F1boat
24th October 2010, 07:58
Make this three :D

UltimateDanGTR
24th October 2010, 07:59
he's led for an hour now...great going!

F1boat
24th October 2010, 08:07
If the race is cancelled they have to declare him a winner. What a surprise for Nico and Michael, if Bernd wins the first Mercedes victory :D

Daniel
24th October 2010, 08:15
I think the medical car driver did alright. Hamilton for me for not being a whiney bitch and actually wanting to go racing......

TMorel
24th October 2010, 09:38
Sutil, definately Sutil. Can't fault him for livening up the race :)

Daniel
24th October 2010, 09:39
Vettel. Flawless and fast, pity the engine wasn't.

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 09:54
Vettel was moaning about the light way too soon... he must have felt something in the engine :dozey:

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 09:55
Avanti Ferr ! :D

truefan72
24th October 2010, 09:56
Fair is Fair

Alonso gets it. Did a marvelous job preserving his tyres

Ranger
24th October 2010, 09:57
Fair is Fair

Inheriting the win after Vettel's engine gave up? :\

Vettel was driver of today's race.

Daniel
Vettel still.

donKey jote
fair for you true :up:

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 09:59
vettel?
fastest car, in the front, and complaining about visibility?
Alonso was still right behind him when he blew :)

Daniel
24th October 2010, 10:00
Alonso was whining too. You might not have noticed but Seb's engine blew, Alonso didn't overtake him through skill.

Zico
Vettel with Alonso a close second.

CaptainRaiden
Hamilton for actually having the balls to race. He was ready to race when Webber and Button were whining over the radio. Apparently he also sees better than Vettel in the dark.

CNR
24th October 2010, 10:02
Fair is Fair

the onle good thing about it was1 Australian on the podium

F1boat
24th October 2010, 10:04
Maylander, still, he lead one hour :D
On a serious note, Alonso, Vettel equal on top, Lewis gets a nod for his spirit and also M Schumacher for still showing his teeth.

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 10:04
Alonso was whining too. You might not have noticed but Seb's engine blew, Alonso didn't overtake him through skill.
no need to be so condescending...
you may not have noticed but Alonso was right behind him when he blew (as I said in the last post, if you can read :p )

CaptainRaiden
24th October 2010, 10:10
the onle good thing about it was1 Australian on the podium

You Australians and your national pride. :p The most active thread with most replies in the motorcycle racing forum is about Anthony West, who is at best a back-marker in Moto2. And guess what, it's FULL of Australian flags.

steveaki13
24th October 2010, 10:14
Vettel: Did overall best job, but didn't like his attitude pre race.
Alonso
Hamilton
Schumi
Liuzzi

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 10:23
Alonso (fastest lap too, with Vettel on track ;) ) then Vettel

special mention to Rosberg for his pass on the "only racer out there", the "rain master" whatever :p

F1boat
24th October 2010, 10:27
My fave pass was when Michael took Button.

spudrsca
24th October 2010, 10:33

special mention to Rosberg for his pass on the "only racer out there", the "rain master" whatever :p

Mclaren was poor.
Look how far Button was and he had to stop before Hamilton because his tires were destroyed

Tazio
24th October 2010, 10:43

I am glad that Mike had a good race. Too bad he couldn't get on the podium.
:s ailor: Fred is the driver of this race. He was fast and able to conserve his tyres.
The Boss had a good race considering that McLaren has serious downforce issues.

We'll never know if Fred would of had a run at Vettel toward the end of the race so I have to rate Vetttel second :s ailor:

Tazio
24th October 2010, 11:12
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/632/rai220101024105825.jpg

:s ailor:

truefan72
24th October 2010, 11:15
Inheriting the win after Vettel's engine gave up? :\

Vettel was driver of today's race.

hard to say how Vettel would have done in the closing laps, we will never now, but at the end of the race Alonso was going about 4 seconds faster than anyone and I'm not sure Vettel's RBR would have been able to hold him off. A;los Vettel never had to worry about chasing anyone down and never had any spray or other issues from following a car, which is a huge advantage in a wet race.

But then again we will never know. What we do know is that FA won the race going away easy at the end when everyone else struggled mightily on the inters and poor visibility. His sector 3 times were miles ahead of anyone else.

Look, I can't stand the guy, but as my sig says...

truefan72
24th October 2010, 11:16
Hamilton for actually having the balls to race. He was ready to race when Webber and Button were whining over the radio. Apparently he also sees better than Vettel in the dark.

that gets an honorable legend driver of the day, since he was the only one willing and ready to "drive" at the start of the race.

christophulus
24th October 2010, 11:19
Vettel, class of the field all day.

