PDA

View Full Version : HRT Driver Merry-go-Round

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2010, 11:44
So who will be racing for them in Japan?

Senna seems safe...maybe. Calvin did well in Singapore covering for the "ill" Yamamoto while poor old Karun looks destined for a life on radio.

Pick two of four :p

Dave B
5th October 2010, 12:47
Ukyo Katayama and Ricardo Rosset? :p

I am evil Homer
5th October 2010, 12:48
Sakon and Klein...

I think Karun's out permanently

Norwegian Blue
5th October 2010, 12:52
Where's Uji Ide These days....

maximilian
5th October 2010, 12:52
Pretty harsh that Chandhok seems to have gotten the permanent axe after doing better than Senna. I bet Bruno loves Sakon, because he makes him look much better than he is :D The logical thing to do for Japan would be to have Sakon (urgh, I hate to say it, but definitely the home race makes sense... then PLEASE axe him for the rest of the season!!) and Klien who did everything to deserve more races. Time for Senna to ride the bench, but he'd probably be back in Korea, hopefully in Sakon's place...

DexDexter
5th October 2010, 13:09
To me the most important thing is that they make it unti the end of the season. If changing drivers is necessary, then so be it.

maximilian
5th October 2010, 13:24
I wish someone who can do a better job at it would buy them out... they are painful to watch, but yes, I don't want to lose the 2 extra cars on the grid, either.

Sleeper
5th October 2010, 15:48
Pretty harsh that Chandhok seems to have gotten the permanent axe after doing better than Senna. I bet Bruno loves Sakon, because he makes him look much better than he is :D The logical thing to do for Japan would be to have Sakon (urgh, I hate to say it, but definitely the home race makes sense... then PLEASE axe him for the rest of the season!!) and Klien who did everything to deserve more races. Time for Senna to ride the bench, but he'd probably be back in Korea, hopefully in Sakon's place...
Interesting view as Senna spent much of the first half of the year going faster than Chandhok, at least until his car stoped (Chandhok always seemed to have the better reliability in the races).

maximilian
5th October 2010, 16:21
Interesting view as Senna spent much of the first half of the year going faster than Chandhok, at least until his car stoped (Chandhok always seemed to have the better reliability in the races).
No he didn't. Chandhok finished ahead of Senna more times than the other way around, and Chandhok FINISHED more times, which is partially due to luck, but also due to doing a good job in nursing the car to the finish. Their quali stats are basically even. Also see http://www.f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/BSenna for more on that.

I don't know where this myth comes from that Senna outperformed Chandhok, it's simply not so.

steveaki13
5th October 2010, 17:16
Ukyo Katayama and Ricardo Rosset? :p

Or...

Deletraz and Mazzacane. ;)

Sonic
5th October 2010, 17:57
So that's Ferrari and now HRT who want/need three cars teams.

Sleeper
5th October 2010, 18:03
No he didn't. Chandhok finished ahead of Senna more times than the other way around, and Chandhok FINISHED more times, which is partially due to luck, but also due to doing a good job in nursing the car to the finish. Their quali stats are basically even. Also see http://www.f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/BSenna for more on that.

I don't know where this myth comes from that Senna outperformed Chandhok, it's simply not so.
Frankly comparing stats with that car is useless, and saying Chandhok is easier on the car is quite funny, since its a factor that hasn't mattered in F1 for about 2 decades now and the problem is the off-the-shelf Xtrac 'box and hydraulics which brakes down for all three new teams any chance it gets.

That website is very confusing, the layout is atrocious.

maximilian
5th October 2010, 18:24
Frankly comparing stats with that car is useless, and saying Chandhok is easier on the car is quite funny, since its a factor that hasn't mattered in F1 for about 2 decades now and the problem is the off-the-shelf Xtrac 'box and hydraulics which brakes down for all three new teams any chance it gets.

That website is very confusing, the layout is atrocious.
Comparing stats is never useless (especially on identical cars, no matter how crappy), because stats don't lie, and stats don't have subjective opinions that are unsubstantiated and influenced by personal likes and viewpoints.

And maybe Chandhok's gearbox and hydraulics held up better because he did a better job at driving the car less abrasively. If everybody has the same equipment and one driver's breaks down significantly more often than the other's, then it's either really bad luck, or one driver just has a better knack for going easy on the car. Either way, results COUNT.

One thing we can agree on, that website's layout is weak! :D

jens
5th October 2010, 19:15
they are painful to watch, but yes, I don't want to lose the 2 extra cars on the grid, either.

Hmm, I personally wouldn't miss HRT. I like the appearance of Lotus and Virgin on the grid, but HRT adds literally nothing to F1 IMO - just an outdated car, which no-one develops and has the same setup for every circuit (Monaco setup also for Monza :p :) - all of this is just a plain pointless exercise.

steveaki13
5th October 2010, 19:58
Lets hope someone takes HRT over.

One so that hopefully more money can be spent and get them onto the back of the midfield all so that the team becomes a bit more involved.

VkmSpouge
5th October 2010, 20:09
I just wonder how far their advanced Hispania's plans (if they have any) are for 2011?

maximilian
5th October 2010, 20:41
Hmm, I personally wouldn't miss HRT. I like the appearance of Lotus and Virgin on the grid, but HRT adds literally nothing to F1 IMO - just an outdated car, which no-one develops and has the same setup for every circuit (Monaco setup also for Monza :p :) - all of this is just a plain pointless exercise.
That's true, but they have something very valuable that in the right hands could develop into something interesting: entry to F1. Their "franchise" spot is probably the best thing about the whole team at this point, and I too hope that someone will just buy them out who wants to circumvent the FIA bull process, and then make something better out of the 2 spots on the grid.

DexDexter
5th October 2010, 21:30

But as longs as they are there, it's possible that someone will buy them and make them more succesfull. 24 cars is nice, we don't want to lose that.

VkmSpouge
5th October 2010, 23:37
I agree, I hope someone comes in with the money to push that team forward.

Duchess
6th October 2010, 02:14
Completely agree, crossing my fingers that someone worthwhile buys HRT and makes it into a proper team with a drivable car. That, and pleeeease get rid of Sakon and give the car to Klien (even though I think the car looks kind of silly with the long name of "CHRISTIAN" pasted on the side). Klien at least can race.

F1boat
6th October 2010, 07:03
I heard that Sakon and Bruno will drive this Sunday.

maximilian
6th October 2010, 12:57
I just wonder how far their advanced Hispania's plans (if they have any) are for 2011?
Same plans as for 2010: have someone else design and build their car, then lead a miserable existence HuRTing at the back of the pack! :D

Anubis
6th October 2010, 12:58
Or...

Deletraz and Mazzacane. ;)

Belmondo and Lavaggi? Tuero and Foitek?

Somebody
7th October 2010, 00:14
Teams are only allowed four drivers per season. So I think we can be fairly confident it'll be two from Bruno, Klien, Karun and Yak' :)