PDA

View Full Version : Renault Megane Gr N4

Gordini
20th October 2010, 10:02
Has anyone started to test this one yet, and are there any comments or films of the testing?

N.O.T
20th October 2010, 11:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eNnkc02lz8&feature=youtube_gdata

noel157
20th October 2010, 13:02
Should be interesting when Guigou debuts the car on Rallye du Var next month.

navtheace
20th October 2010, 14:08
Could the WRC move towards 2wd only rally cars?

Renault seem to be ready geared up with cars for all R classes.

noel157
20th October 2010, 14:12
Could the WRC move towards 2wd only rally cars?

Renault seem to be ready geared up with cars for all R classes.

Nope.

navtheace
20th October 2010, 15:42
You do not know what will happen in the future.

China will become as powerful as America. America will have a black president. Of course that will never happen.

ie Anything can happen.

N.O.T
20th October 2010, 15:50
if the idea of 1 manufacturer who doesn't have any involvment in the WRC is an indication about the future of WRC then no one can really help you....you can believe and keep your obssesion about the R classes the R cars the R kitchen ovens and whatever R you want....

noel157
20th October 2010, 17:00
You do not know what will happen in the future.

China will become as powerful as America. America will have a black president. Of course that will never happen.

ie Anything can happen.

Still nope.

Mirek
20th October 2010, 17:10
In my opinion Megane isn't meant to be global rival to 4WD cars but to be first used in some new Renault series like recent Clio Trophy.

Sulland
20th October 2010, 19:46
Lets see how much power they have gotten out of the engine in N4 trim, or how much the best tuner will get out of it. On Asphalt depending on the weight, it could take on the other N4s, and maybe S2000.

I think it is cool that a manufacturer dear to do something different, and maybe N4 should become 2wd in the future. I guess it depends on the rules for R4, and the maybe new N4 rules.

Mirek
21st October 2010, 19:41
Videoooos :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf9mo5_megane-r-s-n4-officiel_auto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92eZ6zwp0J0&feature=player_embedded

Gordini
22nd October 2010, 00:26
They should let Ragnotti test it. The master of FWD!

Barreis
22nd October 2010, 10:23
Only good for cup series..

uranium
22nd October 2010, 15:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eNnkc02lz8&feature=youtube_gdata

Is it AWD, or FWD?

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 16:09
FWD

Ucci
22nd October 2010, 18:14
I don't hear any ''bang'' system...???

dimviii
22nd October 2010, 18:18
don t know if it was driven at 100% but not impressed at all.

Mirek
22nd October 2010, 18:29
I don't hear any ''bang'' system...???

Yes, it seems it was without anti-lag.

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 21:22
How much power can we expect from this one, with 33 mm restrictor ?

300-350 hp, and 350-400 nm ?

navtheace
3rd November 2010, 20:57
Any more info on Renault with rallying worldwide? or are their R category cars all focussed on French rally championships?

Mirek
3rd November 2010, 21:05
Any more info on Renault with rallying worldwide? or are their R category cars all focussed on French rally championships?

They run second season of successful European Clio Trophy. Italian Clio Trophy is another very good Renault series. They wanted to supply WRC Academy with Twingo R2 but weren't chosen by FIA. Alltogether they sold around 250 Clio R3 cars and kits.

Allyc85
5th November 2010, 13:39
Did they have to put that music in because the car looks and sounds so boring?

Fair play to Renault for their increased involvement in rallying but watching this car dosnt make me want to buy one at all!

HaCo
5th November 2010, 15:16
Don't know if it has been posted, but here you can hear the sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92eZ6zwp0J0&feature=related

The bang bang is still missing, but will come.

Sulland
30th December 2010, 23:38
When will the Megane be homologated, What will the price be, and will there be a series for these or just normal N4 business ?

urabus-denoS2000
31st December 2010, 00:01
When will the Megane be homologated, What will the price be, and will there be a series for these or just normal N4 business ?

It is such a boring car , it doesn't really matter :)

Sulland
31st December 2010, 08:39
It is such a boring car , it doesn't really matter :)

That might be, but it is still early days in development, and if the price is right, it might be good option.

