PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars-Gold Coast 600

MrMetro
23rd October 2010, 16:05
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5456

AJP
24th October 2010, 00:01
Great to see so many international drivers this weekend. Hopefully more to come in the future seasons...

Villenueve was unlucky at the start, he was tagged at turn 4 which this article fails to state.

I think this is a fantastic venue for endurance racing....

ShiftingGears
24th October 2010, 00:39
Great to see so many international drivers this weekend. Hopefully more to come in the future seasons...

Villenueve was unlucky at the start, he was tagged at turn 4 which this article fails to state.

He was tagged, but he did himself no favours whatsoever by keeping his throttle in it the whole time.

AJP
24th October 2010, 04:07
I think he was damned if he did or damned if he didn't...

He was so close to getting out of there....even if he didn't bag it up and try drive away, it would still have been a parking lot.

MrMetro
24th October 2010, 10:43
As you can probably imagine, I'm pretty happy to see Andy Priaulx in second place

ShiftingGears
24th October 2010, 12:02
I think he was damned if he did or damned if he didn't...

He was so close to getting out of there....even if he didn't bag it up and try drive away, it would still have been a parking lot.

Not really, he was accelerating the wrong way into traffic, whereas if he didn't keep the boot in, he probably wouldn'tve been T-boned.

Fantastic end to race two after about a thousand safety cars.

F1boat
30th October 2010, 08:02
The races were totally awesome. These days I watched V8, DTM, WTC and GT1 and to me it seems that V8 is the best :)

wedge
1st November 2010, 14:43
Fantastic driver line of ALMS/Indycar drivers. If only it was Bathurst!

Still prefer the longer track Surfer's track.

Allyc85
1st November 2010, 17:14
Why was it shortened this year? Locals complaining?

Captain VXR
1st November 2010, 17:33
On the subject of annoying locals, Castle Combe has to use a very low noise limit - not even the BTCC can hold events there - due to FOUR locals complaining after moving next door to it and at many trackdays and events with track time, cars that have driven past the houses of the complainers are not allowed on track

IMO if the shortening was caused by complaints, the Aussie government should explain that the track is beneficial to the local economy and if they don't like it, they can f*** off

UltimateDanGTR
1st November 2010, 19:56
On the subject of annoying locals, Castle Combe has to use a very low noise limit - not even the BTCC can hold events there - due to FOUR locals complaining after moving next door to it and at many trackdays and events with track time, cars that have driven past the houses of the complainers are not allowed on track

IMO if the shortening was caused by complaints, the Aussie government should explain that the track is beneficial to the local economy and if they don't like it, they can f*** off

Completely agree.

People who live in the near vicinity of motor racing venues should have a keen interest in motor racing, or at least tolerate it. I wish I could meet one of the morons who move next to a venue and then complain about it, I'd love to tell them my feelings.

Ranger
1st November 2010, 23:04
Why was it shortened this year? Locals complaining?

No complaints, that was just the idea of Tony Cochrane.

At first I was very skeptical but the short version was alright.

The event was an incredible success.

Dave Stubbings
4th November 2010, 19:18
This was the first V8 Supercar race I've sat down an watched (albeit on YouTube a few days later) but I'm definitely going to follow the series from now on.

Very impressed with Shane van Gisbergen, to think he's only a year older than me! But the closing laps of race two were some of the most exciting I've seen in a long time.

racer69
5th November 2010, 15:20
No complaints, that was just the idea of Tony Cochrane.

At first I was very skeptical but the short version was alright.

The event was an incredible success.

The shortening of the track had more to do with an impending railway running through where the track went down at that end of the circuit.

What are you basing the 'incredible success' of the event on, VESA figures themselves (which are proven to be incorrect for many past events)?? The stands looked sparse, and any crowd includes the people who attended the saturday night Beach Boys concert.

RJL25
6th November 2010, 02:16
The shortening of the track had more to do with an impending railway running through where the track went down at that end of the circuit.

What are you basing the 'incredible success' of the event on, VESA figures themselves (which are proven to be incorrect for many past events)?? The stands looked sparse, and any crowd includes the people who attended the saturday night Beach Boys concert.

Crowds where up considerably on last year and the year before, and hardly 10,000 people went to the beach boys concert....

Allyc85
7th November 2010, 09:32
Argh just gone to watch this and Motors TV once again messed up their timing and sky didnt record the last two laps of the second race! They are really getting as bad as Eurosport in doing things like this!

UltimateDanGTR
7th November 2010, 17:55
Argh just gone to watch this and Motors TV once again messed up their timing and sky didnt record the last two laps of the second race! They are really getting as bad as Eurosport in doing things like this!

That makes two of us!

I did the exact same thing and went to watch it earlier in the week. In my case, I'd already seen the last couple of laps on you tube so it could be worse ;)