PDA

View Full Version : Rally de Espana

Pages : [1] 2

GigiGalliNo1
4th October 2010, 07:37
Who will win?

Will Kimi crash again?

Will Sordo be given the chance to win?

Post any details re the rally for fellow fans who are attending.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/espanol/index.asp

N.O.T
4th October 2010, 07:43
Sordo
LOL
YES

Ucci
4th October 2010, 08:01
Sordo
No, he won't, I expect him to finish on 6-7 place
Yes

bluuford
4th October 2010, 08:31
I can see that second stage is fully in gravel 14.97 km *2=29.94 km
Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day. Currently the weather is predicted rain, rain and rain for next 9 days. So, who knows what we can expect.
And Entry list should be published today? It is the last WRC rally with current WR Cars on tarmac.

4th October 2010, 08:42
Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day. Currently the weather is predicted rain, rain and rain for next 9 days. So, who knows what we can expect.
And Entry list should be published today? It is the last WRC rally with current WR Cars on tarmac.

I have to agree, that running on this gravel will be different and diffucult. So they are running on tarmac tyres? I though Sordo would have been very fast, but now with the gravel I'm not too sure. Definetly Sordo's best chance, what are the chances of Loeb running away with it like he always does on tarmac?

Hartusvuori
4th October 2010, 08:58
First I'd be quite certain and also kind of hopeful for Sordo's victory, but for sure the gravel parts can play a role there. We all remember how Dani performed in his home rally last year. This year Loeb might back up a little because his championship(s) is secured. Or then again he just cruises to another victory. What will Petter Solberg do? Last year after first one, two stages he was equal to the second with Mikko Hirvonen, in his first rally with C4. He's definitely a podium challenger. Latvala could prove to be faster than Hirvonen again, perhaps Ogier landing somewhere there between Petter and the Ford boys. It'll sure be interesting fight for championship's second and third places in GB.

bluuford
4th October 2010, 09:03
Usually Loeb takes the most of the advantage during the first stages when he is first on the road and roads are still clean and he has the best road conditions and later he usually drives with very similar speed to the other drivers and when it is bad road then he plays it smart and loses a few seconds. So, lets see what happens this time.
If it is dry then for sure Sordo has a good chance. He starts further behind (5th on the road) and should have cleaner line. So, he can take some advantage compared to Loeb and if the advantage is over 20 seconds then that is almost mission impossible in Spain (remember, las year the difference between Sordo and loeb was only 12 seconds).

I think that Ogier is not a threat for the win. He is really fast on gravel but much slower on tarmac (last year he lost nearly 2 minutes to Loeb in Spain, This year he lost 2 minutes to Loeb in Bulgaria, lost over 2 minutes to Loeb in Germany and practically lost over two minutes to Loeb in France as well - if you delete his 10 minutes of penalties). Maybe Solberg is even bigger threat for the win.

Viking
4th October 2010, 09:07
Also the first and third stage are described as gravel/tarmac - (35.94 km +17.28km)*2. Anyone knows what is the share of gravel/tarmac on those stages? That can mix up a few things during the first day.

Day 1: Gravel (73.13 %) and asphalt (26.87 %), Gravel tyres

SS1 / 4 Terra Alta: 75.10 % gravel and 24.90 % asphalt
SS 2 / 5 La Ribera d’Ebre: 100 % gravel
SS 3 / 6 Les Garrigues: 45.78 % gravel and 54.22 % asphalt

Day 2: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres

Day 3: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres

N.O.T
4th October 2010, 09:13
if sordo takes advantage of his road position on day 1 then its going to be ok for him.

4th October 2010, 09:18
if sordo takes advantage of his road position on day 1 then its going to be ok for him.

Yeah there's no diadvantage running first on the raod second day, which is so uniqure considering first day is gravel and Loeb will be disadvantaged.

How about;

Petter leads day one, Sordo only 15 secs behind (faster than Sordo on gravel)

Then Sordo goes on to victory

Edit: If its wet but that changes everything, just remembered!

Brother John
4th October 2010, 10:14
Sordo
LOL
YES

Even not maybe he will win! :D

Barreis
4th October 2010, 10:29
Maybe Seb.Loeb will win.. :D

bluuford
4th October 2010, 11:46
Day 1: Gravel (73.13 %) and asphalt (26.87 %), Gravel tyres

SS1 / 4 Terra Alta: 75.10 % gravel and 24.90 % asphalt
SS 2 / 5 La Ribera d’Ebre: 100 % gravel
SS 3 / 6 Les Garrigues: 45.78 % gravel and 54.22 % asphalt

Day 2: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres

Day 3: 100% Tarmac, tarmac tyres
Thanks..
It will be interesting :-) Two nearly fully gravel stages at the beginning and half tarmac stage at the end. That means nearly 70 km-s with one set of tires:-) Approximately 9 km of tarmac and 27 on gravel, then 15km on gravel and finally about 8km on gravel and 8 on tarmac. That is about 30 km on tarmac and 100 on gravel nice:-)

cvhi
4th October 2010, 13:15
Hello, you have some informations about entry list ?

RICARDO75
4th October 2010, 13:27
Entry list publication is today

bluuford
4th October 2010, 13:38
No official list yet:
but those should be on the list:
WRC
1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Solberg P Citroen
9. Villagra Ford
10. Block Ford
11. Qassimi Ford

No so sure:
1. Cuoq
2. Kuipers
3. Merksteijn

S2000
1. Kuipers Ford
2. Solberg, H. Ford
3. Llovera, A. Fiat
4. Östberg?

JWRC
1. Slavov Renault
2. Broccoli Renault
3. Neuville Citroen
4. Weijs Citroen
5. Burkart Suzuki
6. Lemes, Y Renault
7. Hunt, H. Ford
8. Arzeno, Citroen
9. Probably someone replacing Kruuda, because he is too young to drive in Spain?

Fiesta cup
1. Henriksson, V.
2. Riedemann, C.
That is all I have noticed so far

cvhi
4th October 2010, 13:43
Joan Vinyes (Suzuki Swift S 1600) Suzuki Espana

pucky54
4th October 2010, 13:45
Probably someone replacing Kruuda, because he is too young to drive in Spain?

Does his co-driver not drive on the liasions?

bluuford
4th October 2010, 13:55
I dont know. There was some kind of talk at the beginning of this year and he was thinking about whom to send there (To replace him). Then he mentioned couple of Honda drivers in Estonia
His codriver is 23 years old and Kruuda becomes 18 on 31st of December If I remember correctly :-) So, couple of months less than 18 years old he is!

Is this Suzuki Espania as wildcard JWRC?

cvhi
4th October 2010, 14:14
I dont know Bluuford, i think

eloyf1
4th October 2010, 14:33
Joan Vinyes replaces Karl Kruuda, but doesn't enter JWRC as he is too old...

I don't know who will receive JWRC wildcard, but I would bet on Climent Domingo or Ferran Pujol.

Xevi Pons will enter, but the doubt is if he will do with a Focus WRC 05 or his usual Fiesta S2000.

cvhi
4th October 2010, 14:59
Perhaps Albert Orriols with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 ?

pucky54
4th October 2010, 15:39
I dont know. There was some kind of talk at the beginning of this year and he was thinking about whom to send there (To replace him). Then he mentioned couple of Honda drivers in Estonia
His codriver is 23 years old and Kruuda becomes 18 on 31st of December If I remember correctly :-) So, couple of months less than 18 years old he is!

strange, because he also did Germany and you are not allowed to drive here until you are 18 years old. Same in Portugal & Belgium I guess.
It would be bad for him, because he has really good chances to win the championship

euskalteam
4th October 2010, 16:08
Entry list.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/descargas/inscritos.pdf

Duval at the wheel of a Subaru WRC.
Pons with his usual Fiesta S2000
JWRC wildcard for Climent Domingo Peugeot 206 S1600

cvhi
4th October 2010, 16:09
There is just 53 entries

euskalteam
4th October 2010, 16:37
Maybe the extra cost for this mixed rallye is the reason. Normally more private drivers were runing here...

User
4th October 2010, 19:48
Entry list.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/descargas/inscritos.pdf

Duval at the wheel of a Subaru WRC.

Man what is he trying to prove :(

I wonder if he will use the latest addition from First Motorsport - http://www.velvetmotion.com/firstmotorsport/index_rallye.html

Mirek
4th October 2010, 20:06
I heard he wouldn't start anyhow.

bluuford
5th October 2010, 11:36
strange, because he also did Germany and you are not allowed to drive here until you are 18 years old. Same in Portugal & Belgium I guess.
It would be bad for him, because he has really good chances to win the championship

Something must be different in Germany and Belgium. He told that he is not allowed to start in Spain as a rally driver before he becomes 18 years old (maybe it is allowed to use co-driver between stages in germany but not allowed in Spain. So, Martin Kangur is going to replace him (Martin is little bit older than Karl).

Mirek
5th October 2010, 17:24
Kruuda has Estonian driving license and since Estonia is member of EU, it should be valid anywhere in EU, shouldn't it? He was driving on Barum too and in CZ it's also forbidden to drive before age of 18.

alexlake
5th October 2010, 18:11
I will be there, bit of rally action and late summer sun, cant wait!

bluuford
5th October 2010, 18:46
]Kruuda has Estonian driving license and since Estonia is member of EU, it should be valid anywhere in EU, shouldn't it? He was driving on Barum too and in CZ it's also forbidden to drive before age of 18.

Under 18 driving license means that you have to have one person, sitting on your side who has also driving license and he should be at least 20 years old (because his licenses should be older than 2 years and you cannot get beginners license before the age 18). Maybe someone from Spain can explain how things are working there? :-) Something related to restricted driving licenses?

StevieWonder
5th October 2010, 20:34
http://www.fduval.com/wordpress/category/news

can anybody of our french guys explain ?
is duval really competing in spain ?

Francis44
5th October 2010, 20:36
<
http://www.fduval.com/wordpress/category/news

can anybody of our french guys explain ?
is duval really competing in spain ?

As far as Google translate goes Duval will not compete, because of money and shoulder problems.

Francis44
5th October 2010, 20:38
Doube post fail im sorry :p .

Salist
6th October 2010, 17:04
Frigyes Turan will also start the race in Spain with a 307 WRC.

Mintexmemory
6th October 2010, 21:26
Maybe the extra cost for this mixed rallye is the reason. Normally more private drivers were runing here...

More like not being a round of S2000 and PWRC! about 20 cars lost there.

GigiGalliNo1
7th October 2010, 02:47
Frigyes Turan will also start the race in Spain with a 307 WRC.

Great news! Hope he can do GB too!!!

jiipee64
7th October 2010, 09:59
I'm travelling to Catalunya to see some tarmac action. :)
I've been on a tarmac rally once before.
I wasn't totally convinced. :dozey:
So far gravel and snow seems to do the trick for me. :D

So this is Your opportunity to turn my head.

So if anyone knows good spots to see proper tarmac action I would be most grateful.

I'd really like to have a spot where to see the cars for a long time preferably climbing up corners (serpentines maybe). But any good spot will do!!

7th October 2010, 12:11
I favour gravel too. Spain has that iconic hairpin with heaps of people, plus they are running gravel on the first day.

MartijnS
8th October 2010, 13:56
We booked everything this week and are going to be there too :)
Its so cheap, staying there from wednesday till monday and pay about 200 euro per person for flight, appartment and car :)

ZequeArgentina
8th October 2010, 15:55
What can be known about first day gravel roads?
Shoudl we expect sweeping effect for Loeb in forst day or the gravel roads are not subject to sweeing (not all rallies have New Zealand style roads).

If sweeping IS an ITEM, then may be Sordo´s best chance for a win, take advantage of his lower start position n day 1 and then for days 2 and 3 running first is better

Salist
11th October 2010, 21:52
Great news! Hope he can do GB too!!!

Today news:
Frigyes Turan will start with a M-Sport Ford Focus RS WRC 08.

pettersolberg29
11th October 2010, 23:46
After looking at the Pickems, I'm amazed how many people think Sordo will win. Even though Loeb has won the title, he is simply a faster driver and I do not believe Loeb will let Sordo win so fully expect Loeb to win unless he encounters problems.
I'd love to be proved wrong though!

12th October 2010, 02:19
After looking at the Pickems, I'm amazed how many people think Sordo will win. Even though Loeb has won the title, he is simply a faster driver and I do not believe Loeb will let Sordo win so fully expect Loeb to win unless he encounters problems.
I think its more the hope of a Sordo win. I rewatched the Spain videos from last year and the reason Sordo was faster on the first day was a little setup issue with Loebs car.

So Loeb is probably alittle quicker on the tarmac in Spain, its more the road sweeping advantage from the first day which will give Sordo a good chance. I think Petter will be up there, but he always seems to just have a slight setup issue or something, so he will be a podium pick. I hope its close, makes a rally alot more exciting than just seeing Loeb control it from the front.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

Hartusvuori
12th October 2010, 07:29
Duval's there on the pickems, though it've been reported he wouldn't start. On wrc.com's article it still have Duval's name there, but that's hardly the most reliable or up-to-date source. So how is it?

hype
12th October 2010, 07:47
I will also be there next week, just booked the flight :)
Any info on the gravel stages?

Rallyblog
12th October 2010, 07:55
Duval's there on the pickems, though it've been reported he wouldn't start. On wrc.com's article it still have Duval's name there, but that's hardly the most reliable or up-to-date source. So how is it?

See Duval's site: http://www.fduval.com/wordpress/news/pas-de-rallye-despagne-pour-francois-280

He won't start due to lack of budget and injuries of his crash in Germany.

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2010, 08:39
Today news:

Even better!

hype
12th October 2010, 09:24
Can someone recommend any stages or special areas?

jbmarcus21
12th October 2010, 11:24
RC RALLY ESPAÑA-CATALUNYA COSTA DARAUDA 2010

http://planetemarcus.free.fr/espagne10.htm

PROGRAM
ENTRYLIST
MOBILE LIVE RESULTS
GOOGLE EARTH MAP

Priorat
12th October 2010, 17:08
Even better!

Not better. At least with the 307 we had one different car. There are enough Focus to watch.

MartijnS
12th October 2010, 17:14
Indeed, loved the 307!

cali
12th October 2010, 19:48
Indeed, loved the 307!
I'll second that!

Barreis
12th October 2010, 20:12
Today news:

LOL. Where's PG Andersson that we can see real quality of this two pilots?

Priorat
12th October 2010, 20:45
Can someone recommend any stages or special areas?

For the tarmac stages you can find info on last year's guide:
http://www.rallyracc.com/2009/ingles/guia_tramos.html

as they've been the same for years

About the gravel stages it seems the organization has no intention to give details until the ridiculous "official programme" is sold next Tuesday.

For me, Ral·li Catalunya is the less spectator friendly rally in the championship.

If it is your first time, be sure how much do you have to walk from the car park until you reach the stage. Sometimes they close 5 km away.

xavier
13th October 2010, 02:41

There will be payback from last year: Seb will let Dani win. Surely Dani did deserve the win last year. As no other driver come close to these 2 on tarmac it is done deal as long as Dani stay on the road.

GigiGalliNo1
13th October 2010, 07:54
Not better. At least with the 307 we had one different car. There are enough Focus to watch.

oh sh!t

your right....

I take that back!! :(

hype
13th October 2010, 08:07
For the tarmac stages you can find info on last year's guide:
http://www.rallyracc.com/2009/ingles/guia_tramos.html

as they've been the same for years

About the gravel stages it seems the organization has no intention to give details until the ridiculous "official programme" is sold next Tuesday.

For me, Ral·li Catalunya is the less spectator friendly rally in the championship.

If it is your first time, be sure how much do you have to walk from the car park until you reach the stage. Sometimes they close 5 km away.

Thank you for the info.
Walking will be no problem, as I sleep at the stages.

Karukera
13th October 2010, 10:08
There will be payback from last year: Seb will let Dani win. Surely Dani did deserve the win last year. As no other driver come close to these 2 on tarmac it is done deal as long as Dani stay on the road.

Payback for the title but not for the win.

Last year Loeb said he owed Sordo his title and he hated the situation where he had to count on Sordo to interfere between him and Hirvonen.

That doesn't mean Sordo deserved to win the Rallye Catalunya.

When the TF1 TV journalist asked Sordo if he could win, Dani had a smile and said : " You know Seb, right ? our mission was to keep the Fords behind as soon as possible which we did. As for the rest i can be quicker than Seb at occasions but i don't have his steady pace." I think it sums it up.

alexlake
14th October 2010, 19:56
will the historic cars run this year?

hype
18th October 2010, 09:22
I don't think so, as there are no schedules on their website.

Can someone tell me where the gravel roads on SS1 are?
On Google Maps it looks like the gravel passage starts in Vilalba dels Arcs up to the TV-7411?

MartijnS
18th October 2010, 09:38
I have been looking a lot at google maps the last days and that's the first part indeed, but pretty soon after that they go on gravel again I think. They make a hairpin right and it seems they get on gravel again here: click (http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=http:%2F%2Fwww.rallymedia.nl%2Fcat.kml&sll=52.469397,5.509644&sspn=4.812671,9.7229&ie=UTF8&ll=41.233276,0.415018&spn=0.002901,0.004748&t=h&z=18)

Not 100% sure though :)

hype
18th October 2010, 10:07
Yup, I think that's correct :)

Priorat
19th October 2010, 09:56
At last some information about the stages.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/catalan/guia_tramos.html

Hope it's not too late for those who want to come.

MartijnS
19th October 2010, 11:36
Some pretty good info about the blocked roads etc :)
We'll be flying tomorrow morning if there won't be any problems with the French strike...

19th October 2010, 12:18
Weather is critical for the running of this rally. If it's dry on day one, Sordo should be right up there!

RobertS
19th October 2010, 12:47
Hirvonen test >

http://duen.hu/fotoalbum/46_catalunya_rally?sorozat=26269

V.Gatev
19th October 2010, 15:34
Can we watch somewhere in Internet the live coverage of special stage for day 2?

manta400
19th October 2010, 17:04
been meaning to ask this for a while, any idea why they use volvos as recce cars? do they belong to ford?

DonJippo
19th October 2010, 17:11
been meaning to ask this for a while, any idea why they use volvos as recce cars? do they belong to ford?

As Ford don't have 4WD they been using Volvo's which was owned by Ford but was sold to Chinese manufacturer some time ago.

bluuford
19th October 2010, 18:46
Hirvonen test >

http://duen.hu/fotoalbum/46_catalunya_rally?sorozat=26269

I like the livery :-) Better than the current ;-)

Hartusvuori
19th October 2010, 20:52
APPENDIX 2 – RECONNAISSANCES SCHEDULE

Shakedown recconnaissance
Due to the torrential storms of these recent days, there will be no recces of the SALOU Shakedown as it was scheduled for Tuesday 19th October. The route is being repaired to have it ready for Thursday 08.30 a.m.

On Thursday, day of the Shakedown, the first passage of the shakedown will be used for taking notes.

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/online/tablon/documentos/complemento3.pdf

Ciko
19th October 2010, 21:42
Turán's Focus WRC:
http://duen.hu/fotoalbum/46_catalunya_rally?sorozat=26274

ste898
19th October 2010, 22:04
Turán's Focus WRC:
http://duen.hu/fotoalbum/46_catalunya_rally?sorozat=26274

Nice Focus.......but yet another rent a driver.

Citroen must love laughing a Malcolm wilson and Ford with there any driver with the money can drive 1 of out cars image....

Now lets see will he drive under the stobart team banner oh yes please!!!!

Daniel
19th October 2010, 23:28
There's nothing wrong with having a customer car program, the problem is that this seems to be all that Malcolm does. They've not had a proper number 1 since Gronholm left. As much as I don't want Ford to win, I just wish they were decent competition.....

Priorat
20th October 2010, 07:53
will the historic cars run this year?

They will run between the two runs of the stages on Saturday and Sunday

Priorat
20th October 2010, 07:58
Can we watch somewhere in Internet the live coverage of special stage for day 2?

Try somewhere here:

http://www.tv3.cat/directes

hype
20th October 2010, 09:18
There seems to be an error on the site.
The description for SS2/5 (http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/tr_ss2.html) is the same as for SS3/6.

The itinerary says SS2/5 is gravel only, is that correct?

20th October 2010, 09:30
There seems to be an error on the site.
The description for SS2/5 (http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/tr_ss2.html) is the same as for SS3/6.

The itinerary says SS2/5 is gravel only, is that correct?
I'd say the itinerary is correct and they just made a mistake on the website. Those itenary's are pretty official compared to just a stage guide on the web. Any news on the weather? I've been looking on the web, is Catalunya Spain a good guide for where the stages are on the first day?

hype
20th October 2010, 09:43
Looks like 19-20 degrees with sun and clouds for the whole weekend.

20th October 2010, 11:05
Looks like 19-20 degrees with sun and clouds for the whole weekend.
Great thanks. My pick is either Sordo or Petter. I really want Petter to win but logic says Sordo. I find rallies where there is a fight so much more interesting, not taking anothung away from loeb, but i find it pretty boring when he just controls it from the front.

Rally Japan had to be one of my favourite events for that reason, plus it was in my timezone :D

teufel
20th October 2010, 14:04
Burkart crashed his car badly on the test, rollcage also damaged, so he needs a new car ready for scrutineering...

http://duen.hu/userfiles/image/101019_Feher_autok_elso_napja/feher_autok_elso_napja_6.jpg

Josti
20th October 2010, 16:46
Burkart crashed his car badly on the test, rollcage also damaged, so he needs a new car ready for scrutineering...

http://duen.hu/userfiles/image/101019_Feher_autok_elso_napja/feher_autok_elso_napja_6.jpg

Could be good news for Hans Weijs Jr.

Jafry
20th October 2010, 18:16
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_d41182f8bd.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_3245828810.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_39308e7f41.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_3a34b6048c.jpg

First photos from Spain before start. Service+recce... (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=799&fseason=2010) ;)

ProRally
20th October 2010, 18:52
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_39308e7f41.jpg

First photos from Spain before start. Service+recce... (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=799&fseason=2010) ;)

Like the 'Obama can't gymkhana' sticker on Ken's car next to plate :bounce:

Daniel
20th October 2010, 19:45
Obama might able to drive properly on a special stage though.

bluuford
20th October 2010, 20:22

Interesting... the rear spoiler still has Kruuda´s TERE stickers on it. Maybe the same car he used in IRC Scotland?
Edit: The spoilers are on in the other pictures:-)
Edit2: It was the same car indeed. Good logistics :-) http://rally.ee/?a=a022&b=139967&p=1

Salist
20th October 2010, 21:13
Thanks Jafry, nice photos.

Barreis
20th October 2010, 21:30
Really nice photos..

Juha_Koo
20th October 2010, 22:45
Finnish MTV3 has interesting rallying news once again. According to their Internet-TV, it is...

Rally Of Korea! :rotflmao:
http://juhake.kapsi.fi/motorsport/rally_of_korea.jpg

Hartusvuori
21st October 2010, 08:14
^ They haven't fixed it yet. This is only further proof that MTV3 doesn't give a **** about WRC. If you don't pay for their extra channel that shows WRC, but watch only the free channel, the airing times for day-end broadcasts are ridiculous, usually between 1AM and 3AM. Also the way they do their headlines in the website, blood-pressure goes sky high from pure disbelief and disappointment in the goodness of men.

Salist
21st October 2010, 08:23
Shakedown time?

V.Gatev
21st October 2010, 08:25
http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/online.html

paddocknews
21st October 2010, 08:27
@neilcole: Bright, chilly morning in Salou. Kimi Raikkonen first car into Shakedown, rolled off the road. Car now under covers...
http://yfrog.com/mo42nej

edit: Kimi's rollcage broken. He will NOT start Rally Catalunya

Hartusvuori
21st October 2010, 08:43
@neilcole: Bright, chilly morning in Salou. Kimi Raikkonen first car into Shakedown, rolled off the road. Car now under covers...

First pass through SD was meant to be recce of the stage. Kimi recceed it too well...

http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/online/tablon/documentos/complemento3.pdf

cali
21st October 2010, 08:56

oh dear ... Kimi's future in rallying doesn't look so bright, pity!

AndyRAC
21st October 2010, 09:19

:erm:

Brother John
21st October 2010, 09:36
oh dear ... Kimi's future in rallying doesn't look so bright, pity!

So Sordo will stay next year with the Citroën Junior team! :rolleyes:

N.O.T
21st October 2010, 09:48
Kimi should stop with his new toy before natural selction takes over...

