AAA 400

Qualifying: 3:10 pm Friday

Green Flag: 1:15 pm Sunday

MD24
24th September 2010, 21:24
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2010/28/data/lineup.html

harvick#1
25th September 2010, 08:22
so now the 5 fails post Qualifying inspection, boy here we go, the Hendrick floodgates begin, better send all 4 cars to R&D Nascar.

TURN3
25th September 2010, 21:30
I just finished reading about Harvick and Hamlin's deal during practice. With apologies to Havick fans, that guy is one complete a#@hole. Seriously, what exactly has he accomplished in his 10 or so year career that has exacted him as the "sherriff" that he seems to think he is. I can tell you one thing, If I were a driver, his sorry excuse would've been knocked down a few pegs behind the woodshed by now. He isn't even close to being tough enough to cash the checks he thinks he can write. I've been saying it for awhile, but he seems to be getting more full of himself. Looks like he's getting a little closer to the day somebody like Hamlin or Logano whips his butt in front of the cameras for us all to see.

harvick#1
25th September 2010, 21:42
Harvick is sticking up for his teammate Bowyer and the entire organization of RCR. because unlike those 3 ego driven drivers at Gibbs, Harvick will stick up for his guys, hate him all you want, he owns his race team and employees people, he gives drivers second chances in the lower series.

Hamlin playing mind games and Harvick just played one right back. get in the face of a man talking trash and see how he wants to respond.

remember, this is Denny Hamlin, he attacked Brad K for racing him too hard in the Nationwide series.

MD24
25th September 2010, 22:09
I just finished reading about Harvick and Hamlin's deal during practice. With apologies to Havick fans, that guy is one complete a#@hole. Seriously, what exactly has he accomplished in his 10 or so year career that has exacted him as the "sherriff" that he seems to think he is. I can tell you one thing, If I were a driver, his sorry excuse would've been knocked down a few pegs behind the woodshed by now. He isn't even close to being tough enough to cash the checks he thinks he can write. I've been saying it for awhile, but he seems to be getting more full of himself. Looks like he's getting a little closer to the day somebody like Hamlin or Logano whips his butt in front of the cameras for us all to see.

Just saw the clip on tv and I couldn't agree with you more

TURN3
25th September 2010, 22:20
Harvick is sticking up for his teammate Bowyer and the entire organization of RCR. because unlike those 3 ego driven drivers at Gibbs, Harvick will stick up for his guys, hate him all you want, he owns his race team and employees people, he gives drivers second chances in the lower series.

Hamlin playing mind games and Harvick just played one right back. get in the face of a man talking trash and see how he wants to respond.

remember, this is Denny Hamlin, he attacked Brad K for racing him too hard in the Nationwide series.

I know what he's doing, sticking up for his teammate. It isn't his place. If I'm not mistaken, Bowyer has a car and a voice. If that is how retaliation is done, then why isn't Clint taking care of himself. If a teammate has to do it for him, then why not the much classier and more talented Jeff Burton? How many times, this year alone, have we seen whittle Kevy bumping and spinning people because of his self-imposed policing? I'm not particularly a fan of Hamlin, but to call him out for the Keslowski thing screams Kevin Harvick all over it. I can't remember a bigger pussy than Harvick in NASCAR in the nearly 30 years I've paid attention. To think Kyle Busch gets all the crap he does, the lowest driver in the sport seems to fly under the radar more often than not. Why is that? Because he just doesn't win very often? He's had a strong points year this year but historically he's not exactly in your upper echelon of talent out there.

harvick#1
25th September 2010, 22:38
didnt when Edwards come storming into the garage to confront Harvick, Edwards was the one that fell on his ass, not Harvick. stop being jealous that just cause hes had a few down year, doesnt mean it was all driver.

Hendrick would kill to have Harvick or any other team. Harvick rarely ever has DNF's and he brings it home, Kyle may get his wins, but check his DNF's also.

TURN3
25th September 2010, 22:54
didnt when Edwards come storming into the garage to confront Harvick, Edwards was the one that fell on his ass, not Harvick. stop being jealous that just cause hes had a few down year, doesnt mean it was all driver.

Hendrick would kill to have Harvick or any other team. Harvick rarely ever has DNF's and he brings it home, Kyle may get his wins, but check his DNF's also.

