PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful Alonso!

bontebempo
15th October 2010, 13:56
When asked by Webber what the black armband was for on his (Alonso's) arm he replied "don't know, some italian thing". It was actually to a mark of respect for 4 italian soldiers killed in Afghanistan!!!

If he were asked to wear a pink garter around his leg would he do so? Are thses drivers really just muppets for the teams they drive for?

Damn right disrespectful ****

Garry Walker
15th October 2010, 15:05
Alonso is about as classless as they come, the guy is a lying paranoid spoilt prick.

bontebempo
15th October 2010, 15:17
what about when questioned about the overtake by Massa... lied through his teeth.

Go Vettel!!!!!

maximilian
15th October 2010, 17:13
Alonso probably has a few character flaws and is undoubtedly self-occupied, egotistical, and a primadonna, but arguably that is needed to reach the top levels of success in F1.

I am no fan of his, and am not really trying to defend anything, but I COULD imagine that a F1 driver gets pulled in 1000 different directions all the time by people wanting this or that, while at the same time trying to prepare for what they really came for... the RACE. As such, it wouldn't be inconceivable that his attentions were elsewhere while someone slipped that on to his arm...

Tazio
15th October 2010, 17:28
http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/files/2009/11/troll.jpg :rolleyes:

donKey jote
15th October 2010, 17:34
Oh great bonte's back. Late as usual. This has been done already (probably in the ferrari "haters" ;) thread). :dozey:
And trust Garry to jump on the subject of his obsession :laugh:

CNR
15th October 2010, 22:32
:rolleyes:

Tazio is that you ? some of the stuff you post

BTW. there are rules about hotlinking

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/files/2009/11/troll.jpg

ShiftingGears
15th October 2010, 23:16
I'm yet to see proof that he didn't know what it was for.

Koz
15th October 2010, 23:38
So much hatred.

When asked by Webber what the black armband was for on his (Alonso's) arm he replied "don't know, some italian thing". It was actually to a mark of respect for 4 italian soldiers killed in Afghanistan!!!

If he were asked to wear a pink garter around his leg would he do so? Are thses drivers really just muppets for the teams they drive for?

Damn right disrespectful ****

Care to show us some proof?

Drivers are muppets, teams are also muppets. Everyone is a muppet. The world is full of them.

DexDexter
16th October 2010, 08:22
I don't like Alonso but this is a non-issue, the drivers cannot be expected to know everything. And besides, Alonso is Spanish, not Italian.

steveaki13
16th October 2010, 11:30
Maybe Alonso just wasn't interested about what the armband was for. Doesn't make him a nice person but maybe that was the truth.

Or another option was that so soon after the race, he was in a bit of a fluster and it had slipped his mind.

Could be any of these things or more...

We will probably never know.

HoldenCaulfield
17th October 2010, 03:33
Alonso probably has a few character flaws and is undoubtedly self-occupied, egotistical, and a primadonna, but arguably that is needed to reach the top levels of success in F1.

I never really bought into that argument, for every Piquet, Alonso or Senna there are twice as many "well adjusted", conscientious and professional champions in the vein of Clarke, Fangio, Hill(G,P or D!) or Button.
I don't think success is incumbent on leaving common decency at the door.

But I suppose F1 needs its heels as much as it needs its heroes.

Dave B
17th October 2010, 16:09
Has this ever been proven? I thought it was one of those "he said she said" moments which wasn't actually captured on telly or by any credible witness.

Ah well, let's not stop there. I heard that Vettel didn't know the Chilean miners had been rescued. B--tard.

amoo17
17th October 2010, 17:32
not a nice thing to say , still a great driver though

DexDexter
17th October 2010, 18:17
This thread should be closed.

Dave B
17th October 2010, 18:48
I heard from a mate who did some building work at a hairdressers near a factory that supplies parts to the people who did the air-conditioning at the Mercedes HQ that Nico Rosberg once had a meal at a restaurant and didn't leave a tip. What a git.

This is fun, leave the thread open. :p

Mia 01
17th October 2010, 18:52
This thread should be closed.

Agreed, Fred isnīt disrespectful moore than other drivers.