Viking
21st October 2010, 09:52
From Petter "Shakedown Spain. Had to stop on first run, too much dust!"

Salist
21st October 2010, 10:52

Thanks!!!

Salist
21st October 2010, 11:03
Kimi crash: http://wrc.com/video/browse-all/video-spain-2010-kimiout/?vid=1816

N.O.T
21st October 2010, 11:11
can we have a translation of what he said after the crash ?

noel157
21st October 2010, 11:15
"Looks like we'll have time after all to go to Porta Ventura and have some fun"

I am evil Homer
21st October 2010, 11:16
"wow, even Wilson isn't that **** in Shakedown". Still least we got a nice crotch shot of Lindstrom....

21st October 2010, 11:26
"Looks like we'll have time after all to go to Porta Ventura and have some fun"
And Ibiza.. ;)

I haven't really ever put Kimi down because I was just happy to see him in the WRC, but really, come on Kimi. His first run on shakedown after one notes pass. Not the best effort, mistakes happen but maybe he should have had a year in S2000's or something. Anyway, if he takes that Monster seat of Atko next year then I'll probably won't like him

Hartusvuori
21st October 2010, 11:54

First a set of curse words, then asks Kaj is he okey and continues: "how did that happen?" and then some more curse words.

N.O.T
21st October 2010, 11:57
thank you.

Juha_Koo
21st October 2010, 12:07

First at all, the notes for the place where "short right two and left two".

Kimi: What the fff.. Are you okay? What the...
Kimi: How in the hell it jabbed that edging like that?! Huh? I'll take the main power off.

I am evil Homer
21st October 2010, 12:08
First a set of curse words, then asks Kaj is he okey and continues: "how did that happen?" and then some more curse words.

See that makes it all the more worrying...Kaj is no idiot when it comes to pace notes, advising drivers and getting the notes right. The issue is the guy holding the wheel in this partnership.

Jafry
21st October 2010, 12:44
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_0b79a96a3d.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_878cc8e1d7.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_2b9d207f40.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_4df7399c34.jpg

More photos from shakedown HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=799&fseason=2010) ;)

Salist
21st October 2010, 19:37
Shakedown video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxJdP8qm_CM&feature=player_embedded

22nd October 2010, 05:24
Hows the weather? Going to be an exciting day!!

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 07:46
I hope for a good clean fight for the top spot, btw 3 maybe 4 cars, and not that one man has total control from first to last SS.

Lets see if Henning is able to fight with Villagra, Block and Turin, and get maybe even higher if someone gets a problem ?

Good luck to all !

MR666
22nd October 2010, 07:56
Is rally radio working for any one?

FAlonso
22nd October 2010, 07:58
Not for me also.

MikeD
22nd October 2010, 07:58

Nope, it's not working here either....

Salist
22nd October 2010, 07:59
Loeb on the first stage.

Salist
22nd October 2010, 08:00
Split times:
http://wrc.com/results/2010/racc-rally-de-espana/split-times/

Stage times:
http://www.ewrc-results.com/results_main.php?event=584&stage=13561&category=&group=&section=
http://wrc.com/results/2010/racc-rally-de-espana/stage-times/

Huufke
22nd October 2010, 08:02

Have the same problem at WRC.com, but the WRC radio app on my phone works fine so they are broadcasting and didn't mention anything about possible problems yet.

pettersolberg29
22nd October 2010, 08:05
Working fine for me?

pettersolberg29
22nd October 2010, 08:06
What is Petter up to?

MikeD
22nd October 2010, 08:16
What is Petter up to?

Being slow? .... ;)

René
22nd October 2010, 08:16
Something wrong with Petter??? He lost much time from the start of the stage

Hartusvuori
22nd October 2010, 08:20
Proper start from JML, only +2.7s on Loeb.

Can't get my WRR going either.

EDIT: Looks like the splits on event's website (http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/online.html) are from different points than the ones on wrc.com.

rage82
22nd October 2010, 08:25
Where is Turan? Problems or just missing on split times?
Edit: i can see his times on the event website

Viking
Working fine for me?

what browser are you on? WRR dont work here :(

rp
WRR is not working...Very good start for J-M. Dani, Petter and Mikko are not fast enough...

MR666
22nd October 2010, 08:31

I have tried both IE and FireFox and no go on any. :|

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 08:34
What did Petter say on the radio after SS1 ?
He almost lost the rally on that one !

ridder
22nd October 2010, 08:39
Sordo has close to Solbergs time... the two candidates most tipped for the win?

The times seems rather weird to me, everyone loosing to Loeb who's running first on the road?

Viking
22nd October 2010, 08:44
Sordo has close to Solbergs time... the two candidates most tipped for the win?

The times seems rather weird to me, everyone loosing to Loeb who's running first on the road?

lot of dust maybe??

22nd October 2010, 08:48
WRR is only working on my iphone here..

Bad start, Loeb leading again

cali
22nd October 2010, 08:48
Block did excellent time, leaving Henning almost 30 sec behind

Juha_Koo
22nd October 2010, 08:50
What a great start from JML, only +2,7 to Loeb and JML told that he had some launch system problems at the start line losing few seconds...

Petter complaining a lot, telling he has massive problems with grip.

pettersolberg29
22nd October 2010, 08:50

Using Internet Explorer in the UK. I had it saved as a favourite so maybe that's the difference?

MR666
22nd October 2010, 08:51

Did Henning have a problem?

MR666
22nd October 2010, 08:52
Using Internet Explorer in the UK. I had it saved as a favourite so maybe that's the difference?

Nar having it as a favourite will not have any thing to do with it lol

You must just be lucky lol

Hartusvuori
22nd October 2010, 08:53

You did realise the difference in their machinery? It was 36 km stage also.

Viking
22nd October 2010, 08:55

Ehh.. Hennings car is 2-3sec/km slower than Blocks so.. ;)

Francis44
22nd October 2010, 08:56
How come Loeb is cleaning and he still wins the stage?!?!

noel157
22nd October 2010, 09:00
RR working for me in Chrome but not IE. Taking too long to load.
You're not missing anything, Bex yapping to Pappa Wilson.

MR666
22nd October 2010, 09:00

True, had forgot he was in the S2000.

KKS
22nd October 2010, 09:01
WRR is missing this source
http://tx.sharp-stream.com/stream.php?c=north1fmmp3 , usually here two rtsp links

pettersolberg29
22nd October 2010, 09:04
Better for Petter

MR666
22nd October 2010, 09:04
Sent WRR a email, they sent back saying the are working on the problem.

22nd October 2010, 09:05
RR working for me in Chrome but not IE. Taking too long to load.
You're not missing anything, Bex yapping to Pappa Wilson.
Wilson said there will be no change in the Ford team unles its on commercial basis. Yay

cali
22nd October 2010, 09:06
Naah, thought Henning was driving Focus. Thanks for clearing this :)

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 09:12
Petter back on ss2 !

noel157
22nd October 2010, 09:13
IE has finally started working.

Becs is saying Petter was fastest on SS2, nobody tell WRC.COM? It says Loeb fastest folowed by Ogier.

MR666
22nd October 2010, 09:17
IE has finally started working.

Man still not going for me.

noel157
22nd October 2010, 09:20
Man still not going for me.

Took about 5 mins or more, maybe 10 mins, to load.

noel157
22nd October 2010, 09:28
It's gone again on IE, I'll stick to Chrome, working ok on it.

RobertS
22nd October 2010, 09:40
Where is Turan? Problems or just missing on split times?
Just some facts for the objective judgement of Turan's performance:

0km test with the Focus, he drove it first on the shakedown yesterday...

rage82
22nd October 2010, 09:53

I know that. I really like his driving, that's why I'm asking what's happen to him. In the begining of the 1-st stage he was missing on the splits but then i saw his times on event' s webpage. Cheers !

teufel
22nd October 2010, 10:06

and in my opinion he's better on tarmac, than on gravel. i'm curious about his performance in mixed conditions with a fully new car!

RobertS
22nd October 2010, 10:07
Where is Block ?

RobertS
22nd October 2010, 10:10
Where is Block ?Ooops...sorry !
He is there.

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 10:15
nice start by Loeb... he could get a comfortable lead by the end of day 1 with that pace.

COD
22nd October 2010, 10:21
What is wrong with Sordo???

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 10:27
the gravel...

aykutbilir
22nd October 2010, 10:33
the gravel...
:D :D :D :D

Iskald
22nd October 2010, 10:39
Naah, thought Henning was driving Focus. Thanks for clearing this :)

You just thought, so you posted...Oh, I`m impressed...

cali
22nd October 2010, 10:44
You just thought, so you posted...Oh, I`m impressed...
Thought/had a bad look at the classes, what's the difference, it was anyway my bad. Thanks for this sarcastic post ! Didn't know that I had to impress you Master, otherwise would have looked twice the standings.

Now have a nice day!

ridder
22nd October 2010, 12:45
Fog making the gravel "wet" so running first might actually have been an advantage (like when it rains). That explains the first stage then, was starting to think that Loeb is not just from another planet or galaxy, but even from another universe.

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 13:17
i doubt fog can make gravel wet....at least not that wet to offer an advantage....probably Loeb showed more confidence and bravery in the foggy parts.

Tomi
22nd October 2010, 13:22
i doubt fog can make gravel wet....at least not that wet to offer an advantage....probably Loeb showed more confidence and bravery in the foggy parts.

agree it can be a bit humid on the top, but not so that it makes difference.

I am evil Homer
22nd October 2010, 13:35
Simply Loeb is better than the rest. There's no other explanation.

Simmi
22nd October 2010, 13:41
Let's see what Sordo can do this afternoon then. He really needed to be in striking distance after this day. He cant lose further time if he wants to win, and it's not like he's going to get an opportunity like this many times.

I am evil Homer
22nd October 2010, 13:46
I sense he might struggle compared to Petter and J-ML. That would mean an almighty push tomorrow which could be spectacular

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 14:01
Ogier and Latvala push hard so far on stage 4....

rage82
22nd October 2010, 14:02
JML is now flying, Sordo is still losing time

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 14:07
i am very happy about latvala and very troubled about hirvonen.....

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 14:08
Loeb around 30 seconds faster than his morning run

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 14:10
Ogier 8 seconds quicker !!! 3 now the overall difference

bluuford
22nd October 2010, 14:10
Good morning everybody!

Solberg missing a split.
Oo. P1 drivers are running 3 minutes intervals and the others two minutes.. for today..

And Kangur is having engine problems with his Honda and will decide after service to continue today or superally and find the engine problem (if they cannot find it in service).

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 14:19
Sordo doesn't seem like he is going to win this....

mdesign
22nd October 2010, 14:20
It's a pitty that Sordo is loosing so much time. I guess there should be some logical explanation for losing so much time (motivation and talent shouln't be an issue)

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 14:27
Has Henning stopped ?

Edit, no there the split came !

vkangas
22nd October 2010, 14:41
It's a pitty that Sordo is loosing so much time. I guess there should be some logical explanation for losing so much time (motivation and talent shouln't be an issue)

The fact that Sordo is slow on gravel may be the reason? ;)

Ogier and Latvala are improving all the time. Times are on par with Hirvonen.

Hartusvuori
22nd October 2010, 14:47
The fact that Sordo is slow on gravel may be the reason? ;)

Ogier and Latvala are improving all the time. Times are on par with Hirvonen.

At the moment it's Hirvonen that need to step up. Well, this was a lost season for him. Latvala's current pace is reason to rejoice in Ford team.

I'm too dissappointed in Sordo's lack of pace, because as of now he's clearly out of the competition for the win. He should have had the gap closer. It would've been nice to have fifth winner for the season and also first win for Dani. Many pickems go ruined, but this once again was a lesson of rather trust facts than hope. Though, the rally is far from over.

vkangas
22nd October 2010, 14:52
At the moment it's Hirvonen that need to step up. Well, this was a lost season for him. Latvala's current pace is reason to rejoice in Ford team.

I'm too dissappointed in Sordo's lack of pace, because as of now he's clearly out of the competition for the win. He should have had the gap closer. It would've been nice to have fifth winner for the season and also first win for Dani. Many pickems go ruined, but this once again was a lesson of rather trust facts than hope. Though, the rally is far from over.

I was little unclear... obviously I ment to compare Sordo's times with Hirvonen. Being par with him on gravel wasn't bad if it was last season... Now others seem to have improved much. (or Hirvonen is getting slower..)

blissard
22nd October 2010, 15:03
Petter missing a split ("oh no, crash?"), then comes in with fastest time..!

What happens technically when the splits are missing? It happens fairly often, why is it so hard to get it working 100%?

Halvis
22nd October 2010, 15:05
Petter flying on the second half of the stage - halfway he was +3.8 to Ogier, but -0.1 at the finish!

Halvis
22nd October 2010, 15:09
BTW, very pity for the exitement of the rally that Petter had problems with his setup on stage 1 - if not, there could have been 3 drivers within 2.1 secs now... All C4s...

N.O.T
22nd October 2010, 15:18
given the fact we have an all tarmac event from now on...Loeb is going to win easily if everything works.

Halvis
22nd October 2010, 15:20
Henning is doing a great job aswell, look at his times compared to some of the slower WRCs!

bluuford
22nd October 2010, 17:03
JWRC: Kangur/Järveoja (Honda Civic Type-R) were so slow during the first three stages, because two spark plugs did not work. They found the problem in service, fixed it and continued with proper rally speed :-)

Sulland
22nd October 2010, 17:09
Petter missing a split ("oh no, crash?"), then comes in with fastest time..!

What happens technically when the splits are missing? It happens fairly often, why is it so hard to get it working 100%?

GPS and SATCOM are as far as I know the comm systems used, and they have glitches. The WRC.com site also has challenges in their IT systems, as today the radio doe not work, and splits are not always working. So there are a lot of potential point of failure until the data reaches us at home. It is actually a pretty impressive system if you break it down.

Jafry
22nd October 2010, 19:13
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_ef13b3cc43.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_6d4342e478.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_96d7016800.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2010/799/799_Spanelska_rally_6f0950bd16.jpg

More photos from 1st gravel leg HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=799&fseason=2010) ;)

dimviii
22nd October 2010, 20:22
watch it till the end :eek:
What did they say after control?
http://www.wrc.com/video/onboards/spain-2010-loeb-wide-on-ss2/?vid=1822

dimviii
23rd October 2010, 07:33
day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXsGm8a21k

Barreis
23rd October 2010, 09:00
Nice photos..

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 09:07
JML missing a lot of splits...

Mirek
23rd October 2010, 09:09
Follow also Spanish splits they were more reliable yesterday, JML has all splits there: http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/online.html

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 09:11
Yeah but then again, it's missing f.ex Loeb's splits... :)

tolis
23rd October 2010, 09:14
Don't forget the live coverage of SS12, here: http://www.elsesports.cat in about 6 hours!

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 09:22
.cat :eek:

ridder
23rd October 2010, 09:23
.cat :eek:

Catalunya ;)

Seems like the only exciting fight for the rest of the rally is whether Solberg can keep Sordo from 3rd place.

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 09:27
I know but since when they've had own top level domain extension? And also reference to feline (purrr).

I should get one too... :D

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 09:29
Turan looks like he'll be making his way up the leaderboard today

Mirek
23rd October 2010, 09:39
Burkart rolled at finish...

dimviii
23rd October 2010, 09:41
Burkart rolled at finish...

unbelievable :(

Mirek
23rd October 2010, 09:43
They said that one of his wheels got loose just before the corner and that caused the crash.

darkstar
23rd October 2010, 09:46
yes, he sayd he lost a frontwheel but without hitting something...oh man, poor burkart. of course everybody knows he´s not the fastest, but he´s a very kind guy and i would have wished him to win the title finally of course.

Sulland
23rd October 2010, 09:56
Turan looks like he'll be making his way up the leaderboard today

Looks more at home on asfalt, and is now level on speed with Wilson.

Sulland
23rd October 2010, 09:57
And the radio is working today !!

M-Sport looks to have a challenge getting the setups for their drivers spot-on.
Henning has complained about this in the focus for years. He gets to a setup during testing, and then the car is completely different for the first SS. Looks to be the same for Latvala today.
Citroen very seldom does this, what are they doing different ?

darkstar
23rd October 2010, 10:27
oooh, more drama! ogier stopped in the stage!

rage82
23rd October 2010, 10:28
Ogier stopped in the stage, what the hell

pino makinen
23rd October 2010, 10:58
Ogier stopped in the stage, what the hell

off road? mechanical failure?

MR666
23rd October 2010, 10:59
Sweet, WRR is going... thank the gods lol (p.s. good song)

But as I have just got on line I dont know what happened to Ogier, can some please fill me in.... cheers

Edit: He smacked the rear of the car.

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 11:03
Ogier at the finish, +15 mins to Loeb

rage82
23rd October 2010, 11:08
He was off road at 17-th km, trying to catch Loeb

jonkka
23rd October 2010, 11:11
Ogi continues but is bleeding time

MikeD
23rd October 2010, 11:12
Collin on WRR just said there are some rumours that VW will have a WRC car ready for some selected events next year to prepare for a full campaign for 2012. Has any of you heard about that? - I thought they might be planning for 2013?

pino makinen
23rd October 2010, 11:12
He was off road at 17-th km, trying to catch Loeb

Thanks.

23rd October 2010, 11:20
Collin on WRR just said there are some rumours that VW will have a WRC car ready for some selected events next year to prepare for a full campaign for 2012. Has any of you heard about that? - I thought they might be planning for 2013?

That would be so sick, I'm a big VW fan

Ogier strut through the bonnet..

Petter quicker this stage

Rallyper
23rd October 2010, 11:24
It shouldn´t be possible but Petter, the privateer, is disappointed being just 4 secs after Loeb at finish. Yes, he was 4,5 ahead in the middle but I reccon Loeb just pushed a bit more.

Go Petter, GO!!! :eek:

ridder
23rd October 2010, 11:26
Don't know what to believe. Both the WRC splits and Catalunya splits have been rather strange on all stages.

Most notably Solbergs and both Fords splits. On one split they are -5 on someone and on next 4ks laters +5.

blissard
23rd October 2010, 11:27
No Petter said he did a couple of mistakes in the end, shame.

Salist
23rd October 2010, 11:39
Turan 6th time drove on the SS9! :-)

Salist
23rd October 2010, 11:40
from 16:30, live TV broadcast of the Riudecanyes stage (SS12) on the Internet.
Source: http://www.rallyracc.com/2010/ingles/ss12-directo.html

23rd October 2010, 11:45
watch it till the end :eek:
What did they say after control?
http://www.wrc.com/video/onboards/spain-2010-loeb-wide-on-ss2/?vid=1822

They are talking about the yellow flying finnish sign. It was on the line and he could not cut the corner like he wanted. They were saying that somebody will surely hit the sign. he was making a few note corrections as well.

N.O.T
23rd October 2010, 11:48
pity for ogier....but these things can happen when you try to ctach the best.

Sordo is having finish roasted hare for breakfast and possibly norwegian moose for dinner tommorow....

MikeD
23rd October 2010, 11:52
pity for ogier....but these things can happen when you try to ctach the best.

Sordo is having finish roasted hare for breakfast and possibly norwegian moose for dinner tommorow....

Are we a little poetic today? ;)

23rd October 2010, 11:54
And the radio is working today !!

M-Sport looks to have a challenge getting the setups for their drivers spot-on.
Henning has complained about this in the focus for years. He gets to a setup during testing, and then the car is completely different for the first SS. Looks to be the same for Latvala today.
Citroen very seldom does this, what are they doing different ?

You ask very good question. It probably takes five pages to answer but in few words I am convinced M-Sport build and setup their cars according to what Loriaux thinks is best and his philosophy is the driver must adapt to the car.
Citroën is opposite, they build and setup a car for and around their lead driver Loeb, always thinking how to make him confident at 110% for full attack. Engine and car balance is fantastic so he is bloody fast everywhere.

N.O.T
23rd October 2010, 11:58
Citroën is opposite, they build and setup a car for and around their lead driver Loeb, always thinking how to make him confident at 110% for full attack. Engine and car balance is fantastic so he is bloody fast everywhere.

and why Loeb was winning in the xsara when he was not their leading driver during the sainz Mcrae era???

mdesign
23rd October 2010, 12:24
I think that with ogier problems, sordo might get a chance to win. If he passes solberg in to the second place, citroen can easily make him win (Loeb spins or has a "problem")

23rd October 2010, 12:25
Every driver has a different style, so you think that it would be beneficial to set the car up for the driver.

23rd October 2010, 12:26
I think that with ogier problems, sordo might get a chance to win. If he passes solberg in to the second place, citroen can easily make him win (Loeb spins or has a "problem")

No way Loeb would do that, he wants to win and win and win

Tomi
23rd October 2010, 12:38
Citroën is opposite, they build and setup a car for and around their lead driver Loeb.

How about if you sometime would tell us about your sourse to theese ridiculous claims, Pykälistö who was Citroen testdriver, did drive the basic setting for all Citroen drivers the way each driver wanted the car.

serial jeff
23rd October 2010, 12:57

That'd be a really lame way for someone to take his first rally win, and I really doubt Dani wants it that way. Personally I would rather try my best and fail than have success handed on a platter... similarly if I was Loeb I wouldn't slow down to let someone win, because it demeans their attempt at competing.

Hartusvuori
23rd October 2010, 12:59
Now that if Ogier doesn't collect any points from this rally, and Latvala keeps the position that's written now for him, the fourth, it would narrow their gap in the championship points to 10 points. This would mean hell of a battle in GB, because I strongly believe Latvala wants to taste victory in one of his favourite events and if that would also mean he has a chance for runner-up position in the championship. Ogier would have to come second in GB if Latvala wins, in order to remain second in the championship. Oh well... let's see this rally to the finish first :-)

23rd October 2010, 13:03
How about if you sometime would tell us about your sourse to theese ridiculous claims, Pykälistö who was Citroen testdriver, did drive the basic setting for all Citroen drivers the way each driver wanted the car.

Dear Tomi, it is your right to think I am making ridiculous claims. I am just like everyone else and I am sorry to to tell you I have no sources concerning last comment except I look and see what is going on, that's all. You are right about Pykalisto also. have a nice day. :)

Salist
23rd October 2010, 13:10
Started the SS10... Go Frici :-)

Barreis
23rd October 2010, 13:13
Nice coment Kaffi.. Also when hearing revs it sounds that Citroen's are higher then from Ford.. But when great Gronholm drove focus he reved it much higher then the current ford line-up..

nr7wave
23rd October 2010, 13:19

Sordo wont get that moose easily! Petter is 2 sec up on Loeb on 3. split

Salist
23rd October 2010, 13:22
Mikko: Turbocharger problems :-(

serial jeff
23rd October 2010, 13:22

That's a quick moose ;)

Halvis
23rd October 2010, 13:23

Sordo even faster. He might get slowed down a bit if he catches Mikko - it certainly looks that way!

pino makinen
23rd October 2010, 13:33
Did Sordo hit something? Couldn't understand correctly in the radio.

nr7wave
23rd October 2010, 13:33
Sordo even faster. He might get slowed down a bit if he catches Mikko - it certainly looks that way!

Sordo 0.8 quicker. Very nice battle! He wont pass Petter today. I think(and hope..)

pino makinen
23rd October 2010, 13:34
Hit Hirvonen.

pino makinen
23rd October 2010, 13:35
Sordo 0.8 quicker. Very nice battle! He wont pass Petter today. I think(and hope..)

Not today I guess but nice battle for tomorrow.

pettersolberg29
23rd October 2010, 13:42
Amazing. Mikko has one of his worst rallies ever, lost a huge amount of time today yet he is still ahead of Matt Wilson. Embarassing.

Good to see Petter just about holding out in 2nd - I think he will keep 2nd unless something happens like a crash or technical problem.

rage82
23rd October 2010, 13:45
Do you guys think that Turan can catch Wilson and even Miko ( after his problems with turbo ) for 5-th place overall? Again very nice driving for him after the great result in Bulgaria.

ZequeArgentina
23rd October 2010, 13:50
Good for Turan, but i think it was a mistake to switch to the >Focus that way, he has surely lost time getting to know the car and learning set up, I guess we would have been even higher with the 307 so far.

May be tomorrow he could impress with much better times at catch teams attention.

Barreis
23rd October 2010, 13:52
+1

Salist
23rd October 2010, 13:54
Very good times again from Turan "Frici"!!! :-)