Schumacher and Rosberg did well - shame Nico's race ended so soon.

Also Liuzzi who seems to have appeared in 6th after starting 18th...

truefan72
24th October 2010, 11:21

It was the first lap and he missed the turn 2 apex so rosberg got a run on him, and he wisely did not pull a Webber figuring that he will eventually pass the guy back again, or better yet, let him duke it out with Alonso , or even more Machiavellian to let him get crashed by Webber :|

TBF Rosberg did a superb job at the start and looked very determined.

555-04Q2
24th October 2010, 11:23
The driver of the race is always the winner of the race as they are the only one who achieves what they are paid to do. Win!

donKey jote
24th October 2010, 11:51
that gets an honorable legend driver of the day, since he was the only one willing and ready to "drive" at the start of the race.

yes, he was also the only one with nothing to lose, or the most to lose if it wasn't to be run ;) .
Still, how he can be mentioned in the same breath as Alonso and Vettel (or even Schumi) as driver of the race after making 2 (uncharacteristic) mistakes (against Rosberg and Alonso) and ruining his tires trying to keep up with the afore mentioned is beyond me... :)

Honourable mention as best radio broadcaster of the race though, to be sure :up: :p

fandango
24th October 2010, 12:38
But Button also had nothing to lose, and look where he ended up. Alonso did a great job, but he owes a large part of that to an excellent team performance by Ferrari (although there's always the odd nut...)

For me, the driver of the race was Hamilton. At his level, mistakes like the ones he made today come about when the driver is pushing the car to the limit. He held on to get second, and was even putting some pressure on Alonso for a few laps. Compared to the reigning world champion his performance was stellar. Sounded a lot calmer on the radio too. A very mature drive, a step up from his level in Monza for example.

truefan72
24th October 2010, 12:50
But Button also had nothing to lose, and look where he ended up. Alonso did a great job, but he owes a large part of that to an excellent team performance by Ferrari (although there's always the odd nut...)
Kubica had nothing to prove, as well as massa and Rubens, but they all were incessantly moaning about the conditions prior to the actual racing. Not just Webber, Alonso ...and Vettel who by the way was doing fastest laps as he was complaining. He knew his engine was in trouble a few laps back and then came on the radio about being too dark or something while posting the fastest lap.

Ranger
24th October 2010, 13:42
Honourable mentions to:

Hamilton.
Alonso.
Rosberg before he was made collateral damage.
Schumacher with 4th.
Liuzzi with a phantom 6th.

ShiftingGears
24th October 2010, 13:45
You Australians and your national pride. :p The most active thread with most replies in the motorcycle racing forum is about Anthony West, who is at best a back-marker in Moto2. And guess what, it's FULL of Australian flags.

The hype over such an underperforming rider/driver such as Ant West on this forum is ridiculous - arguably worse than the hype over Danica.

Wasted Talent
24th October 2010, 16:27
Liuzzi - unlike his donkey team - mate

WT

Daika
24th October 2010, 16:55
Hamilton because he wanted to race.

Roamy
24th October 2010, 17:09

yea stone-frogging

but for all you idolizers MS did drive a good race. But Alonso is the cream of the crop!! Old engine saved all his stuff and was right there to pounce when Vettel blew. Thank to Webber we have continue the excitement to the next race.

Jag_Warrior
24th October 2010, 18:09
hard to say how Vettel would have done in the closing laps, we will never now, but at the end of the race Alonso was going about 4 seconds faster than anyone and I'm not sure Vettel's RBR would have been able to hold him off. A;los Vettel never had to worry about chasing anyone down and never had any spray or other issues from following a car, which is a huge advantage in a wet race.

But then again we will never know. What we do know is that FA won the race going away easy at the end when everyone else struggled mightily on the inters and poor visibility. His sector 3 times were miles ahead of anyone else.

Look, I can't stand the guy, but as my sig says...

Other than Danica Patrick, there's not another racing driver that I dislike more than Fernando Alonso. But one does have to give a dog its due when it hunts well. I know Alonso must have been the driver of the race, because I was supremely irritated by the time they got on the podium. The guy drove one hell of a race on (completely) worn out tires. I can't stand him either. But like you, I can't deny that he drove a great race.

