in time for corners, as he suggested today. He really needs to raise his game for next season if he wants any chance of keeping his seat for 2012. :mark:

Ah, that's a bit harsh. He is having a solid season and for the better part of it was very close to Lewis pointswise. Pacewise Hamilton proved to be the stronger driver, but this was kind of expected, really. And Jenson is far closer to him than Kovalainen.

F1boat
24th October 2010, 22:42
He is certainly doing a better job than Heikki but seems to have gone off the boil in recent races IMO. He was close to Lewis before today points wise I agree, but I'd like to see him at least a place behind Lewis for the last two races.

I watched the race with a couple of friends and we all said before the race had finished that jenson would have an excuse relating to the car and we were laughing when we saw his interview. No offence meant, we support the guy but we'd like to see him do better. Its an importnat part of the season and the Mclaren boys should both be doing their best the split up the pack. Finishing 12th in a car that is capable of a second place is below par IMO. It was nice to see Lewis keep his head for once and keep his car on the island. :)

I agree that in this race Jenson was humiliated, but in other races he has done a decent job. Only if races like this become the norm, he will be axed. However, we have to keep in mind that many drivers had bizzare and worriying struggles this season - most notably Massa and M Schumacher.

Hawkmoon
24th October 2010, 22:54
The Ferrari right-front wheelman. Only Hamilton's off a few minutes later saved him from costing Alonso victory.

Dr. Krogshöj
24th October 2010, 23:14
The Ferrari right-front wheelman. Only Hamilton's off a few minutes later saved him from costing Alonso victory.

Q. At the pit stop there seemed to be a slight problem with the front right?

FA: Yes, it was my mistake.

Q. What happened?

FA: I locked the tyres and I arrived sideways, so I think it was difficult for the mechanic in the position I stopped.

Dr. Krogshöj
24th October 2010, 23:15
"[Mine and Hamilton's] cars were different and it was something that I chose to run with. I had a new part that I thought would benefit me here – it did in the simulator – but looking at it now, some of the issues I had could possibly have come from what I was running.

"And with the limited testing we have you have got to take risks. I think it was the right thing to take the chance but it didn't work out for us, especially in the tricky conditions."

fandango
24th October 2010, 23:25
Petrov. Glad that he's ok, it looked like he was a little stunned, but he shouldn't be trying to compete with Kimi Raikkonen THAT way.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th October 2010, 23:30
Button was really poor today. He did manage to get to the end but he should really have been challenging for a podium in that car.

Nikki Katz
24th October 2010, 23:33
I've got no idea why Button finished so far down when there were so few finishers.

But my vote has got to go to Sutil, while his moves weren't the worst of the race, there were just so many of them! He had no brakes didn't he, yet he didn't park it?

CNR
25th October 2010, 00:25
for me the donkey was the whole race

the 10 minute delay
the 4 laps under safety car
the one hour delay

then running the race the full distance even though it still looks light on the tv you could see how dark it was by how much the camera flash was showing up

52Paddy
25th October 2010, 00:46
Button had an embarrassing race performance-wise. Though I do think that some people are exaggerating with regard to Button's opinion/excuses. In the post-race interview given by the BBC, Button simply stated that he could not slow the car down. He also openly admitted that it was an horrific day's "racing" by him. The only thing that he "complained" about [per se] was the running of the race into the dark hours, which is an acceptable comment.

The donkey, for me, has to be Sutil. The guy was putting the race of many midfield drivers in jeopardy, despite [allegedly] knowing that his car had a problem.

wedge
25th October 2010, 01:25
Button has shown how over rated he is.

Has the odd great moments (eg. China this year) but when the chips are down/car not to his liking he is somewhat lacking. Another example of this was at Japan when instead of going for maximum with nothing to lose he goes conservative with tyre strategy.

Where's Saint Devote these days? I could do with a chuckle

Ari
25th October 2010, 03:35
About donkey, tie between Mark for his rookie mistake and Jenson for being totally embarassed.
Button and Sutil.

Honourable mention to Webber for his rookie mistake.

N. Jones
25th October 2010, 03:43
Donkey for me was Sutil:

His brakes are giving him trouble yet he still tries to pass people. He bonked Jensen and Kamui. he then ruined his own race (and my FGP team).

So he gets a Big thumbs down from me!

:down:

Hawkmoon
25th October 2010, 05:09
Q. At the pit stop there seemed to be a slight problem with the front right?

FA: Yes, it was my mistake.

Q. What happened?

FA: I locked the tyres and I arrived sideways, so I think it was difficult for the mechanic in the position I stopped.

Fair enough. On the replay he looked pretty straight but if he says it was his fault, who am I to argue?

call_me_andrew
25th October 2010, 05:59
Donkey of the race: Tilke

Giving a track some banking keeps puddles away.

Warriwa
25th October 2010, 06:42
Webber for me. How dare he ruin my weekend and crush my spirit. Would anyone like to buy my Abu Dhabi tickets? Depression reigns.

Donney
25th October 2010, 09:44
Meilender (sp?) for pitting after 18 laps when he had a solid lead.

Hondo
25th October 2010, 12:14
Webber, Webber, and Webber. That fool just threw his only chance at a championship out the window. All he had to do was to motor around behind the kid...but nnoooooooooooo, he wanted to play slip and slide with the other kids. Fool.

The preceding rant brought to you by a Webber fan.

Wilderness
25th October 2010, 18:01
Weber all the way. Never ceases do disappoint.

Honorable mention to Tilke, Button, Petrov, Sutil, Buemi and the FIA for wasting a full hour of what could have been great racing and also not even providing rain coats to their own people.

UltimateDanGTR
25th October 2010, 18:55
This has had to be the most donkey-full grand prix of them all this year.

Webber
Button
Petrov
Buemi
the stewards
Hermann Tilke
the track builders

and there are probably others.

bit of a shambles to be honest.

pino
25th October 2010, 19:12
This has had to be the most donkey-full grand prix of them all this year.

Webber
Button
Petrov
Buemi
the stewards
Hermann Tilke
the track builders

and there are probably others.

bit of a shambles to be honest.

Sutil is missing from your list ;)

Shifter
25th October 2010, 19:13
Buemi or Sutil. Both tried some really nonpro moves and paid dearly. Funny how Kobayashi looks like a loose cannon as well but seems to always leave just enough margin to gather things up and finish strong.

As for Webber and Petrov, well, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt as it was just so easy to wreck if you were just a a half foot to a foot off the line on corner exit during the race. Their crashes were just really slight errors with major consequences. Still, in Webbers' case, finish, finish, finish! I have to wonder about the fact that he sounded the least happy about the weather and was the first to crash...

donKey jote
25th October 2010, 19:41
Webber for me. How dare he ruin my weekend and crush my spirit. Would anyone like to buy my Abu Dhabi tickets? Depression reigns.
After Brasil I might be interested :D

Big Ben
25th October 2010, 19:56
I would also want to nominate RB now after his latest comments about the race not being safe... perhaps it's time to pack up and go home granny...

Duchess
26th October 2010, 02:45
SUTIL. It's like he was possessed with the spirit of Sato the way he was hellbent on destroying the field! You know it's a bad day when you make Liuzzi look like a driving god.

Garry Walker
27th October 2010, 19:27
Webber and Sutil.

ioan
27th October 2010, 21:08

Thank you! :p

ioan
27th October 2010, 21:11
It has to be Charlie for not letting the 'best' drivers to race in the wet but letting them race in the dark without lights. :down:

donKey jote
27th October 2010, 21:35
Thank you! :p
you're most welcome :D
(remember the original title of dan's thread was "whiney bitches of the race"? :p )

ioan
29th October 2010, 22:31
you're most welcome :D
(remember the original title of dan's thread was "whiney bitches of the race"? :p )

Now that is cheating! :p