PDA

View Full Version : HVM Locked out

anthonyvop
25th September 2010, 21:00
Word is that HVM's shop has been shut down by the Landlord for lack of rent payment. Locks changed and this sign on the door.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9578/0924100935.jpg

TURN3
25th September 2010, 21:22
Sad

Easy Drifter
26th September 2010, 00:21
Ouch. Hopefully their cars etc are not there and they can at least make the last race of the year somehow. No wonder Simona has not been as competitive lately.

maximilian
26th September 2010, 05:00
Wouldn't most of the stuff they need to race have been in transit anyways?

jwhite9185
26th September 2010, 11:23
not good

anthonyvop
26th September 2010, 13:52
Wouldn't most of the stuff they need to race have been in transit anyways?

Probably not. Set up starts Wednesday and runs through the next day with practice starting Friday.

Typically the hauler would have left on Monday or even Tuesday.

Nikki Katz
26th September 2010, 15:14
That's sad. I hope that de Silvestro gets a seat somewhere for next season :(

Jag_Warrior
26th September 2010, 21:48
How was an outfit like HVM able to afford talent like Michael Cannon to begin with? Did they give him an ownership stake or something?

I'd heard that the owners of the Stargate Worlds game were in financial trouble, so I wondered how they could afford primary sponsorship. I guess this answers that question: they couldn't.

Chamoo
26th September 2010, 22:33
I'd heard that the owners of the Stargate Worlds game were in financial trouble, so I wondered how they could afford primary sponsorship. I guess this answers that question: they couldn't.

Stargate Worlds is not paying a penny for sponsoring the car. I'm not sure how it works, but the developers of Stargate Worlds had never paid a penny towards sponsoring that team. The money is coming from elsewhere, I'm just not sure where that is.

maximilian
27th September 2010, 00:01
Probably not. Set up starts Wednesday and runs through the next day with practice starting Friday.

Typically the hauler would have left on Monday or even Tuesday.
I was hoping that the whole caravan would have come straight down to Miami from the previous race, without going back to the home base first...

Jag_Warrior
27th September 2010, 02:02
Stargate Worlds is not paying a penny for sponsoring the car. I'm not sure how it works, but the developers of Stargate Worlds had never paid a penny towards sponsoring that team. The money is coming from elsewhere, I'm just not sure where that is.

:confused: No $ but a big decal = sounds like a really weird situation.

MDS
27th September 2010, 02:05

As I understand it one of Simona's backers was also a big investor in one of the investors who was also invested in Star Gate Resistance/Worlds and put the game on the side of the car because it he was pretty much funding the effort anyway.

I checked out the game forum and essentially two parties were fighting for control of the game. So the logo missing from the car could just be a signifier of whats happening with the lawsuit.

vintage
27th September 2010, 23:42
I'm fairly certain there is family/friend money involved in the sponsorship - as with most of the young drivers.

ykiki
28th September 2010, 00:45
:confused: No $ but a big decal = sounds like a really weird situation.
...like MasterCard Lola F1?

(actually as I read further down the thread, I kinda get how it happened)

Mekola
28th September 2010, 00:56
More kinda Pacific Racing (previous Wiggins team) when it closed down in 1997, halfway F3000 season of that year.

MDS
28th September 2010, 01:21
Wiggins has put out a statement, supposedly all is well

http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2010/09/hvm-all-is-well-simona-will-run-at-miami.html

Scotty G.
28th September 2010, 05:12
Wiggins has put out a statement, supposedly all is well

http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2010/09/hvm-all-is-well-simona-will-run-at-miami.html

The Hulman family checkbook opened up to keep Simona in a car for this weekend? ;)

anthonyvop
28th September 2010, 14:24
I work closely with one of Simona's Sponsors and this is what he told me.

After the lock out the sponsors fell into 2 camps. Those who were calling their lawyers and those who scrambled to raise money to save their investment in the season.

Wiggins statement is based on the optimism that the money will appear and not based on fact...yet. I guess we will have to wait till Wednesday to find out.

As to his statement that the padlocking of their shop being an "unfortunate misunderstanding,".......Missing a rent payment by a day or 2 is a misunderstanding. Usually an entity has to be a month or two behind in a rent payment for a landlord to take action. Not the stuff of "misunderstandings."

Mark in Oshawa
28th September 2010, 15:08
No misunderstanding here....they were broke.

The economics of the IRL are so bad that people are going broke trying to stay in the sport...and it is a shame....

The thing is, I see a few more possible victims of this in time....

anthonyvop
28th September 2010, 21:59
No misunderstanding here....they were broke.

The economics of the IRL are so bad that people are going broke trying to stay in the sport...and it is a shame....

The thing is, I see a few more possible victims of this in time....

Well they found some money and arrived at Homestead in time for a Tropical Storm

beachbum
28th September 2010, 23:03
Well they found some money and arrived at Homestead in time for a Tropical StormIt looks like a direct hit for Homestead, but the storm should be out of there by Thursday afternoon. Hope there isn't too much damage

anthonyvop
29th September 2010, 00:02
It looks like a direct hit for Homestead, but the storm should be out of there by Thursday afternoon. Hope there isn't too much damage

tropical storm. Only people worried are TV weathermen.

beachgirl
29th September 2010, 00:18
tropical storm. Only people worried are TV weathermen.

Not necessarily. Have you ever had to deal with a tropical storm in that area? I have, and have had to deal with the damage. Tropical storms can have sustained winds up to 72 mph. At 73 they become hurricanes. Hopefully this one will be on the low end of the tropical storm wind range.

anthonyvop
29th September 2010, 04:23
Not necessarily. Have you ever had to deal with a tropical storm in that area? I have, and have had to deal with the damage. Tropical storms can have sustained winds up to 72 mph. At 73 they become hurricanes. Hopefully this one will be on the low end of the tropical storm wind range.

I have been through 15 Hurricanes including Hurricane Andrew which was one of only three CAT 5 storms to have hit the US.

I have standing orders not to wake me unless it is a CAT 3 or bigger.

This is Miami not New Orleans. Don't worry. We will be fine.

Jag_Warrior
29th September 2010, 19:22
Given how they're ending the season, is this team going to answer the bell next season, or is this it for HVM?

DBell
29th September 2010, 22:23
Given how they're ending the season, is this team going to answer the bell next season, or is this it for HVM?

That probably depends on finding a driver with serious cash. But that describes most IndyCar teams today.

maximilian
1st October 2010, 20:00
Well, they are racing the season finale, so it couldn't be too bad? :)