UltimateDanGTR
24th October 2010, 18:22
Other than Danica Patrick, there's not another racing driver that I dislike more than Fernando Alonso. But one does have to give a dog its due when it hunts well. I know Alonso must have been the driver of the race, because I was supremely irritated by the time they got on the podium. The guy drove one hell of a race on (completely) worn out tires. I can't stand him either. But like you, I can't deny that he drove a great race.

I agree with this statement, though it pains me to admit it. I loath Alonso when he's at his best, yet admire him most at the same time....

him and vettel were the class of the field today, Seb was extremely unlucky rather obviously.

Big Ben
24th October 2010, 18:38
Alonso, for once more getting the maximum result, Vettel for an excellent job up to the point the car blew up and, maybe most of all, Hamilton for wanting to race.... of course, he needed to but he does seem to be the kind of guy who really is there to race...

Anubis
24th October 2010, 19:22
I agree with this statement, though it pains me to admit it. I loath Alonso when he's at his best, yet admire him most at the same time....

him and vettel were the class of the field today, Seb was extremely unlucky rather obviously.

Can't disagree with that. I can't stand Alonso, but he didn't throw any toys out of his pram today, he just got on with it and was there to pick up (and indeed literally dodge) the pieces when Vettel went pop. Hamilton deserves credit as well, as do Massa and Liuzzi.

jens
25th October 2010, 00:07
Like after Monza and Singapore, I have the same feeling now. On the track there is one champion driver/team combo and 23... well, others.

Alonso drove a great race, while once again competition fell apart around him. Webber went off and took Rosberg with him, Hamilton ran wide and gifted his position to Alonso with Renault engine dealing efficiently with the last obstacle. Anyway, at least Vettel showed his strength by looking very fast especially in the beginning with heavier rain.

Pity about Rosberg though, who has had some odd unluck this season (recall the departed tyres). He was clearly on course to podium.

52Paddy
25th October 2010, 00:15
Alonso for me. Despite the pit-stop F-up, he was right with Vettel at the end. My gut feeling is that he would have created a few opportunities for himself to pass Vettel had the latter's engine not blown. Though I should also add that I expected it to end in tears :cheese:

Vettel did a good job too but I found Alonso's drive more impressive given his circumstances. However, there is no denying that Seb was very unfortunate to have his car let him down at that moment.

I'll give a nod to Schumi and Liuzzi for reasons mentioned already. But also to Sauber, for a double points finish and to Timo Glock, for driving a solid race just a few places outside the top 10, before being assaulted by Buemi. With the retirements that followed his, he may have had a decent finish [ahead of Kovi perhaps].

DexDexter
25th October 2010, 08:53
IMO it was Vettel.

Retro Formula 1
25th October 2010, 08:55
Vettel drove great until his car let him down so I have to give it to him.

Poor old Nico keeps trouncing his team mate only to have some undeserved misfortune.

Alonso kept in there and picked up the win.

Lewis was a surprising 2nd in a strangly poor handleing Mclaren too.

I think Seb deserves it.

Mia 01
25th October 2010, 12:41
Rubens
Seb
Alonso

52Paddy
25th October 2010, 13:17
Rubens

For what exactly? :confused:

wedge
25th October 2010, 13:45
Vettel, Alonso, Schumi, Liuzzi

Daniel
25th October 2010, 21:40
Schumacher did a great job, and Rosberg was unfortunate. They were the only two drivers whose team had the initiative to change their cars to a full wet setup during the break, and a question worth asking is, would they have been as competitive if they were running a dry setup like everyone else?

They had a slight advantage over the opposition to their credit, but this factor can also be considered IMO. :)

Schumacher did say that they were up for a podium which was a bit strange.

truefan72
26th October 2010, 02:09

if by "they" he meant Rosberg :)

Mia 01
26th October 2010, 07:09

Yes they did. When the race was red flagged at the beginning they changed the car to a fully wet setup.

Garry Walker
27th October 2010, 18:24
The driver of the race is always the winner of the race as they are the only one who achieves what they are paid to do. Win!

I am sure if I went through your earlier posts, I could find posts that completely go against this post.

ioan
27th October 2010, 20:18
Lewis, Vettel and MS all did great, as long as the car lasted.
I'll be biased and give it to MS for the overtaking moves, even if Lewis impressed with is grown up approach and Vettel with his speed.

donKey jote
27th October 2010, 20:31
I'll be biased
for a change :laugh: :up:

ioan
29th October 2010, 21:32
for a change :laugh: :up:

I thought you would appreciate some honesty! :p

555-04Q2
1st November 2010, 05:43
I am sure if I went through your earlier posts, I could find posts that completely go against this post.

:?: :confused: :?: