PDA

View Full Version : The cosworths have a bad habit...

snellman
26th September 2010, 16:32
of you know... Blowing up :mad:

Ranger
26th September 2010, 16:41
From 3 years out of the sport they've done damn well to produce an F1 engine that can acheive P4/5/6's in a midfield team.

They'll get there eventually.

Sonic
26th September 2010, 17:46
From 3 years out of the sport they've done damn well to produce an F1 engine that can acheive P4/5/6's in a midfield team.

They'll get there eventually.

Indeed. The blow up seemed to occur as a direct result of Kovy spinning and then ragging the engine to spin turn. It's also more than likely done three GP's by now.

Cossie have done well this year.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th September 2010, 22:58
"We were looking good for 15th, but then I had a coming together with Buemi towards the end of the race. I spun the car to get back onto the track which I think cracked the fuel tank pressure release valve and it looks like that caused an airbox fire."

Sonic
26th September 2010, 23:04
"We were looking good for 15th, but then I had a coming together with Buemi towards the end of the race. I spun the car to get back onto the track which I think cracked the fuel tank pressure release valve and it looks like that caused an airbox fire."

I was right? First time for everything I guess.

V12
1st October 2010, 18:20
I read somewhere that a lot of the "Cosworth" failures are actually more down to the drivetrain package used by the three new teams than the engine itself, which is why Williams has had less failures than them.

I don't doubt they aren't the best in either performance* or reliability stakes, but they are doing well all things considered I think.

*Not that it means much with the freezing and equalisation we're still not free from :mad:

DexDexter
2nd October 2010, 09:08
I read somewhere that a lot of the "Cosworth" failures are actually more down to the drivetrain package used by the three new teams than the engine itself, which is why Williams has had less failures than them.

I don't doubt they aren't the best in either performance* or reliability stakes, but they are doing well all things considered I think.

*Not that it means much with the freezing and equalisation we're still not free from :mad:

That's been discussed here. Lotus, for example, has had terrible problems with the drivetrain all year and in addition it's heavy. That's one of the main reasons they've decided to change to Renault, who gives them the whole packace instead of just an engine. Cossie is propably quite ok.