PDA

View Full Version : How Low can a TIRE go

Roamy
15th October 2010, 18:09
I find this absolutely despicable, troubling and outrageous that a "Free Country" would put this great leader on trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11554635

Move proof that the TIRE is picking up more speed rolling Downhill

fandango
15th October 2010, 19:23
Eh, I clicked on the link, but I don't know what you're on about.

Can you expand on the "this" in post #1?

Roamy
16th October 2010, 02:37
I cannot believe you people would put Geert on trial for hate crimes.

bowler
16th October 2010, 06:07
Who are "you people" and what has it to do with tyres?

Brown, Jon Brow
16th October 2010, 12:42
Geert Wilders, lol!

fandango
16th October 2010, 16:23
Nobody does it better....

Eki
16th October 2010, 18:24
"Tire"??

Ah you mean "Tyre". :p

This is pretty low:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9283/bondpa1402468x342tu4.jpg
But no tires.

I'd say tires can go all the way to the ground

Alfa Fan
16th October 2010, 19:33
What's a tire?

Captain VXR
17th October 2010, 11:40
What's a tire?

In Fousto speak its the islamic republic of europe, which doesnt exist as most european countries have very small muslim populations and are run by secular democracies

Geert Wilders is a moron who thinks that if people believe in x, y and z instead of a, b and c; they are terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrsts, ignoring the facts that the IRA/UDA etc and ETA are not islamic organisations and have caused more terror attacks in europe's recent history than al qaida

Eki
17th October 2010, 18:25
They are folded up under the car.
Or at least that's what the movie makers like us to believe. There doesn't seem to be much space for the tires if the car has a normal size engine etc.

ArrowsFA1
19th October 2010, 08:28
In Fousto speak its the islamic republic of europe...
Ahhhh, but if that's the case then this thread is grammatically incorrect. If you're right it would read How Low can a islamic republic of europe go and that's not right. Not right at all.

He must have meant tyre as in the outer part of a wheel in British English (equivalent to tire in American English) :p

I've had quite a few flat tyres so they can, indeed, go very low.

Mark
19th October 2010, 08:31
I'm getting new tyres tomorrow. These ones have done about 25,000 miles.

Sleeper
19th October 2010, 12:51
This thread is very tyred.

Roamy
19th October 2010, 18:40
Ahhhh, but if that's the case then this thread is grammatically incorrect. If you're right it would read How Low can a islamic republic of europe go and that's not right. Not right at all. .

:p : :p :
:p :

Rollo
19th October 2010, 22:54
He must have meant tyre as in the outer part of a wheel in British English (equivalent to tire in American English) :p

I've had quite a few flat tyres so they can, indeed, go very low.

This is a physics question.

Because air pressure is a result of kinetic energy of air particles, then there is a potential energy difference between the inside and the outside of the tyre which will stop when the internal and external pressures are equalised.

Normal Air Pressure is nominally 1013.25mB or 14.696psi. Under normal circumstances, then the answer to "How Low can a TIRE go?" is 14.696 psi

Mark
20th October 2010, 07:20
But aren't truck tyres etc about 5psi? So they would be less than atmospheric pressure?

Atmospheric pressure is an interesting thing of course. The likes of sucker pads you use to put your sat nav on your windscreen it's not held on by suction as such but the pressure of the atmosphere holding it in place. They wouldn't work in space!

Dave B
20th October 2010, 09:32
This is a physics question.

Because air pressure is a result of kinetic energy of air particles, then there is a potential energy difference between the inside and the outside of the tyre which will stop when the internal and external pressures are equalised.

Normal Air Pressure is nominally 1013.25mB or 14.696psi. Under normal circumstances, then the answer to "How Low can a TIRE go?" is 14.696 psi

The trouble is that as soon as the vehicle started moving, the heat generated by friction would increase the internal pressure. Plus, as the tyre would be flat, there would be far more structural movement and therefore far more heat generated.

Mark
20th October 2010, 10:31
Just getting my tyres changed now but the locking wheel nut key is knackered! The wheels have come off but I've had to walk to the Ford garage to buy new nuts :p

Daniel
20th October 2010, 10:39
They using an airgun?

I've changed the wheels on the Fiat twice now and the nuts are fine but I don't use an airgun of course..... More tyres? I'm on nearly 16k miles on my Potenza RE050A's and they're only down to 6mm. 3k miles on the winters and they're down to 8mm. How many miles have you done and how many tyres? Are they wearing evenly?

P.S way to take Foustina's silly thread OT ;) :up:

Eki
20th October 2010, 10:52
Mark is a numbnut.

Mark
20th October 2010, 12:32
No they didn't use an airgun last time. But he did have to use an electric gun to get them off this time but put them back on using a normal torque wrench. Replacing tyres which are 25000 miles old.

Daniel
20th October 2010, 13:28
No they didn't use an airgun last time. But he did have to use an electric gun to get them off this time but put them back on using a normal torque wrench. Replacing tyres which are 25000 miles old.

25k miles on a set is not bad at all :) A lot more than you got from the P Zero's :)