What do you reckon speed difference pr km SS btw this and the R3 clio will be ?

HaCo
31st December 2010, 09:26
I don't find it boring! Would love to see it eating other N4's on tarmac! :-)

Mirek
31st December 2010, 11:30
One Czech team was present in Mégane testing and they said that it was 0,7 s/km faster than Clio R3. However such comparison is valid only for particular stage.

N.O.T
31st December 2010, 11:39
One Czech team was present in Mégane testing and they said that it was 0,7 s/km faster than Clio R3. However such comparison is valid only for particular stage.

0.7/km is very optimistic....

jolle1982
9th April 2011, 16:34
Carsten mohe wins rally erzgebirge today on his renault megane n4! pictures tomorrow!!

Final result: http://www.sportas.de/ergebnis/index.php?inhalt=ergebnisausgabe&rallye=CH11&datei=ZW09

Mirek
9th April 2011, 17:31
Also in Belgium Cedric Cherain is setting very good times in TAC Rally.

RobertS
9th April 2011, 19:03
Rallye du Touquet on board

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhpyti_rallye-du-touquet-2011_auto

I think very good results on wet tarmac in the early stage of development:

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/classement-rallye-du-touquet-2011/

In action:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhqpo7_.

darkstar
9th April 2011, 20:48
yeah, great action from guigou! that´s how i know him, always maximum attack!

dimviii
9th April 2011, 23:25
i really struggle to see the ''good'' results of meganeN4...
in Belgium was constantly slower from evo9 and in finish +52sec
in France was for another time again constantly slower from 3-4 drivers with r3cars,and in finish 30sec slower from fastest ds3.
am i missing something? :confused:

morganmilan
10th April 2011, 09:20
in France was for another time again constantly slower from 3-4 drivers with r3cars,and in finish 30sec slower from fastest ds3.
am i missing something? :confused:
Mohe´s winning at erzgebirge rally

Wim_Impreza
10th April 2011, 09:59

In my opinion it was a good debut. You may know that the Evo9 driver, Jonas Langenakens, was 2nd overall in his home rally this year and was faster than some WRC cars. Langenakens is a real talented young driver that hasn't money to drive a faster car. Your term constantly slower isn't right, as Cherain with the Mégane was on SS8, SS9 and SS12 the fastest Group N driver. Cherain didn't made it to the finish as he retired.

Mirek
10th April 2011, 10:14

You should think also who is driving, not only car.

Gordini
10th April 2011, 10:21
What is the pricedifferense btw a sub/mitsu top N4 and the Megane? I feel the Megane has done a good start, and has a long way before it peaks developmentswise.

The tuners will work best after this tarmacseason, and before next. So beginning next season we are closer full potential of the car!

Barreis
10th April 2011, 12:07
Tarmac car.

Sulland
10th April 2011, 12:20
Tarmac car.

Well yes and no. In Norway where you have one championship for 4 wd and one for 2 wd, it could smash the current N3 and A6 cars, if the price is right. We have no R3 cars, due to price - so lets see ? It might be we get a gravel kit for it !

N.O.T
10th April 2011, 13:07
a good cup car for france....thats all.

Mirek
10th April 2011, 13:15
Well yes and no. In Norway where you have one championship for 4 wd and one for 2 wd, it could smash the current N3 and A6 cars, if the price is right. We have no R3 cars, due to price - so lets see ? It might be we get a gravel kit for it !

No, it can't. Mégane has only tarmac suspension and can't have gravel one. That's because it is production car and must have same suspension parts as stock car. It uses special Renault Performance Hub front axle which is modified McPherson with independent steering similar to Ford RevoKnuckle of Focus RS. This system is better than McPherson but needs more space - it can't fit into 15" gravel rim.

Sulland
10th April 2011, 14:33
Ok, that os too bad. But if Renault wanted to I am sure they could have gotten something to work. Lets see.

I guess the european asphalt market is big enough then.

dimviii
10th April 2011, 19:07
In my opinion it was a good debut. You may know that the Evo9 driver, Jonas Langenakens, was 2nd overall in his home rally this year and was faster than some WRC cars. Langenakens is a real talented young driver that hasn't money to drive a faster car. Your term constantly slower isn't right, as Cherain with the Mégane was on SS8, SS9 and SS12 the fastest Group N driver. Cherain didn't made it to the finish as he retired.

