Price Chopper 400

Qualifying: 4:40 pm Friday

Green Flag: 1:15 pm Sunday October 3

MD24
1st October 2010, 23:42
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2010/29/data/lineup.html

MD24
3rd October 2010, 22:20
From what I saw of the race it didn't seem too bad.

Another nice come back for the # 29 team but what about the 48 team these guys are unbelievable.

What was up with Kyle Busch pouting and walking away from Gibbbs after the race?

Steve-o
5th October 2010, 14:35
Post race comments from Biffle and Johnson

http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2010/10/biffle-wins-at-kansas-johnson-takes.html

Mark in Oshawa
6th October 2010, 20:54
From what I saw of the race it didn't seem too bad.

Another nice come back for the # 29 team but what about the 48 team these guys are unbelievable.

What was up with Kyle Busch pouting and walking away from Gibbs after the race?

He had to walk away...he was ticked that Reutimann knocked him out of a top 10 placing. The thing is, Kyle has no problem ruining other people's day with his sometimes haphazard maneuvers...so he cant cry too loudly now....Karma is a b!tch ya know...

harvick#1
9th October 2010, 18:07
He had to walk away...he was ticked that Reutimann knocked him out of a top 10 placing. The thing is, Kyle has no problem ruining other people's day with his sometimes haphazard maneuvers...so he cant cry too loudly now....Karma is a b!tch ya know...

yet we got Turn3 saying Kyle is the best and Harvick is a no-talent punk. no one cries louder then Kyle, as you said mark, what goes around comes around, Kyle burned enough bridges that it will cost him a championship everytime.

Kyle still acts like a 7 year old that had his candy taken away

TURN3
9th October 2010, 19:55
yet we got Turn3 saying Kyle is the best and Harvick is a no-talent punk. no one cries louder then Kyle, as you said mark, what goes around comes around, Kyle burned enough bridges that it will cost him a championship everytime.

Kyle still acts like a 7 year old that had his candy taken away

I'm not sure how I got brought into this but Kyle is among the best, and unarguably one of the most talented drivers out there. The fact remains Kevin Harvick is a punk, he proved it for good measure on Hamlin a couple weeks ago. I never said he wasn't talented either. So 2 of your above statements as they relate to me are true, and facts.

I'm not particularly a fan of Kyle either, but its pretty obvious what he can do with a race car even when its junk. He does act like an immature idiot but that pretty much puts him on the same boat as Harvick...who you worship. You gotta keep things real Harv...keep them real.

harvick#1
10th October 2010, 17:18
I'd like to know how that put that puts him in the same boat, once Harv really took off with KHI, hes mellowed out big time knowing the damage control of the cars.

Kyle on the other hand, has his race team also and maybe with all the carnage he produces, he would think he would be more response to his actions on the track.

Kyle can win all the minor league races all he wants, but outside of a guy that can drive the wheels out of the car for 15 laps, he shows time and time again, he destroys the tires too early and fads. Harvick still has a better chance to win a cup before Busch because he knows how to take a bad car and turn it into a top 10 car without having to destroy it.

and I dont worship the guy, get over it

TURN3
10th October 2010, 17:58
I'd like to know how that put that puts him in the same boat, once Harv really took off with KHI, hes mellowed out big time knowing the damage control of the cars.

Kyle on the other hand, has his race team also and maybe with all the carnage he produces, he would think he would be more response to his actions on the track.

Kyle can win all the minor league races all he wants, but outside of a guy that can drive the wheels out of the car for 15 laps, he shows time and time again, he destroys the tires too early and fads. Harvick still has a better chance to win a cup before Busch because he knows how to take a bad car and turn it into a top 10 car without having to destroy it.

and I dont worship the guy, get over it

What puts them in the same boat is Kyle is mouthy and arrogant and Kevin is mouthy, arrogant, and pompas. They are both complete assholes...least you forget all the bs Kevin has been involved with this year? Let alone 2 weeks ago? As I've mentioned before, you at times show the same type of blindness that are friend DF does. Not nearly as jaded, but the same type of look the other way when the obvious involves your driver.

Proof of my later point will come in your explanation of 19 cup wins vs 14 cup wins. That is 5 more times that one of them didn't "fade" because of tires in 3 or 4 less years...just to let you know.

harvick#1
10th October 2010, 18:33
Busch has been in Hendrick and Gibbs equipment, getting personal advice from teammates like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart.

when Harvick was forced into the Series, his mentor sadly passed away and had to rely on teammates such as Mike Skinner, Robby Gordon, Jeff Green, and Steve Park.

Childress has shown tremendous strides of improvement over this season, but they have never been a powerhouse since the old early 90's when Earnhardt was so good

and unlike Danica, Harv has won the Daytona 500, Firecracker 400, Brickyard 400, The Winston (all-star race), Bristol, and at Watkins Glen.

those are some major wins right there

TURN3
10th October 2010, 20:23
Busch has been in Hendrick and Gibbs equipment, getting personal advice from teammates like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Tony Stewart.

when Harvick was forced into the Series, his mentor sadly passed away and had to rely on teammates such as Mike Skinner, Robby Gordon, Jeff Green, and Steve Park.

Childress has shown tremendous strides of improvement over this season, but they have never been a powerhouse since the old early 90's when Earnhardt was so good

and unlike Danica, Harv has won the Daytona 500, Firecracker 400, Brickyard 400, The Winston (all-star race), Bristol, and at Watkins Glen.

those are some major wins right there

I'm not comparing Harvick to Danica...you know better than that. I'm comparig the blindness for one's favorite driver to another. Thank you for proving my point. I find it hard to believe RCR ranks below Gibbs, and Kyle spent what, his rookie year plus 1 with Hendrick? Hardly when Hendrick was dominant. RCR on the other hand, has had how many cars in the chase all but 1 year again? You've done well to make my point Harvick#1...thank you.

harvick#1
10th October 2010, 23:58
oh damn, Kyle pushes his equipment once again too far and the engine goes.

TURN3
11th October 2010, 02:48
oh damn, Kyle pushes his equipment once again too far and the engine goes.

Lol...you are a piece of work aren't you? Yep...that darn Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth are certainly too hard too. Come on Harv...I respect you but come back to Earth with the rest of us and we'll take you back from the mother ship.

NickFalzone
11th October 2010, 03:29
Actually, I'm a big Kyle fan and believe he's one of the top-5 most talented drivers in Cup, and always entertaining to watch. That said, I do think he pushed his equipment too hard, which is why he blew up and his teammates did not. With Biff, Carl, and Matt K all having engine problems, I suspect they were not overdriving the cars. But in Kyle's case.. my guess is that Gibbs had some new engine stuff going on and that was partially responsible, but he probably pushed it past the limit when he should have instead babied it for the first half of a race that is notoriously tough on engines.

harvick#1
11th October 2010, 06:32
agree with Nick, Cali and Michigan are wide open and big time revs on the engines, with Ford having a new motor, problems would insue, no other Toyotas had failures, and the way Busch was driving deep in corners, you know those revs will take a toll at one point. as I said, yes hes talented, hes prolly the one guy I pick in a 15 lap shootout to get it done, but in terms of the race, maybe he spends too much time in the sprint races in teh trucks and nationwide that he forgets another 2-300 miles are in cup races and you cant drive that hard all race

TURN3
11th October 2010, 20:02
Actually, I'm a big Kyle fan and believe he's one of the top-5 most talented drivers in Cup, and always entertaining to watch. That said, I do think he pushed his equipment too hard, which is why he blew up and his teammates did not. With Biff, Carl, and Matt K all having engine problems, I suspect they were not overdriving the cars. But in Kyle's case.. my guess is that Gibbs had some new engine stuff going on and that was partially responsible, but he probably pushed it past the limit when he should have instead babied it for the first half of a race that is notoriously tough on engines.

agree with Nick, Cali and Michigan are wide open and big time revs on the engines, with Ford having a new motor, problems would insue, no other Toyotas had failures, and the way Busch was driving deep in corners, you know those revs will take a toll at one point. as I said, yes hes talented, hes prolly the one guy I pick in a 15 lap shootout to get it done, but in terms of the race, maybe he spends too much time in the sprint races in teh trucks and nationwide that he forgets another 2-300 miles are in cup races and you cant drive that hard all race

Engine failures are part of the sport, period. If in this isolated case it had anything to do with the driver, it would've been an over rev on the restart between shifts. That is an awfully big IF considering, as Nick pointed out, Fontana is hard on engines notoriously. Hamlin had a Toyota go in Atlanta, so it isn't as if Kyle Busch is out there blowing engines every 4 weeks while nobody else experiences the same. "Driving deep in corners" sure as hell has nothing to do with an engine failure, that's called talent. And if anything were to be effected by how deep you go into a corner, it would be the tires. Harv, you're a knowledgable fan, why the disconnect here all the sudden?

And why you keep harping on Nationwide and Trucks is beyond me considering your idol races an almost identical schedule with less success...and STILL has less race wins in Cup. It makes no sense to try and win an argument that Harvick is better than Busch...you cannot logically back up a single point you've tried to make while doing so. Their stats are virtually identical, with Kyle having more success in less time while Harvick doesn't win as often but, he has won the big races. You don't like Kyle, I don't blame you one bit. But even the drivers you hate, when they've earned the credit, you have to pay it to them when it is due. This isn't like Danica, where we both agree. She's never earned a thing in her career...so bash away at the myth, that's fair game.

djparky
11th October 2010, 20:46
what happened in Fontana?? this race is usually a snooze-fest, but this time round there was loads of good racing for a change.

Just a damn shame that Jimmie Johnson seems to be heading towards yet another championship- nothing against him, I'd much rather see the driver in car 24 winning- or either Hamlin or Kyle Busch

Mark in Oshawa
12th October 2010, 17:38
As for the engine issue at Fontana, (and yes, Michigan)it is the only non restrictor plate race where the engines spend as much time at peak revs as they do here. Add in the warm dry desert air and you end up working an engine hard. I think the reality is that the Ford boys obviously had some trick part that failed since all 3 Roushketeers blew up; but in the case of Kyle, it was dumb luck or just a fluke.

As much as I dislike the guy's attitude when a microphone is near him, he is one hell of a talent and his driving deep into the corner didn't kill no motor...

Lets face the reality, Kyle driving the way he does is the reason he has had the success he has had....If I am Joe Gibbs I am down in the engine shop asking them to make a tougher motor to stand up to my driver, not asking my driver to baby the car so the engine shop can look good...

MD24
12th October 2010, 21:35
Just a damn shame that Jimmie Johnson seems to be heading towards yet another championship- nothing against him, I'd much rather see the driver in car 24 winning

Agree :D

He didn't help himself by getting the speeding penalty