PDA

View Full Version : Live Qualifying on ITV.com

VkmSpouge
1st October 2010, 13:22
ITV.com will be showing live qualifying from BTCC finale at Brands Hatch. I think this is the first time ever that qualifying for the BTCC has been shown live and I'm glad they chose this meeting to do it!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2147

I hope that if it is a success ITV will do it for all BTCC qualifying in the future.

RMLCruzeing82
1st October 2010, 17:59
about flipping time :D

Allyc85
1st October 2010, 18:01
Was thinking the other day that it cant be that hard now to live stream qualifying with all the TV equipment already there!

UltimateDanGTR
1st October 2010, 18:43
this is good news-the more elements to the finale weekend we can witness the better!

Dave B
9th October 2010, 15:14
I'm sorry, ITV, but the picture quality is simply awful. I've been watching the Commonweath Games from halfway round the world in superb quality with no breakup; Brands Hatch is 20 miles up the road and the Ginettas look they're made from blocks of Lego.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they're making the effort and it's certainly nice to see something other than numbers on a timing screen, but surely if it's worth airing they could bump Aces High and The Sweeney from the schedules?

Alfa Fan
9th October 2010, 16:22
Picture is fine for me. I think it must be a problem with your connection/computer. Absolutely fine here.

VkmSpouge
9th October 2010, 16:28
The picture seemed fine for me, perfectly viewable. I hope they do it again though if it becomes a regular feature they need a way of timing the cars on the screen, I was having to do split screen between the qualifying the TSL Live Timing (which was running 30 seconds ahead).

Sarah
9th October 2010, 16:31
I'm surprised how well I've been able to watch quali and the Clios even on my little netbook.

Dave B
9th October 2010, 17:11
Picture is fine for me. I think it must be a problem with your connection/computer. Absolutely fine here.

Nothing wrong with my setup, I've been steaming commonwealth games fine and using the HD version of iPlayer. Decent enough pic on the laptop but blown up on a large screen you can really see the shortcomings.

Still, at least I got to see the session :up: