PDA

View Full Version : Saavedra in @ Conquest for Homestead

Otto-Matic
27th September 2010, 14:39
http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-izod-indycar-series/39881-saavedra-to-drive-for-conquest-at-miami/

Kind of suprised this kid got a ride considering how unprofessional he was, the way he quite Herta's Team in FIL. But I guess $$$ talks, and it's Conquest. So not that suprising really...

Scotty G.
27th September 2010, 15:02
That's huge.

Hopefully they open up more stands at Homestead to accomodate all the fans.

TURN3
27th September 2010, 15:16
That's huge.

That is irrelevant here Scotty...it's Conquest. Not like they were putting anybody in the seats anyway. What I find more worth of comment is like Otto said....who would hire this kid after the Herta saga. I guess he'd better take what he can because no real team will ever hire him after that.

SarahFan
27th September 2010, 15:19
yawn

Otto-Matic
27th September 2010, 16:21
That's huge.

hahahahaha, you mean your not a member of the Saavadrea fan club? :s mokin:
by my count he's driver #6 Conquest has had this year.

maximilian
27th September 2010, 17:57
Just goes to show you, it's been a good era to be named Sebastien or Sebastian as far as motor sports go!

Sebastien Bourdais - multiple champ
Sebastian Loeb - multiple champ
Sebastian Vettel - future champ
Sebastien Ogier - future champ
Sebastien Buemi - seems to have a secure F1 seat
... and now Sebastien Saavedra! :D

Did I forget any?

anthonyvop
27th September 2010, 17:59
Kind of suprised this kid got a ride considering how unprofessional he was, the way he quite Herta's Team in FIL.

2 sides

Lousada
27th September 2010, 18:00
Just goes to show you, it's been a good era to be named Sebastien or Sebastian as far as motor sports go!

Sebastien Bourdais - multiple champ
Sebastian Loeb - multiple champ
Sebastian Vettel - future champ
Sebastien Ogier - future champ
Sebastien Buemi - seems to have a secure F1 seat
... and now Sebastien Saavedra! :D

Did I forget any?

Of this list Saavedra is the only one that has not yet driven for Red Bull. So the odds are pretty good that there will be a Sebastien-RedBull-Indycar next year :p

Scotty G.
27th September 2010, 18:05
2 sides

There very well might be.

But quitting the morning of a race, is about as low as it gets. And doing it, with your rich daddy, is even lower.

Who has had more drivers this year? Conquest or D&R?

I was personally hoping Sebastien Boat would get the call. :)

SoCalPVguy
27th September 2010, 18:05
another ride buyer. great.

ykiki
28th September 2010, 00:41
another ride buyer. great.

The sad part about this is it shows just how irrelevant Indy Lights is. Guys like Saavedra and Romancini have won multiple races in Indy Lights, yet we still regard them as ride buying hacks.

(For the record, I still wouldn't mind seeing JR Hildebrand & James Hinchcliffe with full time rides...)

Scotty G.
28th September 2010, 05:10
The sad part about this is it shows just how irrelevant Indy Lights is. Guys like Saavedra and Romancini have won multiple races in Indy Lights, yet we still regard them as ride buying hacks.

Indy Lights are irrelevent.

Winning a race against a 12 or 13 car field, is meaningless. Indy Lights is a 100% ride buying series. Talent? Just a coincidence. Look at some of the "stars" of Indy Lights recently.....Jay Howard? A complete joke and a guy universely hated by most who have worked with him. Dillon Battistini? A kid whose biggest claim to fame before he got to Lights was winning some Formula Asia series (when there were like 4 full time drivers in the series). Saavedra? Please. JK Vernay? Who the hell was this guy before he got here this year? And would he ever win a race, if he wasn't running the #7 SSM car? A few others I have probably forgotten, who were "multiple winners".

Saavedra and Romancini ain't worth a damn. I don't care if they have won a race or not in Indy Lights. Neither one had any business in a Indy Car and neither one will be around, once mommy and daddy's money quit funding them.

Who really does have some talent in Lights? Not sure we can even tell. I can tell you aren't good though. Most of those in cars in Lights. ;)