PDA

View Full Version : Massa to Sauber (rumour)

ArrowsFA1
22nd September 2010, 08:15
Rumor mill hits again in German press mentioning that Ferrari wants to send Massa to Sauber
http://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/25189885299

To be replaced by Kubica, leaving room for Raikkonen & Petrov at Renault :confused:

Ranger
22nd September 2010, 08:30
Makes no sense... but I wouldn't put it past Ferrari.

DexDexter
22nd September 2010, 10:53
Makes no sense... but I wouldn't put it past Ferrari.

I don't think Ferdando would be happy. I mean Kubica isn't the kind of guy who will move over for anybody. I'd suspect that implementing team orders would become impossible if Kubica was at Ferrari.

Valve Bounce
22nd September 2010, 10:57
I don't think Ferdando would be happy. I mean Kubica isn't the kind of guy who will move over for anybody. I'd suspect that implementing team orders would become impossible if Kubica was at Ferrari.

I think Kube Man is faster than his results at Renault have indicated.

Driving a Ferrari, he will be a winner, no question.

DexDexter
22nd September 2010, 11:01
I think Kube Man is faster than his results at Renault have indicated.

Driving a Ferrari, he will be a winner, no question.

Yep, if he were allowed to. The situation at Ferrari isn't the easiest for a new driver since they have a very insecure (and fast) former WDC who wants to dominate the team and in addition he brings a huge sponsor with him. Logically, it would be foolish to sign Kubica.

Valve Bounce
22nd September 2010, 11:05
Yep, if he were allowed to. The situation at Ferrari isn't the easiest for a new driver since they have a very insecure (and fast) former WDC who wants to dominate the team and in addition he brings a huge sponsor with him. Logically, it would be foolish to sign Kubica.

They'd be much better off offering the ride to Bunsen. And I think Bunsen will win races that would be difficult for Fernando, but again, I stress this is only my opinion.

StD need not reply to my post - thanks!

Rodster
22nd September 2010, 11:14
I can't see this working, from what i've read both Fred and Kubica are good friends. Kubica reminds me a little of Kimi, he's precise,fast and gets on it. I don't think it would be in Fred's best interest to have Kube as a teammate.

Rodster
22nd September 2010, 11:17
They'd be much better off offering the ride to Bunsen. And I think Bunsen will win races that would be difficult for Fernando, but again, I stress this is only my opinion.

StD need not reply to my post - thanks!

Bunsen wouldn't sign as he outwardly made statements that he detests team orders.

Valve Bounce
22nd September 2010, 11:23
Bunsen wouldn't sign as he outwardly made statements that he detests team orders.

I cAn only agree with you. I only mentioned Bunsen because he would have a better state of mind driving at Ferrari than Kube Man. Kube Man wants to win, and nothing else - that's my impression.

Rodster
22nd September 2010, 11:39
I cAn only agree with you. I only mentioned Bunsen because he would have a better state of mind driving at Ferrari than Kube Man. Kube Man wants to win, and nothing else - that's my impression.

Kube would hurt Fred's feelings. I would even venture to say he's better than Fred.

Saint Devote
22nd September 2010, 11:41

Jenson's state of mind is extremely good these days.
Why do you write such rubbish?

It is as bad this whole thread - the rumours, written by journalists, that have mothing better to do than promote gossip.

That y'all are even discussing this nonsense is remarkable - or perhaps not actually. Gossiping Girties ...... :rotflmao:

ArrowsFA1
22nd September 2010, 11:44
That y'all are even discussing this nonsense is remarkable - or perhaps not actually. Gossiping Girties ...... :rotflmao:
It's a rumour. Time will tell if it's nonsense or not, and it passes the time.

Thanks for joining in :p :s mokin:

Sonic
22nd September 2010, 11:53
It's a rumour. Time will tell if it's nonsense or not, and it passes the time.

Thanks for joining in :p :s mokin:

POW!

Robinho
22nd September 2010, 12:06

It is as bad this whole thread - the rumours, written by journalists, that have mothing better to do than promote gossip.

yet you felt the need to join in? and VB's didn't say there was anything wrong with Jenson's frame of mind, in fact he said that Jenson's would be beteer than Kubica's if either ended up at Ferrari. Which is a compliment to Jenson, but you couldn't resist jumping in with both feet, again.

and back to the thread, i could well see Massa returning to Sauber, and in the long run i think Kubica is quite likely to end up at Ferrari, and he has a few years of youth over Alonso so it would make some sense for Ferrari also. If he came available i think they'd take him

Valve Bounce
22nd September 2010, 13:43

To quote you: "I don't care what you think"

End of discussion.

Retro Formula 1
22nd September 2010, 14:11
To quote you: "I don't care what you think"

End of discussion.

Ah, but you should.

Sometimes we get inside knowledge of life inside the pit lane but this is the first occassions we have inside knowledge the state of a drivers mind.

Either STD is a genius.......... or coming out with the usual.

:D

keysersoze
22nd September 2010, 16:34
Massa in a Sauber? If so, it will be the beginning of the end, it seems, for the Brazilian. But he must be sufficiently disenchanted with the status quo at Ferrari that he wants out.

Like others have said, Kubica to Ferrari makes no sense for Fernando.

Still, anything is possible in F1!

woody2goody
23rd September 2010, 00:03
Who would leave Sauber in any case?

Kobayashi and Heidfeld are already contracted for next season...

CNR
23rd September 2010, 00:18
could this be something lost in translation ?
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eaporrea%2eorg%2fvenezuelaexte rior%2fn165372%2ehtml

Peter Sauber, team owner, is known for his ability to find good talent, because there have taken its first steps, the likes of Kimi Raikkonnen and Felipe Massa.
Con Maldonado, Sauber tendría un piloto de velocidad, quien trae buenos patrocinantes, pero los demás aspirantes también tienen talento y quizá mucho más dinero del que puede aportar el venezolano. With Maldonado, Sauber driver would have a speed, who brings good sponsors, but other candidates also have talent and perhaps even more money than you can provide the Venezuelan.

The possibilities here Maldonado Nicolas enhanced if its manager Todd manages to buy all or part of the Sauber team, as rumored.
Todd es dueño de ART Grand Prix, la principal escudería de GP2, para la cual Maldonado corrió sin mucha gloria en 2009. Todd is the owner of ART Grand Prix, the main GP2 team, for which Maldonado ran without much glory in 2009.
Todd con su equipo ART, era aspirante a lograr la plaza ofrecida por la Formula 1 para ingresar en el 2011. ART Todd and his team, was aspiring to achieve the square offered by the Formula 1 to enter in 2011.
Pero ART no logró conseguir los recursos y retiraron su candidatura.

Roamy
23rd September 2010, 04:39
I think they just need stuff to talk about. Makes no sense and you can bet Briatore and Alonso will have quite a bit of input should Massa be replaced. Its not like Dommicelli is the "old man" Alonso clearly has the #1 tag at the moment.

Roamy
23rd September 2010, 04:57
BTW I just found out that Nick is not signed beyond this current year

jens
25th September 2010, 16:50
Sorry, but some rumours are just BS and I have no idea, why are they brought up at all. :p : There were talks about the movements of Massa and Kubica already early in the season, but nothing materialized and both stayed in their teams. Why should they change now?? And teams don't extend contracts just to break them without some serious changes in the team. Kimi was an extraordinary case, which coincided with a new title sponsor signing for Ferrari. I don't see Polski Fiat ( :p :) becoming the title sponsor for Ferrari in 2011 to start wishing serious changes.

Retro Formula 1
25th September 2010, 17:21
I think Massa has been destroyed by Alonso and is disenchanted.

A change of team might do some good, especially for Ferrari.

kalasend
28th September 2010, 10:57

You just watch (if rumor becomes fact). To me, Massa was the last guy on the grid to come to mind when it comes to yielding. And then it happened.

Dave B
28th September 2010, 11:45
I wouldn't blame Massa if he got out of Ferrari, it's painfully obvious that they regard Alonso as their number one, and Felipe will never receive equal treatment all the time they're team mates.

Yet again Alonso demonstrates that he can only function properly when he's not under threat from a faster team mate.

Big Ben
28th September 2010, 14:13
There is a rumour that Massa goes to Sauber? that f***ing motherf****er toy out of the pram thrower primadonna son of a b****.... hmm.. ALONSO! oh yeah... and santander

ioan
28th September 2010, 22:57
There is a rumour that Massa goes to Sauber? that f***ing motherf****er toy out of the pram thrower primadonna son of a b****.... hmm.. ALONSO! oh yeah... and santander

:up:
For once you got it right! Keep up whatever you were up to.

Roamy
29th September 2010, 05:04
I wouldn't blame Massa if he got out of Ferrari, it's painfully obvious that they regard Alonso as their number one, and Felipe will never receive equal treatment all the time they're team mates.

Yet again Alonso demonstrates that he can only function properly when he's not under threat from a faster team mate.

kinda like MS eh

DexDexter
29th September 2010, 18:57
You just watch (if rumor becomes fact). To me, Massa was the last guy on the grid to come to mind when it comes to yielding. And then it happened.

Why do you think so? We've heard Smedley coach the man for years, that's hardly a sign of a strong character.

ioan
29th September 2010, 21:12
Why do you think so? We've heard Smedley coach the man for years, that's hardly a sign of a strong character.

It's the job of the racing engineer to do so. Stella was doing the same with Kimi last season. They need to convey them information and support them in tough situation during races.
Coming back to race after last year's Hungaroring incident is the sign of a strong character, no matter how you look at it.

DexDexter
30th September 2010, 08:00
It's the job of the racing engineer to do so. Stella was doing the same with Kimi last season. They need to convey them information and support them in tough situation during races.
Coming back to race after last year's Hungaroring incident is the sign of a strong character, no matter how you look at it.

Yep, it's a sign of the man that he is still quick after brushing with death. But I don't think Massa is any stronger mentally than many others, so that's why commented on the poster's comment. A good driver who is in a very bad situation at the moment. Maybe he should talk to Heikki about how it feels to be number two?

jens
30th September 2010, 15:44
We've heard Smedley coach the man for years, that's hardly a sign of a strong character.

Have to agree with Ioan here. Race engineers want to be absolutely sure that everything is fine and hence mention things that may sound funny to us. "Sebastian, remember the 10-car-length rule! Remember the 10-car-length rule!" being one of the latest examples. :p : Not to mention reminders after the end of the race to collect debris off-line, which we hear after every race.

Firstgear
30th September 2010, 16:02

I disagree. I think all three top teams started out the season giving equal opportunity to both drivers. There comes a point in the season where it's beneficial for the team to get behind one driver, over the other.

Ferrari may have gotten behind Alonso too early for some people's liking, but Massa was quite a way back in points early so the descision was easy to make.

Red Bull on the other hand may be leaving it too late.

MacLaren.....well, lately, Hamilton has been doing his best to make sure his team doesn't even have to worry about making these descisions.

jens
30th September 2010, 16:08
Red Bull on the other hand may be leaving it too late.

But some argue that RBR was trying to favour one over another already as early as the Turkish Grand Prix. :)

fandango
30th September 2010, 18:04
I don't think Alonso is as paranoid, petulant or insecure as many people seem to take as fact, people who seem to be predominantly influenced by the British motorsport press. I really wish people could just move on from the 2007 McLaren silliness, which goes for the Spanish press too.

Anyway, the question of how Alonso feels is irrelevant. This is Ferrari, and it's the team that counts over anything else. If Ferrari think they can get more points or championships by dumping a driver, or hiring his worst enemy, then that is what they will do. Ferrari is Ferrari full stop. In fact, I think McLaren should do the same at bit more, instead of worrying if their drivers are cosy and comfy.

So the only reason they would get rid of Massa would be if he was failing to bring in some points. This year he's been recovering from his accident, so they're waiting for him to get it together, but it's time it happened.

As for Kubica alonside Alonso, why not? It could be bad, but it could be good. And this season there's been far more tension between teammates at Red Bull and even at McLaren than at Ferrari, where everyone was expecting the Latin blood to boil over.

Firstgear
30th September 2010, 18:35
But some argue that RBR was trying to favour one over another already as early as the Turkish Grand Prix. :)
Yes, it seems they were quite eager to favour one of their drivers early on. I think that at the beginning of the season, they were expecting to be favouring Vettel at some point. And now it's getting close to the end of the season, and they're not throwing their support entirely behind the other.

Almost everyone expected Vettel to take it to Webber. So the team's early support of Vettel made sense until Webber was clearly ahead well into the season.

If Massa could do at Ferrari, as Webber has done at Red Bull, Ferrari would be forced to play things more evenly as well. But I don't think it can happen. Massa has a tougher hill to climb. Not only because Alonso is that good - but because Massa has played second fiddle (to MS) at Ferrari before. He did quite a good job of it. I'm sure many in the team still think of him as a #2 no matter what he does.

ioan
30th September 2010, 18:42
Y
If Massa could do at Ferrari, as Webber has done at Red Bull, Ferrari would be forced to play things more evenly as well.

You mean he should be driving into his team mate? I wholeheartedly agree. :D

Tazio
30th September 2010, 19:02
I don't and have not thought that Massa's injury is affecting his performance.
And this is not a comparison of drivers. I think this is a season with so many intangibles that it is going to come down to luck as to who the champion is.
The pit strategy is just plain silly. The most impressive thing about Singapore was how easily Kubinski passed cars after only pitting because of a puncture. Sure he is fast, but the Renault is a very good car in his hands. Nico has barely put a foot wrong and he is light-years behind him right now because his ride sucks. The Smartest thing Ferrari did was build a car on a platform that was easy to evolve. Their upgrades are what has kept them in the fight and without testing McLaren have not been able to move ahead as fast as its 3 closest rivals. Williams has just had too far to go!

Firstgear
30th September 2010, 19:33

Whatever it take to get the job done. :p : :p : :p :

ArrowsFA1
1st October 2010, 12:55
Hardly a ringing endorsement for Felipe from Luca:
"I have waited for Felipe with great perseverance in the last four races..."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87100

Retro Formula 1
1st October 2010, 13:02

PML :up:

(Although it could be said about Seb as well ;) )

Tazio
1st October 2010, 13:25
Hardly a ringing endorsement for Felipe from Luca:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87100

From the same article:

I've been thinking about one thing and I invite you to do so too: from 1997, if we exclude the year 2005, we either won the F1 championship or we lost it in the last race.

"Ferrari has always been team to beat. We won eight constructors' world championships in the last ten years, it is important for me to reach the highest levels in Formula 1 this year as well. We're second and we will contest the championships until the very end."

As one member likes to say:
"you can't argue with results"

SGWilko
1st October 2010, 13:55
one member likes to say:
"you can't argue with results"

Well, you can, but it's like arguing with 'er indoors......

....a fruitless excercise.

;)

V12
1st October 2010, 17:22
I've been thinking about one thing and I invite you to do so too: from 1997, if we exclude the year 2005, we either won the F1 championship or we lost it in the last race.

"Ferrari has always been team to beat. We won eight constructors' world championships in the last ten years, it is important for me to reach the highest levels in Formula 1 this year as well. We're second and we will contest the championships until the very end."

Forgotten about last year has he?

Garry Walker
5th October 2010, 06:55

The only driver who has been driving into his teammate this year has been Stupid Vettel (SV)

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2010, 08:34
Massa to Sauber proved to be just a rumour after all :)

Arjuna
6th October 2010, 10:37
It doesn't seem Massa would leave Ferrari any time soon in the future. They have good intimacy, Massa is good encoding their messages.. :)

I am evil Homer
6th October 2010, 10:46
He's the ideal #2 driver

Big Ben
6th October 2010, 11:33
He's the ideal #2 driver

Button's not bad either :p :

maximilian
6th October 2010, 13:03
Silly. Webber is going to be World Champion as #2 driver. Can't get better than that! :D

Arjuna
7th October 2010, 03:25
Webber knows the designation of second driver, but pretended not to read the signal in Turkey that in fact he was slower than Vettel, if they didn't collide, Hamilton would have passed them. Perhaps Mark drives on his own justification.. :)