I have absolutely zero jealousy towards anybody. That just doesn't make sense. I call the guy for what he is, a punk a$$hole that needs a right cross to the jaw to make him realize he hasn't been annointed with anything.

Harv, I'm not trying to personally offend you but, you obviously have DanicaFan-itis when it comes to Kevin Harvick. Strange how that works with people, in general, with their favorite drivers. Everybody has to be man enough to realize when their guy is wrong. I watched numerous Carl Edwards fans step up and call their driver out this year when he went over the line. Kevin Harvick has earned a badge for track police officer so until NASCAR announces that he in fact does have one, he's out of line. Not a very good professional (hint: see teammate Jeff Burton).

harvick#1
25th September 2010, 23:02
I have absolutely zero jealousy towards anybody. That just doesn't make sense. I call the guy for what he is, a punk a$$hole that needs a right cross to the jaw to make him realize he hasn't been annointed with anything.

Harv, I'm not trying to personally offend you but, you obviously have DanicaFan-itis when it comes to Kevin Harvick. Strange how that works with people, in general, with their favorite drivers. Everybody has to be man enough to realize when their guy is wrong. I watched numerous Carl Edwards fans step up and call their driver out this year when he went over the line. Kevin Harvick has earned a badge for track police officer so until NASCAR announces that he in fact does have one, he's out of line. Not a very good professional (hint: see teammate Jeff Burton).

no I don't, Harvick has done some incredibly stupid things before that I disagree with, I'll admit that, I even blamed the incident at Pocono on Harvick, while others say Lagano was at fault.

its funny how guys like Stewart, Edwards, and Brad K can do worse and yet you turn your eyes on them.

Fact is, hes sticking up for his teammate and telling Denny his little mind game wont work.

if Denny kept his mouth shut like he should've, none of this would have happened this weekend

TURN3
26th September 2010, 00:24
no I don't, Harvick has done some incredibly stupid things before that I disagree with, I'll admit that, I even blamed the incident at Pocono on Harvick, while others say Lagano was at fault.

its funny how guys like Stewart, Edwards, and Brad K can do worse and yet you turn your eyes on them.

Fact is, hes sticking up for his teammate and telling Denny his little mind game wont work.

if Denny kept his mouth shut like he should've, none of this would have happened this weekend

Fair enough, that is true...I remember.

I disagree thought that Denny had a responsibility to keep his mouth shut. And it isn't Kevin Harvick's place to be determining who says what about who and when. He's out of line here Harv...and I'm saying one of these guys is going to step outside and handle it like it should've been awhile ago with him.

harvick#1
26th September 2010, 15:43
remember the Gibbs team blatantly cheated in a dyno test a year or 2 ago by putting magnets under the pedals.

the Gibbs team has been caught before, and the way Kyle won the nationwide race last night, you are telling me that car was legal also, no one could stay within 2 seconds of him all race.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off next time Gibbs is gonna get caught again just like every other team has. maybe Denny will then run back to his crib with a bottle to suck on

edv
26th September 2010, 17:55
I suspect that Bowyer is minding his manners until the appeals are settled next week.

Pity about the car controversy...Bowyer is one of those drivers whose success is a refreshing change to the usual routine.

MD24
26th September 2010, 19:24
Can't believe the empty seats.
I stopped going about 4 years ago and the stands were full and they didn't have any sections closed off.

DavePI2
26th September 2010, 19:48
can't believe the empty seats? Well now nascar has gone from phony debris flags too possible future debris flags. That loose caution light excuse is the silliest excuse for a caution I have seen yet. Maybe if nascar stopped playing all their fans for fools they just might stop their ratings and attendance from dropping like a rock.

MD24
27th September 2010, 00:36
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2010/28/data/results_unofficial.html

Lee Roy
27th September 2010, 19:23
can't believe the empty seats?

You think that was empty seats, you should have been there for the IRL races.

TURN3
27th September 2010, 20:14
You think that was empty seats, you should have been there for the IRL races.

Was anybody making a comparison to Indycar? Isn't it being suggested in the posts above that the crowds were down from past NASCAR crowds? Typical of you...no point to make, just being you.

Lee Roy
27th September 2010, 21:08
Was anybody making a comparison to Indycar? Isn't it being suggested in the posts above that the crowds were down from past NASCAR crowds? Typical of you...no point to make, just being you.

I guess you Indy Car fans are so used to insults of NASCAR that you don't even notice, do you.

Dave's a hater. Has been for a long time. He never says anything about NASCAR without insults. If you Indy Car fans can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Same kind of stuff that I'm accused of over on the Indy Car board. You've never come to my defense of there?

TURN3
28th September 2010, 02:42
I guess you Indy Car fans are so used to insults of NASCAR that you don't even notice, do you.

Dave's a hater. Has been for a long time. He never says anything about NASCAR without insults. If you Indy Car fans can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Same kind of stuff that I'm accused of over on the Indy Car board. You've never come to my defense of there?

I've never "come to your defense" because I don't think I've ever seen a productive post from you. If there were just cause, I would defend anybody with a valid point. You're one of these guys who thinks its me against the world or more, Indycar vs NASCAR. In a thread where that is the discussion fine, but this isn't one of them. I'm not an "Indycar" guy as you put it. I'm a racing fan...which you wouldn't get because you seem to be too busy trying to figure out which side of the trailer you should hang your Dale Sr. flag. Grow up, at least pretend like you are educated, and stop acting like a fool. The point was the crowd at Dover was down, which it was...has nothing to do with Indycar or GM going bankrupt or the fact we landed on the moon. Make a valid point or just zip it.

Mihai
28th September 2010, 07:40
Allmendinger - "The car was dialed in and just a stupid five-cent washer got inside the tyre".

Excuse my ignorance, but what does 'a five-cent washer' means?

Lee Roy
28th September 2010, 12:41
I've never "come to your defense" because I don't think I've ever seen a productive post from you. If there were just cause, I would defend anybody with a valid point. You're one of these guys who thinks its me against the world or more, Indycar vs NASCAR. In a thread where that is the discussion fine, but this isn't one of them. I'm not an "Indycar" guy as you put it. I'm a racing fan...which you wouldn't get because you seem to be too busy trying to figure out which side of the trailer you should hang your Dale Sr. flag. Grow up, at least pretend like you are educated, and stop acting like a fool. The point was the crowd at Dover was down, which it was...has nothing to do with Indycar or GM going bankrupt or the fact we landed on the moon. Make a valid point or just zip it.

Ah yes, the personal insults. The playground of the small mind.

Steve-o
28th September 2010, 14:28
Allmendinger - "The car was dialed in and just a stupid five-cent washer got inside the tyre".

think of nuts and bolts. A washer would be the small metal collar around a bolt between the nut and whatever your bolting the nut too.

My recap of the race:
http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2010/09/nascar-at-dover-johnson-and-drive-for.html

harvick#1
28th September 2010, 15:52

more a less a spacer for a bolt or nut

MD24
28th September 2010, 18:08

Just read some of his posts, what a winner :rolleyes:

No doubt his intent was to insult

Lee Roy
28th September 2010, 18:38
Just read some of his posts, what a winner :rolleyes:

No doubt his intent was to insult

He's always insulting NASCAR and it's fans. I leave him alone on the IRL board but he's in our house now.

wbcobrar
29th September 2010, 03:19
I can't believe no one is talking about the giant elephant with the 48 on its side in the room. I am not what you would call a J.J. fan, and I know there is a lot of races left but if they win the championship again can the argument be made that this may be the best stock car driver ever. I know Richard is still the King, and 7 championships is amazing, but in this era the cars are so close and the top 35 drivers all have a real chance to win every week. For that team to do what it does is special.

harvick#1
29th September 2010, 03:26
I can't believe no one is talking about the giant elephant with the 48 on its side in the room. I am not what you would call a J.J. fan, and I know there is a lot of races left but if they win the championship again can the argument be made that this may be the best stock car driver ever. I know Richard is still the King, and 7 championships is amazing, but in this era the cars are so close and the top 35 drivers all have a real chance to win every week. For that team to do what it does is special.

no, IMO, winning a 10 race championship is an asterisk to the actual drivers that won a championship the correct way. the chase is a joke and should have been shot down the instant Brian France wanted this. actually Brian shouldve been shot also along with Helton for really making Nascar a WWE scripted doing