PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Frieberg, future talent...

Otto-Matic
26th September 2010, 20:19
So I just finished one of Johan Schwartz's Edurance Kart races at Lime Rock this weekend, and I asked an older fellow who races in the regional Skip Barber series about up and coming talent we should be on the look out for. he said we need to "keep an eye out for Ashley". Apparently she has phenominal car control and is blindingly quick. She's just been nominated for the Team USA Scholarship. Haopefully we'll see her in IndyCars in 2013 or so.

http://www.ashleyfreibergracing.com

Jag_Warrior
26th September 2010, 21:52
I hate to ask this, but it is the obvious question: is she from a wealthy family? And if she is, and she's THAT good, IMO, she'd be better off taking her money to GP2 and trying to make friends in Europe. Either that or start learning how to drive stock cars. It pains me to say that, but it is what it is these days. :(

anthonyvop
26th September 2010, 23:38
So I just finished one of Johan Schwartz's Edurance Kart races at Lime Rock this weekend, and I asked an older fellow who races in the regional Skip Barber series about up and coming talent we should be on the look out for. he said we need to "keep an eye out for Ashley". Apparently she has phenominal car control and is blindingly quick. She's just been nominated for the Team USA Scholarship. Haopefully we'll see her in IndyCars in 2013 or so.

http://www.ashleyfreibergracing.com

18 and still running Karts and Skip Barber regionals?

Sorry, but if she is any good (A BIG IF) Her career isn't going anywhere in spite of people trying to talk her up in internet Message Boards.

Otto-Matic
26th September 2010, 23:40
I hate to ask this, but it is the obvious question: is she from a wealthy family? And if she is, and she's THAT good, IMO, she'd be better off taking her money to GP2 and trying to make friends in Europe. Either that or start learning how to drive stock cars. It pains me to say that, but it is what it is these days. :(

oh yes, I imagine her family has major $$$. she has a private coach after all :s mokin: we'll see what happens in a few years

Otto-Matic
26th September 2010, 23:42
18 and still running Karts and Skip Barber regionals?

Sorry, but if she is any good (A BIG IF) Her career isn't going anywhere in spite of people trying to talk her up in internet Message Boards.

understood, but people who have competed directly against her have been swooning her praises, so lets see what happens in the next few years.

Jag_Warrior
27th September 2010, 01:58
oh yes, I imagine her family has major $$$. she has a private coach after all :s mokin: we'll see what happens in a few years

If I was a young driver with talent and a family willing to spend $ on me, I'd be shopping for an apartment in Europe and the best GP3/F# team that I could get in with. Then I'd try to make it into GP2 Asia and then the main/European GP2 series. I'm not totally up on the best order or exactly how the European ladder works now, but that's where I'd be. Worst case, you'd have loads of good, solid road racing experience and you could always come back here and buy a seat with KV.

How does the Team USA Scholarship work? I mean, does it pay for a ladder series seat somewhere???

Chamoo
27th September 2010, 02:19
I believe Ashley has competed in a Star Mazda event or two, and plans on being full time there next year.

vintage
27th September 2010, 02:42
A midpack woman - secrets of racing success! Someone should send updates for her wins in Skip Barber regionals.

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/23929/

anthonyvop
27th September 2010, 17:57
understood, but people who have competed directly against her have been swooning her praises, so lets see what happens in the next few years.

Go to any regional event and you can find drivers who have others swooning their praises.

She is 18 now. In 2011 is she isn't at least battling for the championship in a professional ladder series it will be a safe bet that her career is stagnant.
Star Mazda barely qualifies and she would have to dominate the championship to even garner a little respect.

In reality at 19 if you are not getting in a Indy Lights or F3/GP3 seat you might as well start hitting pavement in a Grand-Am paddock.

Lousada
27th September 2010, 18:09
Go to any regional event and you can find drivers who have others swooning their praises.

She is 18 now. In 2011 is she isn't at least battling for the championship in a professional ladder series it will be a safe bet that her career is stagnant.
Star Mazda barely qualifies and she would have to dominate the championship to even garner a little respect.

In reality at 19 if you are not getting in a Indy Lights or F3/GP3 seat you might as well start hitting pavement in a Grand-Am paddock.

Yes, you are essentially right, 19 is very old. Vettel was already scoring F1 points when he was that age. On the other hand Mark Webber was still driving Formula Fords by the age of 20.
If she keeps throwing boatloads of money at it and steps up every year she could still make it.

I am evil Homer
28th September 2010, 09:26
Only if she moves to Europe soon and impresses a team like Barwa, ART etc.