PDA

View Full Version : WTCC heads to Donington

Allyc85
20th October 2010, 21:13
The World Touring Car Championship has confirmed that its British round will switch from Brands Hatch to Donington Park in 2011 - as predicted by last week's AUTOSPORT magazine. Brands was announced as the venue for a sixth consecutive year when the provisional 2011 WTCC calendar was issued last month, but a two-year deal has now been done with the recently-revived Donington track instead.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87557

Not too fussed about this, though I do wonder if the DTM will now get one of the slots on the Brands GP Circuit?

AndyRAC
20th October 2010, 21:24
The World Touring Car Championship has confirmed that its British round will switch from Brands Hatch to Donington Park in 2011 - as predicted by last week's AUTOSPORT magazine. Brands was announced as the venue for a sixth consecutive year when the provisional 2011 WTCC calendar was issued last month, but a two-year deal has now been done with the recently-revived Donington track instead.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87557

Not too fussed about this, though I do wonder if the DTM will now get one of the slots on the Brands GP Circuit?

Good news both ways. I hope you're right, putting the DTM cars on the Indy circuit was a brainless decision.

Eurotech
21st October 2010, 17:45
Can't wait for this, as a Donington Local. I went to the ETCC events back in 2003/04 and they were pretty good - Its just nice to see Donington back on its feet again with some pretty good events already :)

Eunos
21st October 2010, 20:48
Not sure i'll bother with WTCC next year, I only really went as i live near Brands Hatch, I don't know if i can be bothered to make the nearly 300 mile roundtrip for a series i don't really highly rate these days.

On the plus side this increases the chances off the BTCC having another GP Loop Meeting again next year.

Delenn
22nd October 2010, 11:24
Good news both ways. I hope you're right, putting the DTM cars on the Indy circuit was a brainless decision.
The DTM themselves chose the Indy circuit. Each and every year, they have had the option to select the Grand Prix circuit and have declined it.

MrMetro
22nd October 2010, 13:56
Not sure i'll bother with WTCC next year, I only really went as i live near Brands Hatch, I don't know if i can be bothered to make the nearly 300 mile roundtrip for a series i don't really highly rate these days.

On the plus side this increases the chances off the BTCC having another GP Loop Meeting again next year.

well if next seasons WTCC is as bad as this season, I also, will not be tuning in. Its not like I'm short of other motorsports to watch, MotoGP, SBK, BSB, BTCC...

trebor901
24th October 2010, 10:37
now the WTCC will be even more boring than it already is

pedro17
24th October 2010, 13:04
wtcc has lost its way in my opinion