Wim a ''good debut'' is way different from a ''good result'' if you can understant me.
Good result is not 52 sec behind a N4,or slower than a r3 car.About Mohe won against who?If you want to see how competitive is a car/driver you have to see it in a strong championship,and the most indicated till now with equal drivers is the French one.There megane is loosing from clior3/ds3s with a good driver(Guigu) and factory assistance.
Hope to be more competitive the megane,but they have a lot of work to do,and i am not sure if they have to unlock so much speed from it.
lets wait for some more rallyes.

Mirek
10th April 2011, 20:41
Good result is not 52 sec behind a N4.

I'm sure Cherain would tell You it is very good result for him for the first time in the car (if he don't brake the wheel). And I don't understand Your words "behind N4". Mégane is also N4, so what's wrong with being second from twenty or more? It can't win every time with anyone behind the wheel...

dimviii
10th April 2011, 21:15
I'm sure Cherain would tell You it is very good result for him for the first time in the car (if he don't brake the wheel). And I don't understand Your words "behind N4". Mégane is also N4, so what's wrong with being second from twenty or more? It can't win every time with anyone behind the wheel...
my mistake Mirek about writing N4,i would write evo-sti N4.
Guigu is not first time on the megane,has factory assistance and he is constantly slower from 3-4 privateers with ds3s/clio r3s.Do you really think that megane has any chance against equal driver with evo-sti n4?
Will you choose it in an asphalt championship against an 6 years old evo 9 with half cost?

Mirek
10th April 2011, 22:46
Mégane has to prove itself but I for sure don't want to judge after so few events with each time different conditions, drivers and competition. Too little was shown to judge.

You're right, Guigou was slower in Touquet than Robert or Arzeno but so were other gr.N drivers. It was just one rally, not really trouble free and also quite untypical rally for French/Spanish/Italian championships. Most roads there are very different to Touquet. Besides that in the south it's very very rare to see gr.N cars in front of S1600 and R3 also (not counting Spanish N+ with 36 mm restrictor)...

HaCo
23rd April 2011, 18:35
Look at Cherain flying:
http://188.165.204.155:8080/rallyWeb/result.jsp?r=1&s=11

dimviii
25th April 2011, 17:00
Look at Cherain flying:
http://188.165.204.155:8080/rallyWeb/result.jsp?r=1&s=11

He flied just after problems for the evo X of LANGENAKENS.
Till ss 6 clearly in front of megane with almost 1 minute ahead.
Not so high flying.

http://188.165.204.155:8080/rallyWeb/result.jsp?r=1&s=6

Mirek
25th April 2011, 17:11
That's still very good because Langenakens is fastest one to compare with. Also there are gravel parts on stages.

dimviii
25th April 2011, 17:17
That's still very good because Langenakens is fastest one to compare with. Also there are gravel parts on stages.

55sec at 65 ss/km....

Mirek
25th April 2011, 17:59
You seem to be negative at all cost. He was right from the start 2nd from 20 N4 cars. It was his second rally with the car and I think second one with turbocharged car also (before he drove Clio R3). So what's wrong with being slower than the best one but faster than all the rest?

dimviii
25th April 2011, 18:54
You seem to be negative at all cost. He was right from the start 2nd from 20 N4 cars. It was his second rally with the car and I think second one with turbocharged car also (before he drove Clio R3). So what's wrong with being slower than the best one but faster than all the rest?
When you try to find a n4 winner,you haven t got to look at percentages.Just the winner/faster.

Its not wrong at all to be slower from a Evo X N4,just to clarify the word ''flying''.While slower with proper drivers with ds3+clio r3 cars,to ''flying'' is a little bit strange in some weeks time.Thats why i looked a liitle bit proper at stage by stage at this rally.Thats all.

HaCo
25th April 2011, 19:29
:)

I saw the Megane with my own eyes, it was flying. It did not look slow or boring. If this car is less expensive than the Clio R3, it's a winner! Hope we see Princen in it for Ypres!