PDA

View Full Version : Tom Chilton's post race bull****

Alfa Fan
10th October 2010, 17:26
About being really tight on budget, etc, etc. Come on...

VkmSpouge
10th October 2010, 17:50
I did scoff at that myself. They are clearly a very well funded team in the BTCC, sure they might not have the funds of Chevrolet but compared to the likes Forster, AmD, Wood, Boulevard and Tech-Speed they have a lot more resources.

Eurotech
10th October 2010, 18:25
Oh well, whatever he wants to believe.....

Allyc85
10th October 2010, 20:06
I think he got a bit caught up in the moment after clinching the Indy title but when he said teams like Chevvy had spent £15 million I did think it was a load of s...

christophulus
10th October 2010, 20:08
I don't believe a word of it. Chilton's father is vice president of Aon, an insurance company worth about $23bn. I'd imagine they have something approaching a blank cheque to work with.

Alfa Fan
10th October 2010, 21:15
I think he got a bit caught up in the moment after clinching the Indy title but when he said teams like Chevvy had spent £15 million I did think it was a load of s...

No way. Thats double what manufacturers spent at the hay-day of Super Touring. £15m could possibly, possibly, be GMs overall touring car budget, incorporating World, British and Swedish teams, even then its quite high! Considering Chevrolet only put in a proportion of the money, alongside Silverline and other assosciated sponsors, the team was Silverline Chevrolet afterall!