PDA

View Full Version : EA Politik '11 - EA: It's in the game.

Rollo
13th October 2010, 23:26
This is the result of a few too many pints of London Pride, and was worth relaying here.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/rollo75/politik11.jpg

I'm eagerly looking forward to Politik '11 because the last version of the game that I have is only Politik '03.

Back in Politik '03, the biggest challenges was how to win government in the House of Commons with either Michael Howard as a Tory or Charles Kennedy as a LibDem because no-one had heard of either of them. You could always try to win with Boris Johnson as Tory leader because even in '03 he had pretty good Charisma stats but you just couldn't escape the fact that although as far as Rhetoric goes he was a 79, his other major stat was Bonkers which he was (and still is) 92.

I didn't get Politik '09 but that came with the bonus G.F.C puzzle and the whole stimulus package thing. If you selected Obama you could usually scrape a win in Major League Politics and win Presidency but then you'd find that there'd be all of these little Tea Party things which would ruin your win.

Politik '11 comes with the new features of trying to negotiate a hung parliament and a series of Carbon Taxes (depending on which league you're playing).
It also comes with some new add-ons like "Question Time" in the UK, "QandA" in Australia and some sort of "Fox News" thing which I still can't make heads nor tails of in the US.
I have found that if you play the European Parliament Cup, you can actually win MEP seats through little more than blatant racism.

There are quite a few interesting Stadia in Politik '11. Of course you get the usual Houses of Commons, Lords, the US Senate and House of Reps, but you also get the old Bundeshaus in Bonn and for the first time the French Sénat and Assemblée nationale.
You can even select from old classic sides with such players are Winson Churchill, Ronald Reagan, FDR, Benjamin Disraeli, Bettino Craxi, Nikita Khrushchev and even Mackenzie King.

There is one critical error with Politik '11 though. If you pick the LibDems in the UK, for some reason after the election you instantly disappear and a Tory wins office. Also, I picked Gordon Brown as leader of the Labour party, and he was instantly deleted after the election and there appears to be a fault because two identical Millibands appear from nowhere.

I hope that they fix those errors for Politik '12. Hopefully they'll put in a no-confidence option in the Oz League so you can boot the Gillard Government and put in Wayne Swan in as PM. This Abbot option is pretty useless, but it's better than selecting Hockey and Joyce in as the opposition.
In the previews of Politik '12 you could even pick Trump-Palin or Palin-Trump as an option to go against Obama-Biden. I tried that and was close to winning office but the game froze and threw me out of Windows entirely.