PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst V8 Supercars 2010

Zeakiwi
5th October 2010, 18:52
Bathurst - definitely the most important touring car race in the Australasia region is on this weekend.

AndyRAC
5th October 2010, 19:29
Bathurst - definitely the most important touring car race in the Australasia region is on this weekend.

Isn't it the most important Touring car race worldwide?? It's certain the biggest.
Wish we had something similar over here.

Allyc85
5th October 2010, 19:55
Is there any live coverage in the UK or will we have to make do with the usual delayed stuff?

MrMetro
5th October 2010, 20:03
Is there any live coverage in the UK or will we have to make do with the usual delayed stuff?

its live on Motors tv

Rollo
5th October 2010, 20:14
Isn't it the most important Touring car race worldwide?? It's certain the biggest.
Wish we had something similar over here.

In theory you could next year, provided there was ample coverage and a small amount of manufacturer support. The Britcar 24hr race is already a big enough event; it would just need a few well directed competitors.

Allyc85
5th October 2010, 21:48
its live on Motors tv

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:T_i7_jA5oZhkpM:http://www.nolandgrab.org/images/NotRatnerExcellent.jpg&t=1

wedge
5th October 2010, 21:58
In theory you could next year, provided there was ample coverage and a small amount of manufacturer support. The Britcar 24hr race is already a big enough event; it would just need a few well directed competitors.

Too bad Spa 24hrs doesn't run Touring cars anymore

Allyc85
5th October 2010, 22:03
its live on Motors tv

Wooohoo! :D :D

5th October 2010, 22:04
Holden are 1.30 favorites, unreal. I'm still hoping for a Skaife win!

Courtney should be quick, but he always seems to find trouble on the mountain.

Ranger
6th October 2010, 08:39
Driver List:

Team Vodafone - Holden
#1 - Jamie Whincup / Steve Owen
#888 - Craig Lowndes / Mark Skaife

Holden Racing Team - Holden
#2 - Garth Tander / Cameron McConville
#22 - Will Davison / David Reynolds

Centaur Racing - Holden
#3 - Tony D’Alberto / Shane Price

Stone Brothers Racing - Ford
#4 - Alex Davison / David Brabham
#9 - Shane van Gisbergen / John McIntyre
#47 - Tim Slade / Jack Perkins

Ford Performance Racing - Ford
#5 - Mark Winterbottom / Luke Youlden
#6 - Steven Richards / James Moffat
#55 - Paul Dumbrell / Dean Canto

Jack Daniels Racing - Holden
#7 - Todd Kelly / Dale Wood
#15 - Rick Kelly / Owen Kelly

Brad Jones Bracing - Holden
#8 - Jason Richards / Andrew Jones
#14 - Jason Bright / Matt Halliday
#21 - Karl Reindler / David Wall

Bundaberg Red Racing - Holden
#10 - Andrew Thompson / Nick Percat
#24 - Fabian Coulthard / Craig Baird

Kelly Racing - Holden
#11 - Jason Bargwanna / Glenn Seton
#16 - Tony Ricciardello / Taz Douglas

Triple F Racing - Ford
#12 - Dean Fiore / Michael Patrizi

Dick Johnson Racing - Ford
#17 - Steve Johnson / Marcus Marshall
#18 - James Courtney / Warren Luff
#19 - Jonathon Webb / David Russell

Fujitsu Racing - Ford
#27 - Ant Pedersen / Damian Assaillit

Lucas Dumbrell Racing - Ford
#30 - Mark Noske / Nathan Pretty

Garry Rogers Motorsport - Holden
#33 - Lee Holdsworth / David Besnard
#34 - Michael Caruso / Greg Ritter

Paul Morris Motorsport - Holden
#39 - Russell Ingall / Paul Morris
#51 - Greg Murphy / Tim Blanchard

Greg Murphy Racing - Holden
#44 - Geoff Emery / Marcus Zukanovic

---
I have no idea who will win. It is easy to say TeamVodafone but they have not had an easy year as well as Whincup's car giving up at the Phillip Island 500. Weather will also play its part but I still suspect a regular to win, with a few surprise faces on the podium.

RJL25
6th October 2010, 09:50
I would say that Jason Richards is a good dark horse for the win, he is always fast at Bathurst and has finnished second on a number of occassions and always a very close second, and he has a pretty underrated co-driver in Andrew Jones who has always proven himself to be very capable around the mountain.

They're my outsider picks, but if I was being forced to put my house on someone to win the race it's pretty hard to go past Whincup....

RJL25
6th October 2010, 09:53
Bundaberg Red Racing - Holden
#10 - Andrew Thompson / Nick Percat
#24 - Fabian Coulthard / Craig Baird

Nick Percat has been replaced for this race by Ryan Briscoe.

It's interesting that while Ryan is officially the co-driver given that Andrew Thompson is the regular driver in that car, given Andrew's thoroughly crap performances all year expect it actually to be Briscoe who takes the lead on this car and do the qualifying, start of the race, etc.

I am evil Homer
6th October 2010, 11:05
The #34 could be a dark horse for a Top 5. Holden do look very strong with the drivers they have spread across the teams but the DJR #17/18 look good as do the two FPR line ups.

tintin
6th October 2010, 11:17

its live on Motors tv

And it's been live on Motors for the last three years at least, so not sure where the "usual delayed stuff" comment comes from.

6th October 2010, 12:06
The #34 could be a dark horse for a Top 5. Holden do look very strong with the drivers they have spread across the teams but the DJR #17/18 look good as do the two FPR line ups.

GRM are always pretty strong at the mountain, so #34 has a good chance for top 5, wouldn't say the win but. As for DJR, they will be up there, Steven Johnson would be the weaker out of the two.

Practice starts tomorrow?

ShiftingGears
6th October 2010, 12:11
I'll be amazed if Paul Morris isn't involved in an accident of his own doing.

He was pretty damn good at driving like an idiot last time he had a drive in V8 supercars.

6th October 2010, 12:30
I'll be amazed if Paul Morris isn't involved in an accident of his own doing.

He was pretty damn good at driving like an idiot last time he had a drive in V8 supercars.

Haha, I went through the list and marked Morris as a crash/incident. Normally he runs someone off the road and then mouths off about them in a subsequent tv interview

7th October 2010, 04:20
Here's the results from the first two practice sessions;

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ajax.aspx?feed=template&template=RaceResults&dataclass=RaceResults&sport=V8&height=460&width=870&sessionid=855

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/ajax.aspx?feed=template&template=RaceResults&dataclass=RaceResults&sport=V8&height=460&width=870&sessionid=1245

Car 18 quickest so far

MrMetro
7th October 2010, 13:39
And it's been live on Motors for the last three years at least, so not sure where the "usual delayed stuff" comment comes from.

well, in the UK at least, most races are delayed not live.

wedge
7th October 2010, 13:59
GRM are my pick for dark horses

well, in the UK at least, most races are delayed not live.

MotorsTV have shown Bathurst live for about 7/8yrs, most of the others have been delayed coverage.

racer69
8th October 2010, 06:41
Too bad Spa 24hrs doesn't run Touring cars anymore

Exactly, that was the grandaddy of touring car racing in the mid-80s, us Australian's even agreed (well the likes of Grice and Moffat anyway ;) )

Rollo
8th October 2010, 07:25
Lowndes/Skaife looks like a walk in doesn't it?

Both drivers have had oodles of experience, both a capable of turning up the wick when appropriate and they have arguably the best built car under them.
888 didn't get to be multiple BTCC, V8 Supercar champions for nothing.

8th October 2010, 11:20

Both drivers have had oodles of experience, both a capable of turning up the wick when appropriate and they have arguably the best built car under them.
Barring no back marker running them off the road they look good, they both know how to look after the car which is more important than anything at Bathurst

RJL25
8th October 2010, 11:50

With this field, this many quality drivers, this many quality cars, there is no such thing as a walk in!

Realistically any car in the top 15 after qualifying is capable of jumping up and taking the win if the cards fall their way on Sunday.

Shame for Jason Richards today with his crash, but watch for him off the back of the grid on Sunday, the guy is F-A-S-T around this track!

I am evil Homer
8th October 2010, 13:11
It's the best driver line up for sure and in a very fast car. But that doesn't mean they'll win it. Watching Ricahrds come through from the back should be interesting!!

wedge
8th October 2010, 14:09

On paper, yes, but factor in the 6hrs when anything can happen be it rain, racing incidents/collisions, etc.

dcr22B
8th October 2010, 14:12
Lowndesy beat Greg Murphy's "Lap of the Gods" in this morning's practice.

Will be interesting to see if it can be eclipsed in tomorrow's shootout?

ShiftingGears
8th October 2010, 14:45
The yellow flags that inevitably will get thrown will negate several hours worth of driving in one hit - that makes the race a lot more up in the air.

I'm not sure if a red flag has been flown since 1992 but it sure got the crowd worked up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBusULuWCoY&feature=related

I am evil Homer
8th October 2010, 15:28
You have to remember Jimmy had just lost a good friend that weekend when Hulme died so was pretty wound up anyway. I loved him after that speech.

And they were the right winners whatever Holden fans might like to think.

wedge
8th October 2010, 16:15
You have to remember Jimmy had just lost a good friend that weekend when Hulme died so was pretty wound up anyway. I loved him after that speech.

Spelled the end of Godzilla :(

I am evil Homer
8th October 2010, 17:12
still one of the touring cars IMO...that thing was immense.

Azumanga Davo
9th October 2010, 03:01

Erm, it was the Ford fans that complained the most about that...

ShiftingGears
9th October 2010, 10:00
Erm, it was the Ford fans that complained the most about that...

It's funny thinking that some were booing simply because the GTR was an overseas car, conveniently ignoring that the Ford Sierra was neither Australian made nor built.

Hoping for a good race and Lowndes/Skaife victory tomorrow.

Alfa Fan
9th October 2010, 21:03
Cannot wait for this! Only V8 Supercar race I really care about. Epic. Not sure how much of it i'm going to manage, did the full race in 2005, been at uni every year so this year is my first chance since!

Ranger
10th October 2010, 00:38
Lap 1 and Coulthard has barrel-rolled at the Chase. :s hock:

Glad he's ok.

Rollo
10th October 2010, 20:04

Told ya so.

1-2 victory for 888, which is the first time since 1984 and only the fourth in the events history.
Interestingly in both 1977 and 2010 there was a 1-2 at Bathurst and a tied Grand Final in Australian Rules Football.

F1boat
11th October 2010, 17:39
the v8 supercars are by far the best tourers in the world, real beasts!