PDA

View Full Version : Trying to save a Red Bull video clip...Can anyone help please?

Giuseppe F1
10th March 2007, 23:37

http://www.redbullf1.com/

As soon as the page uploads, it automatically starts playing a really nice moody video of the RBR and STR cars running on the Bahrain track yet it is some kind of imbedded swf/shock file or something or other...

...is there anyway this can possibly be saved as I am really liking this clip, i.e.e saving it to my hard-disk and then playing with either Windows Media Player or a VLC or Flash Video Player (all of which I have on my computer)?
Or indeed is anyone able to upload such a video to YouTube at all??

Any help and advice from any of the tech wizards here would be hugely appreciated

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe F1

tinchote
11th March 2007, 10:03
They are usually some kind of flash application. There are some programs that let you save the file, but from what I've seen they don't work in all pages.

But you could try searching for "flash save".

Heidfeldrulez
11th March 2007, 11:20
there is a software that can capture anything that is happening on your desktop and save it in various video formats

i usually use it to make "how-to" guides to me grannie :D i do it on my own desktop (for example i cut or edit a picture) and save the whole process in .avi, so when she plays it she can see what did i click and where and when.

http://www.netu2.co.uk/download_mediacam.htm

Dave B
11th March 2007, 13:32
If it's a flash file it will have been saved in your Temporary Internet Files. Have a look for a .flv file :)

Erki
11th March 2007, 14:57
Shouldn't it be a .swf file?

One thing you can do is that look for the path for the file and try to download it in some way. I used to make a special html file where there's only a link to the file so I can just right click and "save file as (or smth)" for this purpose.

tinchote
11th March 2007, 15:50
In my pc, the file is called Cars_STR_and_RBR[1].flv

It's 14488KB and it should be in your internet cache folder.

tinchote
11th March 2007, 15:55
One thing you can do is that look for the path for the file and try to download it in some way. I used to make a special html file where there's only a link to the file so I can just right click and "save file as (or smth)" for this purpose.

The reference to the file is not in the main page. And I just skimmed through it in a couple of seconds, but it looks as if things are launched from javascript files. So it's not that simple :)

Giuseppe F1
11th March 2007, 16:45
In my pc, the file is called Cars_STR_and_RBR[1].flv

It's 14488KB and it should be in your internet cache folder.

Thank you Tinchote - dumb question here? How do I access my Internet Cache Folder?? :)

I use Windows XP by the way

Thank you kindly

Giuseppe F1

Giuseppe F1
11th March 2007, 16:58
Im not having much luck - when I look at 'View Page Source' and various other tricks, all I see are .swf file references and no .flv files listed

Oh well, never mind - thanks for all the advice anyhow guys - Much appreciated

Giuseppe F1

Erki
11th March 2007, 18:26
The reference to the file is not in the main page. And I just skimmed through it in a couple of seconds, but it looks as if things are launched from javascript files. So it's not that simple :)

Damn haxx0rs. Always making things complicated. :p :

tinchote
11th March 2007, 19:06
Thank you Tinchote - dumb question here? How do I access my Internet Cache Folder?? :)

I use Windows XP by the way

Thank you kindly

Giuseppe F1

In your browser (or in the control panel) open "internet options"; in the "general" tab there is a section for "browsing history"; click on settings, and around the middle of the new dialog you'll see your internet cache location. Clicking on "view files" should open the folder.

When you go to that folder you may find several subfolders with meaningless names; it may be in one of those. If you enter each one and sort your files by size, it will be easy to find the one with the right size.

And, by the way, the same "trick" works for any file from "YouTube".

Dave B
12th March 2007, 09:04
A tip: clear your cache first, then re-visit the page. It'll make finding the clip a lot easier :)

tinchote
12th March 2007, 14:45
A tip: clear your cache first, then re-visit the page. It'll make finding the clip a lot easier :)

That's true in general, Dave, but in this case if you know the name and/or the size of the file you are looking for, it doesn't really matter how many files you have in there. Although I still struggle to see why browsers save so many files, it doesn't really seem to make them that faster :mark: