PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham Camping

Abo
11th March 2007, 09:28
'Camping at Rockingham has now been terminated since the events which took place at Modified Nationals May 2006' according to the MR2 world record website. What happened?

acorn
11th March 2007, 13:28
Found these posts which may go some way to explaining:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost.php?p=1925604&postcount=31

and

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost.php?p=1929891&postcount=43

Jamie Brown
11th March 2007, 17:40
thats a shame :(

JDPower
11th March 2007, 18:29
Found these posts which may go some way to explaining:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost.php?p=1925604&postcount=31

and

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost.php?p=1929891&postcount=43
Just confirms my opinion of these boy racer types :rolleyes:

turn 4 mad
11th March 2007, 18:41
Just confirms my opinion of these boy racer types :rolleyes:

yes i agree, and why should rockingham ban camping due to a small minority of idiots, after all have there ever been any trouble at scsa meetings? (apart from between drivers that is!!), i think camping out over the weekend brings more people in on saturday as well as sunday which brings more money in for rockingham surely?

Abo
11th March 2007, 19:52
Sounds like one massive overreaction. Only one side of the story though

Nick Brad
12th March 2007, 12:16
That has massively messed up my plans for the season, I was expecting to camp at the track as I have for the last few years and now I'm going to have to look at finding a hotel or something which I certainly hadn't budgeted for. A 21st birthday for my fiancee and a hotel bill for easter weekend?
Not an attractive proposition and I'm not sure how i'll manage it yet.

deadsquirrel
12th March 2007, 13:49
That has massively messed up my plans for the season, I was expecting to camp at the track as I have for the last few years and now I'm going to have to look at finding a hotel or something which I certainly hadn't budgeted for. A 21st birthday for my fiancee and a hotel bill for easter weekend?
Not an attractive proposition and I'm not sure how i'll manage it yet.

I may be wrong, but I am assuming at the moment this ban is for public camping.

racing59
12th March 2007, 21:55
I too would have assumed that this was a ban on public camping, not competitor/marshall/official camping. Simply as we'd be banned from "holidaying in the paddock in our motorhomes etc.." at race meetings, which wouldn't be cricket would it!

Nick Brad
15th March 2007, 10:33
It's times like this that I miss having Jeff around the most, still, I've managed to secure accomodation an hr away from the track for the rookie training which isn't ideal, but it's still cheaper to drive than to pay for a hotel for the weekend.
I'll still need to have the situation clarified before the actual meetings though as I have a humble tent, not a motorhome and leaving the track on saturday nights is not really a consideration and I know Neil's in the same boat.

Abo
15th March 2007, 11:09
It's times like this that I miss having Jeff around the most, still, I've managed to secure accomodation an hr away from the track for the rookie training which isn't ideal, but it's still cheaper to drive than to pay for a hotel for the weekend.
I'll still need to have the situation clarified before the actual meetings though as I have a humble tent, not a motorhome and leaving the track on saturday nights is not really a consideration and I know Neil's in the same boat.

It's true, when I had the familty down with me we'd stay in the Corby Hilton (Holiday Inn); because I stayed in their hotels so much with my job I got my Rockingham hotel for free. Now that I'm doing a different job this is no longer an option and shelling out on hotels every weekend is a bit on the expensive side.

Dave17
15th March 2007, 17:49
The camping ban only applies to the general public.

I had a look at the ground on Tuesday that has been made available for camping for guys WITH AN INNER PADDOCK PASS (teams already have one, marshals will be issued with one on request) which is in between the race admin and the med centre and it is flat with not too many stones.